Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/138488
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 467 in Riga, June 6, 2006 (pr. No 31 55 §) rules on the registration of the ship register of Latvia Issued in accordance with article 9 of the code of the sea in the fifth, the first paragraph of article 10 and article 27 of second part i. General questions 1. determines the State joint stock company "Latvian maritime administration" Latvian shipping register (hereinafter register of Latvian Ship) case-taking procedures, requirements for the electronic database (hereinafter register) recordable books information Register of Latvia by providing dzamo documents the ship and vessel registration renewal charges, removal and deletion of documents issued by the Latvian register of vessels, as well as determine which vessels should be considered in the construction of vessels.
2. the Latvian ship registry activities sais wound marine Codex decisions and Latvian Ship Registry issued documents signed Latvian vessel register official (hereinafter referred to as the Registrar of ships). Registrar of ships is the seal with a small picture of the Latvian National coat of arms and the inscription "Latvian ship registry" Latvian and English.
II. registry of ships and ship-handling procedures for case 3. Registering a vessel register, assign a registration number to the vessel and the vessel register entry in the book.
4. the case number is the number of registration of the vessel.
5. The construction of the vessel in course of things be kept separate registration number order.
6. The owner of the ship in writing, adding supporting documentation form changes, inform the Latvian ship registry for: 6.1. changes in the ownership of the ship;
6.2. changes of management contracts or bareboat, if the ship is registered in the register on the basis thereof;
6.3. the ship's structure or size changes;
6.4. the owner, Manager or operator of a change of address.
III. Register information entered in Books 7. Maritime Code of article 9 of the second paragraph of 1, 2, 5 and 6 above in the registry book entry of vessels: 7.1 a ship date of registration;
7.2. the vessel registration number;
7.3. the ship's name;
7.4. the previous name;
7.5. the International Maritime Organization's assigned number;
7.6. of the port;
7.7. the call sign;
7.8. the owner of the ship, the bareboat charterer or Manager;
7.9. the technical data.
8. The marine code of conduct article 9 paragraph 3 of the second paragraph of the said ship registry book entry: 8.1 the registration burden of days and hours;
8.2. the name and the registration number;
8.3. the bonds and the date and number;
8.4. details of lien holder;
8.5. tag on the mortgage assignment and its amendments;
8.6. the burden of the maturity date and the Foundation.
9. Article 9 of the code of the sea in the second subparagraph of paragraph 4 of the said ship registry book entry: 9.1. date of registration and registration number;
9.2. details of ship builders and ship's sponsor;
9.3. the vessel's construction start date and number of the building;
9.4. the ship's construction contract number and date;
9.5. the technical data.
IV. the Register documents to register the ship 10 (excluding recreational craft and fishing boats), the owner or his authorized person's register of Latvia submitted the following documents: 10.1. submission (annex 1);
10.2. the merchant copy of the registration certificate or passport copy of a natural person, the presentation of the Passport (except where the vessel is registered as a public service);
10.3. the document certifying the right of ownership (in accordance with article 16 of the code of the sea, the bareboat contract or management contract);
10.4. the notarial act drawn up in the agenda of the Board and the acceptance of the transfer Act (in accordance with the code of conduct);
10.5. the burden of the holder (if any) the written consent of the ship's registry to register information;
10.6. Maritime security legislation issued by the inspection of the technical condition and in compliance with the safety requirements of the equipment (in accordance with the laws and regulations on maritime equipment and the monitoring by the flag State of the vessels);
10.7. the tonnage of the ship a copy of the certificate;
10.8. If the ship has the radioaprīkojum, — public joint stock company "electronic communications Directorate" issued on board the station copy of the authorisation (in accordance with the electronic communications law);
10.9. If the vessel carries more than 2,000 tonnes of oil or oil products, – the owner of the document on civil liability for oil pollution damage (in accordance with the law, "the International Convention on civil liability for oil pollution damage of denunciation");
10.10. where a vessel previously registered in a foreign country, the document on the exclusion from the previous ship register or equivalent document indicating the owner of the ship off point;
10.11. If the vessel is subject to the international ship and port facility security code requirements — the previous register issued by the ship's history (continuous synopsis Record), which contains the date of exclusion;
10.12. If a ship registered to the management contract, the ownership Declaration (annex 2);
10.13. If vessels recorded on bareboat contract, — initial state information in the registry the registry permission issued by the owner of the ship. Latvian register of vessels shall inform the Board of the national registry of the original registration of a ship registration in the register of bareboat ship registry book;
10.14. the national fisheries administration's written consent to the registration of fishing vessels (in accordance with the laws and regulations on industrial fishing in the territorial waters and economic zone waters).
11. to register the vessel in course of construction, the Builder or his authorized person initiating the construction of the vessel or by contract for the construction of the ship, shall be submitted to the Latvian register submission (annex 3) and maritime safety inspections, issued approving the commencement of construction of the ship (according to the laws and regulations of the maritime administration and maritime security). The construction of recreational craft and fishing boats are not to be registered.
12. To register for recreational vessels (sailing yachts and motor yachts), the owner or his authorized person's register of Latvia submitted the following documents: 12.1. submission (annex 4) which contains the rest of the vessel provided for the purpose;
12.2. the merchant copy of the registration certificate or passport copy of a natural person, the presentation of the Passport;
12.3. a document showing ownership (in accordance with article 16 of the code of the sea or the bareboat contract);
12.4. the transfer and adoption of legislation or, in the case of new shipbuilding company issued the certificate of the vessel premises (as for Latvia to binding international law);
12.5. the burden of the holder (if any) the written consent of the recreational craft register for registration;
12.6. If the rest of the ship is not designed for use for income generation, shipping safety inspections, issued with the shipping type, technical data and shipping area category. If the owner of the registration application specified that the rest of the vessel intended to be used for income generation, submit to inspections of maritime safety or the recognized classification society issued for the technical condition and the compliance of equipment with the regulations about recreational vessel construction, assessment of conformity and placing on the market;
12.7. If rest is the radioaprīkojum ship, — public joint stock company Electronics ' electronic communications Directorate "issued on board the station copy of the authorisation (in accordance with the electronic communications law);
12.8. If a vessel previously registered in a rest abroad, the document on the horse off of the previous ship register or equivalent document indicating the owner of rest off time;
12.9. If vessels recorded on bareboat contract, — initial state information in the registry the registry permission issue, which contains the rest of the vessel's owner. Latvian shipping registry, inform the rest of the original ship registration in the national register on the registration of recreational craft register of bareboat ship registry book.
13. Registration of recreational craft register, certificate of ownership is recognized also purchase supporting document to the seller and the buyer of the property, if the rest of the vessels purchased from the Builder or the rest of the sales ship construction company.
14. A self-constructed holiday ship recorded in the register, provided that the Latvian register is submitted attesting that the construction supervised by a recognized classification society or the maritime safety inspectorate in accordance with the laws and regulations on technical surveillance.
15. to register the boat, the boat's owner or his authorized person's register of Latvia submitted the following documents: 15.1. submission (annex 5);
15.2. the merchant copy of the registration certificate or passport copy of a natural person, the presentation of the Passport;
15.3. document proving ownership (in accordance with article 16 of the code of the sea) and the adoption of a fishing boat;
15.4. the burden of the holder (if any) the written consent of the ship's registry to register information;
15.5. Maritime security legislation issued by the inspection of the technical condition and in compliance with the safety requirements of the equipment (in accordance with the laws and regulations of the marine equipment of ships);
15.6. If the fishing boat previously registered in a foreign country, documents about the horse off from the previous ship register or equivalent document indicating the owner of the fishing boat off point;
15.7.-national fisheries administration-written consent of fishing boats registration (in accordance with the laws and regulations on industrial fishing in the territorial waters and economic zone waters).
16. If this provision 10.3, or bottom point 15.3 12.3. document is Latvia, then the authenticity of the signature of the parties to it is notarized, but this rule 10.4. or the bottom paragraph 12.4. document is drawn up in notarial act. These documents shall be signed by the same person.
17. If this provision 10.3, or bottom point 15.3 12.3. document is a foreign country, then the authenticity of the signature of the parties to it is notarized, but this rule 10.4. or 12.4. document referred to is not a notarial act must be drawn up in the order.
18. To register register register a change of ownership of the vessel, as well as bareboat or management contract of the parties, in the case of the Latvian register shall submit all those rules in certain documents of registration.
19. for vessels registered in the register of registered fishing boats and recreational vessel ownership or bareboat charterer of the ship of rest, if the previous and the new owner or bareboat charterer is a natural person and the renewal takes place and the person in the presence of the Registrar, a register of Latvia shall submit the following documents: application for renewal of 19.1, signed by both parties;
19.2. submission (respectively 4 or annex 5);
19.3. passport copies showing the Passport;
19.4. the transfer and adoption of legislation, signed by both parties;
19.5. Lien holder (if any) the written consent of the pārreģistr tion;
12.2. the national fisheries administration's written consent to the change of the owner of the fishing boat in the event of change of ownership (in accordance with the legislation on industrial vajiem normat in fishing in the territorial waters and economic zone waters).
20. If the ship from the ship register in accordance with the code of the sea off the first part of article 12, the shipowner shall submit the register of Latvia: 20.1. application, indicating the reason for the exclusion. If a ship in accordance with the provisions of section 34.1. property certificate is issued, the application shall be drawn up in notarial act;
20.2. lien holders (if any) the written consent of the Board turn away;
20.3. Register of certificates issued, or newspaper "journal" published a notice that due to the shipwreck of lost documents are considered to be invalid;
20.4. a copy of the contract, if the ship is sold;
20.5. the national joint stock company "electronic communications Directorate" issued a statement that the ship removed call sign (if one has been assigned).
21. ships registered for bareboat or management contract, to the exclusion of vessel registry: 21.1. following the expiry of the registration;
21.2. after the initial registration in the national register's request, if the ship is registered on bareboat contract;
21.3. the basis of the ship's owner and the charterer of the ship or the Manager's written request;
21.4. based on the written request of the owner, if the agreement is terminated unilaterally.
22. turn off from the vessel register ship registered to the management contract, the Latvian register of vessels on Board shall inform the holder of the exclusion of the burden. Turning off the ship from the ship register of bareboat books, Latvian ship registry for the exclusion of the fact, notify the Board of the national registry of the original registration.
23. If the vessel is excluded from the register of ships without the owner, bareboat charterer or manager's consent in accordance with article 12 of the code of the sea is the third paragraph, but the ship is a burden to be excluded, and it eliminates the hassle of shipping registry without the burden of the consent of the holder, informing the holder of the apgrūt in the early stage.
24. the code of obligations under the sea for the Latvian register of vessels shall be issued to the owner a certificate of exclusion (annex 6).
25. to register the ship bond offshore code article 9 of the second paragraph of point 3 of the register referred to in the book, one of the persons who signed the bond of the ship, shall be provided to the register of Latvia: 25.1. the bond (annex 7) with the signature of notarial certification of authenticity;
15.7. If there are several owners of the ship, all the notarized consent of the owner of the vessel mortgage registration.
26. the bonds record burden of ship registry book in the order in which they are submitted. To make a copy of each of the bonds marks for registration and indicate the date and hour when the entry.
27. the mortgage, if renewed: 27.1. amended commitments provide the legal basis for the claim or a priori high;
27.2. the increased amount of secured claims;
27.3. the mortgage creditor or debtor.
28. to pārjaunot of the ship mortgage, one of the persons who signed the novation contract, submit to the Latvian register of ship mortgage application for registration for novation (annex 8) with the signature of notarial certification of authenticity.
29. the provisions of the mortgage (except this rule 28 the provisions referred to in paragraph) may be amended by a mortgage not resigned.
30. to register the amendments to the mortgage of the ship in the register of Latvia submitted an application for amendment of registration of the ship mortgage (annex 9) with the signature of notarial certification of authenticity.
31. to the assigned ship mortgage (the mortgage of the ship's ensuing claims), one of the persons who signed the Treaty of cession shall submit the application to the Latvian register of assignment of the mortgage of the ship registration (annex 10) with the signature of notarial certification of authenticity.
32. To delete a ship mortgage, the Latvian register submitted to the notarial act drawn up in order of the ship mortgage vendor application for the mortgage. Following the Act of the notary is not a permanent commitment. The novation of the ship's hip tēk in the event of a ship mortgage, which renewed, deleted pārjaunot in mortgages at the time of registration, does not represent a mortgage vendor's application for a mortgage.
V. the ship registration service of documents 33. the Registrar shall assess the documents submitted and shall decide on the registration or refusal of registration, as well as other marine Codex with Latvian ship registry operational decisions. The decision of the Registrar of the ship during the month following its adoption may challenge the administrative procedure law, submitting the application created in the national stock company Latvian maritime administration ". State joint stock company "Latvian maritime administration decision in one month can appeal to the Court of Justice of the administrative procedure law.
34. If a decision is taken on the renewal of the registration of the vessel or, then, when made with certain associated registration charges (in accordance with the code of conduct), the Latvian register of vessels shall be issued by: 34.1. property certificate (annex 11) the owner of a ship who is a legal person established in a Latvian citizen or non-citizen, or foreigner granted permanent residence in Latvia and who submits a Latvian ship registry document showing ownership in accordance with article 16 of the code of the sea. This certificate records the time of acquisition of the property and the grounds you, mortgage registration and deletion, as well as, in the case of fishing vessels — the registered lease;
21.3. the registration certificate (annex 12), if the register this rule 34.1. the bottom of the ship by the owner referred to in paragraph (except the recreational vessels and fishing boats);
21.3. the registration certificate (annex 13), if the vessels registered to the menedž puts the contract (excluding recreational craft and fishing boats);
21.4. the registration certificate (annex 14), where ships are recorded on bareboat contract (except for fishing boats);
34.5. registration certificate (annex 15), if the recorded holiday craft;
21.5. the registration certificate (annex 16), if a registered fishing boats;
21.6. temporary registration certificate (annex 17) pursuant to article 11 of the code of the sea the third part;
21.6. the flag certificate (certificate of Flag) (annex 18), if the owner complies with article 5 of the code of the sea is the third part of the said conditions;
21.7. the insurance or other financial security in respect of a licence civil liability for oil pollution damage (annex 19), if the ship complies with these regulations 10.9. the conditions referred to in subparagraph;
34.10. the historical record (continuous synopsis Record) (annex 20), if the ship is subject to the international ship and port facility security code.
35. the register of licences issued the maximum expiry period is: 21.8. registration certificate, two years;
35.2. for the registration certificate, if the ship is registered on bareboat contract, bareboat contract date;-
35.3. the provisional certificate of registration: six months;
35.4. the flag certificate (certificate of Flag), a management contract expires;
22.1. the property's license-perpetual.
36. If the rest of the vessel intended to be used for income generation, in the record of the registration certificate "for commercial use".
Vi. Duplicate issue 37. Register shall issue a duplicate document if: 37.1. documents issued have died in accidents or otherwise and this fact confirms the accident investigation, the opinion of the Commission;
37.2. the issued documents are lost, stolen, damaged or not renewable.
38. This provision, paragraph 37, in the cases referred to the owner of the ship register of Latvia submitted the application and the newspaper "Latvian journal" published a statement that lost documents are considered invalid. The notification shall specify: 38.1. name;
38.2. each lost document name;
38.3. the voucher issue time, number, and the person to whom the document was issued;
23.9. the issuing of a document;
38.5. the date from which the lost document is considered invalid.
VII. the registration of foreign vessels bareboat register 39. Latvian ships can be registered on a foreign ship in the register of bareboat contract, if this is provided for in national laws and regulations and has received the Latvian ship registry permission.
40. in order to obtain permission for registration of Latvia foreign vessels bareboat registry, the shipowner shall submit the register of Latvia: 24.9. the application for authorisation;
40.2. the foreign register, the written consent of bareboat registration;
40.3. bareboat contract or its notarized copy;
25.1. the burden of the holder (if any) written consent;
25.2. the certificates issued by the Latvian register of vessels.
41. the Board of the Latvian foreign vessels bareboat registration in the register shall be issued for a period of up to two years with an option to extend the term of its validity. During the period, while the Latvian vessel is registered in the register of foreign country, it's not bareboat entitled the flag of Latvia and other Latvian nationality.
42. If the Latvian vessel is excluded from the foreign register of bareboat, the owner shall submit to the Latvian vessel registry document showing the ship from the registry of a foreign bareboat.
VIII. Construction vessel in course of 43. For construction of the vessels: 43.1. a ship is placed into the wedge and started construction work;
43.2. the ships mounting weight of at least 50 tonnes or cover at least 1% of the estimated mass of the construction material (depending on which one is smaller).
IX. Closing questions 44. ships which are registered in the register before the date of entry into force of the provisions, save the registration documents issued until 2007 December 31.
45. Existing ships registry books until 1 July 2007 a converted to match the 22 December 2005, the amendments to the code of the sea and the rules of the annex.
46. paragraph 14 of these rules enter into force by 1 July 2007. To 30 June 2007 of the self-constructed recreational boats registered with the condition that the Latvian register is submitted that rule 12.6. referred to in the document.
Prime Minister a. Halloween traffic Minister k. Peters Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions to 29 June 2006.
The Ministry of transport submitted the annexes 1-20 ZIP 131 kb
Search Translated Laws of Latvia