Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/113826
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 575 Riga, 2 august 2005 (pr. 8. § 44) Government agencies ' patriotic guard ' Charter Issued in accordance with the law of public agencies 8. the third paragraph of article i. General question 1. Public Agency "patriotic guard ' (hereinafter referred to as the Agency) is the Defence Minister in the national monitoring authority, which provides State and local institutions as well as individuals information services national defence policy. The Minister overseeing the Agency is implemented by the Ministry of defence.
II. Agency functions, tasks and rights 2. the Agency shall have the following functions: 2.1 to inform the public on the Ministry of defence, the national armed forces and the Defense Ministry's subordinated institutions;
2.2. the issue of a military magazine "patriotic guard ';
2.3. promoting public support for NATO membership for Latvia;
2.4. informative ensure professionalisation of the armed forces;
2.5. cooperation with non-governmental organizations to implement the project in the field of the protection of this country.
3. in order to ensure the fulfilment of the functions, the Agency shall: 3.1 preparing materials for military journal "patriotic guard ' issue;
3.2. in accordance with the action plan for the year to prepare for the issue with the defence of methodological and information materials, as well as teaching literature;
3.3. at the Ministry of defence and national armed forces prepare to issue an order not elsewhere specified expenses-form, weapons accounting books;
3.4. the national armed forces, the Ministry of defence, as well as other authorities, establish and maintain a video footage and photos from the database in the field of the protection of the State;
3.5. promoting national armed forces professionalization;
3.6. provide information services to State and local authorities, as well as individuals;
3.7. provide public services in charge of national defence policy;
3.8. cooperate with foreign and international institutions and provide information (including photos and footage) on publishing in the field of the protection of the State.
4. the Agency shall have the following rights: 4.1 external laws and cases, to request and receive, free of charge from the State and municipal institutions, as well as from individuals for the functions and duties of the Agency required information;
4.2. the charge for public services provided.
III. structure and administration of the Agency 5. Agency headed by the Director of the Agency. The Agency's Director of law by public agency and the equipment of the public administration Act direct authorities managerial functions. The Director recruiting and dismissal of the Defense Minister.
6. the Director of the Agency can be alternates.
IV. the Agency's financial resources and assets 7. The Agency's financial resources comprise: 7.1 Government grants from the general revenue;
UR7.2.pa s revenue on public services;
7.3. donations and gifts;
7.4. foreign financial assistance.
8. the Agency with its possession passed to the Act public law agency in article 16.
V. activities of the Agency in ensuring the rule of law and reporting 9. The activities of the Agency are monitored by a public agency in accordance with the procedure prescribed by law.
10. the Agency's rule of law supports the Agency's Director.
11. The Agency's staff to succeed administrative or actual action may be challenged, submitting the application the Agency Director. The Director of the Agency shall be entitled to cancel the prettiesisko taken by agency staff decisions and succeed in the internal regulations.
12. The Director of the Agency issued the administrative act or actual action can be a challenge for the Ministry of Defense. The Ministry of defence decision may appeal to the Court.
13. the laws and regulations of the agency order draw up and submit to the Ministry of defence and a current annual report on the activities of the Agency and the use of financial resources.
VI. final question 14. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet of 31 august 2004, Regulation No 752 "national agencies" the patriotic guards "Charter" (Latvian journal, 2004, 140, 171 no).
Prime Minister a. Halloween Defense Minister e. Repše Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions by 5 august 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia