Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/128066
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 101 in Riga in 2006 (January 31. No 6 62) Latvian Environmental Protection Fund Council regulation Issued in accordance with the Latvian Environmental Protection Fund Act, article 6 of the fourth part 1. Environmental Defense Fund Board (hereinafter referred to as the Fund) is the decision-making body that was created to ensure the targeted and efficient Latvian Environmental Protection Fund (hereinafter Fund) funds management and distribution according to the objective of environmental protection fund activities and projects (projects) and provide funds for the implementation of the State budget allocated to the funds.
2. the Council of the Foundation: 2.1 budgetary programme "Environmental Fund" revenue and expenditure for the inclusion in the budget request, Ministry of the environment and an explanation of the current financial year;
2.2. approve the Fund guidelines, which reflect the Fund's priorities for action in relation to environmental policy planning documents and regulations, as well as every year by the distribution of funds under the Fund's guidelines;
2.3. the approved environmental protection measures and project guidelines classification;
2.4. Approves the criteria for co-financing of projects financed by the Fund;
2.5. define the project application form;
2.6. the project shall be fixed each year for the submission of the application;
2.7. determining the project submission, evaluation and financing arrangements, as well as a sample of the contract;
2.8. project report forms and deadlines for the submission of samples;
2.9. makes decisions on project approval or rejection. The application of the project does not create an obligation for the Council of the Fund granted to the applicant on the project funding project implementation;
2.10. make decisions about cooperation with foreign and international financial institutions;
2.11. confirm the Administration's public statements of the Fund;
2.12. Approves the grant contest regulations;
2.13. can make a decision on the repayment of the funds assigned budget programmes "Environment Fund" account if the funds recipient funds not used in the project application to the works provided for under the Fund Council decision or in accordance with a signed agreement or agreement with the administration of the Fund or funds not used within the prescribed time limit. That decision may be appealed to the Court of Justice of the administrative procedure law;
2.14. can decide any other matter relating to the operations of the Fund, if it affects the interests of the Fund or the Fund exceed the Administration decision, except where the law is defined in the other matter, such issues.
3. the Foundation Council of the Fund for projects and activities be allocated on the basis of the Council of the Fund approved Fund guidelines and in accordance with the design competition and the Fund's Board approved the project application submission rules.
4. the Fund's resources are used in the Latvian Environmental Protection Fund Law article 6 the second subparagraph of paragraph 1 the specific environmental protection measures and projects, as well as: 4.1 environmental measures and project lending with environmental investment fund, as well as environmental protection measures and projects a reduction in the rate of credit used;
4.2. the natural resources tax to repay part of the environmentally harmful product recovery and recycling of waste, if the Fund has contracted for the partial repayment;
4.3. the natural resources tax refund of collected (also discarded the collected end-of-life vehicles) and the treated end-of-life vehicles, as well as for the implementation of the programme in accordance with the law on the management of end-of life vehicles, if the contract has been concluded for repayment;
4.4. the participation of the parties jointly with foreign institutions in the financing of environmental protection and participation fees, as well as the acquisition of funds from the European Union;
4.5. environmental monitoring and environmental information system development and data recovery measures and the implementation of the project, the environment the statutory register and the establishment and development of databases;
4.6. the economically justifiable use of the renewable energy project development and financing;
4.7. the projects and activities that promote environmental education, nature's statement, the public education and participation in environmental policy-making and implementation, as well as applied research environment;
4.8. public information on the State of the environment and the requirements of the European Union in the field of environmental protection;
4.9 environmental specialist training and qualifications for promotion of environmental issues;
4.10. separate natural and legal persons for the benefit of the investment environment in Latvia, public environmental inspectors also incentives;
4.11. environmental remediation work and the assessment of the consequences of the emergency and prevention;
4.12. the preparation of the application projects to attract foreign and international financial institutions;
4.13. the functioning of the media and publishing environmental education and upbringing.
5. the Fund's resources are used in the financing of environmental projects that meet the following conditions: 5.1 the project presented by the individual or the legal person governed by public law (also a national environmental protection authority or municipality);
5.2. the aim of the project comply with the national or internationally recognized environmental policy priorities, and promoting sustainable development;
5.3. the aim of the project is timely and important, and the planned measures efficiently and effectively;
5.4. implementation of the project for opinions, conclusions and recommendations are based on estimates or research;
5.5. the project implementing the technologies introduced are economically justified and comply with environmental protection requirements.
6. Fund planning takes account of previous financial years for long term contracts.
7. the composition of the Council of the Fund shall include: 7.1 Environment Ministers;
7.2. two representatives of the Ministry of the environment;
7.3. the representative from the Union of the municipalities of Latvia;
7.4. the representative from the Ministry of agriculture;
7.5. a representative from the University of Latvia;
7.6. the representative from the Environmental Advisory Council.
8. the Foundation Council personnel approved by the President of the Council of the Foundation.
9. the Fund shall be chaired by the President of the Council. The Fund's Board from among the members of the Council nominated and approved by a majority of the Foundation's Deputy Chairman of the Council.
10. the Foundation Council in the absence of the President, his duties shall be the Deputy Chairman of the Council of the Foundation.
11. the Fund's Council meetings shall be convened by the President of the Council of the Fund at least once every three months. The meeting venue, time and agenda of the notify in writing all members of the Council, not later than 10 days prior to the Council meeting of the Fund.
12. the Council of the Foundation for the present project submissions to the Fund Administration news.
13. the Council of the Fund has the right, if necessary, request additional information about the project submissions.
14. Each member of the Council of the Fund decision-making is one vote. The Fund's Board is valid, if they participate in the hearing not less than four members of the Board of the Fund. If any of the Foundation's Council present Council members object to the decision taken by the majority, his opposition to record the minutes of the hearing.
15. the Foundation Council meetings project submission in consultation with advisory capacity may participate in the Foundation's Chairman of the Board and two of its members. Such persons shall submit for consideration of draft submissions no later than 10 days prior to the Council meeting of the Fund.
16. the minutes of the Council of the Foundation. Minutes shall be prepared within five working days after the meeting.
17. the administration of the Fund shall operate in and comply with the decisions of the Council of the Fund and its Chairman.
18. the Fund may use this rule 4.2. the natural resources referred to in the part of the refund of tax on goods harmful to the environment in the waste recovery and recycling in the period up to 30 June 2006, if they have a contract with the Fund.
19. the Fund may use this provision referred to in paragraph 4.3 of the natural resources tax refund of collected (also discarded the collected end-of-life vehicles) and mastered as well as end-of-life vehicles in accordance with the law on the management of end-of life vehicles developed for the implementation of the programme during the period up to 31 December 2006, subject to the conclusion of the contract with the Fund.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Environment Minister r. vējonis Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions by 16 February 2006.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia