Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/142703
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 717 in Riga august 29, 2006 (pr. No 44 41) order of felling trees outside forest land Issued under the forest law article 8, first subparagraph 1. determines the procedure of felling trees outside the forest land.
2. land owner or legal possessor of trees outside forest land (land, contrary to the law of the forest provided forest land definition) in its ownership or possession of the territory in the strike at its discretion, except in the following cases: 2.1. specially protected natural areas in tree felling shall be coordinated with the following institutions: 2.1.1. areas that have created protected areas management institution (except the Ziemeļvidzem biosphere reserve), with the specially protected natural areas of the Administration;
2.1.2. for the biosphere reserve Ziemeļvidzem nature reserve area, the site of the existing natural liegumo and nature parks, as well as the Ziemeļvidzem biosphere reserve in the Baltic Sea and Gulf of Riga coastal protection zone territory-with the Ziemeļvidzem biosphere reserve administration, the rest of the territory, with national environment service regional environmental governance (hereinafter referred to as the regional environmental governance);
2.1.3. areas that do not have established protected areas management institution – with appropriate administrative area regional environmental governance;
2.2. the cultural monuments in the occupied areas and the felling of trees established in line with the national cultural monument protection Inspectorate and the local authorities;
2.3. parks, cemeteries, artificial tree lines of origin (alley), which is longer than 20 metres (even if they are on the road to bin the Earth band) and width (the largest distance between the side of the tree trunk the tree line perpendicular to the Centre direction) is less than 20 metres, the tree felling shall be coordinated with the regional administration of the environment and local government;
2.4. the natural tree lines whose width is less than 20 metres, the tree felling shall be coordinated with the local authorities;
2.5. surface protection zone of ūdensobjekt (protection zone) tree felling shall be coordinated with the regional environmental governance, if trees are carved in 50 meters along the surface of the bar or ūdensobjekt across the floodplain width body or conduit to express applūstoš of periodically flood plains;
2.6. The Baltic Sea and Gulf of Riga coastal dune Strip (except 2.1.2. these provisions referred cases) tree felling shall be coordinated with the regional environmental governance;
2.7. The Baltic Sea and Gulf of Riga established limited operating bar (except 2.1.2. these provisions referred cases) tree felling shall be coordinated with the local authorities;
2.8. operation and safety the safety zones (also aizsargstādījumo) tree felling shall be coordinated with the object manager that specific protection zone;
2.9. the city and village administrative territory of tree felling (except the tree stump the average is less than 12 inches) coordinate with the local authorities.
3. Another person's felling of trees outside forest land in all cases, writing in line with the land owner or legal possessor and the relevant provisions of paragraph 2 of the said institutions.
4. The rules referred to in paragraph 2, the territories without coordination with the relevant authorities allowed to cut: 4.1 fruit trees;
4.2. the tree stump, the average is less than 12 inches, to free the land from the agricultural land cover and maintain drainage system;
4.3. of the rail infrastructure-railway land partition bar (also aizsargstādījumo) growing trees to provide railway infrastructure and to guarantee safe operation of the traffic safety.
5. If necessary this provision referred to in paragraph 2 of the agreement, land owner or legal possessor shall submit a written application to the institution concerned for the felling of trees.
6. the authority with which the proposed cutting of trees outside forest land, within one month of receipt of the application for the appearance of tree felling, felling of the trees assessed in compliance with the conservation and management of the territory concerned and the use of laws and regulations, as well as tree scenic and ecological significance and importance for the preservation of biodiversity, shall take a decision and shall notify in writing the applicant.
7. before taking a decision on tree felling town and village administrative area utilities and maintenance of zaļumstādījum (except for the tree felling emergency prevention) the local Government shall determine the applicable procedure for public consultation. After consulting the results of local Government shall adopt the appropriate decisions.
8. City and village administrative territory of tree felling is forbidden during the period from 15 April to 30 June, except for the tree felling emergency prevention and tree felling and land subdivision rail line.
9. the decision of the authority may be challenged, in the month of submitting the application in the order of highest authority subordinated to the 9.1. specially protected natural areas and the regional administration of environmental managerial decision-environment monitoring country office;
9.2. the national cultural monuments protection inspection decision – cultural Ministry.
10. Environment monitoring national Office, Ministry of culture and the local Government Council (Council) decision may appeal to the Court of Justice of the administrative procedure law.
11. land owner or legal possessor shall submit to the national forest service for outside woodland carved timber volume in accordance with the laws and regulations on accounting for round timber transactions.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Minister of Agriculture m. Roze Editorial Note: regulations shall enter into force by September 2, 2006.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia