Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/140082
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 581 of 2006 in Riga on July 11 (Mon. No 37. § 12) market-oriented research project funding distribution order Issued in accordance with the law of scientific activity article 36 i. General questions 1. determines the order in which the Ministry of education and Science (hereinafter the Ministry), based on scientific and economic expertise, distribution finance market-oriented research projects (hereinafter the project).
2. the projects implemented by the scientific institutions registered in the register of scientific institutions (hereinafter referred to as the authority).
3. the State provides the maximum aid intensity for the project is 70 percent of the eligible costs.
4. the minimum national co-financing of the project is 20000lat, maximum: 200000 dollars. The permissible extent of co-financing is calculated from the amount of eligible costs of the project.
5. The implementation of the project no longer than three years.
6. Projects financed from the current year for the national budget.
7. The manufacturing sector financial contribution to the project is at least 30 percent of the total financing of the project, including the project promoter and the account of the periods laid down in the Treaty.
8. The project supported the following project implementation costs: 8.1 project artist salary and social tax;
8.2. the missions;
8.3. the research of hardware and equipment costs;
8.4. other expenses (such as materials, reagents, chemicals, accessories and objects), directly related to the project activities to the research activities;
8.5. the protection of intellectual property related costs;
8.6. administrative expenses (up to a total of 10procent of the total national costs);
8.7. the utility charges directly related to the project.
9. The project is not supported for the following costs: 9.1. costs incurred before and after project completion;
9.2. entertainment costs;
9.3. the marketing and advertising costs;
9.4. marketing costs;
9.5. with other project-related expenses;
9.6. construction and repair costs.
II. submission of the project and other documentation 10. Application Project (hereinafter application) filing date is every third month (counting from the beginning of the year) the last working day. If you have run out of the State budget law for the current year for the project, making the project is ended.
11. the application shall be submitted in triplicate in the Ministry. Submissions (subject, applicant, funding) are published in at least one daily newspaper, which is distributed all over the territory of Latvia, and placed in the Ministry's website on the internet. The application shall be accompanied with the following information: 11.1. scientific institutions name and address;
11.2. the name of the project;
11.3. the data for the project manager (name, position, academic degree, address of residence, workplace and residence phone number, description of the history (CV));
11.4. the data on project performers (annex 1) and the leading scientists of the history description (CV);
11.5. a brief description of the project;
11.6. project implementation time (months);
7.3. the expected end result (a list of results, the indicators of results, the project time schedule);
11.8. facilities and a brief description of the staff (qualifications, experience and incorporate the sector related to the project);
7.4. the total cost of the project a detailed listing (market oriented research features, other interested organizations, the organization name, project investment in the own funds);
11.10. the business plan;
11.11. mutually signed agreement for the manufacturing sector of interest in the use of the project results. The manufacturing sector partner interest can be demonstrated via their investment in the project.
12. the project promoter is obliged to indicate in the application for funding, which of the fundamental and applied research, or research national program funds on a similar topic has previously received or are currently receiving the project applicant, and prove that the requested and received funds are not spent at the project's financing.
III. Project inspection 13. Month of the project to the application project of the Ministry provides scientific and economic expertise. If objective reasons this time limit cannot be met, the Ministry may be renewed the administrative procedure law.
14. the scientific expertise of the project carried out by the Latvian Science Council experts. Each project is assessed by at least two experts. Scientific inspection assessed: 14.1. innovative projects;
14.2. the competitiveness of scientific ideas and novelty;
14.3. the project implementer of scientific qualifications;
14.4. experience in the subject applied for;
14.5. the results achieved from the scientific research potential;
14.6. the intention of the scientific basis for implementation;
14.7. the validity of the financial estimates, cost efficiency;
14.8. the deadlines for the implementation of the project;
9.3. the project's contribution to sustainable development, environmentally friendly technologies and solutions.
15. If the nature of the project in question does not comply with the Latvian Science Council science topics for the Commission of experts, upon inspection of the economic sectors concerned professionals.
16. Experts fill out the expert's objectivity and information non-disclosure certificate (annex 2) and the draft inspection form and submit a project evaluation in free form.
17. the economic expertise to make independent economic sector experts. Economic inspection assessed: 17.1. manufacturing sector partners interest in the use of the project results, including the ability to provide for the investment project;
17.2. the validity of the financial estimates, cost efficiency;
17.3. the planned use of the project results, taking into account the market conditions and analysis of project business plan;
17.4. the demand for the products of the project (services), estimated its prices and profits (if any);
17.5. the importance of the implementation of the project for Latvia, the European Union, the world (expected eksportspēj a product or service, the possibility of obtaining international patent).
18. the wage is calculated at a rate of 10lat per hour, but not more than 100lat (duty unpaid) of the project. Examiner's time: one month from the date of receipt by the experts since the project. On the work of experts from the Ministry budget to pay.
19. The Ministry gathers expertise over the objections of experts received additional information, questions about the reliability of the results of the research and on the financial position of the reasonableness of the estimates and the sends the project applicant (driver) answers and explanations.
20. The Ministry gathers expertise in the scientific and economic results, recommendations, and suggestions of the experts, assesses the project the applicant's replies to the questions of experts and prepared a summary of the research project shall be submitted for the consideration of submissions to the Commission (hereinafter the Commission).
21. the decision on the financing of the project and the funding Minister, adopted on the basis of the decision of the Commission, including each of the members of the Commission expressed the views and expertise of the project results. Commission (the Commission members vote "for" or "against") the decision adopted by a majority. If the votes are divided into equal, the Chairman shall have a casting vote. The Minister's decision may be challenged in court and to appeal to the administrative procedure law.
22. the Commission establishes a State Secretary in the Ministry of Ministry workers (four representatives) and by guest of the Latvian Council of science experts (three representatives), as well as one representative from the Ministry of Economic Affairs and the Latvian employers ' Confederation delegated representatives.
IV. Conclusion of the contract and financing 23. After the adoption of the Finance Ministry of the project (as a subscriber) contract with the artist on the project execution of the project (annex 3). Contract forms in triplicate, prepare a draft.
24. If the project application or project inspection concludes that the project will be created in the protected intellectual property (such as copyright, patents, trade marks, trade marks), the intellectual property protection issues of ownership and it shall be the subject of a separate agreement between the principals, artist, and co-financing.
25. at the conclusion of the contract the customer shall publish information on the projects, indicating at least the topic, expected results, Project Executive, financing and deadlines.
26. the projects implemented and funded in stages. Period of between three to six months. In some cases, if the artist justify it, the length of the period may be extended to 12 months, as well as work can be carried out in one stage.
27. Starting to implement the project, according to the contract agreement (annex 2 of the agreement) provided for the period the cost of the project is given the advance 50 percent from all of this stage.
28. The funds may only be fed to the application for the intended purpose.
29. at the conclusion of each phase of the project, the artist submitted informative report (interim report), financial reporting, review of the contractors, and the documentary proof of co-financing. After the implementation of the project stage performer and customer signature at this stage of the work and acceptance certificate. The Act is the basis for the transfer of the remaining funds in the account.
30. The content of the report reflects the stage of implementation of the project results and their compliance with the Treaty.
31. the financial report and the report on the work of artists indicates funds. The presentation of the financial statements and the attached documents must provide a true and fair view of the total funds to Checker could track every economic transaction. The financial statements shall be accompanied by the supporting documents for the project include the balance of the purchase. The report shall be signed by the project manager and the Chief Accountant of the institution.
32. the implementation of the Project in random order instead of implementing a project under contract to the Commission for verification of representatives of the Ministry of education and science, employing experts (if possible, call upon the expertise of the project application to the veikušo experts).
33. If in the course of the implementation of the project, taking into account the supervisor's reasoned written application and checking the progress of the implementation of the project on the site, the Commission concludes that the proposed objective or goal for the expansion of the necessary changes to work orders that affect the funding for it, can it once during the study to decide on changes in the phase of implementation of the project funding, determine the additional phase of implementation of the project by granting additional funding, or to decide on the funding reduction or suspension of the execution of the project If, after the project funding objective cost decreases or is linked to a new State or other funds.
34. If, after the commencement of the implementation of the project objectives for expenditure decreases or is linked to a new State or public funds, the project contractor is obliged immediately to inform the Ministry about it.
35. the Commission may adopt a decision on the suspension of financing if it finds that the financing was granted on false or incomplete information, funding is not used for the intended purpose is fulfilled or not.
36. upon completion of the project, the artist submitted a report about the project, a short synopsis (1-2lpp) on the main results of the work, the project phase in the implementation of the work carried out and the transfer provisions, the financial statements of the period, documentary proof of co-financing, as well as the manufacturing sector added partner official assurances (justification) for compliance with the results of the initial objectives, on the results of usability and commercialization opportunities. The agreement is considered fulfilled and final phase of implementation of the project work and the transfer deed is signed after the review and evaluation of the results of the project and the approval of the Commission.
37. the report shall contain the following documents: 37.1. problem statement, indicating what was incorporated at the time of initiation of the project;
37.2. the execution of the project, its relevance (or lack of) the application and work plan, in cooperation with other organizations (partners);
37.3. the results achieved are described with specific indicators;
37.4. using the results of the project;
37.5. based financial application in use for the intended purpose;
23.4. in the course of the execution of the project gained or purchased goodwill.
38. The project's contract fulfillment contractor shall publish (place the Ministry's website on the internet) the following information about the project: 38.1. project title and due date;
38.2. the application contains objective and results achieved;
23.8. beneficiary organisation (project contractor);
23.9. the project manager (in charge of the execution of the project);
38.5. the total cost of the project;
24.0. State funding and the participation of the beneficiaries;
36.6. project synopsis.
Prime Minister a. Halloween, Minister of education and science Rivž B Note: the wording of the entry into force of the provisions by 20 July 2006.
Annexes 1-3 ZIP 25 kb
Search Translated Laws of Latvia