Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/115654
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 657 in Riga in 2005 (30 august. No. 49) hygiene requirements of minced meat and meat preparations for production and distribution were issued in accordance with the law of the food chain monitoring 8. the second paragraph of article i. General questions 1. determines the hygiene requirements of minced meat and meat preparations for production and distribution.
2. the terms used in the rules: 2.1. minced meat, meat in pieces of chopped or ground meat machine spiral;
UR2.2.ga-products — products derived from fresh meat or edible by-products and which by other foods, spices or additives to add or save the meat of the processing of the internal structure of the cell and fresh meat characteristics;
UR2.3.gar šviel – the salt intended for human consumption, mustard, spices and aromatic extracts, herbs and aromatic extracts of herbs.
3. the rules do not apply to: UR3.1.meh ānisk separated meat, intended for heat processed food company, who recognised in accordance with the laws and regulations on food Enterprise recognition and registration;
3.2. uncooked sausages and sausage meat production;
3.3. minced meat and meat preparations, prepared in retail shops or outlets to sell directly to consumers.
II. Hygiene requirements for the production of minced meat and 4. Minced meat produced from fresh bovine, porcine, ovine or caprine meat which: UR4.1.ieg only from healthy animals;
UR4.2.ieg dry food establishments which are recognised in accordance with the laws and regulations on food Enterprise recognition and registration procedures and included this provision in paragraph 41 on the list;
4.3. investigation under the laws and regulations concerning veterinary and hygiene requirements for slaughter animals, exercise and hygiene requirements of meat;
! UR4.4.mar legislation in accordance with the requirements for meat and meat product labelling;
4.5. packed in packaging that complies with the laws and regulations on minimum safety requirements for the materials and articles in contact with food;
4.6. stored and transported in accordance with the hygiene requirements for meat and meat products storage and transportation.
5. Minced meat produced from Striated Muscle except the heart muscle, and the natural in the context of the existing fat tissues according to the following regulations: 5.1. veterinary and hygiene requirements for slaughterhouses, the order in which animals are slaughtered, and the marketing of meat hygiene requirements;
5.2. the veterinary requirements of the bovine, ovine, caprine and porcine species, fresh meat and meat products imports from third countries;
5.3. the organisation of control on products entering the community from third countries;
UR5.4.par fresh pork for Trichinella examination and the presence of trichinae (Trichinella spiralis), where fresh meat of domestic swine imported from third countries.
6. Fresh meat produced from minced meat derived from fresh boned meat which has been stored after freezing according to laws and regulations on hygiene requirements for meat and meat products for storage and transportation.
7. Meat production used: UR7.1.atv ēsināt meat – not later than six days after the kautprodukt collection;
UR7.2.atv ēsināt, boned and vacuum or controlled atmosphere conditions, boxed beef or veal-not later than 15 days after the kautprodukt collection;
7.3. boned frozen meat: 7.3.1. beef or veal is stored not more than 18 months;
7.3.2. sheep meat stored for up to 12 months;
7.3.3. pork stored no more than six months.
8. Frozen pigmeat and sheepmeat boning immediately before mincing can, if, by doing this, these rules are being observed in specific hygiene requirements.
9. it is not permitted for the production of minced meat: 9.1. collection of the kautprodukt process for meat trimmings;
UR9.2.meh ānisk for boned meat;
9.3. the bovine, ovine, caprine, porcine head muscles (except external digestive muscles), white lines bezmuskuļ, karpāl, and tarsāl in the area and scrape the bones. The muscles of the diaphragm by serous isolation and external digestive muscles to be used only after examination of cysticercosis;
UR9.4.ga-containing bone particles.
10. Minced meat chilled or frozen not later than one hour after portioning and packaging according to the laws of quick-frozen foodstuffs.
11. paragraph 10 of these rules in time may be longer, if in some cases the meat during production, reasonable technological it add salt according to the hygiene requirements.
12. where minced meat accompanied by no more than 1% salt, the processing time may not exceed this provision set out in point 10.
13. in Malta, the internal temperature of the meat production process must not be more than + 7 ° C, and production space temperature must not be higher than + 12 ° C.
14. If meat production lasts more than an hour, then minced meat may be produced from meat with an internal temperature is reduced to a minimum of + 4 ° c.
15. minced meat cool in the shortest time possible, to an internal temperature below + 2 ° c.
16. to speed up the cooling process is allowed to add this provision referred to in paragraph 7.3 below requirements frozen meat. In that case, the production of minced meat, split portions, packaging and cooling should not exceed one hour. Indicate on the label information about present added frozen meat.
17. In the case of minced meat from this rule 7.1 and 7.2 of the meat referred to in point, packaged, stored and distributed: UR17.1.atv ēsināt with internal temperature below + 2 ° C; 17.2. frozen, with an internal temperature below-18 ° c.
18. Minced meat may be deep-frozen only once.
19. Minced meat may not be processed with ionizing radiation or ultra violet rays.
II. Hygiene requirements for the manufacture of meat and 20. Meat preparations are produced: 20.1.no distribution of fresh beef, swine, sheep, goats, rabbits, birds, farmed wild cloven-hoofed game, farmed game and wild game meat;
20.2.no minced meat, noting that rule 4, 5 and 7.
21. the meat has been frozen, meat production of products used: 21.1.ne later than 18 months after the slaughter of beef and veal;
21.2.ne later than 12 months after the sheep, goats, poultry, rabbits and farmed game animal slaughter;
21.3.ne later than six months after the slaughter of animals, other than those mentioned in this rule 21.1 and 21.2 in..
22. Minced meat products, other than uncooked sausages and sausage meat intended for the manufacture, distribute, if they produced from minced meat, subject to this provision if the requirements laid down in chapter II.
23. Frozen pigmeat and sheepmeat boning can just before cooking, the meat products if this activity is provided in the laws of hygiene requirements in the food chain.
24. the preparation of meat products after immediately packaged shipping units, eliminating any risk of contamination, and chilled or frozen as soon as possible.
25. Meat products distributed: ēsināt, UR25.1.atv, as soon as possible, providing the following: 25.1.1.ne the internal temperature of more than + 2 ° C, if they produced from minced meat;
25.1.2.ne more than + 7 ° C, if they manufactured from fresh meat;
25.1.3.ne more than + 7 ° C, if they produced from poultry meat;
25.1.4.ne more than + 3 ° C, if they contain in food by products used;
25.2. frozen, providing the internal temperature of not more than-18 ° c.
26. Meat preparations may be deep-frozen only once and be valid for a period not exceeding 18 months.
27. Meat preparations may not be processed with ionizing or ultraviolet radiation, except as provided in the laws on the use of ionizing radiation in the food chain.
IV. Minced meat and meat preparations necessary for distribution of documents 28. Minced meat and meat preparations for distribution requires the accompanying document drawn up by the manufacturer. 28.1. The accompanying document shall indicate: production company;
UR28.2.uz the number of hospitality structures;
28.3. for frozen minced meat-a clearly freezing month and year.
29. Transport minced meat, the accompanying document drawn up by the manufacturer to add this provision in annex 1 health certificate if: 29.1.to requires European Union Member States of destination, the competent authority;
29.2. minced meat transported to third countries;
3. minced meat is a region in which certain restrictions;
29.4. minced meat in a sealed truck transported to another Member State through a third country.
30. where minced meat to be sent to Finland or Sweden, the veterinary certificate shall specify one of these rules in point 4 of annex 1 "c" referred to in the instructions.
31. for the transport of meat products need this provision as set out in annex 2 of the veterinary certificate.
32. the beneficiary certificate shall be kept for not less than one year and upon first request presented to the food and veterinary service officer.
V. claim of minced meat and meat preparations production
33. the slaughterhouses and the cutting plants, in which the meat is minced meat and meat preparations comply with the production staff, premises, facilities and equipment hygiene requirements laid down in the legislation on veterinary and hygiene requirements for slaughterhouses and meat, as well as cutting, boning, slicing and packaging.
34. the head of the company or his authorized person in accordance with the legislation on hygiene requirements food chain within the measure of self-control: 34.1. all materials provided and stained and the suspicious parcel withdrawal and invalidation;
21.3. the methods of cleaning and disinfection;
3. sampling and laboratory examination accredited laboratory;
21.4. that rule 21.3. examination results carried out in storage for two years, but the chilled products – six months after the end of the period of storage of the product;
34.5. the health mark of the accuracy of the information provided;
21.5. The food and veterinary service in advance of the results of laboratory studies that suggest a threat to the health of consumers;
21.6. There is an immediate threat to the health of consumers, with a similar technology manufactured products withdrawn from the market, processing or disposal according to the regulations on the distribution of food for future use or disposal procedures.
35. The Chief Executive or his authorized representative shall ensure that the packaging of the product is a secondary reference, which contains the following information in a clearly legible: 21.8. storage and transport temperature;
35.2. storage of frozen products;
UR35.3.atv ēsināt product the minimum storage life.
36. Minced meat and meat preparations may be deep-frozen only: 36.1. production premises;
36.2. the independent production unit;
36.3. in accordance with the laws and regulations on food business registration procedures and approved cold.
37. Additives in minced meat and meat preparations may be added according to the regulations on minimum safety requirements for the use of food additives.
38. Minced meat and meat preparations, which will be distributed in the European Union's internal market, microbiological inspections are carried out every day.
39. Minced meat and meat preparations produced for distribution to the Latvian market, microbiological tests shall be carried out at least once a week.
40. Microbiological examinations carried out in accredited laboratories.
41. The food and veterinary service shall draw up the list of recognised food company, which produces output for distribution to Member States of the European Union, and the food companies that produce products for distribution in the local market of Latvia. A list of the companies that distributed the products in the Member States of the European Union, the food and veterinary service, send the other Member States of the European Union and the European Commission.
42. If the company complies with laws and regulations concerning veterinary requirements slaughterhouses, the arrangements for the disposal of the animals are slaughtered, and the meat of hygiene, hygiene requirements for cutting, boning, slicing, and packaging and production of meat products and is recognized in the minced meat or meat preparations, recognition certificate specifies the legislative requirements will fall and what products it is allowed to produce. Each independent production unit to grant separate approval number.
43. A single approval number may be assigned to a food-production undertaking: 43.1. producing meat preparations obtained from or with raw materials covered by more than one legislative requirements;
43.2. located in the same place where the company is approved in accordance with the requirements of this regulation.
44. If the whole company does not meet the requirements set out in these provisions of minced meat and meat preparations, but some of its production units comply with the legislation on veterinary requirements slaughterhouses, the arrangements for the disposal of the animals are slaughtered, and the meat of hygiene, hygiene requirements for cutting, boning, slicing, and packaging and for the manufacture of meat products certified to the requirements of the company, then the company may have common premises, equipment and staff for room that is not possible for raw materials or bulk finished products of contamination.
45. This provision, paragraph 44 production units record minced meat or meat preparations for the production of a list or in a separate section, if it is an independent production unit, a separate list created under the same requirements.
46. The food and veterinary service control: UR46.1.uz hospitality structures, producing minced meat for distribution to the European Union's internal market, at least once a day;
46.2. minced meat plant, which is located in a cutting plant – as often as the cutting plant;
46.3. other companies, depending on the capacity of the company, the type of products manufactured, and potential danger – the food and veterinary service Inspector on site permanently or periodically.
47. The food and veterinary service: 29.3. food company check: 47.1.1. cleanliness of premises and equipment, and staff hygiene;
UR47.1.2.uz hospitality structures in the self-control measures;
47.1.3. minced meat and meat preparations microbiological examination results;
47.1.4. minced meat and meat preparations the health mark of conformity;
47.1.5. storage and transport conditions;
29.3. taking all the necessary laboratory testing of samples of the results of the self-monitoring control.
48. A business owner or his authorised representative ensures food and veterinary service officer free access to premises, equipment and books.
49. in order to verify the origin of meat, by the food and veterinary service officer's request, the business owner or his authorised representative shall issue: 30.5. documents which make it possible to trace the origin of the raw materials;
30.6. microbiological examination results;
50. The food and veterinary service officer test results, conclusions and recommendations in the report, which records the present company owner or authorized person.
51. The food and veterinary service expert verification can help the veterinarian's Assistant.
52. the company Manager or his authorised representative shall ensure staff training according to the laws and regulations on the food chain of the persons employed in training volume and frequency depending on the employee's qualifications.
53. when products from another Member State of the European Union, the food and veterinary service carries out controls under the laws and regulations concerning veterinary requirements and procedures for the control and monitoring of products of animal origin trade with Member States of the European Union.
Vi. Special conditions for the production of minced meat 54. If a company produces, minced meat in addition to the provisions set out in paragraph 33 of the premises and facilities of the machine: a space UR54.1.no meat mincing and wrapping that contains a recording thermometer or recording telethermometer;
54.3. room or cupboard for storing salt;
54.4. refrigeration equipment, which is able to maintain a set temperature in these provisions.
55. The food and veterinary service may allow the edge of the meat in the cutting room, where milling takes place in specific, clearly separate area.
56. Staff minced meat prepared by hand, provide with a nose and mouth mask, as well as with the smooth, watertight or single-use gloves to clean and disinfect.
VII. Special conditions for the production of minced meat and meat preparations 57 establishments in addition to the provisions of paragraph 33 of these requirements for the manufacture of meat products ensure: the cutting room 57.1.no separate space for the production of meat preparations, the addition of other foodstuffs and wrapping, which is a thermo-meter or recording telethermometer;
57.2.no the slaughter room clearly separated room that adds spice to the whole poultry carcasses;
57.3. packing space, except when used for packaging easily washable, corrosion-resistant containers, which before the introduction of the minced meat or meat products and packaging space is clean, washed and disinfected;
57.4. premises of spices and other prepared food storage;
57.5. chilling or freezing a separate area for the storage of fresh meat;
57.6. some chilling or refrigerating rooms, minced meat or meat preparations for storage;
57.7. refrigeration temperature specified in these provisions.
58. food and veterinary service may allow to produce meat products in the cutting room, where the production takes place in a special area that is clearly separate.
59. Staff in meat products prepared by hand, provide with a nose and mouth mask, as well as with the smooth, watertight or single-use gloves to clean and disinfect.
60. Mechanically recovered meat may be distributed if it is cooked according to the laws and regulations on food companies and registration procedures of recognition of a recognised food business, in which it is obtained, and it is intended for use only in the thermal processing of meat products production enterprises.
VIII. Closing question 61. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet of Ministers of 13 February 2001, Regulation No 68 "hygiene requirements of minced meat and meat preparations for production and distribution" (Latvian journal, 2001, no. 27).
Informative reference to European Union Directive provisions included in the law arising from the European Council of 14 December 1994, Directive 94/65/EC, which lays down the requirements for the minced meat and meat preparations the production and the placing on the market.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Minister of Agriculture m. Roze Editorial Note: regulations shall enter into force by September 3, 2005.
1. the annex to Cabinet of Ministers of 30 august 2005, regulations No 657 farming Minister m. rose annex 2 Cabinet of 30 august 2005, regulations No 657 farming Minister m. rose
Search Translated Laws of Latvia