Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/111479
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 449 Riga on 21 June 2005 (pr. No 36 35) use the subsoils and frequently occurring mineral mining permit as well as the use of geological information in the General order Issued in accordance with the law "on the Earth" in article 4, paragraph 1, the fifth subparagraph of article 10, the first, fourth and eleventh subparagraph and article 23 of the fourth part i. General questions 1. determines: 1.1. mining (except ground water) lookup passport (hereinafter referred to as the mineral deposits passport);
1.2. use of the subsoils of licences (hereinafter licence) and common mineral mining permit (hereinafter authorisation) procedure;
1.3. the use of geological information the General arrangements;
1.4. the amount and payment procedures for licences, permits and mineral deposits of the passports.
2. These rules also apply to the installation of the surface ūdensobjekt, if these objects correspond to one of the following criteria: 2.1 the surface of mineral ūdensobjekt be included in the register of mineral deposits in the territory;
2.2. installation of surface ūdensobjekt in the course of the implementation of the project is expected to remove more than 20000 m3 mineral.
3. in the case of hydrocarbons, the provisions shall apply only to the part of the Latvian environment, geology and Meteorology Agency (hereinafter the Agency) hold or geological information available.
4. before the mineral mining geological exploration, which make the resulting geological information to the mineral Agency to accept the item.
5. Mineral Exploration inventory, procurement and accounting for mineral deposits and mineral inventory balance sheet applied mineral inventory classification, which shall establish uniform requirements for the mineral to categorize items according to the precise phonetic transcription prospecting (annex 1).
6. Mineral inventory categories: category A – 6.1 unexplored mineral deposits. Mineral deposits in the geological exploration of the precise phonetic transcription is sufficient to determine the limits of optimum mining limit without additional prospecting;
6.2. the N category-rated mineral inventory. Mineral deposits in geological exploration allows precise phonetic transcription approximated mineral properties, the mining stocks and mineral deposits. This category of mineral items taken into account in the design of the planning or the planning of economic development. Setting a limit on deposits, mineral extraction raised additional conditions;
6.3. P category-estimated mineral resources. The amount of mineral resources estimate based on theoretical assumptions, general geological and hidroģeoloģiskaj of interrelations in the territory, as well as on the results of individual objects. Before this category of mineral resource use requires additional geological research.
7. licences that: 7.1. properties of subsoils valid, authorized the issue of nogabal the subsoils have a geological investigation and research data have been examined and accepted by the Agency;
7.2. mineral extraction of underground structures not related to construction and operation, the issue the authorizations of the subsoils have geological nogabal researched and survey data have been examined and accepted by the Agency, as well as if such construction is not inconsistent with the municipal territory planning (if any).
8. the licence or permit the recipient has obtained beneficial ownership of the minerals, if the addressee has not abandoned them in the contract for the right to use the Earth's depths.
9. Subsoils (except ground water) users before the mineral mining receives: 9.1. mineral deposits passport (annex 2), which shall include the prospecting results in basics of acquired mineral deposits, accepted inventory, mineral inventory quality and functionality, as well as the requirements to be met by operating wells;
9.2. information on mineral extraction limit (annex 3), which determines the maximum allowed amount of mining mineral resources in a specific area and time.
10. the permit or license and mineral deposits, the passport issue: 10.1. If mineral deposits inventory prospecting in the precise phonetic transcription corresponds to category A or N mineral stocks;
10.2. If the municipal territory planning (if any) mineral extraction in the land concerned is established as a territory (allowed) planned use.
11. the mineral deposits of the passport validity period may not exceed 10 years.
12. the issue of mineral deposits Passport N category mineral inventory, you can define additional geological research both before the mining work, and mining works (depending on the necessary geological information).
13. Mineral extraction limit may be divided into smaller parts, in coordination with the Agency.
II. Authorization and licensing procedures 14. Authorisation (annex 4) or license (annex 5) submitted an application for the permit or licence (annex 6), together with the following documents: 14.1 the merchant – a copy of the registration certificate;
14.2. property rights to land a copy of the identity document or contract with land owners for the use of subsoils with property rights to land a copy of the identity document;
14.3. details of staff qualifications and work out the technical support except if the Earth for use of leisure and tourist activities;
14.4. National Environment services with a consistent work programme which are listed in chronological order in a licence or permit for the duration of the action to be taken;
14.5. authorization – the mining agency limit;
14.6. Commission decision on the tender or auction results, if the use of the subsoils awarded tender or auction;
14.7. the water bore-site selection to create a reconciliation with the Government agencies ' public health agency "territorial unit and the relevant authorities.
15. The applicant may subcontract to provide personnel training and necessary technical support.
16. If the information provided in the application is incomplete or the application is not accompanied by all the necessary documents, permits or licenses issued by 14dien after receiving the application shall inform in writing the applicant and specify the additional information required. On the date of receipt of the application, considered the day when you have received all the necessary information.
17. If the applicant does not provide the additional information or discloses that the applicant provided false information, issuing a permit or licence, shall take a decision not to issue a permit or license.
18. Economic operator for a period of up to one year can get a license to all the territory of Latvia or a separate region of the country, where the Earth's depths are intended for use in the following way: 18.1. inženierģeoloģisk research class I structures, as well as hydrogeological, ģeoekoloģisk or ģeofizikāl for research;
18.2. the monitoring and observation systems.
19. the Agency referred to in paragraph 18 shall not be issued a license, if the merchant the previous licence period has not fulfilled the conditions laid down for him.
20. This provision of the license recipient referred to in paragraph 18 of the operating licenses before the work given in writing agreed with land owners for the right to use the land and subsoil of subsoils in the conditions of use in the cases specified in accordance with the work programme of the national environmental service.
21. the authorization or license has the following attachments: 21.1. conditions for the use of the subsoils;
21.2. the national environmental service matched the appropriate permission or license the use of the subsoils work programme, if a permit or licence issued to specific use;
21.3. the use of the subsoils for areas within the layout of the map or plan of the Latvian coordinate system LK-92, when the permit or license issued or mineral resources geological survey.
22. the authorization or license the use of the subsoils conditions shall include requirements to be met through the Earth, and set the limits.
23. in the annex, which includes use of the subsoils areas map or plan the placement of the Latvian coordinate system FAS 92:23.1. mineral deposits or prospecting area;
23.2. the recipient of the permit or licence or usage of the site;
23.3. the valid mining areas intended for the abstraction of the boundary description.
24. If a valid location or used fossil land deep within the nogabal two or more work permits or licences, those recipients within 90 days of the authorization or licence to conclude mutual collaboration (coordination) the Treaty of subsoils, and permit or licence must be submitted to the vendor. In this case, a new permit or license distribution offers existing licence or permit recipients a cooperation agreement project.
25. If existing or existing permits or license recipients refuse to conclude this rule referred to in paragraph 24 of the new agreement, permit or license recipient shall submit the authorization or license vendor evaluation the proposed agreement and the existing distribution of the refusal to conclude a contract.
26. the issuing of permits or licences: 26.1. sends the authorization or license recipients warning about the possibility to suspend the permit or licence issued in respect of the regulation on the use of the subsoils of default, if it is found that any of the permits or licences for the distribution do not unreasonably wants to conclude a cooperation agreement for the use of the subsoils;
26.2. can permit or license recipients to extend cooperation to the time of conclusion of the contract or license distribution to solve the dispute in court, if it is found that the cooperation agreement, the authorization or license recipients cannot be concluded for other reasons.
27. If the authorization or licence the recipient has fulfilled all of the regulatory environmental protection regulations and license requirements, he may request to increase or decrease the permit or licence in the prescribed area.
28. This provision of the 27 cases referred to in paragraph the authorisation or license recipient shall submit the authorization or license vendor application and the following documents: 28.1. Programme of work permits or licences in the area after its expansion or reduction;
28.2. where a permit or licence the recipient wants to expand the area of property rights on land, identity document or contract with land owners for the use of copies of the subsoils;
28.3. the governing environmental protection regulations and license conditions made the field the national environmental inspection of the service, copies of the acts.
29. the authorization or license to one land two or more uses of the subsoils may be issued if the different uses of the subsoils in accordance with the opinion of the Agency do not interfere with each other.
30. where, in accordance with the opinion of the Agency the new subsoils in any manner interfere with existing authorisation or license recipient make him the actions allowed, the application for the permit or licence the applicant must receive the existing authorisation or licence the recipient's consent.
31. where a permit or licence, the operator changes the firm received or reorganization, issuing a permit or license permission to re-register or licence to a new licence or licence the recipient's name after the receipt of such documents: 31.1. the merchant copy of the new certificate of registration;
31.2. the register of notaries public, a copy of the relevant decision, which contains the rights and obligations of the succession.
32. the authorization or license shall be issued in the following order: 32.1. authorization or license recipient: 32.1.1. physical person – Passport;
32.1.2. the representative of the legal entity – a document showing that the representative is authorized to receive the permit or licence on behalf of the legal person;
32.2. authorisation or license recipient presented documents confirming payment made for a permit or licence;
32.3. the permit or license issued by a permit or licence is recorded in the permit or licence in the journal in the journal, on paper or electronically;
32.4. one copy of the permit or licence issued to the permit or licence the recipient, the other kept at the issuing of the permit or licence.
33. If the authorization or license recipient not removed permission or license within 30 days after preparation of the permit or licence the maximum expiry of the authorization or licence is cancelled.
34. the local Government shall inform the national environmental guard for permits issued or withdrawn during the month following the authorization, or cancellation.
35. the Agency shall monthly inform the public about environmental services licences issued or withdrawn, and mineral deposits, as well as the Passport granted mining limits.
III. the use of geological information in the General Order 36. Subsoils of geological information obtained by users (except for mineral extraction) transfer of State Agency of geology Foundation, which provides geological information accumulation, storage and use in accordance with the relevant regulatory requirements.
37. the report on mineral extraction (annex 7) until the next calendar year January 15 subsoils user submitted national environmental service.
38. the use of the subsoils data collects in geological report if the authorization or license terms are not required to submit geological information in another form.
39. The geological report of: 39.1. part of the text, which describes the work undertaken and the methods used, collected works of the use of the subsoils of the resulting data, their analysis and conclusions;
24.4. graphic part: maps, graphs, and tables.
40. If the license condition of inadequate information, geological Agency requires 30 days (from the date of detection) to make the necessary corrections to the documentation submitted.
41. Mineral benefit shall inform the Agency: 41.1. the acceptance of the item, if they have lost a significant mining conditions or quality of those independent reasons, as well as if the acquisition time is revealed in new information about the geological mineral inventory;
41.2. the license or permission for the non-valid minerals, mineralization characteristics, hazardous substances, the palaeontological collection or archaeological finds that licence or permit revealed authorised work.
42. Can be general or limited availability of geological information.
43. Restricted access geological information is as follows: 43.1. inter-State, national authorities, economic operators and their foreign partners ' content and the results of the negotiations of national importance, mineral deposits of national importance and of nogabal use of the subsoils;
43.2. national mineral deposits of national importance, and the use of the subsoils nogabal strategy of geological-economic rationale and concepts;
43.3. national mineral deposits of national importance, and the nogabal of the subsoils geological or geophysical research materials, including pirmmateriāl and geological reports;
43.4. news about new geological work methods and technical means that is in development and approval, and is not protected by patent or copyright;
43.5. geological data whose disclosure could harm the economic interests of the owner;
27.1. natural or legal persons owned information, which restricts the use of geological exploitation conditions. This information is specifically highlighted, and the interested parties to receive only the information owner permission. If the interested party wishes to receive the geological information that is intended by its owner for a fee, the Agency shall notify the owner of the information, and is drawn up by a special agreement, which lays down the rules for transferring information, prices, commissions, and other conditions.
44. The limited availability of information status of the national geological information placed in the Fund provides: 44.1. a natural or legal person – information held by it in accordance with the provisions of paragraph at the time of 43.5 and five years after that transfer;
44.2. the Director of the Agency, in other cases.
45. This provision is 43.5. case in point geological information owner must submit to the Agency a reasoned application for restricted availability status in his possession to the existing geological information.
46. Natural or legal persons may be used: 46.1. State-owned limited availability of geological information – with the permission of the Director of the Agency;
46.2. natural and legal persons owned the limited availability of geological information – with the owner's permission.
IV. Fees and payment arrangements for licenses, permits and mineral deposits passport issuing 47. Charges for common mineral mining permissions, use the subsoils licenses and mineral deposits of the passports is defined in annex 8.
48. the amendments to the permit or licence, as well as extending distribution permits or licences, permits or licenses the recipient has to pay 50% of the provisions laid down in annex 8 fee.
49. the fees for permits, licenses and mineral deposits of the passports included: 30.5. local Government on the common mineral permits;
30.6. the Agency's budget, of mineral deposits for the Passport;
30.6. the State, in General, the use of the subsoils licenses.
V. concluding questions 50 to this provision to the date of entry into force: 50.1. issued permits and licences shall be valid until the end of the time limit laid down therein;
50.2. mineral deposits passports are valid until the expiry of the period specified therein, but not exceeding 10 years from the date of entry into force of the provisions.
51. the rules shall enter into force on 1 July 2005.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Environment Ministers in place, regional development and local Government Minister m. kučinskis Editorial Note: regulations shall enter into force by 1 July 2005.
1. the annex to Cabinet of Ministers on 21 June 2005 Regulation No 449 Single mineral requirements to categorize items according to the precise phonetic transcription prospecting category 1A or investigated mineral inventory (except ground water) meet the following requirements: 1.1. mineral inventory boundaries have been determined on the basis of regular research network deployed in the workings of the valid findings of strata and segkārt weight, composition and quality of the data, or obtained using other methods of prospecting, if they provide equivalent information to that information. Category a mineral inventory areas may be included in the outline, on the basis of the data obtained in the workings of extrapolation;
1.2. is set in fossil strata of valid morphology and structure, as well as the morphology of the strata and changes patterns;
1.3. mineral composition, characteristics and quality are explored in such a degree that it is possible to create mineral processing technological scheme;
1.4. mineral deposits hydrogeological and inženierģeoloģisk conditions established in such a degree that it is possible to create a project using it.
2. Category A or investigated groundwater shall meet the following requirements: 2.1. groundwater horizon iegulum the nature, structure, productive thickness, lithological composition, the filtering characteristics and water level mode, it changes and interact prospecting vērsum in the cut and the degree of study that allows reasonably evaluate the underground water used the horizon to water, as well as their food sources, and calculations of hidroģeoloģisko taken by robežapstākļ;
2.2. to characterize groundwater parameters are based on the exploitation of underground water deposits or long-term enough pilot data pumping. Must be evaluated for respective parameter changes the lookup field and cut;
2.3. the groundwater quality water use compliance requirements, as well as being a reasonable water quality stability and allowable concentrations of certain components of the changes in the life of the mine;
2.4. industrial and thermal waters and quality is explored in a grade that can create the component extraction technological scheme;
2.5. the underground water deposits exploitation characteristics are explored in a grade that can create projects on its use;
2.6. the groundwater shall be calculated on the actual and estimated operating drilling debut. Simple hydrogeological conditions, additional items can be calculated by operating drilling projected debut, extrapolating the findings in the area of deposits allowed by their reasoning. Calculation of inventory, account must be taken of the expected ūdensgūtņ the location and operation of the scheme bore design. Bore structure must provide the necessary amount of water extraction. What may be acceptable for the ūdensgūtn impact on the environment in the course of its life.
3. Category N or rated mineral inventory (except ground water) meet the following requirements: 3.1 mineral inventory boundaries based on the findings of separate workings, as well as with other geological and ģeofizikālo;
3.2. valid mineral deposits in the size, shape and structure assessment, based on geological and ģeofizikāl data, and valid izrakten are found in separate workings;
3.3. mineral quality and characteristics based on the individual results of the sample or assessed by analogy with the other explored deposits;
3.4. hydrogeological, inženierģeoloģisk and embedded in natural conditions evaluated when assessing by analogy with the closest available of the same mineral deposits.
4. N categories or rated groundwater shall meet the following requirements: 4.1 General water horizon lithological composition it, productive layer thickness, the filtering properties of the hydrogeological characteristics of the parameters and derived on the basis of a single drilling research data or by analogy with the existing detālāk in the vicinity of available or usable deposits;
4.2. groundwater quality and relevance to the purpose of use is based on some holes the removed sample analysis;
4.3. groundwater has been calculated on the basis of a single exploratory drilling data or by extrapolation, analogue hidroģeoloģisko circumstances around existing wells with the precise phonetic transcription researched in category A groundwater resources data.
5. P category or the estimated mineral resources (except ground water) meet the following requirements: 5.1. mineral deposits potential size, form, quantity and quality of stocks assessed, based on geological mapping, mineral search and other geological research, as well as extrapolating known deposits in the specifications or in the light of the good minerals identified the genesis of favourable geological conditions;
5.2. the mineral resources estimated by analogy with other the same genesis of explored fields or better informed.
6. P category or projected groundwater resources shall meet the following requirements: 6.1 water horizon characteristics, on the basis of the General hidroģeoloģiskaj of the area interrelations and theoretical assumptions, as well as to the limits of the territory concerned, make a hydrogeological, geophysical and hidroķīmisk the results of the research work;
6.2. groundwater resources are estimated using an analog water horizon operational experience acquired in the wells.
Environment Minister, regional development and local Government Minister m. kučinskis annex 2 Cabinet on 21 June 2005 Regulation No 449 Environment Minister, regional development and local Government Minister m. kučinskis annex 3 of the Cabinet of Ministers on 21 June 2005 Regulation No 449 Environment Minister, regional development and local Government Minister m. kučinskis annex 4 of the Cabinet of Ministers on 21 June 2005 Regulation No 449 Environment Minister, regional development and local Government Minister m. kučinskis annex 5 cabinet in 2005. 21 June-Regulation No 449 Environment Minister, regional development and local Government Minister m. kučinskis annex 6 of the Cabinet of Ministers on 21 June 2005 Regulation No 449 Environment Minister, regional development and local Government Minister m. kučinskis annex 7 Cabinet on 21 June 2005 Regulation No 449 Environment Minister, regional development and local Government Minister m. kučinskis Annex 8 of the Cabinet of Ministers on 21 June 2005 Regulation No 449 charges for common mineral mining permissions the use of the subsoils, licences and mineral deposits Passport no PO box
Use of the subsoils fee (ls) 1.
Geological, hydrogeological, inženierģeoloģisk, ģeoekoloģisk and ģeofizikāl research – for a period of up to five years, 75 2.
Geological, hydrogeological, inženierģeoloģisk, ģeoekoloģisk and ģeofizikāl study of geotechnical structures I category – for a period of up to one year, 100 3.
Geological exploration and subsequent mineral extraction 200 4.
Scientific research work of 50 5.
Professional training 25 6.
Monitoring system of subsoils and to carry up to five years 50 7.
Ģeoekoloģisk research and monitoring of the subsoils system – for a period of up to one year, 100 8.
Mineral extraction or valid properties of subsoils use 150 9.
The underground structures construction and operation, which are not related to the mineral extraction 200 10.
Recreation and tourism event management 100 11.
Material extraction, palaeontological and mineralogical geological collection building 50 12.
Drilling, repair, fitting and winding up 25 13.
Mineral deposits (building materials, peat, sapropel) passport, using the national geological materials of the Fund 150 14.
Mineral deposits (building materials, peat, sapropel) passport, using customer owned material 100 15.
Underground water deposits in the preparation of the Passport, if water consumption is up to 1000 m3 a day 280 16.
Underground water deposits Passport preparation, if water consumption exceeding 1000 m3 a day 280 and 140 for each additional 1000 m3 a day the next Environment Ministers in place, regional development and local Government Minister m. kučinskis
Search Translated Laws of Latvia