Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/117270
Specified, the Latvian journal 06.01.2006. Nr. 4 (3372) Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 716 in 2005 (September 20. No 53 21) inspection of road transport regulations Issued pursuant to the public administration Act, article 16 of the equipment the first part i. General question 1. Road transport inspection (inspection) is a traffic monitoring in the Minister's direct authority, which shall carry out the supervision and control of road transport in the country. Inspection established by the national Government in the field of road transport and regulatory laws to ensure compliance with the carriage of Latvia and the Republic of Latvia the binding legislative requirements.
II. Inspection functions, tasks and rights 2. inspections shall have the following functions: 2.1 to ensure control of road transport on the road and in undertakings;
2.2. identify with control of road transport related problems, to prepare proposals for improving the effectiveness of control and submit them to the Ministry of transport;
2.3. to make proposals to improve the laws and control of road transport;
2.4. provide advice, recommendations, and other assistance to institutions concerned with the control of specific transport-related problems, to participate in working groups and conferences;
2.5. in interact with State, local, foreign and international institutions, as well as to ensure information exchange inspection activities;
2.6. to participate in international cooperation projects improving the control of road transport;
2.7. ensure State budget funding allocated to targeted and effective;
2.8. other areas of road transport regulations governing certain functions.
3. in order to carry out certain functions, according to the competence of the Inspectorate performs the following tasks: 3.1 controls and operations of commercial rules;
3.2. Control passenger provisions (regular and non-regular international and long distance transport);
3.3. control of international transport agreements, compliance with the requirements;
3.4. controlling the transport of dangerous goods regulations;
3.5. control of loading and securing of the deployment provisions;
3.6. control the actual mass of the vehicle, the axis of the loads and dimensions;
3.7. the control of driving and rest periods for drivers and the registration rules of the device;
3.8. provide administrative infringement proceedings;
3.9. organise training of inspectors;
3.10. other road transport control tasks.
4. in order to carry out certain tasks, the Inspectorate has the following rights: regulations 4.1, following the request of the individuals tasks necessary information;
4.2. to enter into contracts for the provision of inspection activities;
4.3. implementation of other areas of road transport laws regulating specific rights.
III. rights and duties of inspectors 5. inspection the inspectors have the following rights: 5.1 require individuals to meet their legislative requirements that are associated with the inspection function;
5.2. According to competence to stop and to supervise passenger and freight road transport monitoring;
5.3. According to competence to draw up protocols on administrative violations.
6. The inspectors discovering violations, have the obligation to assess the situation and determine the nature of the infringement, as well as to take the decision to stop the unlawful actions (omission).
IV. Inspection structure and administration 7. inspection shall be led by the leader of the inspection.
8. The inspection Manager performs the installation of Public Administration Act direct authorities managerial functions.
9. the head of Inspection inspection consists of the internal organisational structure.
V. inspection activity ensuring the rule of law and reporting Inspection activities 10. the rule of law provide the head of the inspection. Inspection Manager is responsible for the Authority's internal control and management decisions for the creation and operation of the system.
11. the inspector issued administrative provisions and actual action may be challenged, by the head of the inspection application.
12. inspection leader to succeed administrative provisions and actual action may be challenged, but the Ministry of Transport Ministry of transport's decision can be appealed in court.
13. the head of the inspection not less than annually submitted to the Transport Ministers to review and analysis of inspection functions, and the use of financial resources.
14. traffic Minister has the right at any time to request a review of the inspection tasks, as well as on the activities of the Inspectorate.
VI. final question 15. Regulations shall enter into force by 1 January 2006.
Prime Minister a. Halloween traffic Minister a. shlesers Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on January 1, 2006.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia