Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/141277
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 632 Riga, 1 august 2006 (pr. No 40 13) consumer protection Center Issued under the Statute of the public administration Act, article 16 of the equipment the first part i. General questions 1. Consumer Protection Center (hereinafter referred to as the Centre) is the Minister of economy under the supervision of an existing direct regulatory authority.
2. the Centre's objective is to implement the consumer rights and interests protection, market supervision and administration system of the mentēt function in the field of metrology.
II. the Centre's competence, functions and tasks of the Centre is 3. Consumer protection law and other laws set out the rights and obligations and functions of the implementation of the rights and interests of consumer protection, market monitoring and metrology.
4. in order to ensure the fulfilment of the functions, the Centre has the following tasks: 4.1 to control and monitor the market (offer) of the goods and services you compliance with safety requirements, as well as other legislation;
4.2. monitoring of the goods and services of the information given in compliance with the legislation requirements;
4.3. monitoring of the manufacturer, seller or service provider the information provided, compliance with the legislation requirements;
4.4. to request additional information on goods and services, as well as a manufacturer, seller or service provider, as well as the control requirements for the provision of additional information;
4.5. to check compliance with the warranty, commitment and execution of designs;
4.6. to check that the right is defined in the food and non-food items, the Mayor and the purchase of payment;
4.7. to check compliance with the price of goods and services, as well as specifying the demand to price goods and services would be within the law;
4.8. to advise consumers about consumer protection issues;
4.9. to inform the producers, sellers and service providers of their obligations the statutory requirements;
4.10. to participate in the information exchange system of the fast on dangerous goods to a market supervisory competency test receive information about dangerous goods, as well as information on them to other relevant market surveillance authorities;
UR4.11.izv ērtē ad compliance with legislation requirements and adopt appropriate decisions;
UR4.12.izv ērtē a package tour services in compliance with the legislation requirements;
UR4.13.izv ērtē the consumers expressed the tender, the contract for the project, as well as the contracts and fulfilment of the laws and compliance requirements, and to take appropriate decisions;
4.14. check consumer contracts concluded are included in certain legislation of the right of withdrawal notification and use;
4.15. the control of compliance with the order in which the consumer takes on piesakām you on the terms of the contract without the appropriate goods or services and organised by JAMA product or service expertise, and to take a decision on the legal requirements of consumers;
4.16. to supervise the market regulated sphere measuring products offered conform to the laws and requirements;
4.17 make use of the means of measuring the state metrological supervision;
4.18. the bulk commodity metrological control;
4.19. in accordance with the competency to create, maintain and update the inspection database analyst;
4.20. in accordance with the competency to meet manufacturers, vendors, service providers and consumer demand for possible inspection processors;
4.21. in carrying out the European consumer centre network functions in Latvia, collect information, and inform consumers about the rights of consumers in the Member States and the European Union on cross-border shopping, as well as to coordinate issues on cross-border consumer complaints in the European Union;
4.22. in accordance with the requirements set by the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 October 2004, Regulation (EC) No 2006/2004 on cooperation between national authorities responsible for the enforcement of consumer protection in the bass area, make the single Liaison Office intended tasks;
4.23. According to competence to prepare proposals for amendments to the regulations related to consumer protection and the state metrological control and supervision;
4.24 to cooperate with international institutions and non-governmental Orga ni amortisation, operating in consumer protection and the strategy of the regulated individually;
4.25. to represent consumer interests in the special committees and the setting-up of transnational cooperation networks;
4.26. perform other tasks in accordance with the rights and interests of consumers protection, market surveillance, metrology and regulatory laws.
III. officers of the Centre, the staff and the provision of Justice, 5. The Centre shall be headed by the Director of the Centre. The Director of the Centre to fulfil Government equipment Act direct authorities functions, as well as the structure of the Centre, each unit features and departments.
6. the Centre's officials according to competency are entitled: UR6.1.bez special permit, fees and other restrictions to attend any buildings, facilities, areas and other places where goods or thing crop and production, warehousing, sales or services, as well as provide places where used, manufactured, repaired or disposed of measurement tools, and to discharge these provisions and other legislation in certain assignments of consumer rights and interests protection and regulated in the field of metrology;
6.2. the smooth carry out all the necessary actions to control;
6.3. to request and receive, free of charge, from the manufacturers, resellers, service providers, to you or their authorised representatives, State and local authorities, as well as from the private law natural and legal persons of the Mission of the Centre or the officer in the exercise of functions in the required information and documents;
6.4. to identify producers, sellers, service providers, and users of the NASA funds mērīš or their authorised representatives which must provide a written response on the application by the consumer or the circumstances referred to in the complaint or to prevent the infringement of the law;
6.5. create a test to detect possible violations of the rights of the consumer, to carry out mystery shopping and kontrolpasūtījum, as well as composing the admi nistratīv infringement protocols, review of administrative offences and impose administrative sanctions;
6.6. specific legislation in order to request and receive product samples or other laboratory expertise;
6.7. where legislation to stop goods sales or provision of a service to a testing laboratory or an expert opinion or a decision, if: 6.7.1. product information or product labelling does not meet the legislative or regulatory requirements;
6.7.2. do not show proof of compliance or approval;
6.7.3. reasonable suspicion arises about the hazards of a product or service;
6.7.4. If the goods in bulk quantity of actual contents does not meet standards;
6.7.5. you have reason to believe that the goods are counterfeit.
6.8. based on testing laboratories or expert opinion, information received from the information in the quick exchange system for dangerous goods, or center of a decision to prohibit officials realize, request to withdraw or suspend the provision of services if they are not in vajos or normatīvtehnisk normat documents;
6.9. request that producers, sellers and service providers provide the object, the object's officers or other representative present during controls, as well as, if necessary, to call witnesses and carry out controls without the presence of a representative of the object, if the manufacturer, seller or service provider does not meet these requirements;
6.10. to require manufacturers, sellers and service providers comply with the legislation requirements and prevent non-compliance;
6.11. remove widgets and things that are the subject of the administrative offence;
6.12. If necessary, call upon law enforcement personnel;
6.13. to exercise other rights that certain consumer rights and interests behind the sardzīb, market monitoring and Metrology regulatory legislation.
7. the Centre's officials prohibited the disclosure of legal and physical persons of the business secrets which become known to them in the performance of their duties.
8. the Centre's officials, the performance of official duties outside of work (service) premises, presented a certificate of service.
9. the Centre's officials issued administrative provisions and actual action may be challenged in order that certain consumer rights and interests protection, monitoring the market, advertising and the laws governing metrology, submitting the application to the Director of the Centre.
10. the Director of the Centre for administrative acts issued and actual action may be challenged in the Ministry of the economy, where consumer rights and interests protection, monitoring the market, advertising and Metrology laws and regulations governing other specified order.
IV. review of the Centre's activities and use of funds 11. the Centre at least once a year, shall submit to the Ministry of Economic Affairs report on the Centre's functions and the use of budget resources, as well as the laws and regulations established shall prepare an annual public report.
12. the Centre these terms referred to in 4.21 function will ensure the nai uses the resources of the State budget, grants from general revenue and from European Commission funds for this purpose.
13. the Centre shall regularly inform the public about the rights of consumers, the Centre's activities and its results, through direct contact, on the home page on the internet (URwww.ptac.gov.lv), communication materials or media.
V. closing question 14. Be declared unenforceable: 14.1. Cabinet of Ministers of 26 October 2004, Regulation No 889 "consume the cities centres of rules" (Latvian journal, 2004, 2005, 171 No; 63 no; 2006, nr. 90);
14.2. The Cabinet of Ministers of 8 March 2005, Regulation No 174 "state metrological inspection rules" (Latvian journal, 2005, no. 43).
Prime Minister a. Halloween economic Minister a. Štokenberg Editorial Note: regulations shall enter into force by august 9, 2006.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia