Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/136500
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 402, Riga, 16 May 2006 (pr. No 27 of 32) State Agency "State Stands cereal breeding Institute", in accordance with the regulations issued by the public agency law 8 the third paragraph of article i. General questions 1. State Agency "State stende grain plant breeding Institute" (the Institute) is the supervision of the Minister of agriculture in the national research institution. Minister of agriculture Institute monitoring implemented with the Ministry of agriculture.
2. The Institute's aim is to create new knowledge and to develop innovative technologies that contribute to the cereal industry of Latvia sustainable development and competitiveness.
II. functions of the Institute, the tasks and rights 3. The Institute has the following functions: 3.1 carry out scientific activities and to popularize scientific achievements and other cereal farming areas;
3.2. create new agri-environment of Latvia and the requirements of manufacturers of cereal varieties and suitable to perform this maintenance of varieties and seed propagation;
3.3. ensuring cereal genetic resources protection and sustainable use;
3.4. to conduct research and to develop recommendations for sustainable, environment-friendly, a specific type of use suitable for arable farming technology;
3.5. to provide the scientific basis and independent expertise and for the maintenance of varieties of cereal sector strategies and operations;
2.2. promoting science, education and practice in integrated development of cereal, and the other concerning the agricultural sectors.
4. in order to implement certain functions, the Institute: 4.1 carry out scientific research in plant production, crop husbandry, breeding, sēklk-pīb and other agricultural sciences directions approved by the Scientific Council of the Institute;
4.2. on the basis of long-term studies acquired knowledge: 4.2.1. make recommendations on a variety of cereals and other arable crops uses of the species;
4.2.2. developing scientific basis and carried out inspection and positions of interest Latvia for cereal and concerning representation within the European Union and international organizations;
4.3. According to the legislation on the protection of genetic resources, evaluates, describes and examines the wheat, barley and oats genetic resources and promote their sustainable use;
4.4. organizes scientific conferences, seminars, exhibitions and other measures issued informative materials and scientific activities of the Institute with related areas;
4.5. participates in international scientific research projects and research Pro gramm;
4.6. by the national plant protection services or another person in order ensure crop variety evaluation of economic characteristics;
4.7 prepares and distributes the highest category arable seed varieties;
4.8. grain quality and agrochemical unit of the Institute for the analysis of indicators, grain quality and the agrochemical laboratory;
4.9. maintain and supplement the kultūrvēsturisko and bibliogrāfisko materials on the Institute and its activities, provides that access to natural and legal persons;
4.10. manage and maintain properties and the Institute of real estate.
5. the Institute functions and tasks carried out in the medium-term strategy, the current year's operating plan and budget, approved by the Minister of agriculture.
6. The Institute shall have the following rights: 6.1. to request and receive, free of charge from natural and legal persons in the performance of the tasks of the Institute the necessary information and documents;
6.2. to publish and provide information to the media about the competence of the Institute issues;
6.3. to implement the Institute's varieties of crops breeder's right;
6.4. invite experts to carry out the activities of the Institute with related tasks;
6.5. create single or permanent working groups to: 6.5.1. coordinate the activities of the Institute in the implementation of the objectives of the national and regional level;
6.5.2. a coherent agriculture, education, science, society and development of the Institute's interest in policy development and implementation;
6.5.3. promote with related activities of the Institute and the institutions concerned;
6.6. the charge for paid services provided by the Institute;
6.7. to receive donations, donations and foreign financial assistance;
6.8. to cooperate with agricultural and other industry professionals, professional associations, associations and other associations and foundations, foreign and international bodies, the CAI and ensure the exchange of information in the field of activities of the Institute;
4.3. carry out economic activities according to the scientific activities of the Institute.
III. the administration of the Institute the Institute is managed by 7 scientists collegiate institution, the Scientific Council and the Director of the Institute.
8. The Institute's Scientific Council shall be elected for five years by the general meeting of scientists of the Institute (hereinafter referred to as the Assembly). The general meeting is valid if at least two thirds of the number of scientists of the Institute. General meetings shall be convened at least once a year after the Director of the Institute, the Scientific Council on the initiative of the President or at the request of at least 10% of the scientists of the Institute.
9. the Director of the Institute for five years, the Scientific Council shall elect, but the posts approved by the Minister of agriculture. Minister of agriculture with the Director of the Institute of management contracts concluded. The Director of the Institute from the post of Minister of agriculture on its own or by the Scientific Council of the Institute.
10. The Director of the Institute headed by the Institute's work. The Director of the Institute carry out scientific activities Act, public law agencies, Government facilities, law and governance in these provisions the obligations laid down in the Treaty and function.
11. The Institute's departments up and down the competence of the Director of the Institute. The Director of the Institute can be alternates.
IV. The Institute's financial resources and assets 12. the financial resources of the Institute consists of: 12.1. State budget grant from the general revenue;
12.2. the same revenue for project, program and contract work;
12.3. the same revenue for paid service provided by the Institute and the scientific research and economic activities carried out in the production of information;
12.4. foreign financial assistance, donations and gifts.
13. the remuneration of staff of the Institute consists of: 13.1. remuneration, the employee is assigned and the amount of which is calculated in accordance with the regulations on the procedure for the base funding of the State scientific institutions and State University scientific institutes;
13.2. remuneration, in accordance with the law of the scientific activities of the Institute shall be paid from the contracts concluded in implementation of financial resources obtained and which shall be determined according to the Institute for internal wage policy, as well as on the basis of the contracts concluded by the Institute.
14. the Institute of law on budget and financial management in the order with the permission of the Minister of Finance has the right to take loans and commitments. Before the application for the permit of the Minister of finance to the transactions that the documentation prepared by the Institute with the Ministry of agriculture.
15. the Institute's way and the Institute acquired possession of the transferred assets. The Institute handles the public agency in accordance with the procedure prescribed by law.
V. activities of the Institute for Justice, security and reporting. The Institute's officials issued 16 decisions and actual action may be challenged, by submitting the application to the Director of the Institute. The Director of the Institute's decision may appeal to the Court of the administrative process of regulatory legislation.
17. The Director of the Institute of administrative acts issued and actual action may be challenged in the Ministry of agriculture. The Ministry of agriculture, may appeal to the Administrative Court in the process of regulatory legislation.
18. The Director of the Institute of management contract within the time limits and procedures shall be submitted to the Ministry of agriculture reports on management contracts, the Institute's functions and the use of financial resources.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Minister of Agriculture m. Roze Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on the 3 June 2006.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia