Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/105188
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No 216, Riga, 29 March 2005 (pr. § 2 No. 16) order in which University students acquire special military training course released under the compulsory military service act article 3 paragraph 3 of part 1 of the regulations determines the order in which the State licensed University (graduate school) students learn State-approved special military training courses (military training).
2. Military exercises going on in the following levels: 2.1 the basic reserve soldiers;
2.2. the reserves later trainer Foundation course;
2.3. the reserve commanding composition over the course of mere;
2.4. the reserve officer specialist (doctor's) basic course.
3. Reserve a course teaches the soldier's national armed forces soldiers in certain training programs. This programme is implemented in one year, and may apply to all specialties students.
4. Students who are successfully trained in the reserve for the soldier training, receiving a national Instructor for the armed forces of the school certificate of basic training of reserve soldiers and can continue military exercises one year later the instructor's course reserve, which teaches the Department/instructor of the Group's overall training program.
5. Students who are successfully trained in the reserve for the latest course instructor receives national armed forces instructors school certificate for reserves later the instructor's qualification and the corporal's rank and after high school graduation is credited to the national armed forces reserve.
6. Reserve commanding officer in the course of two years, teaches the reserve officer training Pro gramm. On this program you can apply for all specialties students before successfully trained in the reserve for the soldier course.
7. Students who successfully trained in the reserve commanding officer's course in composition, receiving the Latvian National Defense Academy certificate for platoon leader's qualification and the Lieutenant's rank and after high school graduation is credited to the national armed forces reserve.
8. Reserve Officer Specialist (doctor) in the one year course teaches professionals training officer program. On this program you can apply for students learning a vocational program of study medical professional qualification.
9. Students who are successfully trained in the specialist reserve officer course, receives the Latvian National Defense Academy certificate of officer professional qualification and first-rank and after high school graduation is credited to the national armed forces reserve.
10. Military training students learn on a voluntary basis. Military training lesson plans aligned with the calendar of the University plan.
11. The Ministry of defence and the University concluded a reciprocal agreement. The contract determines the rights and obligations of the parties to military training.
12. Graduate School based on the student submissions, each year before 1 October shall inform the national armed forces for those students who want to learn the exercises.
13. Students who want to learn the exercises, carried out the mandatory health check national armed forces military medical center. Expenditure relating to the compulsory medical examination shall be borne by the Ministry of Defence assigned to the national budget.
14. before the military exercises, students sign a contract with the national armed forces. The Treaty lays down the rights, duties, responsibilities, and military training.
15. reserves of basic and spare the soldiers later trainer Foundation course teaches officers, who have the required qualifications. Military training theoretical classes take place during the semester the University once a week on weekday evenings (by two academic hours). Practice and field training takes place during the semester two times a month (on Saturdays or Sundays over eight hours) or once a month (Saturday and Sunday, a total of no more than 16 hours). Summer vacation in progress on the three week long summer field camp (after each training course).
16. Spare the spare classrooms and soldiers later trainer of course organised by the national armed forces instructors school in accordance with the national armed forces instructors school developed training programmes.
17. the composition of the reserve commanding over a little basic and specialist reserve officer (physician) training course is organised by the Latvian National Defense Academy in accordance with the Latvian National Defense Academy in the Thai development training programmes.
18. The University in accordance with the universities and the Ministry of Defence signed agreement provides the physical preparation of students.
19. Military training is provided from the Defence Ministry for this purpose in the State budget.
20. in the Field of training and summer camp field time, students shall be insured against accidents as compulsory military service, soldiers, and they are provided in accordance with the compulsory military service to those facilities security soldiers and the intake. During this time the students will cover all travel expenses related to arrival on the field training or summer field camps.
21. University students who learn military training programs before participation in the field training and summer field camps are vaccinated against tick-borne encephalitis, as well as receive the necessary medical assistance field training and summer field camps.
22. National armed forces provide military training process with personnel, resources, weapons, uniforms, equipment and ammunition, as well as organizing field training and summer field camps.
23. The University provides military training require rooms as well as rooms for the maintenance of the necessary public services.
24. Be declared unenforceable for Min three cabinet 4 February 2003 Regulation No 59 "order in which University students acquire special military training course" (Latvian journal, 2003, no. 21).
Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs a. Minister Pabriks e. Repše Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions with the 7 April 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia