Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/113048
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 523 in Riga, July 19, 2005 (pr. No 42) are imported into the country or out of the dead man's body, transported, stored, bury or Krems from infectious diseases in the human body and of the deceased made mandatory pathological investigations to clarify the diagnosis after death of patient Issued in accordance with the laws of the epidemiological security of 29 i. General provisions 1 the questions determines the order in which they are imported or exported in Latvia from the dead person's body, transported, stored , bury or Krems from infectious diseases in the human body and of the deceased made mandatory pathological investigations to clarify the diagnosis after the death of the patient.
II. The dead man's body in the country of import and export from country to a deceased person's body brought in from another country, requires national competent authorities provided for the carriage of the body. If the country from which you imported the dead human body, do not have such institutions and it is not possible to get the body transport permits, required hospital treatment, or law enforcement authorities issued the certificate stating the cause of death. After the dead man's body transportation authorizations or certificates of death cause of sanitary border inspection officials of the examination confirm the body into the country with the signature and stamp of the consignment note.
3. to the dead person's body removed from Latvia require the body transport permits (annex), issued by the State Agency "public health agency" (hereinafter referred to as the public health agency).
4. If the deceased person's body leads from another country through Latvia in transit, the public health agency's permission, a deceased person's body transportation is required.
5. to get the dead man's body transportation permit for export from Latvia, the public health agency's branch to be submitted the following documents: 5.1 the application;
5.2. treatment services certificate of cause of death, which also causes of death according to the international code of diseases and the statistical classification of health problems (ICD — 10.), or a death certificate stating the cause of death and its code according to the international statistical and classification of health problems (ICD-10);
5.3. the death merchant statement that: 5.3.1. dead human body is placed in the coffin, according to paragraph 7 of these rules;
5.3.2. the coffin contains only a dead human body and personal things which bury or Krems in conjunction with it.
6. Dead man's body transportation permits filling the Latvian language and in one of the official languages of the Council of Europe, but the cause of death, as well as the Latvian record in English or French, or encrypt the Code referred to in this rule 5.2. bottom point.
7. to a dead human body or leaving Latvia imported from Latvia, place it in a hermetically sealed coffin, filled with liquid-absorbent material (sawdust, small dry wood shavings, peat). If necessary, the coffin is equipped with a special device that supports the internal air and coffins in the external air pressure balance and cleans exhaust air from the coffin. The wooden coffin required: 7.1 at least 20 mm thick walls if it puts salodēt zinc coffin or casket from another sairstoš material;
7.2. at least 30 mm thick walls, if from outside the cover with zinc salodēt (sairstoš material) plates.
8. The dead person's body authorised to import or export from Latvia Latvia by road, rail, air or water in the trans port, inserting the coffin the luggage compartment of the vehicle. The coffin placed in solid wooden box that does not resemble in shape the coffin, and represents the internationally recognized label of the packaging, which indicates that the goods should be treated with care.
9. public health agency does not issue permission to the dead man's body out of the country, in the event of non-compliance with the provisions of paragraphs 5 and 7.
III. From the infectious diseases of the dead person's body transportation, storage, burial or cremation of 10. If the man's cause of death is smallpox, cholera, plague, anthrax fever, viral haemorrhagic fevers (including Ebola vīrusslimīb, Lassa fever, Marburg, vīrusslimīb of Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever), severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) appeared in dangerous or contagious disease or if there is reasonable suspicion of a professional one, the public health agency's epidemiologists informs the body transportation, storage, burial or cremation and disinfection activities involved on epidemiological safety requirements including protective clothing and personal protection.
11. If a person's cause of death is a communicable disease that is not referred to in point 10 of these rules, for the precautionary measures (personal care), which should be followed when handling dead human body, inform the deceased family treatment.
12. If a person's cause of death is one of the provisions referred to in paragraph 10 communicable diseases or whether there is a reasonable suspicion of a professional one, the dead man's body into plastic bags and transferred to a sanitary transport on a national society with limited liability "the pathology Center".
13. Dead human body stores pathology department, morgue, the dead storage space or forensic expertise in body temperature not exceeding 6? C. 14. If there is doubt as to the cause of death, the deceased person's body for burial or cremation of the nationals returned after the laboratory test results, providing strict isolation and preservation of the body. If the laboratory results of the investigation confirmed that the cause of death is that rule 10 referred to the infectious diseases in the human body, the dead bury or Krems in accordance with the requirements of this regulation. If the laboratory results of the investigation does not confirm that rule 10 referred to infectious diseases, the dead man's body be returned to relatives for burial or cremation.
15. If the cause of death is that rule 10 referred to infectious diseases, the dead man's body wrapped with disinfectant-soaked sheets, put in a coffin and the coffin be disinfected from the outside. The dead man's body for burial or cremation shall be transported in a sealed coffin, secured against the opening.
16. If the cause of death is human smallpox, plague, anthrax fever, viral haemorrhagic fevers (including Ebola vīrusslimīb, Lassa fever, Marburg, vīrusslimīb of Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever), SARS or dangerous infectious disease appeared, the coffin with the deceased entered into the human body and it's bothering the rest of the content.
17. If a person's cause of death is cholera, rabies and other infectious diseases, other than those referred to in point 10 of these rules, the dead man's body to bury or Krems.
18. Dead man's body to bury or Krems in not earlier than 24 hours after death. If you have the body pathological investigations or judicial medical examination, this period may be shortened.
19. Dead human body cemeteries bury.
20. Expenditure on disinfectants and protective clothing, necessary or kremēj the dead buried in the human body, is to be covered from the State budget for this purpose, the financial resources allocated. The costs arising from medical institutions, shall be borne by the institution of the same treatment.
21. The body and the funeral expenses of the deceased nationals or other persons who willingly accepts this, but if not, the local government in whose territory is declared dead last place of residence, if other law does not provide otherwise. If the residence is not declared, the costs shall be borne by the municipality in whose territory the deceased found the fact of death or the deceased before death delivered medical institution.
IV. Of the infectious disease of the dead human body pathological investigations 22. If there is reasonable suspicion that the probable cause of death is a communicable disease, the body pathological investigation is mandatory.
23. From the infectious diseases of the dead human body anatomical pathologist investigates (excluding this provision in paragraph 12) only the hospital's pathology department, or medical institution, the use of personal protective equipment, according to the hospital's hygiene and pretepidēmisk treatment.
24. The tools, clothing and other items, which have been in contact with a dead human body, organs and tissues, biological fluids, disinfected.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Health Minister g. Smith Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 23 July 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia