Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/125289
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 9 of 2006 in Riga in January (pr 3. 1. § 16) General and vocational education licensing Issued under the Education Act, art. 14, para. 11, and the General Education Act, article 4, paragraph 1, rule 1 shall determine the procedures for the authorization of general education, vocational education, vocational education, secondary education, vocational education, professional development and professional continuing education programs (educational program).
2. to obtain the license for the implementation of the programme of education, the educational institution shall submit to the Ministry of education and science.
3. the application shall specify: 3.1 educational institutions;
3.2. the education authorities and education institutions founder of legal status;
3.3. the education authorities the legal address and phone number;
3.4. the educational authorities of the registration certificate number;
3.5. educational program code according to the Latvian education class cations;
3.6. education programs;
3.7. implementing education programmes site address;
3.8. the education authorities the driver's name and last name;
3.9. the person's name and job title, education authority which authorised the sort with licensing.
4. to receive the license of professional education for the implementation of the programme, in addition to the provisions referred to in paragraph 3, the information specified in the application: 4.1 education programs;
4.2. the qualifications according to the professions or education sub name;
4.3. the education programme's duration or size.
5. the application shall be accompanied by the following documents: 5.1. educational program, developed under the Education Act;
5.2. the education authority for the education programs needed to implement a space and logistic support;
5.3. the opinion of the professional associations for education programs labour market requirements, professional education, vocational education, vocational secondary education and vocational training programmes, if the profession is not in the professions.
6. Vocational training programmes need reconciliation: 6.1. music, art and culture, Ministry of culture;
6.2. in health care – with the Ministry of health;
6.3. education programmes, after which the learning and qualification test must be issued security activities specified in the law on the security certificate – with the national police;
6.4. the vocational training program in fire protection, fire-fighting and civil protection – the State fire and rescue service;
6.5. the vocational training programme for border security with national guard;
6.6. the vocational training programmes in maritime – Seafarers of a record;
6.7. the vocational training programme for the construction of agriculture, mežsaimn, fisheries and food production areas – with the Ministry of agriculture.
7. A decision on the issue, refusal to issue a licence or the cancellation of the licence, shall adopt the General educational program Licensing Commission or vocational training program in the Licensing Commission (hereinafter the Commission).
8. the Commission shall be established by the Minister of education and science order and include the Ministry of education and science and its subordinated institutions. Vocational training programme, the Commission shall also include the licensing of the Ministry of culture, Ministry of welfare, the Ministry of transport, Ministry of health and Ministry of agriculture. Under the education program of the Commission of experts call self-government and representatives of professional bodies.
9. the work of the Commission chaired by the Minister of education and science appointed the Chairman of the Commission. The President's education and Science Ministry official. The Commission shall be valid if the meeting participate in no less than half of its members. Commission meetings are open to the public. The decision of the meeting shall be taken by a simple majority. If the vote is tied, the Chairman shall have a casting vote. The minutes of the proceedings of the Commission, signed by all the members of the Commission.
10. If the licence documents submitted is not sufficient to decide the issue terms, the Commission is entitled to request additional information. Within five working days after the meeting of the Education Commission, the authority shall send a notice requesting the required information or documents. 10darbdien education authority of the receipt of the notification, submit additional information or documents.
11. At the request of the Commission of National Education Inspectorate 10darbdien following receipt of the opinion of the education body in the field of education identified the regulatory legislation.
12. A decision on the issue, refusal to issue a licence or the cancellation of a licence shall be adopted by the Commission during the month following the submission of education institutions and the rules of the document referred to in paragraph 5. If the question requires consideration of the rules referred to in paragraph 10 of the additional information or these rules referred to in paragraph 11 of the State Education inspection, the Commission shall adopt a decision within two months.
13. the decision on the issue, refusal to issue a licence or the cancellation of the licence shall be signed by the President of the Commission. Decision shall enter into force on the day of its adoption.
14. the licence shall be issued for the following period: 14.1. development programs-for six years, or three years – if the educational institution is not accredited;
14.2. preschool educational institutions of education programmes – implemented to 10;
14.3. the rest of this provision in paragraph 1 above, to the EU programmes or for five years – if the educational institution is not accredited.
15. not later than three months before the license expiration date educational institution shall submit to the Commission on the application and these terms (5) the documents mentioned in the extension of the term of validity of the licence (licensing of education programs).
16. The Commission is entitled to adopt a decision on the refusal to issue a licence in the following cases: 16.1 the documents submitted did not meet the education laws and the regulatory requirements;
16.2. the educational facilities do not meet the logistical and not enough times in the early stage of the implementation of the programme of education;
16.3. the actual conditions provided inadequate information;
16.4. the educational activities of the authority a year earlier found in the field of education the regulatory law violations, and it does not take the measures envisaged to prevent the infringement.
17. If a decision is taken on the refusal to issue a license, the education authority application for licence of a relevant education for the implementation of the programme repeatedly may be submitted not earlier than three months after the adoption of the relevant decision.
18. the Commission, in accordance with the decision issued by the Commission and signed by the Chairman of the vocational training program license (annex 1) or general education program license (annex 2).
19. If the documents which were the basis for the licence is amended, the education authority not later than one month after the amendment concerned is obliged to notify in writing to the Commission. The Commission, after examination of the amendments, if necessary, issue a new license. When you receive a new license in accordance with the procedure laid down in these provisions, the educational institution shall submit to the Commission previously issued license (original).
20. The Commission is entitled to adopt a decision on the withdrawal of the licence in the following cases: 20.1. false or misleading news;
20.2. educational institution within one year of receiving a licence has not launched a licensed education programs;
20.3. the educational program or an educational institution is not accredited (if accreditation is required in accordance with the regulations);
20.4. the activities of the educational institution or licensed education programs are found in the implementation of the legislation specified in violation of the State fire and rescue service, the State Agency "public health agency, the State labour inspection or national inspection of education legislation by the competent authorities referred to the checks carried out educational institution.
21. the licensing costs borne by the Ministry of education and science of the State budget allocated to the funds.
22. The provisions referred to in paragraph 12 of the Commission's decision may be challenged in the Ministry of education and science in the month following the entry into force of the decision.
23. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet of 31 august 2004, Regulation No 757 "General and professional education program licensing" (Latvian journal, 2004, nr. 140).
Prime Minister a. Halloween, Minister of education and Science (I). Druviet is the Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on the January 7, 2006.
1. the annex to Cabinet of 3 January 2006 the provisions of no. 9, Minister of education and Science (I). Druviet annex 2 Cabinet of 3 January 2006 the provisions of no. 9, Minister of education and science Druviet of I.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia