Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/125862
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 18 of 2006 in Riga in January (pr 3. Nr. 1) 21 § intellectual property Council regulation Issued pursuant to the public administration facilities article 13 of the law on the general issue of i. 1. Intellectual Property Council (hereinafter Council) is a consultative body whose purpose is to coordinate and encourage the Latvian authorities of the public administration of copyright and related rights, database protection (sui generis), the administration of trade marks and geographical indications, patents, designs, plant varieties and protection of topographies of semiconductor products (intellectual property rights).
II. the Council functions, tasks and rights 2. The functions of the Council is to coordinate and promote the activities of national regulatory authorities, as well as mutual cooperation in intellectual property and its protection.
3. the Council shall have the following tasks: 3.1 examine the policy planning documents relating to intellectual property and its protection;
3.2. to consider proposals on legislative drafting intellectual property legislation;
3.3. to discuss the priority lines of action to promote public awareness of intellectual property, the protection and the prevention of irregularities.
4. the Council shall have the right to propose the required policy planning documents and drafting the laws related to the protection of intellectual property rights.
III. structure and management of the Council 5. Council is composed of: 5.1 the Minister of Justice (Council Chairman);
5.2. The Justice Ministry State Secretary (Deputy Chairman of the Council);
5.3. the Ministry of culture State Secretary;
5.4. the State Ministry of Agriculture Secretary;
5.5. the Ministry of the Interior;
5.6. the Secretary of the Ministry of the economy;
5.7. The Ministry of finance, the Secretary of State;
5.8. the Ministry of education and science of the Secretary of State;
5.9. the State Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
5.10. the special task Minister for electronic Government Affairs Manager of the Secretariat;
5.11. the Attorney-General;
5.12. the President of the Supreme Court.
6. the President of the Council in the absence of his duties shall be the Deputy Chairman of the Council.
7. the functions of the Council Secretariat to ensure the Patent Board.
8. meetings of the Council with the right to participate in the Advisory Council or Council members invite people.
IV. Organization of the work of the Council and decision of the President of the Council: 9 9.1. approve the agenda of the Council;
9.2. chaired Council meetings;
9.3. signature of Council decisions and other decisions of the Council related documents.
10. the President of the Council may empower the Council to prepare and approve the Council meeting agenda.
11. The Council meets at least twice a year. Extraordinary meetings shall be convened at the request of the President of the Council or at least one third of the members of the Council. Members of the Council for the convening of the hearing shall inform the Secretariat.
12. the Secretariat shall, at least five working days before the meeting of the Council shall send the invitation to the members of the Council meeting and the meeting agenda. Documents of the meeting to the members of the Council shall be made by electronic means. Meeting Secretariat preparation of the issues to be dealt with shall cooperate and consult with professionals in the field of intellectual property.
13. the Council are valid if they participate in the hearing not less than half of the Board members.
14. questions for consideration by the Council is entitled to propose any member of the Council.
15. the Council shall take decisions by an open vote, with a simple more funding. If the vote splits equal, the Chairman of the Board shall have a casting vote.
16. The decisions of the Council's recommendations.
17. The secretariat shall ensure the recording of meetings of the Council. Recorded in the agenda and decisions, as well as persons who have participated in the hearing, and persons who have reported on the matter. The minutes shall be signed by the President and the person who protokolējus.
18. minutes of meetings of the Council of the original storage provides the Secretariat.
19. If the Council does not agree with the decision of the Council, he has the right to make their views known in writing and ask them to add the minutes.
20. The members of the Council to promote compliance with the Council decision within public administrations and other institutions.
21. the Secretariat within five working days after the meeting of the Council shall be made by electronic means to all the minutes of the project to the members of the Council. The members of the Council within three working days after receipt of the draft Protocol inform by electronic means the Secretary of the Council on reconciliation or send comments. After the signing of the Protocol, a copy of it sent to all Council members.
Prime Minister a. Halloween instead of the Minister of Justice, economic Minister A.r. Kariņš Editorial Note: regulations shall enter into force by January 18, 2006.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia