Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/134795
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 365 in Riga 2006 (May 9. No 26 1) rules on benefits and compensation and benefits and compensation arrangements for the soldiers who shall perform the duties outside the State, in accordance with the military service act article 50 the second part i. General questions 1. determine the benefits and compensation levels (according to the specific conditions of employment) and allowances and compensation arrangements for the soldiers who shall perform the duties outside the country.
2. A soldier for such benefits and compensation: salary allowance of 2.1 services abroad;
2.2. benefits for the spouses stay in a foreign country;
2.3. the allowance for a child stay in a foreign country;
2.4. the allowance for the purchase of household equipment, moving to the place of employment abroad;
2.5. benefits the service needs to be used to cover the costs of transport;
2.6. the apartment lease expense, including the conclusion of apartment lease costs, and utility expense compensation;
2.7. children of school and preschool educational reimbursements;
2.8. full refund of travel and removal expenses (going to the service location and return from it);
2.9. compensation for expenses of health insurance and insurance against accidents, as well as compensation for the expenses of the members of the family health insurance and insurance against accidents related to health damage (up to 1800 dollars a year for each person). In each case a specific amount of compensation is determined by the Minister of defence;
2.10. full compensation for soldiers and their family members to cover travel expenses annually going on annual leave Latvia and return to service.
3. Salary benefits for service in a foreign country, the benefits of a spouse's residence in a foreign country and benefit for the children's stay in a foreign country shall be determined in accordance with the provisions of annex 1, according to the official site of specific circumstances, multiplying the benefits with the relevant national cost of living factor (annex 2).
4. The sending institution benefits and compensation transferred to the soldier's personal account specified in the credit institution. Apartment rent and utilities expense compensation and children school and preschool educational expense compensation shall be paid in accordance with the level of expenditure and payment of supporting source documents (for example, cheques, vouchers, contracts with the school), to a maximum of 3 of these regulations the amount of compensation set out in the annex. Compensation for expenses of a soldier and his family health insurance and insurance against accidents shall be transferred in accordance with the signed agreement and payment of supporting source documents (for example, cheques, payment orders), up to 2.9. these provisions in the amount of compensation fixed.
5. Soldier compensated for personal property shipping costs (no more than one m3 or 20 feet container 33.2), going to the place and coming back from it.
6. This rule 2.8 and 2.10. referred to in travel expenses to compensate for the soldiers on the basis of the documents submitted certifying the expense. If the soldier uses the plane, travel expenses compensated up to flight economy class prices.
II. Salary allowance for service abroad 7. Salary allowance for service in a foreign country is determined according to the soldier rank, starting with the first day, when he entered the service of the site, to perform their duties, but not earlier than the date of the removal of the established order. Salary allowance paid by the end of the day, when you leave the service, but not later than the date laid down in the removal order. Salary allowance shall not be paid for the time when a soldier assigned to leave without saving the monthly salary.
8. the amount specified in the year divided by twelve and salary allowance shall be paid monthly.
III. Benefits for spouse and foreign residence allowances for children's stay abroad 9. Allowance for the spouse's residence in a foreign country and benefit for the children's stay in a foreign country the soldier starts to get through the first day, when they come to the place. The amount specified in the year divided by 12, and the allowance shall be paid monthly.
10. A soldier's spouse and children can stay in the place permanently or periodically. The spouses and children of permanent residence is considered to be when their absence outside the place of business in any calendar year shall not exceed 90 days, including soldiers leave.
11. Allowance for children stay in a foreign country soldier paid until the child reaches 18 years of age (if the secondary education is obtained) or secondary education (if 18 years have been achieved before the acquisition of secondary education), if the secondary education institution located in the place of business in the country.
12. If the spouse and the children place the service maintains permanent, benefit for the stay in a foreign country and the spouse allowance for children's stay abroad a soldier receives for the same period for which you receive salary allowance.
13. If a spouse instead of staying in the service periodically, the soldier does not receive benefit for a spouse's residence.
14. If the children reside in the place constantly, a soldier receives the benefit of the child's actual residence time.
15. If the spouse of a soldier is a soldier who serves in the same country, and they have a common domicile, the soldier does not receive benefit for legal residence in a foreign country. Allowance for children's stay in a foreign country is receiving one of the spouses.
16. If the Ministry of defence of the Republic of Latvia or its subordinated authority contracted with a military spouse employment contract for work in the same country, soldier spouse benefit for the stay in a foreign country to bear 70%. If the spouse in fixed salaries and benefits total is less than a soldier in defined benefit for legal stay abroad, the benefit is increased to those provisions laid down in annex 1.
17. A soldier is obliged to immediately notify the Department of Defense or its subordinated to the authority of cases where to stop to pay benefits for a spouse's residence abroad or benefit for the children's stay in a foreign country.
IV. the allowance for the purchase of household equipment 18. Soldiers moving to the place of employment abroad, paid a lump sum payment for the purchase of household equipment (annex 4). If a soldier to the place moves with the spouse who places staying permanently in the benefit is increased by 20%. For each of the minors, which places staying permanently in the benefit is increased by 10%.
19. household equipment purchased for the benefit remains the property of the soldiers. If the removal happens again, the household allowance shall be paid for the purchase of equipment, if between the moving date specified in the order, have passed not less than two years.
20. If the spouse of a soldier is a soldier who serves in the same country and they have a common residence allowance paid for one of the soldiers, noting in this chapter. The soldier in the payment of benefits to which the benefit according to the degree of service is higher.
21. If a soldier on his own initiative or at the service's investigation is maintained, the benefits must be repaid in the following: 21.1.100% of the time, if the removal is not year has elapsed;
21.2.40%, if the removal time has passed more than a year, but less than three years.
22. the household allowance for the purchase of equipment for the soldiers are not paid in the following cases: 22.1. If the place of business of the country to shipping have been the soldier's residence;
22.2. If a soldier on service site is moved to a time that is less than a year.
V. Benefits service needs to be used to cover the travel expenses 23. Benefit is 40 Lats per month.
24. the allowance shall not be paid to a soldier who is provided with service transport. The allowance is not paid for the vacation granted to soldiers.
Vi. Apartment lease and utility expense compensation 25. Soldiers instead of the service provided with the apartment. Apartment rentals (if the service does not provide you with an apartment or living area) and utilities expenses soldier compensated in accordance with the provisions of annex 3.
26. If the actual expenditure on housing rent and utility payments are lower than the compensation fixed in these rules, the soldier compensated for actual expenditure.
27. Apartment rental and utility costs in the amount of the compensation determined by the two people in the family. The amount of compensation shall be increased by 5% for each subsequent family member that in the place of a soldier staying permanently.
28. If a soldier or his spouse on official site of country ownership of the House or apartment in which he constantly staying and has his habitual residence, apartment rent and utilities expenses not offset.
29. If the spouse of a soldier is a soldier who serves in the same country, and they have a common domicile, the compensation referred to in this chapter shall be fixed then a soldier, that the amount of compensation according to the degree of service is higher.
30. the refund is for a furnished apartment.
31. Soldier compensated for expenses for brokerage services related to apartment rental contract was concluded, on the basis of the documents submitted, actually not more than three months of rent expense.
VII. Children of school and preschool educational expense compensation 32. Soldier compensated for children primary school, primary school, secondary school and pre-school educational expenses amounting to: 32.1. 90% — if the child attends a public educational institution or international institutions for children's educational institution, if the schools have a certain tuition fees;
32.2.60% — if the child attends a private educational institution in the country that has the opportunity to learn the State educational institution or employee of international institutions in children's education, without changing the previous language of instruction;
32.3.90% — if the child attends a private educational institution, therefore, to be able to continue their education in a language which he learned the soldiers the previous place of employment, or Latvia, or private school where one of the soldiers learning for children;
32.4. in accordance with rule 32.1, 32.2 this.. and section 32.3. — preparatory class expenses, if the child reached the age of five.
33. Expenditure on children's preschool educational institution 90% is compensated on the basis of the written submissions and the costs of supporting documents, if the spouses are soldiers and carry out duties in the same country and they have a common residence or place of employment of children only with one of the parents.
34. The school of choice accepts and the decision on the reimbursement of expenses of the school adopted the head of the sending institution, based on a written outline of the situation of the soldiers, and training expenses of supporting documents.
VIII. Closing questions 35. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet of Ministers of 28 December 2004 Regulation No 1072 "rules on allowances and compensation for soldiers who are performing official duties outside the country" (Latvian journal, 2004, nr. 210).
36. The Department of Defense each year up to December 31, submit to the Cabinet of Ministers proposals on cost of living factors in the countries concerned and benefits according to the Defense Ministry for the national budget.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Defense Minister a. Slakter the Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions to 13 May 2006.
1. the annex to Cabinet on May 9, 2006, regulations no 365 Soldiers wage allowance, allowance for the stay abroad and spouse allowance for children stay in a foreign country (year) no PO box
Rank Salary allowance (lat) allowance for legal stay in a foreign country (lat) allowance for children's stay in a foreign country (lat) up to 12 g.
of the 12 g.
1. the composition of the Higher Officer soldier 17000 6000 2400 2700 2.
Senior officers of the soldier 2.1.
the Colonel, Lieutenant Colonel (Navy-Marine Captain, komandkaptein) 15200 5300 2400 2700 2.2.
the major (Navy-komandleitnant) 14200 4900 2400 2700 3.
The composition of the younger officer soldier 3.1.
the captain (Navy-kapteiņleitnant) 13000 4500 2400 2700 3.2.
first a 13000 4500 2400 2700 3.3.
Lieutenant 12000 4200 2400 2700 4.
The composition of the soldier instructor 4.1.
the highest instructor 12000 4200 2400 2700 4.2.
senior instructor, junior instructor 11500 4000 2400 2700 Defense Minister a. Slakter 2. Annex cabinet may 9 2006, regulations no 365 cost of living factors no PO box
The national cost of living factor 1.
United States (New York) in 1.05 2.
United States (except New York) 1.00 3.
4. in 1.05 Austria
0.80 Belarus 5.
1.00 Belgium 6.
Bulgaria 0.75 7.
Czech Republic 8 0.90.
1.30 Denmark 9.
10. in 1.05 France
0.90 Greece 11.
0.80 Estonia 12.
1.00 Italy 13.
Israel 0.95 14.
1.10 Ireland 15.
0.85 Canada 16.
0.90 Kazakhstan 17.
Russian Federation (Moscow) 1.00 18.
Russian Federation (St. Petersburg) 1.00 19.
The Russian Federation (except Moscow and St. Petersburg) 0.80 20.
People's Republic of China 21 0.85.
22 in 1.05 United Kingdom.
0.80 Lithuania 23.
24. in 1.05 Netherlands
Norway 25 1.30.
0.80 Poland 26.
Portugal 27 0.90.
Romania 28 0.50.
Finland 29 1.15.
0.95 Spain 30.
Switzerland 1.15 31.
0.80 Turkey 32.
Ukraine 33 0.90.
Hungary 34 0.90.
35. Uzbekistan 0.90
1.00 Germany 36.
1.10 Sweden Defense Minister a. Slakter 3. attachment cabinet may 9 2006, regulations no 365 apartments to rent and utility expense allowance (per year) no PO box
National instructor of composition soldiers (lat) consists of younger officer soldier (lat) senior officers of the soldier (lat) the highest officer of the soldier (lat) 1.
United States (New York) 2.2 15100 18120 20385 30200 United States (except New York) 13000 15600 17550 25900 3.
Austria 10800 12960 14580 16200 4.
Belarus 5400 6480 7290 8100 5.
Belgium 10800 12960 14580 21600 6.
Bulgaria 7600 9120 10260 11400 7.
8600 10320 11610 12900 8 Czech Republic.
11900 14280 16065 17850 9 Denmark.
France (Paris) 13000 15600 17550 19500 10.
France (except Paris) 10800 12960 14580 16200 11.
10800 12960 14580 16200 12 Greece.
Estonia 7600 9120 10260 11400 13.
10800 12960 14580 16200 14 Italy.
Israel 13000 15600 17550 19500 15.
13000 15600 17550 19500 16 Ireland.
Canada 9700 11640 13095 14550 17.
Kazakhstan 6500 7800 8775 9750 18.
Russian Federation (Moscow) 10800 12960 14580 16200 19.
The Russian Federation (except Moscow) 6500 7800 8775 9750 20.
People's Republic of China 17300 20760 23355 25950 21.
14000 16800 18900 21000 22 United Kingdom.
7600 9120 10260 11400 23 Lithuania.
11900 14280 16065 17850 24 Netherlands.
13000 15600 17550 19500 25 Norway.
7600 9120 10260 11400 26 Poland.
Portugal 9700 11640 13095 14550 27.
7600 9120 10260 11400 28 Romania.
11900 14280 16065 17850 29 Finland.
10800 12960 14580 16200 30 Spain.
13000 15600 17550 19500 31 Switzerland.
10800 12960 14580 16200 32 Turkey.
Ukraine 7600 9120 10260 11400 33.
8600 10320 11610 12900 34 Hungary.
Uzbekistan 5400 6480 7290 8100 35.
Germany (Berlin), 10800 12960 14580 16200 36.
Germany (excluding Berlin) 10250 12300 13837 15375 37.
11900 14280 16065 17850 Sweden Defense Minister a. Slakter 4. Annex cabinet may 9 2006, regulations no 365 benefit for purchasing household inventory 1.
The highest officer of the Warrior LVL 800 2.
Senior officers of the Warrior LVL 750 3.
The composition of the younger officer soldier 700 LVL 4.
The composition of the soldier instructor 600 late Defense Minister a. Slakter States
Search Translated Laws of Latvia