Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/134963
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 384 of 2006 in Riga on May 9 (Mon. No 26 49) forest Advisory Council regulation Issued pursuant to the public administration facilities of article 13 of the law i. General questions 1. Forest Advisory Council (hereinafter Council) is a consultative and coordinating body whose objective is to promote balanced forest sector policy making and implementation in Latvia.
2. The decisions of the Council's recommendations.
II. the Council functions, tasks and rights 3. The Council has the following functions: 3.1 to participate Latvian and international forest sector policy development and implementation;
3.2. to explore public opinion on forests and the forest sector development essential questions;
3.3. to assess the impact on other areas of the forest sector in Latvia;
3.4. to participate in the identification of national interests relating to the European Union's draft legislative provisions the forest sector;
3.5. promoting the development of the forestry sector and the competitiveness of Latvian entrepreneurs between folksy market;
3.6. to ensure the transparency of the forest sector vital in solving problems.
4. the Council shall have the following tasks: 4.1 in accordance with the firm's forest industry interests and to make recommendations on matters related to the forest sector;
4.2. the institution of the country and forest industry stakeholders views on the implementation of the forest policy;
4.3 according to the competency assessment of Latvia, European Union and international law projects;
4.4. providing informative links between forest industry non-governmental organizations and the Ministry of agriculture;
4.5. in accordance with the competency to provide proposals to develop the national forest sector institutions and non-governmental organizations;
4.6. to give proposals on the European Union structural funds and State AIDS to the receipt of the distribution principles and conditions.
5. the Council shall have the following rights: 5.1. get acquainted with the Ministry of agriculture and other government institutions to prepare legislation projects and forest sector policy planning document binding;
5.2. request from the Ministry of agriculture and other State bodies for the activities of the Council the necessary information;
5.3. recommend to the Ministry of agriculture sectoral advisory councils on matters relating to several Ministry of agriculture enabling industries: agriculture, fisheries, forestry;
5.4. to propose a reward for significant contribution to the development of the Latvian forest industry in the people who work in the forest sector.
III. composition of the Council and its formation conditions 6. Council: Minister of agriculture; 6.1.
6.2. the four representatives from the forest owner or Manager of interest groups, including two private forest owners or managers and two public forest (State and local);
6.3. the four representatives from the industry, interest groups;
6.4. one representative of the value of forest wood not managers interest group;
6.5. three representatives from the forest management service provider interest group;
6.6. three representatives from the environment and conservation interest groups;
6.7. one representative of the workers ' interests.
7. This rule 6.2, 6.3, 6.4, 6.5, 6.6 and 6.7 in the interest groups that consists of one or more associations and institutions representing forest owners and managers, not industry, forest timber value managers, forest management services, environmental and nature protection as well as the interests of the workers.
8. the Council participates in an advisory capacity: 8.1. one representative of the forest and forest products research organizations (research group);
8.2. one representative of the professional and higher education organizations (further-education group);
8.3. the local authorized representative of the Union;
8.4. The Ministry of agriculture and the national forest service.
9. Research and education group, the group consists of public institutions, associations and foundations, representing the forest and forest product research, as well as vocational and higher education.
10. The forestry and forestry associations and foundations, as well as forest and forest product research, vocational and higher education institutions (hereinafter referred to as the Organization) their actions this rule 6.2, 6.3, 6.4, 6.5, 6.6 and 6.7. bottom point of interest groups referred to as well as research and education group in the group by the Ministry of agriculture application for inclusion in the list of these groups (hereinafter list).
11. in accordance with the operational objectives of the organisation may operate in several interest groups, as well as in research or education group. The organization noted that the application referred to in paragraph 10.
12. Interest, scientific research and education groups of the organisations on the list, as well as the Union of Latvian municipalities annually nominated its representatives to work according to this provision the Council 6 and 8 for the stated mission.
13. Interest, scientific research and education group in the nomination of the representatives of the meeting shall be submitted to the Secretariat of the Council.
14. The members of the Council personnel and persons entitled to replace the members of the Council authorised their absence on the basis of the interest group, once a year the mandate approved by the Minister of agriculture.
15. the Advisory Council personnel and persons entitled to replace their Plenipotentiaries advisers the absence, on the basis of the research groups, educational groups, as well as on the mandate of the municipal Union of Latvia, once a year the Minister of agriculture.
16. the approved term of Office of representatives shall be one year after the approval of the Council's mission.
IV. activities of the Council 17. The President of the Council is the Minister of agriculture. Chairman of the Council, except in the absence of his duties delegated to the Minister of Agriculture Ministry of agriculture representative.
18. the Council are valid if they are sitting on more than half of the Board members.
19. The Council meets at least once every quarter.
20. the decision of the Council to convene an emergency meeting of Agriculture Ministers adopted on its own initiative or if requested in writing not less than two representatives of interest groups.
21. the proposals for consideration during the current session of the Council issues and the issues to be dealt with in documents or document projects or Advisory Council members shall be submitted in writing to the Secretariat at least two weeks before the Council meeting.
22. The Council meeting materials no later than 10 days before the meeting shall be sent electronically to all the organisations on the list.
23. the Council meetings are open to the public. Information about the Council and its agenda 10 days before the hearing placed the Ministry of Agriculture website on the internet.
24. the Council decision shall be adopted by the Council, subject to the principle of consensus or an open vote, if consensus is reached. If the vote splits equal, the Chairman of the Board shall have a casting vote.
25. the minutes of the Council. The Council decision shall be recorded in minutes.
26. the functions of the Secretariat of the Council to fulfil the Ministry of agriculture.
27. The secretariat of the Council shall have the following tasks: 27.1. sort and maintain a list, make it available to the Ministry of Agriculture website on the internet;
27.2. to provide technical work of the Council;
16.3. to assemble the members of the Council and the Advisory Council's proposals for the agenda to include issues, as well as preparing draft documents to the Council meetings;
27.4. to ensure the conduct of sittings of the Council, prepare a Council meeting agenda, record the sessions participants (members of the Council of advisers and outside persons), to record the sessions of the Council;
27.5. to follow the implementation of the decision of the Council and regularly inform the Council;
17.1. within five working days after the meeting of the Council to prepare and electronically send the minutes of the proceedings of all the Council members. The agreed minutes approved by the next Council meeting;
17.2. once a year, prepare a report on the work of the Council (report in the Ministry of Agriculture website on the internet).
Prime Minister a. farming Minister kalvītis, Minister for the environment r. vējonis Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions to 17 May 2006.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia