Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/139502
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 479 in Riga, 13 June 2006 (pr. No 32 34 §) rules on the provision of business support projects in the framework of the Eureka programme Issued under Cabinet installations of article 14 of the law in the first part of paragraph 3 of rule 1 defines the business support conditions for the financing of projects within the Eureka program.
2. The terms used in the following terms: 2.1 supports the applicant – the company, as well as the scientific authority of the State, which is registered in the register of scientific institutions and is presented by the Ministry of education and science application for support for the implementation of the project;
2.2. the Eureka program-program of the European Union commercial corporation and the international scientific institutions, for the promotion of cooperation, to promote high technology, new, competitive product and service development and deployment.
3. Support under these rules shall be in accordance with the European Commission of 12 January 2001, Regulation (EC) No 70/2001 on the Treaty establishing the European Community and article 87.88, giving State aid to small and medium-sized enterprises, and with the European Commission on 25 February 2004, Regulation (EC) no 364/2004 amending Regulation (EC) No 70/2001 as regards the extension of its scope to include aid for research and development.
4. Financing of projects may be eligible if they meet the following criteria: 4.1 the project provide new, competitive products, technology or services;
4.2. implementation of the project at least one participant from two different Eureka Member States programmes;
4.3. the end result of the project is required to market a product, service, or technology.
5. From 2006 to 2011 for projects financed by the Latvian Government programs "Science" subprogramme "membership of the European Union's framework programme" for the current year in the State budget, which is administered by the Ministry of education and science.
6. the aid granted for the implementation of projects for small and medium sized companies that comply with the European Commission on 25 February 2004, Regulation (EC) no 364/2004 amending Regulation (EC) No 70/2001 as regards the extension of its scope to include aid for research and development, paragraph 10 of article 1 and the annex given the definition of small and medium-sized enterprises.
7. Funding the implementation of the project the national scientific institutions can provide, pursuant to Cabinet of Ministers of 17 June 2003, Regulation No 314 "minimum support accounting and allocation arrangements and minimum support accounting sample forms".
8. The aid can not log on to support the applicant that: 8.1. by a judgment rendered insolvent, including reorganisation process is located or in accordance with the information available to business register in liquidation process, or where the economic activity is terminated;
8.2. not paid taxes and other State and local government at minimum payments in full and laws within the time limits laid down.
9. About support of applicants can be any small or medium business company is a legal entity and shall comply with the following criteria: 9.1. it is registered in the commercial register;
9.2. it is directly responsible for the preparation and management of projects and project implementation does not act as a mediator;
9.3. it is available in a stable and sufficient financial resources, qualified scientific personnel and logistical support to ensure the company's continuity throughout the project implementation period.
10. To apply for aid, support for the implementation of the project, the applicant shall submit an application for aid: 10.1 receipts.
10.2. the relevant support program project application;
10.3. the business plan;
10.4. the project cost estimate calculation;
10.5. the project involved working performers list;
10.6. company's annual report for the last year;
10.7. The Republic of Latvia enterprise register a copy of the certificate;
10.8. The State revenue service certificate, which certifies that the company has no business tax liability.
11. If the applicant does not submit to 10.8. these provisions referred to in a certificate, he shall submit the consent of applicants support the letter authorising the Ministry of education and science of the said certificate to obtain the administrative procedure prescribed by law.
12. aid in the form of direct subsidy to provide industrial research, design works, as well as technical feasibility studies, if it is performed before the industrial research or design work for a single project.
13. The project is supported by the following: 13.1. project performers (the scientific staff and auxiliary staff, participating in a scientific project) pay;
13.2. the scientific equipment used in the project and equipment costs. If such instruments and equipment term for the scientific project, considered as eligible only the depreciation costs corresponding to the duration of the implementation of the research project;
13.3. with scientific projects in occupied buildings and land costs. In respect of buildings considered as eligible only the depreciation costs corresponding to the duration of the implementation of the research project. In respect of eligible costs is considered actual capital costs;
8.3. other operating expenses, including costs of materials, supplies and similar products incurred directly related to the research activities;
13.5. the patent acquisition and validation costs. Funding to cover these costs must not exceed the level of intensity of aid project intended to support the research project, which has obtained the relevant industrial property rights. Are recognized in the following eligible costs: 13.5.1. all costs before the first intellectual property rights claims submission, including the costs relating to the preparation, filing and prosecution of the application as well as costs preceding the grant of the right in the first jurisdiction;
13.5.2. translation and other costs associated with intellectual property rights, the granting or validation of the other instances.
14. the support to the applicant within one project the maximum amount of aid of the eligible cost is 91000.
15. the project maximum aid intensity of exploration costs are: 15.1. industrial research – 75%;
15.2. the design work, 50%;
15.3. technical feasibility studies – 75%.
16. where the project involves various stages of research and development, the permissible aid intensity shall be determined according to the respective permissible aid intensities weighted average value calculated in accordance with the relevant eligible costs.
17. If the joint projects, each receiving the maximum amount of aid may not exceed the permitted aid intensity, calculated on the basis of a particular beneficiary of the total of eligible expenditure.
18. The maximum aid intensity for the project apply to the total amount of aid if the beneficiary at the same time provide from national and European Union funds.
19. The aid must not be combined with other research support programs or individual aid project received support. Other research support programs or individual aid project funded costs may not support this research support program.
20. to evaluate the proposals, with the Ministry of education and science order is created by the Commission, which shall examine project applications (annex 1) and amendments to the agreements, which have already begun to implement. The Commission operates under the Minister of education and Science approved the Charter. The Commission is made up of the Ministry of education and science, Ministry of Economic Affairs and the Latvian Science Council representatives. The meetings of the Commission, to participate in an advisory capacity can the Latvian Academy of Sciences and the Latvian employers ' Confederation.
21. Each project provides scientific and economic expertise, leveraging each project evaluation of two scientific and economic experts. The Commission shall evaluate the projects according to the established criteria for the evaluation of the project (annex 2) and the month of their receipt shall take a decision on the application of the project approval or rejection. Project application support, if it meets all of the criteria (which shall be valued with a "Yes/No"), or has obtained at least 75 points out of 100 possible points (criteria, which shall be valued, giving points).
22. the project is financed by its approval of the Eureka national project coordinator of the programme for the meeting. National project coordinator in the Member State of the person nominated for the Eureka, which coordinates the project evaluation, with the other Member States of national project coordinators, to make decisions about the projects supported, supports the cooperation between the project partners and monitors the implementation of the project. After the approval of the national programme, the Eureka project coordinator of the meeting, the Ministry of education and science of the applicant concluded with the support of the implementation of the project.
23. the Ministry of education and science and support the agreement for the implementation of a project determines the content, work deadlines, project costs, reporting procedures, the project requires the execution phase in number, each stage of enforcement duties and in the amount of the costs, as well as the two parties ' rights and obligations (annex 3).
24. the project launching, the advance is paid, not exceeding 40% of the total cost of the project.
25. Support is provided by all sectoral projects except project: 25.1. military field;
25.2. related to the company's export volumes of goods distribution to the establishment and operation of the network or company running costs of export operations;
25.3. which preference is given to the use of domestic goods by limiting the use of the imported goods;
25.4. the coal industry, to which the European Council of 23 July 2002, Regulation (EC) No 1407/2002 on State aid to the coal industry.
26. before funding the project to the European Commission if it exceeds the amount of the limits in the following: 26.1. The total eligible costs of the Eureka project incurred by all companies participating in the project are at least EUR 40 million-equivalent in dollars;
26.2. to one or more of the individual companies for the gross grant equivalent of at least EUR 10 million to the equivalent in local currency.
27. The provision referred to in paragraph 26 of the projects allowed to exercise only after the European Commission decision on individual aid that the project complies with the Treaty establishing the European Community and do not distort trade conditions, contrary to the common interest.
28. in 2006, the project provided support funding is 400000.
29. the provisions in force until 31 December 2011.
Prime Minister a. Halloween, Minister of education and science Rivž B Note: the wording of the entry into force of the provisions by July 12, 2006.
The Ministry of education and science presented in annexes 1-3 versions of ZIP 35 kb
Search Translated Laws of Latvia