Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/125682
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 1047 in Riga in 2005 (27 December. 77 30. §) rules on non-road mobile machinery powered by an internal combustion engine of pollutant emissions in the air were issued in accordance with the law "on conformity assessment" and article 7 of the law "on pollution" in article 11 paragraph 5, second subparagraph, and paragraph 10 i. General questions 1. establishes the essential requirements and the procedure for monitoring the road mobile machinery not provided for an internal combustion engine, as well as rail and river traffic to use an internal combustion engine of pollutant emissions into the air This engine type-approval procedures and market surveillance.
2. the rules shall have the following terms: 2.1 mobile technique-any mobile machine, transportable industrial equipment or vehicle with or without bodywork that is not intended for the carriage of passengers or goods by road, and in which are installed in the internal combustion engine, according to this provision, paragraph 3 and 4;
2.2. type-approval procedure, certifying that the internal combustion engine type or engine family of gaseous and particulate pollutants from the engine comply with these regulations the technical requirements;
2.3. type of engine-engine category, to which the essential characteristics of the engine-no different from the provisions of annex 2, paragraph 2 (the essential characteristics of the parent engine);
2.4. "engine family-a collection of engines, given the design of the expected similar exhaust emission characteristics and which comply with the requirements of this regulation;
2.5. "parent engine (engine prototype) – motors, selected from an engine family pursuant to the provisions of annex 1 to Chapter 5 and 6;
2.6. engine power-efficient power provided under this provision at the bottom paragraph 2.28.;
2.7. the date of manufacture of the engine-the date when the engine of the last test after the removal of the production lines and the engine is ready to be sent or in the warehouse;
2.8. the manufacturer-the natural or legal person responsible for the conformity assessment process of the engine and on the conformity of production requirements (also if this person is directly involved in all stages of manufacture of the engine);
UR2.9.dal Member-a Member State of the European Union or the European economic area;
2.10. technical service: testing and calibration laboratories that conduct tests or inspection certificate authority. This function may also be carried out even in the certification body;
2.11. the information document-form set out in annex 2 of this provision and to determine what information the applicant shall indicate in the application;
2.12. information folder – the folder with data, drawings, photographs, which the applicant shall submit to the technical service or certification body according to the information in the document;
2.13. information package – the information folder plus any test reports or other documents that, in carrying out its tasks, the information folder accompanied by the technical service or the certificate authority;
2.14. the index to the information package, the document setting out the contents of the information package, suitably numbered or otherwise marked to clearly identify all pages;
2.15. aizstājējmotor-new engine made the car engine replacement and delivered for this purpose only;
2.16. the portable engine-an engine that meets at least one of the following criteria: 2.16.1. the engine is installed in the machine, which you carried throughout the performance of its intended function (s);
2.16.2. the engine is installed in the equipment, which is its intended function used in positions, such as reversed or parked on the side;
2.16.3. the engine is installed in the machine with the weight of the engine and the oil does not exceed 20 kg and at least one of the following attributes: 220.127.116.11. user support or carry the equipment throughout the performance of its intended function (s);
18.104.22.168. user support or equipment in a certain position runs throughout the performance of its intended function (s);
22.214.171.124. engine uses generator or pump;
2.17. the portable engine-an engine that does not meet the criteria of the engine of a portable;
2.18. daudzpozīcij portable engine for professional use – a portable engine, conforming to the rules in paragraph 2.16.1. and 2.16.2. the criteria and for which the manufacturer certificate authority to certify that the engine covers category 3 emissions durability period (this provision 4.4. Chapter 2 of the annex);
2.19. Emission durability period-this provision 4.4. number of hours set out in the annex used the DF;
2.20. small volume engine family – spark (also-SI) engine family with a total production volume not exceeding 5000 units a year;
2.21. the small spark ignition engines of series producer, a producer with a total production of fewer than 25000 units a year;
UR2.22.iek šēj waterway vessel: a vessel intended for use on inland waters and is 20 m in length and over, the volume – 100 m3 and more volume (calculated using this provision referred 2.33 formula), or a tug, pusher, or built to tow, push or move the vessels with a length of 20 m or more, except for: 2.22.1. vessels intended for the carriage of passengers and crew in addition to carry no more than 12 people;
2.22.2. recreational craft with a length of less than 24metr;
2.22.3. public service employed in ships (also fire-service vessels and naval vessels);
2.22.4. fishing vessels registered in the EU fishing fleet register.
2.22.5. seagoing vessels, tugs and sea stūmējvelkoņ operating in tidal waters or temporarily on inland waterways, if they have a valid ship's certificate in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 2.34.;
2.23. "original equipment manufacturer-specific type of mobile equipment manufacturer;
2.24. the flexibility of the system – a procedure between two consecutive periods of application of the limit values allows the engine manufacturer in limited quantities on the market in mobile technology for on-site combustion engine, which is only above the šēj period with the emission limit values laid down;
2.25. "compression ignition (hereinafter also – that) engine-an engine that operates on the basis of the compression-ignition principle (e.g. diesel engine);
2.26. gaseous pollutants, gaseous pollutants: carbon monoxide, hydrogen in coal (assuming a ratio of C1: H1.85) and oxides of nitrogen, which is expressed as the equivalent of nitrogen dioxide (NO2);
2.27. particulate matter – any material collected on a special filter after compression ignition engine exhaust gas is diluted with clean filtered air so that the temperature does not exceed 325 K (52 ° C);
2.28. efficient power-power (kW) derived test bench for the crankshaft or its equivalent, as determined by the road to be used in the internal combustion engine power shall not be taken into account only the engine cooling fan power (engine cooling fan must not be installed by checking the power of the engine, the manufacturer carries out the test with the engine installed in the fan, the fan, the power absorbed shall be added to the measured power, except for cooling fans of air cooled engines that are directly mounted to the crankshaft, this provision of the annex 7 paragraph 3), subject to these rules, under certain test conditions and reference fuel requirements;
2.29. rated speed compression-ignition engines, the maximum speed is limited by regulators with a full load, given by the manufacturer;
2.30. the load percentages, the maximum available torque at an engine part rotation speed;
2.31. spin speed maximum torque, the engine speed at which the engine produced maximum torque produced by the manufacturer;
2.32. intermediate:-the engine speed which meets one of the following criteria: engine, 2.32.1 with variable rotation speed designed to operate with the maximum load, the intermediate speed shall be the speed for maximum torque speed if it is 60% and 75% of rated speed;
2.32.2. If cutting speed maximum torque speed is less than 60% of rated speed, the intermediate speed shall be 60% of rated speed;
2.32.3. If speed maximum torque speed is greater than 75% of rated speed, the intermediate speed shall be 75% of rated speed;
2.32.4. engines to be tested on cycle G1, the intermediate speed shall be 85% of the maximum rated speed (annex 4 to these regulations 15.1.3);
2.33.100 m3 or greater (shipping feature, intended for use on inland waterways), where the volume of vessels, which is calculated using the formula L × B × T, where L is the maximum length of the hull (in meters) from the front edge of the priekšvadņ to the axis of the steering shaft, (B), the maximum width of the bodywork (in metres) measured along the outer plating (excluding paddle wheels, for example, aizsargapmal), T-the vertical distance from the hull or of the keel to the lowest point of the theoretically maximum draught line;
2.34. the valid certificate of the vessel – certificate, showing compliance with the 1974 International Convention for the safety of life at sea (SOLAS), or equivalent, with subsequent amendments, requirements, or certificate attesting compliance with the 1966 International Convention on load lines mark with subsequent amendments or equivalent requirements, and the international oil pollution prevention (IOPP) certificate of standard, showing compliance with the 1973 International Convention for the prevention of pollution from ships (MARPOL) with subsequent amendments;
2.35. the conversion device-a device which measured or perceived operational parameters, or respond to them, to activate, or deactivate the modulated, delayed any emission control system components or functions, and under normal conditions of use of the mobile equipment will reduce the effectiveness of the control system, unless such use is definitely the device for the appropriate certification of emission test procedure;
2.36. irrational management-strategy or measure that, under normal operating conditions of the mobile equipment will reduce the emissions control system efficiency to a level that is below the appropriate test procedure for emissions;
2.37. adjustable parameters – physically adjustable device, system or element of design that can change the design of the emissions or engine performance during emission testing or during operation of the engine;
2.38. exhaust after-treatment-release through the device or system for gas conversion, by chemical or physical methods before it discharges into the atmosphere;
2.39. positive-ignition engine-an engine that operates on the basis of the ignition with a spark;
2.40. emission reduction advanced device-a device which measures the engine's operating parameters to adjust any part of the emission control system;
2.41. the emission control system-device, system or element of design which controls or reduces emissions;
2.42. the fuel feed system – all the components used in the fuel dispenser and its preparation;
2.43. auxiliary power units – engine, built installed in or on a motor vehicle, but not used in the propulsion of the vehicle;
2.44. mode length – the period between the transition from the speed and/or torque of the previous mode or the preconditioning phase and the beginning of the following mode. It includes a time where speed and/or torque changes and the stabilisation at the beginning of each mode;
2.45. test cycle – sequential test points that each describes a specific engine speed and torque which the engine checks the compliance of mobile machinery engine test in the stationary phase (NRSC test) or mobile machinery engine test for the transitional phase (NRTC test);
2.46. offering on the market – the action for payment or free of charge, they are available for the first time on the Community market for distribution or use in the community.
3. rules applicable to inland waterway vessel engines (Bkategorij), as well as all the engines installed in mobile technology, and auxiliary power units equipped with passengers and freight for the trans portlīdzekļ if they intended and suited, to move, or to move it along the road or off-road, and is equipped with one of these engines (category A): 3.1 compression ignition engine having a capacity of effective 18kW but no more than that: 3.1.1 560kW and usually operated variable. speed mode;
3.1.2. running constant speed mode;
3.2. with gasoline powered spark ignition engine which the effective power output does not exceed 19kW;
3.3. the engine is intended as the main engine, which powered units are self-propelled track vehicle and specially designed for cargo or passengers;
3.4. main engine thrust, which is the cargo, passenger cars, as well as other equipment for the movement of self-propelled, track equipment, not intended for freight, passenger (except locomotive crew) or other equipment (secondary or engines that are intended to power a railway maintenance works or works designed installations, classified according to these rules to point 3.1.1).
4. These provisions shall not apply to: 4.1 engines installed in road transport products used in freight and passenger transport;
4.2. engines fitted to agricultural or forestry tractors to be used;
4.3. vessels not intended for the use on inland waterways;
4.5. recreational vehicles, including: 4.5.1 snow motorcycles;
4.5.2. off-road motorcycles;
4.5.3. off-road recreational vehicles.
5. The provisions of the said inspection of the engine required it for conformity assessment carried out in accordance with the requirements of this regulation in accordance with the following attachments: attachment 1-5.1 regulations used symbols and abbreviations, engine markings, requirements and tests, conditions, conformity of production assessment, parameters defining the engine family, and the choice of the parent engine;
5.2. Annex 2-information document for example form and the annexes;
5.3. Annex 3-compression ignition engine testing procedures;
5.4. Annex 4-test procedure for spark ignition engines;
5.5. Annex 5-tests and conformity of production test reference fuel specified technical requirements;
5.6. Annex 6 – analysis and sampling system;
5.7. Annex 7-type-approval certificate and test report forms;
5.8. Annex 8-type-approval certificate numbering system;
5.9. Annex 9 – the engine or engine family type-approval form;
5.10. Annex 10 – engine produced form;
5.11. Annex 11 – technical data on engines having type approval;
5.12. Annex 12 – recognition of alternative type-approvals;
5.13 13. Annex – conditions engines placed on the market in accordance with the flexibility of the system;
5.14. Annex 14-requirements for inland waterway vessels in the motoriem period;
5.15. Annex 15-requirements for inland waterway vessels engines II period.
II. Requirements for the certification authority and technical service 6. Certificate Authority must be accredited to a government agency "Latvian National Accreditation Bureau" according to standard EN 45011 "EN: 2004 General requirements for institutions that deal with product certification systems" or it should be the other competent authority of the Member State for which the Economy Ministry published a notice in the newspaper "journal". Certificate authority responsible for any engine or engine family type-approval, for a type-approval certificate issuance and cancellation, contacts with other Member States ' competent authorities, as well as examine the measures taken by the manufacturer in order to ensure the conformity of production requirements.
7. The technical service must be accredited to a government agency "Latvian National Accreditation Bureau" to the standard LVS EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005 for testing and calibration laboratories "General requirements", or have a technical service of another Member State, for which the economic Ministry has published a notice in the newspaper "journal".
III. The application for type-approval to verify the engine 8 or engine family type, the manufacturer shall submit the application in a Member State certification authority. The application shall be accompanied by an information folder (according to annex 2 of these provisions in paragraph 2 of the information document set out in annex 1 of the form, which contains information about the engine type to be approved).
9. engine which complies with the provisions of annex 2, paragraph 2, certain characteristics of the type, the manufacturer shall be submitted to the technical service responsible for conducting the tests.
10. If the certificate authority when evaluating the submitted application and accompanying documents, notes that the standard engine does not comply with the provisions of annex 2, paragraph 3 of the prescribed engine family, the manufacturer in accordance with paragraph 9 of these regulations shall be submitted to the technical service the other standard engine and, if necessary, additional standard engine in accordance with the certificate authority.
11. Submission of one engine type or engine family may be submitted in only one Member State certification authority.
12. For each of the approved engine type or engine family of each manufacturer shall submit a separate application.
IV. Type approval procedure 13. Certificate Authority on application and all documentation specified in these provisions receive grant type-approval for an engine type or engine family, if the engine type or engine family meets: 13.1 information folder;
13.2. the requirements of this regulation;
13.3. the certification body checks on the data of the manufacturer to ensure effective production control, checking its compliance with the technical requirements.
14. Certification Body: 14.1. verify the information in the existing information, technical service test reports and other documents relating to the verification, collects the information package and prepare the contents of the information package;
14.2. According to this provision, laid down in annex 7 to complete all the forms of the type-approval certificate for each engine type or engine family which it approves;
14.3. the number of the type approval certificate in accordance with the provisions given in annex 8 to the type-approval certificate numbering system;
14.4. the applicant shall be issued a type-approval certificate and its annexes;
14.5. the register consists of all the engine or engine family type-approvals.
15. approval of the engine type scope, if appropriate, to limit the engine to be able to carry out its function only together with mobile technical unit for which it is intended, or the engine together with the technical unit formed the specific features which meet certain requirements can be verified only engine combined with real or simulate other parts of the technical unit. In this case the engine or engine family type-approval certificate shall contain all the restrictions on the use of the engine, and it specifies the conditions for installation.
16. Expenses associated with the approval of the engine type shall be borne by the manufacturer, who submits an application for the certification authority of the type approval.
17. Certification Body: 17.1. each month send to the certificate authority in the other Member States the list of issued motor or engine family type-approvals type approval or refusal to approve the type (this rule 9.);
17.2. If the received certificate authority of another Member State of the application, send it to: 17.2.1. a copy of the type-approval certificate (with the information package the existing copies of documents or without them) for granted and withdrawn the engine or the engine approval or throw the sai information on refusal to grant type-approval;
17.2.2. in accordance with the type approval granted for the list of engines produced (this provision, paragraph 26), which includes this provision 10. data referred to in the annex;
17.2.3. This provision set out in paragraph 28 of the copy of the notification.
18. Compression ignition engines (except engines, used as the main propulsion engines, motorvagono and inland waterway vessels) in addition to the procedures laid down in this chapter has been authorised to offer the market, using the flexibility of the system in accordance with the provisions of the procedure laid down in annex 13.
V. amendments to type-approvals, 19. If you changed the data in the approved engine type information folder or in the information package, the manufacturer shall forthwith give written notice to the certificate authority and submit an application for amendment of a type-approval.
20. Application for amendment of a type-approval shall submit the certificate authority, which granted the original type-approval.
21. If particulars appearing in the information package have changed, the certificate authority: 21.1. assess the changes and, if necessary, shall amend the information package, specify the nature of the amendment and the amendment of the date, as well as change the type approval certificate to the information package attached to the table of contents and inform the manufacturer whether the amendments required new checks (if necessary of new testing, certification authority asking them to take the technical service);
21.2. issued an amended type certificate of approval by an appropriate number, if in accordance with this rule 21.1. the amendments referred to change the information in the type approval certificate or its annexes or if the time period after the original type-approval issued have changed regulations. The type-approval certificate shall specify the reasons for the amendment and revision of the certificate.
22. Expenses associated with the approval of the amendments of the engine type information document, according to the volume of the work to be carried out shall be borne by the producer who submitted the documents for the certification authority.
Vi. 23. Attestation of conformity manufacturer highlights each according to the approved type of engines produced in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 2 of annex 1. The label indicates the type-approval number.
24. If, in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 15 of this type-approval certificate contains restrictions on use, the manufacturer added to each unit manufactured detailed information on these restrictions and conditions of installation.
25. If more than one engine sends one equipment manufacturer, it is sufficient if, not later than the first day of dispatch engine added only one of these rules, an information document that lists all the relevant engine identification numbers.
26. at the request of the certification authority 45 days after the end of each calendar year or by these rules laid down in chapters X and XI of the requirements change, the category of engines, the manufacturer shall submit to the certification authority in the list include: 26.1. identification number range for each engine type produced in accordance with requirements of this regulation, for the period since the previous report or from the date when the relevant requirements become binding for a particular category of the engine;
26.2. If it is not specified the engine coding system in correlation with the identification number of the corresponding engine types or engine families and the type approval numbers;
16.3. information about the production date of the suspension, the number of engines that have not been sold, and the place where these motors are or will be stored, if the producer ceases to produce an approved engine type or engine family;
16.4. a declaration each engine with the assigned number of anchorages and compliance with the description in the type-approval certificate.
27. This provision of the producer the information referred to in paragraph 26 of the stores at least over, if not regularly sent to the certificate authority.
28. the manufacturer 45 days after the end of each calendar year, as well as after each of these provisions in chapter X and XII that date sent to the certificate authority for the statement. The notice indicates the engine type, engine family and identification codes for those engines, intended to produce after that date.
29. Compression ignition engines offered in the market according to the flexibility of the system, shall be marked in accordance with the provisions of annex 13.
VII. approval of the engine type recognition 30. Latvia is recognised for the mobile equipment mounted engines and engine type approval granted to this silent, granted in other Member States in accordance with the laws of the Member States, which takes over the content of these rules reference to directives of the European Union directive.
31. the technique is recognised for the mobile on-board engines and engine type approval granted to this silent, assigned to Latvia, Member States or third countries in accordance with the laws and regulations of the European Union or the international instruments referred to in this provision in annex 12.
VIII. conditions for inland waterway vessel engines 32. Market may offer engines that the emission limit values laid down in accordance with the provisions of annexes 14 and 15.
33. These provisions, insofar as they apply to inland waterway vessels, all the extra engine power exceeding 560kW, shall be subject to the same requirements as to the main engines.
IX. Mobile equipment engine offering for the market on the market may be 34. offer of new engines, whether or not installed in machinery which meets the requirements of these regulations.
35. New engines, whether or not installed in machinery, allowed to offer on the market if: 21.8. engine meets the type approval in accordance with the provisions of the technical annexes and the specific technical requirements of the regulations;
35.2. the certification authority has issued the type approval certificate;
35.3. the engine shall be marked according to the provisions of paragraph 23.
36. the certificate for navigation on inland waterways vessels which do not issue engine do not meet the requirements laid down in these provisions.
37. the certification body registers and controls according to the requirements of this regulation, the identification numbers of those engines produced, if necessary in cooperation with other Member States certification authorities. Identification numbers can be controlled in addition to controlling the conformity of production in accordance with the rules laid down in chapter XIII.
38. the manufacturer or his authorized representative in the European Union, on request, promptly provide the certification authority with all the necessary information about your customers, as well as their engine identification numbers that are declared as produced in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 26. If the engine is sold machinery manufacturers, additional information is required.
39. If, after the certification authority at the request of the manufacturer can examine the claims in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 26, especially in connection with this provision, paragraph 38, assigned to the engine type approval to be withdrawn. Certificate authority for such cases during the month reported to the certificate authority in the other Member States and indicate the reasons for the cancellation.
X. Claim of pollutant discharge reduction of limit values, confirming the engine types and offering market for compression ignition engines
40. Engine and their family type approved under European Union specific sequential periods (Ilīdz IV), and taking into account the different pollutant emissions limit values (depending on the category of the engine), which is based on the engine capacity range for each type-approval period.
41. the certification body shall grant type-approval for an engine type or engine family and to issue the certificate of type approval, as well as to grant type-approval for a mobile technology that is set to the appropriate category of the engine, where the engine meets the requirements set out in these provisions and gaseous or particulate pollution from the engine comply with the provisions of annex 1 table 4-13. the emission limit values laid down in the relevant category of the engine and the time period in question.
42. After the period for expiry of the certification authority may refuse to grant the type-approval of compression-ignition engine type or engine family or refuse these rules laid down in annex 7 to the type-approval certificate, as well as for air pollutant emissions to make other type-approval requirements for the mobile technique in which the engine is installed, if the emission of gaseous pollutants and particulate matter emissions from the engine comply with the requirements laid down in these provisions.
43. Allowed the placing on the market of new engines, whether or not installed in machinery, or these mechanisms to register, if they meet the requirements of this regulation and if the engine type approved under any of these provisions set out the categories of engines (except for exports to third countries for equipment and engines).
44. the engines which comply with the requirements of the preceding period, banned from the market when the next period starts mandatory requirements.
45. Engine types or engine families which IIIA, IIIB and IVlaikposm meets the requirements of these regulations before the deadlines, allowed to use special labels and symbols, to indicate that the equipment in question comply with those provisions of the emission limit values laid down for their application before the deadlines.
XI. Claim of pollutant discharge reduction of limit values, confirming the engine types and offering the market a positive-ignition engine-46. Positive ignition engine pamatklas is the letter S, and includes small engines with the power of ≤ 19 kW. Pamatklas fall into the following categories: 46.1. H: engines for portable installations: 46.1.1. SH: 1 class-engine with capacity of 20 cm3 of
Search Translated Laws of Latvia