Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/132534
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 266 in 2006 (April 4. 19 § 2) welfare homes (rooms), animals for trade, transport and playback on public exhibitions, as well as dog training Issued in accordance with the law on the protection of animals article 10 paragraph 2 and 8 i. General questions 1. determines the welfare House (rooms), animals for trade, transport and playback on public exhibitions, as well as the training and dog house (rooms) of the animal's owner and the rights and obligations of the holder.
2. These rules according to the competence monitor and control food and veterinary service (hereinafter service) and local authorities.
3. any natural or legal person that is the home of the (room) the owner or keeper of the animal, is personally responsible for animal health and welfare.
4. The House (room) the animal permitted to accommodate real estate sharing premises and territory, if the written consent of the owner and the operator combination.
II. Requirements for the House (rooms) for the carriage of animals during transportation 5 House (rooms), animals are not disturbed and smooth traffic movement, movement of livestock around the cabin of the vehicle.
6. during the transport of the House (room) the animal provides the necessary air exchanges, individual as well as the rest of the area under the species concerned physiological requirements.
7. Public transport: 7.1 the dog is imposed on the muzzle, dog leash or carried there in a suitable bag, container or cage;
7.2. other home (room) the animals are transported in suitable cases, containers or cages.
8. The House (rooms) in the means of transport the animals must not be left unattended, if it endangers the health or life of animals.
III. Special requirements for keeping of dogs Sun may 9 to dispose of after eight weeks of age, and two weeks after the last vaccination. Disposal of dog, the next owner passes the House (room) the animal's passport or a certificate of vaccination.
10. Cities, towns and villages, if the dog is outside the premises of the owner or the holder's possession or holding area: 10.1 the owner or keeper of the dog provides a complete delimitation of the territory concerned of the public use areas (hereinafter called demarcated areas), eliminating the possibility of a dog to get out of it;
10.2. at the designated entrance areas shall call or other device that makes it possible to contact the owner or possessor of the territory.
11. If the dog is outside its owner or holder's possession or holding area, the dog shall be affixed kaklasiksn or other accessories, such as iemauktiņ, but the dangerous dog must also be a Red Ribbon, with the difference that represents a dangerous dog.
12. Towns and villages outside the delimited area: 12.1. dog leash lead;
12.2. the dog is imposed on the muzzle when the dog is declared dangerous under the laws and regulations concerning the criteria and procedures for the recognition of the dangerous dog and determine future actions with it, as well as on the requirements for keeping a dangerous dog.
13. In cities and villages outside the delimited area without a leash and dog uzpurņ can be located in the green zone and the forest (except where local authorities that, in accordance with the local binding rules it is forbidden) walks during the supervision of the owner or holder and sight at a distance that the owner or keeper of the animal is able to control the action.
14. Outside cities and villages: 14.1 in the farm dog may be kept outdoors not tied and free uzpurņ if you ensure that it does not endanger humans and animals;
14.2. If the dog performs the task of protecting its territory, residence shall be indicated by sign "dog!";
14.3. outside the owner's or holder's possession or holding area without a leash and dog uzpurņ can be located in the walk by the owner or the holder's supervision and sight at a distance that the owner or keeper of the animal is able to control the action.
15. the owner or keeper of the Dog in public places you can temporarily leave the dog alone, if a dog is tied in tow, not longer than a meter, and if it does not interfere with the movement of persons and vehicles and no risk to human or animal safety.
16. If the dog kept indoors, the owner or keeper of the animal shall: 16.1 complete dog food at least once a day;
16.2. the dog always free fresh water;
16.3. dogs that are older than three months, at least 30 minutes of walking at least twice a day. The interval between the two walks sometimes not less than ten hours.
17. If the dog constantly tethered outside the premises, the owner or keeper of the animal shall ensure the dog: 17.1. full meals at least once a day;
17.2. always free fresh water;
17.3. at least 30 minutes of walking at least once a day;
17.4. the dog's body to a shack or home (long, height and width exceeds the size of the dog, not less than 30 centimeters) to hide under adverse weather conditions, and where is the litter or other warm flooring;
17.5. the cleanliness of a dog kennel or headquarters and the area where the dog is staying;
10.9. the following accessories: 17.6.1. at least two inches of skin kaklasiksn or another dog's body-fitting accessories, which do not cause injury to the dog, as well as to preclude arbitrary for the dog to get rid of it;
17.6.2. at least three metres long chain or leash;
17.6.3. chain or leash connection with kaklasiksn using rotating element. If the chain slides along the wire, rotating elements are at kaklasiksn and at the wire.
18. If the dog standing there in a delimited area outdoors, ensure that rule 17.1, 17.2, 17.3., 17.4., and 17.5. bottom above requirements.
19. Dog allowed to constantly hold out, if after its genotype (an organism's heredity factors) or phenotype (for external and internal body set of) may provide that it is suitable for holding outdoor conditions without harming the dog's health and well-being. The dog up to 10 months of age may not be held bound.
IV. Special requirements for keeping the cats 20. cats may be transferred, after 10 weeks of age, and two weeks after the last vaccination. Disposal of cat, the next owner passes the House (room) the animal's passport or a certificate of vaccination.
21. A cat older than six months will be free to stay out of its owner or holder's possession or holding areas, if the cat is sterilized.
22. the cat provides: 22.1. always free fresh water;
22.2. the full feed.
23. If a cat there confined space, it provides: 23.1. cat's toilet;
23.2. contacting the people at least once in two days;
23.3. the area of residence of not less than five square metres, where the cat is older than six months.
V. specific requirements of other houses (rooms) for holding animals 24. Home (room) the poultry are kept in cages or rooms. Cage size and equipment (Hedwig, suitable gravel fineness) corresponds to the variety of birds.
25. Baložveidīgo birds kept in the attic of the building or specially built shed where the pigeons are nesting and perches, shelves.
26. the reptiles or amphibians there terārijo and akvaterārijo or specially equipped premises, ensuring the appropriate temperature for the species, moisture and physiological needs of the species according to the full feed.
27. šinšill rabbits, and other small mammals are kept in cages. Cage is it equipped to animals after the election could hide.
28. with other mammals, the following requirements shall be met: 28.1. cages cleaned at least once a week;
28.2. where animals are held, ensure against draughts, vibrations and noise.
29. fish there specially equipped aquariums containing fish species concerned to maintain the proper water temperature, aeration, lighting, and population density.
30. The Aquarium clean at least once every two weeks, if it is not installed in automatic filtration system.
Vi. Requirements for trade in the House (rooms), animals Before the start of trading on 31 with the House (rooms), animals and every three years after the start of trading on the merchant submits the territorial unit of the service written application for permission to trade in the House (rooms), animals (except, if trading is organised according to the laws and regulations on the procedures for the organisation of competitions, livestock markets, auctions, exhibitions and other events with the participation of the animal). The application indicates the House (room) the animal trading site address and phone number. The application shall be accompanied by the following documents: 31.1. Merchant copy of the registration certificate;
31.2. the property rights in a copy of the identity document, if commercial space or area is trader's property;
31.3. a copy of the contract for sales or lease of the territory and the operator's written permission, if space or territory is not the property of the operators.
32. by paragraph 31 of these rules of receipt of the information referred to in the service's Inspector checks the animal trade.
33. The Merchant provides veterinary care of animals and destruction of animal carcases.
34. Trade House (rooms), animals are allowed on the following trading places: 34.1. vanity House (rooms) in the possession of the animal's owner or holding area;
21.3. markets and fairs specially designed locations;
21.4. the House (room) animal exhibitions.
35. trade is not allowed with: 21.8. dangerous dogs and their offspring;
35.2. the sick, not genetically valuable for home (rooms), animals (with congenital diseases, malformations or pathological conditions);
35.3. dogs, cats and ferrets (rooms), if not present, the animal owner, except that rule 34.1. cases referred to;
35.4. the House (rooms), animals which are ectoparasites.
36. homework Purchased (rooms), animals Merchant provides regulations on quarantine requirements.
37. The House (room) the owner of the animal, passing the House (room) the animal pet shop for sale, submitted by: 37.1. veterinary certificate which contains animal vaccination and the medical opinion of the official veterinarian for the animal's health status;
37.2. wildlife-animal origin of identity document;
37.3. the written instructions on the supplied animal feeding, watering and any special care required.
38. The merchant selling House (rooms), animals shall be issued to the purchaser of this rule 37.3. referred to in the instructions.
39. Trading places (except this rule 34.1. cases referred to) provide: 24.3. the House (room) and zoopsiholoģiskaj of animal physiological needs maintenance. In the place of stay shall ensure that the animals could not physically interfere with outsiders and that, if necessary, could hide;
24.4. the House (room) residence in cleaning and disinfection;
39.3. easy to wash, clean and disinfect animal cages and rooms of finishing materials;
24.5. the House (room) the animal physiological needs optimal microclimate parameters (temperature, humidity, air exchange) an area where animals are present;
24.5. the wire cages for dogs and cats that do not restrict their physiological needs, do not create stress, suffering or injury.
40. Dogs and cats provide the species and physiological needs the necessary physical activity. If the animal is caged for long, providing enough space so that it moves according to the physiological needs of the animal. If necessary, limit the freedom of movement of an animal (not causing suffering or injury).
VII. Claim of House (rooms), animals for public exhibitions 41. During the exhibition house (rooms), animals Physiology and welfare provides it under circumstances.
42. the exhibitions may not participate: 42.1. the House (rooms), animals with visible signs of disease;
26.2. the House (room) females search or breastfeeding, but cat-lactation;
26.3. the House (room) females during pregnancy in the second half, but bitches and Queens – if the gestation time exceeds 30 days;
26.3. the House (room) animal babies who are not weaned from its mother, except for this provision, paragraph 45.
43. The exhibition may participate in dogs that meet the following requirements: 43.1. is marked with a tattoo or chip that contains a unique, life-time, non-removable pin, do not interfere with the animal's well-being and not detrimental to its health, as well as comply with the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 May 2003 of Regulation (EC) No 998/2003 on the animal health requirements applicable to the non-commercial movement of pet animals and amending Council Directive (EEC) 92/65 , requirements;
43.2. not later than four months;
43.3. vaccinated against rabies: 43.3.1. not earlier than 12 months prior to the exhibition;
43.3.2. not later than 30 days before the exhibition, where vaccination was carried out for the first time, or after a previous vaccination interval is longer than 12 months;
43.4. are free of ectoparasites.
44. The exhibition may participate in cats that meet the following requirements: 44.1. no less than two and a half months;
44.2. vaccinated against rabies: 44.2.1. not earlier than 12 months prior to the exhibition;
44.2.2. not later than 30 days before the exhibition, where vaccination was carried out for the first time, or after a previous vaccination interval is longer than 12 months;
27.5. are free of ectoparasites.
45. The cat who is not separated from the mother but has reached 2.5 months old may participate in exhibitions, if the cat owner presented a document showing the cat's mother's vaccination against rabies in accordance with the provisions of section 44.2..
46. the exhibition of cats in cages, dezinficēto area meets the cat physiological and zoopsiholoģiskaj needs. Cat cage three walls are fitted with insulating curtains, and the cage floor covered with the cover. Cage a permanent container with drinking water, and cat owner or keeper will periodically place the dish in the cage the animal's natural need for settlement.
47. The exhibition rabbits may participate who fulfil the following requirements: 29.3. vaccinated against myxomatosis and rabbit haemorrhagic septicaemia;
47.2. are free of ectoparasites.
VIII. Requirements for training of dogs 48. Teaching a dog, prohibits the use of physical force, or device that the dog can cause pain or suffering.
49. Sports, amusement and working dogs trained in accordance with the legislation on animal welfare requirements, sports, business and amusement for holding animals, training and use of the matches, or attractions.
IX. The House (room) of the animal's owner and the rights and obligations of the holder 50. Purchasing a House (rooms), the owner or keeper of the animal shall assume responsibility for the House (room) animal welfare and the special requirements of farming and Veterinary assistance, prevent the ramble as well as ensure the animal search and funeral.
51. The House (room) the owner or keeper of the animal is right along with the House (room) the animal fall outside the House (room) of the owner or holder of the animals owned or holding areas, if the House (room) animal: 51.1. do not interfere with the public and do not pose a threat to human safety, health and life;
51.2. do not pose a threat to other animals to safety, health and life.
52. The House (room) the owner or keeper of the animal is obliged: 52.1. ensure House (rooms), animals (smell, barking or whining) does not interfere with the home or neighbourhood;
52.2. entrust the House (room) in the books outside of the animal owner or holder's possession or holding areas, only the person who is able to control and restrain the animal, and to ensure that the House (room) the animal does not endanger humans and animals;
52.3. the settlements in the territory to collect your home (room) of animal excrement;
52.4. find House (rooms) for the owner of the other animals, if further animal holding is not possible;
52.5. vaccinate House (rooms) animal veterinary law;
52.6. taking the House (room) at the veterinarian, animals take and report the veterinarian to the animal's identity, an identity card or a certificate of vaccination (if any);
52.7. passing the House (room) to a third party, provide information about the animal's welfare and housing requirements;
52.8. store and after service or public order authorities to present a request to the House (room) for animal-related documents (for example, the House (room) animal passports, the animal origin of identity document);
52.9. If the House (room) the owner or keeper of the animal in the city or in the territory of the village in one address hold five and several species of warm-blooded one House (rooms), animals that are older than six months, he is seven working days in writing inform the territorial departments of the service, providing your name, House (rooms), the number of animal species, holding address and phone number (if any).
53. If the House (room) the animal owner's failure to comply with these provisions, he is called to account in the laws.
54. The House (room) the owner or keeper of the animal is not entitled: 54.1. use conveying sick House (rooms), animals, animals with hereditary pathologies, as well as physiologically and genetically incompatible animals;
54.2. using breeding home (room) the animal if it endangers the health of the animal;
54.3. accommodate House (rooms), animals on the balcony or Loggia of the House;
54.4. the retention of the House (rooms) in animal antisanitāro;
54.5. use House (rooms) for animal resources, detrimental to its health.
55. If a warm-blooded home (room) the animal has bitten a person or suspect about the House (rooms) for the presence of an animal with rabies, the animal's owner or keeper: 55.1. must not be arbitrary eitanazē of animals;
55.2. animal quarantines and report to the Department of territorial authorities, giving the following information: 55.2.1. animal owner or holder's first name, last name, place of residence, telephone number;
55.2.2. animal species, name, brand or specific characteristics, age, gender, the vaccination and the identity number (if any);
55.3. Act with the House (rooms) in accordance with service animals and practicing the instructions of the official veterinarian.
X. closing issues 56. point 4 of these rules shall apply to livestock owners and holders that animals born after the entry into force of these regulations.
57. This rule 7.1 and 12 do not apply to dog owners and holders that dogs perform work tasks.
Prime Minister a. Halloween farming Minister – the Minister of the environment r. vējonis Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 12 April 2006.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia