Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/120647
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 827 in Riga in 2005 (November 1. No 63 26. §) prison administration regulations Issued pursuant to the public administration Act, article 16 of the equipment the first part i. General questions 1. Prison Administration (hereinafter the Board) is the Minister of Justice under the supervision of an existing direct regulatory authority.
2. the aim of Government is to implement the national policy of detention as a security feature and imprisonment as a criminal enforcement.
II. Administrative functions, tasks and responsibilities 3. Administrative functions is as a preventive detention and imprisonment as a criminal enforcement.
4. in order to ensure that those rules are referred to in paragraph 3 functions: 4.1 take prison guards;
4.2. monitor and ensure inmates certain behavioural norms and rights as well as obligations;
4.3. provides the statutory municipal and communal services for prisoners;
4.4. provide medical care for prisoners;
4.5. organise prisoner mental care and upbringing;
4.6. ensure regulatory staff rights and obligations, as well as legal protection activities and social guarantees;
4.7 administration staff provides professional guidance and professional development education.
5. the authority in accordance with the competency: 5.1 prepare a national programme of investment and other projects, as well as contribute to the interests of Government related public investment program implementation;
5.2. According to competency provided proposals on the necessary legislation and participates in the project concerned;
5.3. works closely with State and local authorities, non-governmental organizations on issues related to the provision of detention and deprivation of liberty;
5.4. cooperate with foreign and international institutions on issues related to custody and custodial sentence enforcement, analyzes Latvia and other experiences these issues;
5.5. participates in the international treaty in the preparation and execution of the project;
5.6. provides the media with information on regulatory activities.
III. Management structure and composition of government officials in 6 is the central apparatus, prisons and training center.
7. the administration shall be headed by a Chief of Government. Regulatory approval of the nomination of the Chief at the Cabinet of Ministers is appointed and released from Office by the Minister of Justice.
8. the Government Commissioner shall Government equipment Act direct authorities managerial functions as well: without special authorisation 8.1 representative Government;
8.2. establish a management operation and development strategy;
8.3. determine the positions for which duties are carried out with the gun armed services of the specialized national civil servants;
8.4. appropriate competency granted special ranks;
8.5. no disciplinary action has been imposed and rewards employees in accordance with the legislation.
9. the Chief of Government establish a management structure and organisation of work.
10. Training centres and prisons, according to the rules laid down in the regulatory competence has the right to do business and have a budget account to the Treasury.
IV. Actions ensuring the rule of law and reporting 11. rule of law provides the regulatory activities of the boss. The Chief of Government is responsible for the management decisions of the officials for the creation and operation of the system.
12. the Administration is entitled to cancel the Chief regulatory officer decisions and succeed in the internal regulations.
13. the Chief of Administration shall take a decision on the individuals officials issued the contested administrative act or the actual administrative action if external laws and regulations unless otherwise specified. Management decisions may be appealed to the superior court.
14. the Chief of Administration to succeed administrative provisions and the actual conduct of the person may be referred to the Ministry of Justice. The Justice Ministry's decision can be appealed in court.
15. The Board once a year or at the request of the Ministry of justice review of the regulatory functions and the use of budget resources, as well as the laws and regulations established shall prepare an annual public report.
V. closing question 16. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet of 15 July 2003 Regulation No 395 "prison management regulations" (Latvian journal, 2003, no. 106).
Prime Minister a. Halloween Justice Minister s. Āboltiņ Note: the wording of the entry into force of the provisions to 5 November 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia