Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/123849
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 947 in Riga in 2005 (on 13 December. No 74 38) welfare requirements for keeping of live fish and killing for food companies to retail sites Issued under the Animal protection law article 10 (1) of rule 1 defines the welfare requirements of live fish (fish) for holding and killing for food business retail location (hereinafter referred to as the retail site) from the moment of arrival until their sale to the consumer.
2. the requirements are monitored and controlled by the food and veterinary service (hereinafter service).
3. fish may be kept and kill retail location that meets the requirements of this regulation and is registered in the service regulations on food business recognition and registration.
4. the adoption of retail Fish instead of going outside and minimising the amount of time you need to move it from vehicle to the fish holding tank. The temperature of the water in the vehicle and tank retail location must not differ by more than 3 ° c.
5. Fish are allowed to hold retail sites for no more than five days after the delivery. The CARP family fish in retail outlets may be kept for no longer than seven days. Unsold fish at the end of the period of realisation are killed and sold as chilled or treated for fishing products.
6. Retail location fish provides: 6.1. specially equipped holding tank: 6.1.1. with caurtekoš and aerēt water;
6.1.2. with one transparent (transparent) side surface. The other side of the surface are not transparent (transparent);
6.2. the keeping of appropriate to the species.
7. fish retail location there in accordance with this provision the requirements referred to in the annex, but those fish species that is not listed in the annex, in accordance with the supplier's written information about the holding and killing of fish, as long as it does not conflict with the requirements of this regulation.
8. one holding tank is allowed to hold the fish, which have the same retention requirements. If the holding tank insert fish farming requirements vary, the overall density of the fish in the tank may not exceed 30kg/m3.
9. one holding tank is not allowed to keep fish from various arrival.
10. If fish are kept in a tank where the water temperature exceeds 8 ° C, fish food, start from the second day of the holding. If fish are kept in a tank where the water temperature is from 2 ° C to 8 ° C, they may not food.
11. fish retail sites banned: 11.1. sell not killed;
11.2. the kill buyer seeing;
11.3. to treat with medication;
11.4. atzvīņ or otherwise injured.
12. Fish stunning and killing methods, which are used to cause immediate and irreversible loss of consciousness and death.
13. fish stunned the motor with a hammer, kontuzēj to the brain.
14. After stunning, when the lost reflexes (eye movements and breathing) and over body movements, fish kills, before it regained consciousness.
15. fish kills motor with metal stilet, kontuzēj the cerebrum or removing the head.
16. the retail location is developed of stunning and killing of fish instructions, taking into account the specific retail location for fish stunning and killing methods.
17. the retail location: 17.1. approves of the fish responsible person (hereinafter person responsible);
17.2. the designated place be killing fish.
18. Responsible person: 18.1. at least once a day, check the holding tank and assess fish health and welfare;
18.2. from the holding tank immediately removed died fish and destroys it;
18.3. before issuing a consumer fish kills;
18.4. the European Parliament and of the Council of 3 October 2002 Regulation (EC) No 1774/2002 laying down health rules concerning animal by-products not intended for human consumption shall be destroyed during transport and keeping died fish but damaged fish kills, to sell as a cool fishing products.
19. Responsible person systematically: 19.1. record keeping the tank placed in the place of origin of fish (saimn-ing), number of fish, weight, adding date and density;
19.2. the accounts of the dead and the number of fish destroyed;
19.3. the control of water quality indicators;
19.4. record information about holding tanks release from fish (date), washing and disinfecting.
20. This provision of the information referred to in paragraph 19 of the retail site stores one year and shall, on request, be produced to the Inspector of the service.
21. The merchant whose retail location is registered service to this provision into force until 1 March 2006 submitted application for the service changes in the registration certificate.
22. the regulations shall enter into force by 1 January 2006.
Prime Minister a. Halloween instead of Agriculture Minister-Minister of welfare (D). the Editorial Note: Staķ rules shall enter into force on January 1, 2006.
Annex to the Cabinet of Ministers of 13 December 2005, regulations no 947 fish keeping requirements for food business retail sites no PO box
Fish species of oxygen content in the water (minimum and maximum O2 mg/l) maximum density (kg/m3) permissible water temperature (° C) 1.
CARP-3 to 100 minimum 2-18 2.
Big, Amur, minimum-5 70-100 5-18 3.
Stores the minimum-3 30-40 5-18 4.
Trout minimum-5 25-30 5:18 5.
Tench minimum-3 to 100 2-18 6.
Pike 70-100 3-5 2-18 7.
Eel 2-5 70-100 2-18.
Sami 3-5 70-100 2-18.
Bream on a minimum-5 50-80 2-18 in place of the Minister of Agriculture, Welfare Minister d.-Staķ
Search Translated Laws of Latvia