Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/135251
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 383 in Riga 2006 (May 9. No 26 48) the Latvian Science Council regulation Issued pursuant to the law of scientific activities article 14, first subparagraph, (I) General questions 1. Latvian Science Council (hereinafter Council) is a collegiate body of scientists. The Council is the Ministry of education and science in direct supervision of the regulatory authority.
2. the activities of the Council's objective is to contribute to the development of science and technology policy development and implementation in Latvia.
II. the Council tasks, competences and rights 3. Council competencies and rights laid down in the law, scientific activities.
4. the Council shall have the following tasks: 4.1 prepare the Minister of education and science proposals on State policy priorities in the development of scientific activities, as well as on the State of development of science and technology policy issues;
4.2. promoting a unified national policy in science, research and innovation;
4.3. to evaluate the proposals and recommendations of the scientific activities of the regulatory system and the laws and to provide to the Minister of education and science the proposal and the recommendation, as well as proposals for amendments to the appropriate majiem scientific operations system regulatory laws;
4.4. preparing proposals for scientific activities and efficiency criteria of quality scientific projects, programmes and assessment of doctoral studies and submit them to the Minister of education and science;
4.5. to evaluate the scientific activity and its financial support for scientific institutions, to provide advice on national scientific Institute, the reorganisation and winding up and prepare proposals to submit to the Minister of education and science;
4.6. examine and provide proposals for the renewal of the scientific infrastructure, maintenance and rational use;
4.7. to participate in the national program of research, market oriented research and other Government ordered studies program goals and objectives;
4.8. develop methodologies and split the Council action means in fundamental and applied research funding through the science industries and industry groups, as well as to decide on fundamental and applied research financing from the State budget allocated to the Council;
4.9. make scientific expertise, to create a Commission of experts and the expert groups for all types of scientific activities of project and programme execution of applications and their assessment of the results, including national research programmes, market-oriented and administrative authorities ordered research projects;
4.10 split from the State budget funds for all types of research projects and other programs that are partly or fully financed from the scientific activity in the national budget;
4.11 to designate experts from the Council's database of experts competing proposals for a uniform set of evaluation activities, as well as scientific projects, programmes and institutions working for the evaluation of the results;
4.12. to build and maintain of the Council assigned to the State budget-funded research projects and programmes, as well as the technology transfer project application and review database;
4.13. the assessment of the State budget-funded scientific activities results of projects and programmes, prepare and publish (also insert Council website on the internet) an overview of the development of scientific activities in Latvia;
4.14. to establish and maintain a database of experts of the Council of scientific sectors and subsectors, as well as to ensure its availability;
4.15. the Ministry of education and science in the task of preparing proposals for participation, as well as to provide proposals to the Ministry of education and science of the Latvian delegation of representatives of the scientists of the multilateral international cooperation program committees, as well as international organizations that work in the management of the scientific activity and scientific policy making;
4.16. develop and publish the scientific conduct of the action;
4. put the name of the Council closed the international research projects;
4.18. to prepare proposals for the classification of scientific development;
4.19. develop and implement in practice the principle of the prevention of conflicts of interest and project programme of inspection;
4.20. evaluate and make suggestions about the availability of collateral between the Tau international scientific information resources, processes, including scientific literature, and Alec change resources;
4.21. the coordination of the European Union and international research and technology development programmes in Latvia;
4.22. the study implemented in Latvia to ensure visibility and to promote public understanding of the role of science in sustainable development of Latvia;
4.23. perform other scientific operations regulatory legislation in certain assignments.
III. structure of the Council 5. The work of the Council chaired by the President of the Council. The President of the Council shall ensure the implementation of the functions of the Council. The President's Deputy of the Council.
6. the President of the Council shall carry out the installation of the public administration Act direct authorities managerial functions.
7. The members of the Council are subject to the President of the Council by Council action only related area.
8. The Council's Commission of experts, which create and work regulations.
IV. Activities of the Council of 9. The first session of the Council after its approval of the composition of the Cabinet of Ministers convened by the Minister of education and science. The first meeting of the Council shall elect its Chairman and his Deputy. The President of the Council shall approve Minister of education and science.
10. The Council meets once a month, or more often, if needed, and they are open to the public. The Council shall be convened by the President of the Council, or Council of three deputy members.
11. the Council decision shall be adopted by a simple majority, a vote. The vote by secret ballot can take place at the request of at least three members of the Council. If the vote splits equal, the Chairman of the Board shall have a casting vote.
12. the work of the Council in an advisory capacity may invite relevant experts of the scientific activities, as well as representatives of the public authorities and other persons.
13. when taking decisions and providing expert opinions, the Council has the right to a separate issue for decision by the Commission of experts to include in the composition of economic or public administration specialists.
14. when taking decisions and providing expert opinions, the Council did not allow conflict of interest situation.
15. the Council decision shall be published in the newspaper "scientific journal" and the Council's website on the internet. Council decisions on the research project calls for proposals shall be published in the newspapers "journal".
V. Council Office is the Office of the Council of 16 departments, the establishment of a Council President.
17. the Office supports the work of the Council. The Office shall be headed by a Director.
Vi. financial resources of the Council 18. Council financial resources: 18.1. national budget allocations from the general revenue;
18.2. foreign financial help;
18.3. donations and gifts;
18.4. the Council provided revenue for paid services and other revenue.
19. The remuneration of the members of the Council, the members of the Commission of experts, the experts and the Office's employees shall be determined in accordance with the laws and regulations governing pay arrangements.
VII. activities of the Council of Justice and reporting 20. actual action of the Council of the administrative procedure, in the cases stipulated by law may be challenged by the Ministry of education and science. The Ministry of education and science of the decision of the administrative procedure law may appeal to the Court. Council decisions can be appealed in court.
21. the Council regulations in accordance with the procedure laid down by the Ministry of education and science provides a statement of the Council's functions and the Council allocated funds to the State budget. The Minister of education and science has the right at any time to request a review of the Council's activities.
Prime Minister a. Halloween, Minister of education and science Rivž B Note: the wording of the entry into force of the provisions by 19 May 2006.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia