Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/135941
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 345 in Riga, 2006 April 25 (Mon. No 24 63) of fundamental and applied research project evaluation and funding arrangements issued in accordance with rule 34 of the scientific activities of the third paragraph of article i. General questions 1. establish procedures for submitting, rated and financed fundamental and applied research projects (hereinafter the project).
2. Projects financed from the current year approved the State budget for the provision of scientific activities.
3. The implementation of the project no longer than four years. Project funding is allocated to the period for which the duration does not exceed the national budget planning period.
4. study themes, objectives and targets defined by scientists. The scientist who takes control of the project and, if the application will be granted funding, project management (hereinafter the applicant) is responsible for his own and other parties involved in the project activities according to the rules of scientific ethics. The applicant is responsible for the project's scientific progress in the timely submission of documentation describes these rules.
5. the funds allocated for the implementation of projects in the register of registered scientific institutions institutions. Institutions are responsible for project finance and targeted use of project implementation. The institution provides funds for maintaining the infrastructure needed for the implementation of the project. The institution is responsible for the operation of the supervisor under the legislation.
II. the submission and evaluation of the project 6. Project tender issued by the Latvian Science Council (hereinafter Council) Latvian newspaper "journal", the newspaper "scientific journal" and other media, as well as the Council's website and the Ministry of education and Science website on the internet.
7. in the current year To 1 September, scientists presented the Council next year project submission (annex 1) in triplicate. The application shall also be submitted in electronic form in accordance with the procedure laid down by the Council, in order to protect your information from the modification or distortion. The project application, the applicant indicates the scientific institutions of Latvia, which is intended to implement the project.
8. application of the project after its registration and administrative of the conformity assessment Board shall transmit to the appropriate scientific expert Commission (hereinafter the Commission). The Commission will select experts (experts from Council databases) project evaluation. Experts have given scientists working in the field of science, which certify qualifications of scientific publications and an active activity projects or research programs.
9. application of the project assessed at least three experts. If the project between the sectoral studies, assessed at least four experts.
10. Assessing the project submissions, the expert must not come into conflict of interest (such as expert and his coauthors may not participate in the preparation of the project being assessed, or performance), and expert it is certified by the signature of the expert review form (annex 2). With the expert concluded the company's contract provide for the responsibility that arises if the expert does not follow the signed receipt, as well as providing for liquidated damages in the amount of the remuneration.
11. the experts will assess the project submissions, determines compliance with fundamental research, applied research and fill in the form of expert assessment form (annex 2). The form shall be submitted to the Commission.
12. Fundamental research (experimental and theoretical work, the aim of which is to acquire new knowledge of the nature of the phenomenon and observe the facts without any special purpose the practical use) projects experts judged by the following criteria: 12.1. anticipated results of scientific importance;
12.2. the project in the scientific quality of the application;
12.3. the experience of the participants of the project;
12.4. the project implementing logistical support;
12.5. the requested justification of the financial resources.
13. Applied Research (experimental and theoretical work, the aim of which is to scientific ideas and achievements database to create the new developments and technology or optimizing existing technology) projects experts judged by the following criteria: 13.1 the scientific significance of the expected results;
13.2. the expected results of practical significance in the economy;
13.3. submission of the project's scientific quality;
13.4. project experience;
13.5. the project implementing logistical support;
13.6. the requested justification of the financial resources.
14. in the light of all the information available to him on the study of development in Latvia and other countries, the expert assessed the expected results of the project scientific significance: 8.8. project objectives and tasks of scientific events;
14.2. data on the implementation of similar projects and its results;
14.3. planned results create new value in the science sector.
15. in the light of all the information available to him on the economy, the environment and the health, education and the needs of the cultural sector in Latvia and other countries, the expert assessed the expected results of the project the importance of practice by: 15.1. planned results for practical use;
15.2. data on the implementation of similar projects and its results;
15.3. the result of the direct or indirect impact on the Latvian economy, the environment and the health, education and cultural development of the sector.
16. the submission of the project scientific quality expert judged by the information supplied in the application, taking into account, if the project is: 16.1. clear achievable goal, which matches the design competition priorities;
16.2. clearly defined tasks at work and an action plan for their implementation;
16.3. the chosen working methods, which correspond and are used effectively to achieve the project's goals and tasks;
16.4. the intended implementation of alternative work options;
16.5. the result to be achieved and certain quantifiable values;
16.6. wide enough to display the links with other projects and research programs involving the applicant and their representative scientific institution;
10.4. the reasonable travel, conferences or meetings of the focus and relevance of the planned tasks.
17. the project participants ' scientific knowledge the expert judged by information contained in the application project and add the artist history descriptions (CV), taking into account: 17.1. driving scientific qualifications which features: 17.1.1. scientific works published, patents, license;
17.1.2. manage projects, thesis and thesis;
17.1.3. experience in the management of collective scientific, scientific management and promotion;
17.1.4. participation in scientific bodies, international cooperation;
17.2. the main performers (scientists who have confirmed their willingness to participate in the implementation of the project), which describes qualifications: 17.2.1. published scientific works, patents, licenses obtained;
17.2.2. experience in the implementation of research projects, thesis and master's-led;
17.3. the main technical skills of the performer which features: 17.3.1. practices for project execution requires efficient and high quality of the equipment;
17.3.2. technical qualification improvement of supporting documents;
17.4. the participation of young scientists of the project implementation, which features: 17.4.1. doctoral program students involved;
17.4.2. the master's program students involved.
18. When assessing the project manager and the scientific qualifications of the expert describes her publication quality, subject to the following criteria: 18.1. publications (patents) have gained prominence in the international scientific, they discussed and reviewed international scientific periodicals;
18.2. publications have gained prominence in the international scientific, they quoted other scientific institutions, scientific works, sold licences;
18.3. scientific monographs and articles are available to the international scientific, information about them can be found between the folksy common databases;
18.4. reviewed scientific monographs and articles are available in the scientific movement in Latvia, as well as all kinds of conference abstracts;
18.5. other scientific and popular science publications project reports.
19. project execution logistic security expert judged by the information supplied in the application, taking into account the following: 19.1. implementing the project are eligible to take the planned research;
19.2. for the implementation of the project or their representative scientific institutions have scientific equipment needed for the project, or is this hardware may be used in other scientific authorities;
19.3. contracts have been concluded on cooperation in the implementation of the project between several scientific institutions in Latvia or between Latvian and foreign scientific institutions or those agreements have to be concluded;
19.4. the project uses a unique scientific equipment, thereby contributing to the improvement of the scientific infrastructure investment efficiency;
19.5. scientific institutions in 3-d infrastructure complies with the conditions of implementation of the project;
12.2. the project promoters are available sources of scientific information necessary for the implementation of the project.
20. the financial resources Required and their use efficiency expert judged by information contained in the project, taking into account the following: 20.1. the estimate for the project is transparent and in sufficient detail;
20.2. the required cost is adequate for planned tasks;
20.3. the costs are proportionate to the uzskaitāmaj future values.
21. each of the provisions of this paragraph 12 or 13 of the benchmarks, the expert assessed, taking into account the 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20 of the indicators. Rating is five points system as "excellent" (5), "very good" (4) "OK" (3) "satisfactory" (2) or "unsatisfactory" (1). Comment the expert based his assessment (annex 2).
22. project submissions below assessed only if: 22.1. a project has a definite goal, to be achieved with specific tasks and the results, for the scientific quality of submissions has acquired at least 3.5 points each expert assessment;
22.2. the expected results of the scientific significance of fundamental research or on expected results of practical significance in the economy applied research application has won at least three points of each expert's assessment.
23. The experts after coordination with the Commission, has the right to a one time request from the applicant additional information necessary for the evaluation of the application.
24. The Commission, after receiving the expert rating: 24.1. project application comparative analysis, then compute the average rating for each project submission and submissions when drawing up the list by the average number of points obtained in descending order within each industry sector;
24.2. What are assisted and non-assisted projects, subject to the Council in certain proportions of funding by the Commission in the field of competence of existing science sectors and sub-sectors;
24.3. recommends that each project funding for the current year (or a percentage of the total funding of the Commission of experts);
15.2. shall prepare and submit to the Council an opinion on the projects submitted.
25. the project evaluation by external experts in the application after the recommendations of the Commission of experts can meet to agree on the project after a discussion of the assessment of the application, if some expert ratings differ by more than 50 percent.
III. Project financing 26. the Council within one month from the date of submission of the application, shall take a decision on the financing of the project or the refusal of funding, which, together with the opinion of the Commission, which includes a summary of the expert evaluation, send the project applicant. If the applicant is a project to private persons, the decision presented as administrative acts, which can appeal against the legislation in a fixed order.
27. after the adoption of the decision on financing, the Council concluded on the execution of the project by the project manager and the scientific institutions that undertake the project facilities and economic security (annex 3). The contract for the beneficiary of the financing of the relevant scientific institutions.
28. If the Council adopts a decision on changes in project funding, eligible contract shall, after appropriate changes in funding have made adjustments to the project (the Commission adjustments consistent with the project applicant). Changes in the project can relate to the performance of the tasks prescribed, but may not be essential to amend the project goals and change more than half of the applications listed in the main project performers.
29. the Council within one month of financing of projects supported, the list shall be published in the newspaper "journal", the newspaper "scientific journal" and other media, as well as the Council's website and the Ministry of education and Science website on the internet, indicating at least the name of the project, the project manager, as well as the amount of funding granted.
30. If the project is to be implemented over several years, project manager of the year to 1 September, submit a financial application and work plan for the following financial year.
IV. Reporting On the implementation of projects 31. provide scientific and financial reports: 31.1. scientific reports submitted at least once a year, as well as project conclusion;
31.2. the financial statements shall be submitted at least two times a year.
32. The final report of the scientific project execution time performance (annex 4) project manager, submit to the Council a month after completion of the project. The final scientific reports confirm the scientific institutions, which received project funding.
33. If the project is to be implemented over several years, along with the financial application and work plan for the next fiscal year to the current year's September 1, shall also be submitted to the scientific report (annex 4) on the execution of the project in the previous funding period.
34. the half-yearly and annual reports on the use of funding for the project, prepare a scientific institution that is implemented for the project. Reports by the project. A scientific authority of the reports submitted to the Council (annex 5) to 15 January (the previous year) and 15 July (for the first half of the current year). The Council has the right to request reports from the scientific institutions on the use of project funding also for shorter periods, but not more than four times a year.
35. on the basis of the project's scientific and financial report, the Council shall, within two months (until 15 March of the current year) prepare a report on the distant and fundamen applied research projects assigned to the national budget funds and their scientific utility and submitted to the Ministry of education and Science (two copies, as well as electronic). That report shall be published by the Council in its home page on the internet.
36. The Ministry of education and science of the rules referred to in paragraph 34 of the statement of fundamental and applied research projects assigned to the national budget funds every year until April 1, the Ministry of finance submitted.
37. the Council supports the approach of the financial utilization reports on completed research stages.
38. the Council half-yearly and annual financial statements are examined within a month of receiving it. If the Council finds that the project funds are spent on useless, it has the right to unilaterally withdraw from the Treaty.
9. the Ministry of education and science has the right, at any time, request the Council a report on the implementation of projects.
V. closing question 40. project submissions submitted to the Latvian Science Council funding before the entry into force of these regulations, examine completed in accordance with the laws in force at the date of the project.
Prime Minister a. Halloween, Minister of education and science Rivž B Note: the wording of the entry into force of the provisions to 27 May 2006.
Annex 1-5 ZIP 43 kb
Search Translated Laws of Latvia