Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/136495
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No 423 Riga, 30 May 2006 (pr. No 30 36) custodial bodies internal rules Issued in accordance with the Penal Procedure Code of Latvia in the fifth paragraph of article 11 and article 47, the first paragraph (I). The general question 1. rules determine the custodial authority rules.
II. adoption of the convict penitentiary institution 2. A Person who is sentenced to a fine, imprisonment (convict), custodial authority adopted a keep-Assistant Chief.
3. the convict penitentiary institution recorded indicating his name and surname, person code, as well as the sentence beginning and end.
4. the convict puts custodial authority of the person holding the supporting documents and the other documents, precious metals, precious stones and articles, as well as securities goods not mentioned in the article and the list of foods that you are allowed to keep convicted, or exceeds the allowed number (quantity) (annex 1). On the transferred goods and documents drawn up Act (annex 2), signed by the convict and custodial staff of the institution, which receives the goods. Convict gets a signed copy of the legislation.
5. A custodial authority on money transfers made by the convict, record his personal money tracking map (annex 3) and the amount of money transferred to the penitentiary institution's deposit account at the Treasury.
6. place the convicted prison authorities in the reception, screening and property inspections. Screening shall be employees of the same sex.
7. at the time of Boarding at the treasure found in convicted, products and substances which are prohibited to store and which were not willingly transferred, seized and destroyed, and draw up the Act (annex 4).
8. Money that convict is not voluntary relinquishment, seized and transferred to the custodial authorities convicted the General account utilities and housing improvement.
9. Precious metals, precious stones and articles which are not voluntary relinquishment convict, seized and handed to excercise the State revenue service, according to penitentiary institutions location. Received the funds credited to the general revenue of the country.
10. This provision, paragraph 8 and 9 do not apply to minors convicted. Money, precious metals, precious stones and their products which convicted minor is not a voluntary relinquishment, transfer the minor's parents or guardian.
11. Custodial institutions hosting section, take the sentenced medical examination and sanitary processing. Convicted introduces his rights and obligations.
12. the prison administration shall ensure that the convicts launched penal or is moved to a new penitentiary institution, the ability to immediately notify the family or another person of his choice for his being in a custodial institution and its address, a statement (annex 5), inform the convicted for the opportunity to receive money transfers, shipments and contributions, as well as meet with relatives and other persons. Notice shall be given of the penitentiary institutions. If the underage person due legal guardian, appointed to the penitentiary administration statement sends the guardian and family courts concerned (pagastties). A copy of the notification shall be accompanied by the sentenced person thing.
13. the authority of a superior order created the deployment convicted in Commission determines that a custodial Department, unit and camera-convict male (taking into account the free space cameras, psychological compatibility of the convicted, educational level and health status). The Commission decision shall be recorded in the minutes (annex 6). Aliens convicted of custodial institution as sited in one language speakers in the inmates can communicate.
III. ensuring the supply and Convicted 14. Inmates wear a seasonal personal clothing or clothing with a specific pattern to a business card attached (annex 7). Business card indicates the sentenced given name, surname, year of birth, as well as the unit number. In open prisons inmates wear personal clothing, outside the prison, without a business card attached.
15. the convict, on the agenda within the time visiting the custodial authorities store, a can of personal account funds to purchase food products and items (hereinafter goods) (annex 8). Convict who served prison sentences in closed or partly closed prison sentence mode for the lowest grade, the goods can be purchased with the custodial authorities under the employees sentenced submission (annex 9).
16. If the convict is dead, convicted in a personal accounting of money map money, jewelry and personal items issued by his heirs, creating and commissioning.
IV. provision of hygiene convicted and 17 compliance with custodial authority provides convicted hygiene and sanitary processing.
18. the Convicted men short crop hair, beard and mustache. With the medical part of the permit are exceptions, if the convicted is the skull or facial trauma, which distort his appearance. Notiesātaj women short crop hair under doctor's instruction.
19. the convict at least every seven days washing, sauna or shower, change underwear and bed linen.
20. The penitentiary institution at least once a month to ensure convicted outerwear washing.
21. Notiesātaj women are available in the personal hygiene of the premises pursuant to the agenda for the convicted.
V. agenda convicted 22. Custodial institutions is determined by order of the Chief sentenced agenda.
23. Agenda includes working time and time for training, education and treatment measures, the meals, the numerical tests, daily walks, leisure time, as well as a solid eight hours of sleep.
24. the custodial authority Chief Executive set no less than once a month, check the sentenced external appearance, clothing, footwear and bedding.
25. On the agenda within the time twice a day, morning and evening, but, if necessary, other times the number convicted — check. Numerical test organised by the authorities keep-Assistant Chief.
26. the convicted who are serving prison sentences in closed and semi-closed prison sentence mode in higher grade and the average grade in open prison and correctional institution for minors, the numerically during the inspection in special places provided for inspection areas. In case of bad weather conditions in accordance with the custodial authorities supervising the Assistant Chief's decision to convict the numeric checking out accommodations. Partly closed closed the prison and the prison sentence mode for the lowest grade, fine izolatoro (in disciplinary izolatoro), as well as the reception of convicted cameras numeric checking out.
27. the convicted check location if they: 27.1. are exempt from the numerical tests according to the doctor's instructions;
27.2. resting after work shift;
27.3. in carrying out the work, which is a continuous cycle.
28. Convicts suffering from tuberculosis in the active form, the order of the day and time for the treatment of not less than two hours a day in class (walks) in the fresh air.
Vi. the convict training 29. To fulfil the tasks of bringing up convicted according to the educational activity forms — the intellectual, ethical, aesthetic, physical education and coaching, organizing individual and group parenting job measures — the practice of formal and non-formal education programs resocializācij programs, discussions and advice, sports games and applied arts lessons.
30. education involving convicted of educators, psychologists, social workers and chaplains. Convicted upbringing made when assessing each sentenced needs.
31. The penitentiary administration promotes and directs the innovation initiative of the convicted. Inmates can use personal musical instruments, materials and instruments, artistic and applied arts for the manufacture of the product, as well as other items necessary for implementation of innovation initiatives, convicted. The subject of the arrangements for storage and use is determined by the penitentiary authorities chiefs.
32. Inmates who are serving sentences in the prisons of closed and semi-closed prison sentence mode in higher grade and the average grade in open prison and correctional institution for minors, on the agenda within the time independently can attend training measures organised in a custodial institution. If convicted the sentence being served in the prison closed and partially closed the prison sentence mode for the lowest grade, the penitentiary administration to her upbringing in the event venue.
33. A custodial institution organises the moral upbringing of convicted events — lectures, discussions, negotiations, empowering of musical performances and other events.
34. Correctional actions happening in penitentiary institutions in the presence of the employee.
VII. the convicted spiritual care 35. to ensure convicted spiritual care chaplains custodial institutions organized by religious organizations for religious activities or in accordance with the laws and regulations of the chaplain service.
36. Religious organizations religious activities happening in penitentiary institutions in the presence of the employee (excluding the confession).
37. Inmates with clergy are in on the agenda within the time and in the prison administration chief.
38. the convicted who are placed in punitive powers, priest in ISO attended only by a custodial authority Chief. The presence of a representative of the Administration in these cases is mandatory.
39. The religious literature of the custodial institution is allowed to distribute to the laws concerning chaplain services to these religious organizations.
VIII. Television, radio and other personal household appliances use 40. Receiving custodial administration permission, inmates sharing premises with the cameras, the order of the day within that time you can use a personal radio, television and video games that you want to add them. Custodial institutions store purchased food preservation and preparation permitted personal refrigerators and electric water heater.
41. Expenditure on individual domestic electrical installations of electricity consumed shall be borne by the convict.
42. If a convict breaking custodial institution agenda relating to television, radio or other personal use of household appliances, the penitentiary administration is entitled to a period of up to two months to remove the personal household appliances and put into storage warehouse custodial institutions.
IX. rules of conduct convicted 43. Those convicted have the right to: 43.1. store items and food products the rules set out in annex 1 of the assortment and quantity;
43.2. recourse to custodial institutions administration with oral or written submission. The application, been convicted of a complaint and the filing of proposals in the legislation, in accordance with the application and proposal to the management of national and local institutions;
43.3. the acceptance to penitentiary officials of the Authority set out in the agenda. Adoption register convicted sentenced making journal (annex 10). At the request of officials convicted her adopted without the presence of others.
44. Convicts are obliged to follow certain: 44.1. the agenda;
44.2. gently treat the custodial authority property;
27.5. maintaining order in the living space, sharing space and workplaces to observe personal hygiene. Inmates who are serving sentences of imprisonment institutions, cleaning up the camera within the lines;
27.6. from lifting up to bed to keep her bed under a custodial institution single specimen;
44.5. getting the penitentiary administration permission to use the personal household appliances;
27.7. be polite when interacting with other convicts, Administration representatives and visitors, confronted by a custodial institution employees or officials, prison visits, greet them standing up, talking with "you" and use the word "Lord" ("Lady"). If convicted the camera visits the penitentiary administration, inmates in the specified location, position and camera guard reported the number convicted in the camera;
27.8. the penitentiary administration instructions to submit the required medical investigations and vaccination;
27.8. using the product immediately after receipt of the penitentiary institutions in the presence of the employee;
27.9. run custodial staff of the institution of the legal requirements;
44.10. to submit to the test, to establish whether or not used alcohol, narcotic drugs or psychotropic substances.
45. Those convicted are banned: 45.1. arbitrarily leave their divisions (the circuit);
45.2. arbitrarily located objects or areas where inmates do not work or reside;
45.3. buy, make, use, or store the products and substances in the custodial institution is prohibited;
28.2. no smoking allowed;
28.3. Dispose or return to use other personal gear, products or substances, as well as purchased or loaned them from others;
45.6. play table or other games to gain material or other benefit (gambling), as well as keep playing cards;
28.4. tetovē yourself or other convicted;
28.5. using explicit words;
28.5. deploy the camera images, except for photos in the frame;
45.10. obstructed his bunk to bunk, equipment, household, business or service spaces, as well as Exchange sleeping quarters with other convicts and even loose change camera equipment placements;
deliberately harm your 45.11. or the health of other convicted.
X. Contributions and the receipt of the shipment order 46. Pienesumo and consignments permitted to include items in accordance with the provisions of annex 11.
47. the transfer of equipment to the Site where the person convicted for carrying content (hereinafter referred to as the supplier of the site), you can freely enter the penitentiary administration at the specified time.
48. The rules referred to in paragraph 47 of the room should be tables, writing utensils, chairs or benches and the box, which inserts the complaints and submissions.
49. Space in the place of the relevant extracts of the laws which determine the pienesumo allowed the subject range, making arrangements for the contributions, as well as information about the person responsible for the unauthorized transfer of the subject matter.
50. The contributions of the supplier, the transfer of contributions shall also submit an application for benefits (annex 12) two copies, which puts a custodial institution, which receives the contributions.
51. The penitentiary authorities employee contributions in the presence of the supplier checks the contents of the contributions. After checking the contributions of one copy of the application shall be issued to the vendor of the contributions, and the other copy of the application to the convict after a signature of receipt of contributions. If the response includes a sealed the home appliances, it is assumed only if the supplier certifies in writing permission to remove the seals to technical inspection.
52. articles which are mentioned in annex 1 of these rules within the list or exceeds the allowed number (quantity), the contributions shall be returned to the supplier.
53. If it is found that the hidden content is placed in the pienesumo and consignments prohibited items, products and substances did not adopt. If the contributions revealed weapons, narcotic drugs or psychotropic substances, and the contributions be transferred to the national police.
54. the Convicted, who moved to a new penitentiary institution, the transfer of consignments of custodial institutions.
55. If the convicted is not entitled to receive their shipment or addressed to the convict is released, or dead, the consignment shall be returned to the sender with "Post pass" can not ", indicating the reasons.
56. The consignment is opened and examined in the presence of the convicted who post addressed.
57. removed from the consignment goods, products and substances that the penitentiary institution pienesumo and consignments are banned, adopt storage and notify the sender. If the consignor within three months the property from the custodial institution is not taken out of the warehouse, shall be drawn up for the destruction and removed things, products and substances.
58. The hidden money in the legislation shall be drawn up in the presence of the consignee. Money remitted to the applicable custodial authority account and use the utility and convicted domestic conditions.
59. If the consignment is removed from the article, which the convict could be used for criminal purposes, as well as food products are perishable, the penitentiary administration draws up legislation for their removal and destruction and these objects be destroyed. If the consignment found weapons, narcotic, psychotropic or unknown substances or medications, emergency investigation is carried out. Then the material transferred by jurisdiction.
XI. contact with convicted relatives and others 60. Meeting permit custodial authorities, on the basis of the sentenced.
61. The meeting will be determined by the penitentiary administration in accordance with the Penal Procedure Code of Latvia provides for the duration of the meeting according to the penal regime. Meeting participants meeting time may be shortened.
62. each month until the tenth date penitentiary administration prepares the long-term meeting schedule for next month. Schedule of places where inmates can get acquainted with it.
63. before the prolonged meeting visitors presented the degree of kinship of the person and the supporting documents.
64. before the prolonged meeting visitors warned about the prohibition to transfer convicted of property, products and substances which are banned in a custodial institution, and explains the different custodial institutions internal rules. If the prison authorities in violation of, see.
65. Long tryst, take the visitor's belongings and clothing and boarding. If a visitor from viewing and browsing refuses, prolonged contact is not allowed. You can replace it with a temporary meeting or telephone conversation. Expenditure on telephone covered from convicted personal account funds or from the means by which a conversation takes place.
66. during a long meeting with the convicted can stay at two adult and two minors.
67. Those convicted of being treated in the prison hospital in Latvia, enduring encounters are not allowed. Latvian prison hospital boss can allow seriously ill convicts of temporary encounters. Without such visits, including the number of the current meeting.
68. Those convicted, suffering from tuberculosis and treatment of Latvia's prison hospital, temporary permission pursuant to Latvia meets penal procedure code in my meeting count for the penal regime of custodial institution, if the referring physician.
69. Before and after encounters sentenced crawls. To see the convicted may take only hygiene and smoking accessories.
70. the prolonged meeting room visitors are allowed to bring in such items and food products that are allowed to keep those convicted, but the convict shall not be removed from the meeting room.
71. Meeting time forbidden to put convicted or visitor documents, notes, diagrams, drawings, letters and notes.
72. The first meeting of the convicted may allow the agenda within the time immediately after his transfer from the prison investigation. Subsequent encounters with the assigned interval, which is the number 12 divided by the appropriate mode of the intended meeting per year.
73. the Convicted, who transferred from another penitentiary institutions, the next meeting is to be granted, taking into account previous custodial authority granted the interview.
74. the prolonged meeting during custodial administration frees convicted of activities related to the work or education.
75. The meeting of authorization may temporarily suspend the case of natural disasters, quarantine or other exceptional circumstances.
76. not allowed to sum up the meeting time or split one encounters the time several times. End the interview continue.
77. A short meeting its members during their talks in the language you selected. If the custodial authorities, a representative of the Administration, this language can not control the content of the conversation may invite an interpreter.
78. the contributions and meet me, post tracking card (annex 13) recorded temporary and prolonged contact, as well as to determine the contributions and convicted. If sentenced to another custodial institution or released, said accounting card adds the sentenced person thing.
79. on the basis of the written submissions and the sentenced prison Chief's permission, the authorities continued meeting may be replaced by a brief interview, as well as temporary or lasting the meeting be replaced by phone calls (one interview is replaced by one of the phone calls up to 15 minutes). The costs of phone calls be covered from funds or from the convicted person means by which a conversation takes place.
XII. employment bans convicted 80. Convicted of employing prohibited: 80.1. works associated with video equipment, radiotehnik, computer equipment and communications equipment;
80.2. the seller, accountant, cashier, food and industrial goods storekeeper's work, as well as other posts relating to material liability;
49.9. positions that would be convicted under a custodial institution.
XIII. the possibility of temporarily sentenced to leave the penitentiary institution 81. the penal procedure code in the cases provided for in the custodial authority may allow the convicted boss temporarily leave the custodial authority.
82. the Convicted, which allowed temporarily to leave the penitentiary institution, issued a personal certificate (annex 14). Convict penitentiary, returning authority certificate passes the penitentiary authorities caught the Assistant Chief. Such a certificate stored in the sentenced person's case.
83. the custodial authority boss or his authorised person gives instructions on the conduct of convicted or behavior that must be followed, temporarily leaving the penitentiary authorities.
84. the custodial authority boss may for a period of up to three months to ban convicted temporarily leave the custodial authority of the territory where the convict: 84.1. without a valid reason, the custodial institution is back with a delay;
52.3. after the expiry of that period, get to a custodial institution with the custodial authorities or police escorts, and if this case does not qualify as an escape from prison;
84.3. deprivation of liberty is back in alcohol, the illicit manufacture of narcotic drugs or psychotropic substances under the influence;
84.4. temporary absence has committed administrative offences.
XIV. Encouragement and the application of disciplinary sanctions against convicted 85. Custodial Authority Chief disciplinary penalties imposed on those convicted by a written decision (annex 15).
86. On inserting sentence or sentenced in the disciplinary isolator shall record the penalty or disciplinary isolator-convict placed the tracking log (Appendix 16).
87. the convict 10 days may make a complaint to the Prosecutor or to appeal against the disciplinary measure imposed on him, the prisons administration chief.
88. Prohibition of punitive or disciplinary izolatoro is inserted in the convicted to send and receive letters do not apply to applications and complaints to the Prosecutor's Office or the prisons administration chief. At the request of his sanctioned are provided with stationary and envelopes.
89. the Convicted, which puts the penalty or disciplinary isolator, allowed to take personal hygiene accessories and one book. The book can be exchanged once a week.
90. the Convicted who violates a specific mode or disciplinary penalties may be applied in all official Latvian penal procedure code provided for disciplinary action and security measures, including repeated insertion of penalty or disciplinary isolator. The new disciplinary actions — repeated insertion in the beginning considered an insulator previous disciplinary action on the last day of the sentence.
91. The penitentiary institutions in the absence of the Chief penitentiary institutions keep-Assistant principal, order the sentenced ISO would, for a period not exceeding 64 hours, if convicted of an offence may be suspended only by inserting a sentence or sentenced in the disciplinary isolator.
XV. final question 92. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet of 19 February 2002, the Regulation No 73 "penitentiary of the internal rules" (Latvian journal, 2002, no. 32, 2003, 90; 116 no).
Prime Minister a. Halloween Justice Minister g. Grīnvald Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on the 3 June 2006.
Annex 1-16 ZIP 650 kb
Search Translated Laws of Latvia