Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/124381
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 973 of 2005 in Riga on December 20 (pr. 76. § 54) aviation accident and incident investigation Bureau rules Issued in accordance with the law of public administration facilities 16. the first paragraph of article i. General questions 1. Aviation accident and incident investigation office (hereinafter the Office) is a traffic monitoring in the Minister's direct authority.
2. the activities of the Office aimed at public administration function, the implementation of the aviation accident and incident investigation. The activities of the Office has no legal consequences for third parties.
II. the Office's functions, tasks and responsibilities of the Office 3 functions: 3.1 to investigate aviation accidents and incidents and to analyze their causes;
3.2. to report to the Ministry of transport on the territory of the Republic of Latvia and other countries taking aviation accidents and incidents;
3.3. to notify the interested national aviation authorities, individuals and international civil aviation Organization (ICAO) on the territory of the Republic of Latvia to the spate of air accidents and serious incidents, as well as the initiation of an investigation.
4. in order to ensure the fulfilment of the Office function: 4.1 prepare the aviation accidents and incidents in the final report and develop suggestions for similar aviation accidents and the prevention of future incidents;
4.2. ensure permanent readiness Office's investigators (24 hrs) for departure to the aviation accident site;
4.3. recorded in the Republic of Latvia relating to aviation accidents and incidents;
4.4. the codified and stored information about all civil aviation accidents and incidents involving the Republic of Latvia, the Civil aircraft register registered aircraft;
4.5. send developed aviation accidents and serious incidents prevention recommendations to the Civil Aviation Administration of the Republic of Latvia and aircraft operators;
4.6. According to competence, cooperate with international organizations and other institutions that investigate aviation accidents and incidents;
4.7. appropriate competency contracts with other national aviation authorities concerned;
4.8. the State provides budget funding allocated to targeted and effective;
4.9. According to the competence participates in drafting laws and opinions of the other institutions the law drawn up projects.
5. in order to carry out certain tasks, the Office has the right to attract aviation accident and incident investigation, other professionals, as well as to request and receive from legal and physical persons the information necessary for investigation and documentation.
III. the Office's structure and governance 6. The work of the Office of the Director of wired-investigator (hereinafter referred to as the Office of the Director). After the nomination of Directors the approval of the Cabinet of Ministers is appointed and released from Office by the Minister of transport.
7. The Director of the State administration of machine fulfil the Act direct authorities managerial functions.
8. The Director of the Office in the absence of his duties the Deputy Director.
9. The Director of the Office of the Interior creates the organisational structure.
IV. Overview of the functions and State budget spending of 10. Director of no less than annually submit to the Minister a report on the traffic Office functions and State budget funds.
11. traffic Minister has the right at any time to request reports on the State budget funds and information on the performance of the functions of the Office.
V. activities of the Office of rule of law provision 12. The Director of the Office's activities ensure the rule of law. The Director of the Office shall have the right to cancel decisions of officials of the Bureau and internal regulations.
13. The Director of the Office shall take a decision on the contested individual officials and employees of the Office of the actual action. The Director of the decision can be appealed against in court.
14. the Office of the Director of the administrative provisions and actual action may be challenged, but the Ministry of Transport Ministry of transport's decision can be appealed in court.
VI. final question 15. Regulations shall enter into force by 1 January 2006.
Prime Minister a. Halloween traffic Minister a. shlesers Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on January 1, 2006.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia