Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/110742
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 414 in Riga, 14 June 2005 (pr. No 35 25) the Latvian food centre regulations Issued pursuant to the public administration Act, article 16 of the equipment the first part i. General questions 1. Food Center (hereinafter referred to as the Centre) of the Minister of health would need a direct regulatory authority.
2. the aim of the Centre is the national nutrition policy and to participation in the healthy food (the new food, genetically modified foods, genetically modified animal feeds and genetically modified organisms) movement.
II. functions of the Centre, and 3. the Centre shall have the right to the following functions: to participate in nutrition policy 3.1 plan and coordinate its implementation;
3.2. to participate in nutrition policy optimization and organize its implementation;
3.3. to participate in the food (the new food, genetically modified foods, genetically modified animal feeds and genetically modified organisms) safety policy optimization and implementation;
3.4. to participate in the Biosafety and biodiversity preserves of optimization and implementation of the policy.
4. to perform certain functions, the Centre shall carry out food monitoring statutory tasks, as well as the following tasks: 4.1 identify mikroviel deficit consumption, develop a mikroviel deficit programme of projects and coordinate the implementation of programmes;
4.2. authorisation of genetically modified foods, genetically modified feedingstuffs and genetically modified organisms in accordance with the requirements of legislation on genetically modified organisms and of the European Parliament and of the Council of 22 September 2003 Regulation (EC) No 1829/2003 on genetically modified food and animal feed in article 5 (2), and article 17, paragraph 2, as well as prepare applications under article 6 of that regulation of paragraph 6, and article 18, paragraph 6;
4.3. to fulfil the tasks of the competent authority of the country in cooperation with the European Commission's new food assessment of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 January 1997, Regulation (EC) No 258/97 concerning novel foods and novel food ingredients (3) of article 4 and article 6 paragraphs 2 and 4;
4.4. to fulfil the tasks of the competent authority of the country in cooperation with the European Commission and the European food safety authority (EFSA), the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 October 2004, Regulation (EC) No 1935/2004 on materials and products intended to come into contact with food, article 13;
4.5. the Centre's website on the internet and in the media to inform the public about its activities and results;
4.6. perform other legal tasks.
5. The Centre shall have the following rights: 5.1 according to the competence to request and external legislation the cases free of charge to receive from State and local government institutions, as well as of natural and legal persons the Centre's functions and tasks, the necessary information;
5.2. the laws and regulations in order to cooperate with State and local authorities and other bodies;
5.3. According to competence, cooperating with the authorities of other countries and international organisations;
5.4. to provide paid services, receive donations, donations and foreign financial assistance.
III. the administration of the Centre at 6. The Centre shall be headed by the Director of the Centre. The Director of the Centre national des installations * Act direct authorities managerial functions.
7. The Director shall be recruited and laid off Health Minister.
IV. activities of the Centre for Justice and reporting 8. Center the rule of law provide the Director of the Centre. The Director of the Centre is responsible for the Centre's internal control and management decisions for the creation and operation of the system.
9. the Director of the Centre shall have the right to cancel the decision taken by the officials of the Centre or the internal regulations issued. Officials or servants of the Centre issued the administrative act and actual action may be challenged, by submitting the application to the Director of the Centre. The decision of the Director may appeal to the Court.
10. the Director of the Centre for administrative acts issued and actual action may be challenged in the Ministry of health. The Ministry of health decision may appeal to the Court.
11. the Centre at least once a year, the Ministry of health submitted a report on the exercise of his functions, and the use of budget resources.
V. closing question 12. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet of Ministers of 2 July 2002 Regulation No 291 of the Latvian food centre rules "(Latvian journal, 2002, 105 no; 2003, 167 no).
Prime Minister a. Halloween Health Minister g. Smith Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions to 18 June 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia