Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/131493
Financial and capital market Commission Regulation No 61 (financial and capital market Commission Council in Riga on 24 March 2006 meeting in Protocol No 14, 3. p.)
Insurer public quarterly reporting rules Issued pursuant to the financial and capital market Commission of the law article 7 paragraph 1, first subparagraph, and article 17, paragraph 2 of the insurance companies and the supervisory law 104. the third paragraph of article i. General questions 1. "insurer public quarterly reporting rules" (hereinafter-the rules) are binding on the insurance company, mutual insurance cooperative associations, member insurers not affiliates (hereafter referred to as the insurer) and national insurance branches where, in accordance with the insurance company and the surveillance law to take insurance in the Republic of Latvia.
2. prepare the activities of the insurer to increase the transparency and promote market discipline, timely provision of market participants, policy-holders, investors and other interested parties information about the period of the insurer's financial position and performance.
3. the rules provide the insurer public quarterly reports (called a report) of the information to be included in the minimum content of such reports, as well as publication procedures.
4. The insurer shall prepare a report that reflects the information on its financial position and activities from the beginning of the year to 31 March, 30 June, 30 September and 31 December (hereinafter: the reference period), the insurer, and shall have it published on the internet website of the insurance company and the monitoring period prescribed by law.
5. the information to be included in the report must meet the following criteria. It must: 5.1. essential for decision making;
5.2. the timely;
5.3. available to a wide audience without additional costs;
5.4. financial situation, sufficient for the performance and activities of the insurer risk awareness;
5.5. reliable and secure, giving audited information if any can provide;
5.6. comparable to the reference periods and according to explain;
5.7. consistent methods and assumptions used, as well as reflection of their impact.
6. The insurer shall report the applicable currency is the monetary unit of the Republic of Latvia. The report indicates the degree of precision for numbers displayed.
7. the management of the Insurer (insurance company — management board, mutual insurance cooperatives, the head of the Executive Body, not insurers of Member branches, Branch Manager) is responsible for the preparation of statements and timely publication, as well as information updates as necessary.
8. the Member State of the branch, the insurer which, in accordance with the insurance company and the surveillance law to take insurance in the Republic of Latvia, shall be published in the Member State where the branch of the insurer, it has prepared the last available public review of the insurer's performance and financial indicators, which have been prepared in accordance with the Member insurer's country of registration laws. This report is a member of the branch of the insurer shall make available to the national language of the Republic of Latvia.
II. Review of the information to be included in statement 9, information shall be provided at least on: 9.1. financial position and operating results, updating the each reporting period;
9.2. financial performance indicators by updating the each reporting period;
9.3. the risk analysis when restoring it as needed;
9.4. Management and administration, restoring it as needed.
10. The balance sheet and income statement items and scoring rules are consistent with the financial and capital market Commission approved "insurance company, mutual insurance cooperative society and member of the insurer not affiliate annual report and the consolidated annual report rules ' requirements. The balance sheet and income statement items of the layout specified in annexes 1 and 2.
11. in addition to the profit or loss for the insurer, the information provided indicates the gross and net premiums written, gross and net claims paid and net operating expenses broken down by the following types of insurance: 11.1. non-life insurance: 11.1.1. accident insurance;
11.1.2. the health insurance;
11.1.3. ground transport (except rail) insurance;
11.1.4. rail transport insurance;
11.1.5. aircraft insurance;
11.1.6. shipping insurance;
11.1.7. cargo insurance;
11.1.8. property insurance against fire and damage by natural disasters;
11.1.9. property insurance against other losses;
11.1.10. land vehicles liability insurance;
11.1.11. land transport owners civil liability compulsory insurance;
11.1.12. aircraft liability insurance;
11.1.13. the shipowners ' civil liability insurance;
11.1.14. General liability insurance;
11.1.15. credit insurance;
11.1.16. guarantee insurance;
11.1.17. miscellaneous financial loss insurance;
11.1.18. legal expenses insurance;
11.1.19. assistance insurance;
11.2. life insurance: 11.2.1. contracts with savings;
11.2.2. contracts without savings;
11.2.3. unit-linked contracts.
12. in addition to the profit and loss statement, the information provided indicates the insurer following performance (by 11.1 the insurance referred to in paragraph types): 12.1. loss (agreed remuneration, net/net premiums earned);
12.2. the expenditure (net operating expenses + other technical expenses, net/net premiums earned);
12.3. the combined score (loss + expenses).
13. in addition to paragraph 12 of the life insurer shall indicate the investment returns calculated in accordance with the Commission's Council of 24 December 2004 "provisions of the private insurers and pension funds the establishment of technical provisions and methods of calculation" in paragraph 4.2 the specified formula, on the basis of the calculation using the quarterly data.
14. Providing information on the risk analysis, the insurer shall indicate at least the exposure: 14.1. types of risks that are directly or indirectly related to the calculation of premiums and technical provisions of the insurance contract or contribution agreement, which complies with the legal form of insurance contracts financial liabilities, as well as operating expenses, at least the description of the insurance risk and the credit risk arising from reinsurance contracts;
14.2. the types of risks that are directly or indirectly related to the insurer's asset management, describes at least the market risk, credit risk and liquidity risk;
14.3. other types of risks, which do not comply with 14.1 and 14.2 above risks and may affect the insurer's action, describing at least operational risk.
15. As mentioned in paragraph 14 of the risk the insurer shall contain at least the following information: 15.1 risk causes;
15.2. the risk management and control;
15.3. If and how risk management is applied to reinsurance, financial derivatives and alternative risk transfer or transfer mechanisms.
16. Providing information for management and administration, the insurer shall give the particulars at least: 16.1. the insurance company's shareholders or mutual cooperative society members and their participation in the share capital, the share or shares of the nominal value and the number of votes;
16.2. the insurance company's Chairman of the Board and Chairman of the Board, mutual insurance cooperative society, the head of the Executive Body, not a member insurer's branch manager, as well as the insurance company's Board members and Board members and mutual cooperative society for a list of members of the executive body with this official name and position;
16.3. departments and their addresses, t.sk. the seat of the insurer, branches, offices and agencies;
16.4. the operational strategy and objectives;
16.5. essential partners, t.sk. insurance and reinsurance intermediaries, reinsurers, outsourcing providers, which provide investment, insurance underwriting and claims settlement.
III. Closing questions 17. provisions applicable to insurers in preparing public reports quarter, beginning with the first quarter of 2006.
18. This rule 9.3, 14 and 15 the information referred to in paragraph insurers in public statements indicate the quarter, starting with the first quarter of 2007.
19. Advice on the preparation of the report provides the financial and capital market Commission and the regulatory requirements of the Department of statistics.
Financial and capital market Commission Vice Chairman j. Brazovsk a annex 1 financial and capital market Commission 24.03.2006. Regulation No 61 balance report ____ ________. _____ year _____ ___ (the last date of the reporting period) name of the position in the previous reporting period reporting year investments in tangible assets land and buildings intangible assets investments in related companies investments in associated companies share capital share capital held for trading financial assets classified as at fair value financial assets evaluated the presentation of profit and loss statement available-for-sale financial assets held-to-maturity investments, loans and receivables accrued income and deferred expenses tax assets of reinsurance contracts and cash in on demand to credit institutions total assets
Capital and reserves for insurance liabilities held for trading financial liabilities classified as fair value estimated financial commitments with the presentation of profit and loss statement amortized acquisition value rated financial liabilities accruals tax liabilities accrued expenses and deferred income total liabilities total equity and reserves and liabilities annex 2 financial and capital market Commission Regulation No 61 24.03.2006. Profit or loss statement ____ ________. _____ year _____ ___ (the last date of the reporting period in the name of the position in the current period previous period appropriate premiums earned other technical income, net amount Agreed remuneration, net change in life insurance technical reserves, net changes in other technical provisions, net Net bonuses operating expenses other technical expenses, net changes in equalization reserves investment management expenses/income and commissions payable Net interest income and dividend income, net realized gains/losses from financial assets and financial liabilities that is not valued at fair value through profit or loss net gains/losses from held for trading financial assets and financial liabilities net profit/loss from classified as fair value measured financial assets and financial liabilities with the presentation of the income statement the foreign exchange revaluation of tangible assets, investment in buildings of the same activity, investment property and intangible assets of derecognition of the profit/loss the depreciation in the value of the loss of negative goodwill accounting period profit/loss
Search Translated Laws of Latvia