Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/145116
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 811 in Riga in 2006 (3 October. Nr. 17. § 50) citizenship and Migration Board Issued in accordance with the Statute of the public administration Act, article 16 of the equipment the first part i. General question 1. Citizenship and Migration Affairs Board (hereinafter the Board) is the supervision of the Minister for the Interior of an existing direct regulatory authority.
II. Administrative functions, tasks and competences 2. Management has the following features: 2.1. implement a national policy of migration and asylum;
2.2. to determine the legal status of persons in the country;
2.3. the accounting of the population in the country;
2.4. issue: 2.4.1. identity documents;
2.4.2. travel documents.
3. in order to implement certain functions, the Board has the following tasks: identify the nationality of the persons 3.1 at the Latvian citizenship under the Citizenship Act, art. 2, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 3., 4. and 5. point and article 3;
3.2. on the basis of the nationality law, art. 2, 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 points, to make an initial determination of the legal status of persons in the Republic of Latvia, if news about these persons are not included in the population register;
3.3. make and participate in studies, including analyses of the processes related to migration, asylum, legal status, on the number of inhabitants and the persons with identity cards and travel docu ments;
3.4. to cooperate with the national regulatory authorities, international and val stiskaj organizations and other government departments, migration to organize international conferences, consultations and on matters within its competence, to participate in the work and analysis of the Republic of Latvia and the other experiences these issues;
3.5. in accordance with the competency to participate in the preparation of international agreements and;
3.6. to inform the media and the public on management performance;
3.7. in accordance with the competency to participate in legislation and policy planning document for the development of the project and provide advice on other institutions to prepare the legislative and policy planning document projects;
3.8. to carry out other legal tasks, the migration to the scope, the legal status of individuals and tracking, as well as to ensure that persons with identity cards and travel docu ments.
4. The Board has the following rights: 4.1 according to the competency to represent Latvia in international organizations and activities;
4.2. create working groups and their composition also include experts;
4.3. to request and receive from the public authorities and private individuals the information necessary for the functions of Government;
4.4. to submit the European Union co-financed programmes and bilateral and multilateral financial cooperation program project applications;
4.5. to provide paid services.
III. Management structure and composition of government officials, 5 contains the following departments: departments and their chapter 5.1;
5.2. independent Central and territorial divisions.
6. Administrative organs Act in accordance with this Statute and the rules of procedure of the departments concerned.
7. the Administration headed by the boss. The boss is a civil servant. Administration chiefs appointed (after approval by the Cabinet of Ministers), and removed by the Interior Minister.
8. the Government Commissioner shall Government equipment Act direct authorities managerial functions.
9. Managing the boss can be an advisor and Assistant.
10. the Government's Deputy Chief. Chief of government departments can be determined who is the Deputy Chief of government direct authority.
IV. Administration of justice activities and reporting 11. rule of law provides the regulatory activities of the boss. The Chief of Government is responsible for the Authority's internal control and management decisions for the creation and operation of the system.
12. Administration officials issued administrative acts or actual action if the legislation is not otherwise specified, can be a challenge and appeal against the following: 12.1 the administrative organ officials issued administrative acts or actual action may be challenged, by submitting the submission management boss. Administrative decision may appeal to the Superior Court of Justice;
12.2. managing your boss succeed administrative provisions (with the exception of those provisions referred to in point 12.1) or the actual action may be challenged, submitting the application to the Minister for the Interior. Decision of the Minister of the Interior may appeal to the Court.
13. the administration of the Chief Administrative Officer may cancel prettiesisko taken by or no reasonable decisions and orders.
14. The Board not less than annually submit to the Minister of Home Affairs overview of the regulatory functions and the use of financial resources.
V. closing question 15. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet of 7 January 2003, the provisions of no. 7 "the citizenship and Migration Board Charter" (Latvian journal, 2003, nr. 5).
Prime Minister a. Halloween Interior Minister b. Jaundžeikar Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on October 7, 2006.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia