Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/147110
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 887 Riga 2006 (31 October. No 56 24) legal regulations Issued by the College in accordance with the universities Act 10.1 the first paragraph of article i. General questions 1. Limited liability company "legal College" (College) is a private individual (hereinafter referred to as the founder) founded the company, which after the acquisition of secondary education provides the opportunity to get first level professional higher education and get a fourth level of professional qualifications.
2. College name: Latvian language-2.1. limited liability company "legal College" (abbreviation – JK);
2.2. in English-College of Law, Limited.
3. College and its affiliates registered office: 3.1. College address: Kronvald Boulevard 1, Riga, LV-1010;
3.2. College Baltimore branch address: dunika Street 9/11, Liepaja, LV-3400;
3.3. College Ventspils – Kuldiga branch address 1 Street, Ventspils, LV-3600.
4. College governing body representation and authority study and research is the College Council (hereinafter Council) and College (hereinafter referred to as the Director). The Council is the College staff and the governing body of collegiate decision-making body. The Director is the highest officer of the College, the College of General Administrative and business management and represent the College in all its affairs.
5. the supreme governing body of the College and authority in strategic, financial and economic matters is the College Board (hereinafter the Board). The Board has all of the College's statutes and this regulation establishes rights and obligations.
6. the College can have its own flag, coat of arms, Crest, motto and anthem.
7. the College may establish associations and branches.
II. activities of the College and the basic task of College activity 8 axes are as follows: 8.1. develop and implement the first level professional higher education in law, social science and Commerce (Honours) from the field;
8.2. in the implementation of the educational process, promote student development of the personality and to provide them with first level professional higher education and a fourth level of professional qualification, as well as the laws and regulations in order to issue the diploma of first level professional higher education;
8.3. to provide for the possibility for the student to prepare for the continuing education for the second level professional higher education and professional qualifications at level 5.
9. College objectives are as follows: appropriate professions 9.1 standards and national standards of vocational training to develop professional study programmes and organize its implementation;
9.2. the development of examination content and methods, as well as organize the qualification examinations;
9.3. in theory and practice to prepare qualified competitive specialists, observing work in Latvia demand and supply;
9.4. ensure the study process and the quality of the test to the vocational college education and professional qualifications recognised in Latvia and abroad;
9.5. the studies according to the study the profile and promote the scientific research work of students;
9.6. to organize the College activities the axes of the appropriate measures (for example, public courses, lectures, conferences);
9.7. in interact with Latvian and foreign educational institutions and employers in the field of vocational training;
6.1. to inform the public about the activities of the College and professional education opportunities in College;
9.9. the economic activities and other activities that are not contrary to the laws and actions of the axes of the College.
III. the Council 10. Council elections organised by the Management Board. The Director and Deputy Director shall be included in the Council without election. Representatives in the Council still work only staff members, by secret ballot.
11. the Council consists of 18 members of the Board: 11.1 Director;
11.2. the Deputy Director;
11.3. one Board Member;
11.4. the seven academic staff representatives (the College is their main job place);
11.5. two general staff representatives;
11.6. the four student government representatives;
7.3. the two authorized employers and non-governmental organizations delegated representatives according to the course of nature.
12. the Council shall elect the Chairman and the Secretary of the Council, by secret ballot. The work of the Council and the management of the Protocol manages the Secretary.
13. the President of the Council of representatives and the election procedure determined by the Charter for the College Council. Regulations approved by the Executive Board.
14. the composition of the Council is approved by the Executive Board. The Council's term of Office shall be two years.
15. the Council: 15.1 approved courses;
15.2. Approves the research and scientific activities;
15.3. prepares proposals on student enrollment and new study programmes;
15.4. prepares proposals for the College Department and branch reorganisation and elimination, and after consulting the Management Board approved the by-laws;
15.5. the Board confirmed after checking with rules on academic and administrative positions in college and election procedures in these posts;
15.6. after checking with the Board approves the regulations on the study and test procedures in College;
15.7. the development of the College's internal rules;
15.8. adopting the report of the Director;
15.9. support and encourage student self-management operation, as well as the student self-government rules;
15.10. Approves the College flag, coat of arms, emblem, motto and anthem;
15.11. the development of the College Charter and amendments;
15.12. propose the question on the college name or legal status;
15.13. decide on other issues which, in accordance with this regulation within the competence of the Council.
16. The Board of Governors shall be convened by its Chairman, Board of directors or at least six members of the Council. The Council meets at least once every two months.
17. the Council are valid if they are sitting on at least 12 Council members. Decisions shall be taken by a simple majority vote, or by secret ballot. Vote by secret ballot if requested by at least one third of the present members of the Council. If the votes of the Council members divided into similar, the President of the Council shall have a casting vote.
18. the Director has a suspensive veto rights in respect to the decisions of the Council. After the veto question of application of the harmonisation, the Commission examined. The Commission shall set up a Coordination Council, and its members include the President of the Council of Directors, Management Board and one representative of the academic staff, the General staff and student. The Reconciliation Commission decision approving the next Council meeting. Council decision shall enter into force if, by secret vote, the vote of not less than two-thirds of the present members of the Council.
19. Council decisions taken in strategic, financial and economic matters will enter into force after their approval by the Board.
20. some of the issues the Council may establish advisory boards and approve the regulations.
IV. The Director Director of 21 recruited and exempted from the Labour Board. The directors shall be elected for five years by the Council, by secret ballot. The Director needed a higher education and at least five years of pedagogical or scientific work experience, as well as at least three years experience in a leading position.
22. the Director is responsible for the operation of the College, the College implemented administrative and economic management and is the College's official representative in all colleges.
23. Director: 23.1. manage College staff bound orders;
23.2. According to its powers, decide on the resources of the College;
23.3. after consulting the Board, determine the number of units of the Office of the College;
23.4. organised by academic staff and administrative staff of the elections;
14.6. present to the Council and the Ministry of education and Science College activities annual report and provides opportunities for staff to consult the annual report;
23.6. after consulting with the Board of higher education approves the additional requirements with regard to special education, the previous special fitness and preparedness for membership in specific courses.
14.7. to fulfil other tasks defined in this regulation.
24. the Director of the administrative acts issued and actual action can challenge the Board. The Board's decisions are subject to judicial review.
V. College departments and branches of the educational process, 25 research, organizational, economic and operational work of the College can create departments and branches.
26. the Department tasks, functions and rights unit bylaws. The Unit Manager is responsible for the work of the Department.
27. the College pamatstruktūrvienīb education and research work is the chapter. The organizational, economic and operational work of the College can also consist of other departments.
28. The Department is the Department implementing the related profile first level professional higher education study programmes. The task of the Department is to implement the programs, conduct research and promote the scientific research work in collaboration with other College departments, educational institutions, employers and non-governmental organizations.
29. the Division has at least eight academic staff representatives holding elected positions. Head of Department, elect in accordance with the provisions of the statute referred to 15.5.
30. College departments and branches to establish, reorganize and eliminate the Board.
Vi. College staff 31. College staff (staff): 19.3. academic staff;
31.2. the General staff;
32. the Staff College shall be entitled to use the facilities, equipment, inventory, library, and other objects, in accordance with the internal rules of the College.
33. it is the duty of the Staff contribute to the activities of the College and to support transparency in its administration. Personnel shall have the right to participate in management and governance decisions and internal rules, as well as in making decisions affecting staff interests, participate in collegiate management organ of the College attend and to be heard, as well as to make proposals on the activities of the College.
34. The academic staff consists of: 34.1. Assistant Professor;
21.3. the lecturer;
21.3. the Assistant.
35. the Person elected in academic and administrative positions elected by open competition in accordance with the rules of the academic and administrative posts. The contest is advertised for at least a month before the election, the publication of a notice in the newspaper "journal".
36. academic positions may elect a person with doctorate or master's degree.
37. Professional study programme profile subjects of the post of Assistant Professor may hold a person with higher education without degree, if it is appropriate for the subject matter concerned at least seven years seniority in practice. Requirements of the following associate of sliding position applicants, approved by the Council. Professional study programme profile subjects or Assistant lecturer posts can take a person with higher education without degree, if it is the subject matter appropriate for at least five years ' seniority in practice.
38. the elections in academic and administrative posts are elected by secret ballot. The Board elected person conclude work contracts at the time of the election.
39. Academic Staff Council be elected for six years.
40. academic staff have the following responsibilities: 24.9. creative and responsible participation in the implementation of the programme of study;
40.2. constantly improve their professional qualifications, visit the methodological seminars, engaging in scientific research;
40.3. abide by the rules of professional conduct;
25.1. to answer for their actions and their results;
25.2. to provide the student the opportunity to exercise their rights in college.
41. academic staff have the following rights: 25.5. study programme to be implemented under the framework of the regulations on the study and test procedures to determine the free courses and test content, forms and methods;
41.2. the research work, freely choose research methods, evaluate and publish research results;
41.3. submit proposals for action relevant to the objective of the College events;
25.7. to offer new courses and to propose new courses;
25.8. proposals on College development and internal policing;
25.8. to be elected for representation, Management College, institutions and decision-making bodies.
42. Persons admitted to a College in accordance with the regulations laid down in the student admissions requirements and the additional requirements of the College.
43. the obligation to respect the student's College Charter, Council approved regulations and internal rules.
44. the College Student creates student self-government. The student authority have the right to request and receive from the College representative, management bodies and heads of departments shall be information and clarification on the issues that affect the interests of the student.
45. Student Government representatives have the right to participate in the College authority. The student self-government representatives in the Council have suspensive right of veto in matters that affect the interests of the student. If necessary, create a Conciliation Commission, the Council and the issue be re-examined at the next meeting of the Council. The Reconciliation Commission decision approved by the Council. Council decision shall enter into force if, by secret vote, the vote of not less than two-thirds of the present members of the Council.
46. The student self-government decisions are subject to approval by the Council is binding to all student.
VII. Programme development and approval processes of study 47. governed by the regulations approved by the Council.
48. To develop and provide to sign up for courses of academic departments of might.
49. On the content of the study programme and be responsible for the implementation of the study.
50. the study programme concluded a national test. State test components is the development and advocacy of the diploma.
51. the programme is approved and the decision on the termination of the implementation of the programme shall be adopted by the Council.
52. If the program is eliminated, the College provided the student an opportunity to continue studies in another college courses or other appropriate courses in college or University.
VIII. Internal procedures of regulatory adoption 53. College internal practices in regulatory documents approved by the Director.
54. The College departments of internal procedures of regulatory documents approved by the head of the Department in accordance with the Statute of the unit, but if the head of Department shall not determine rights, departments of internal procedures of regulatory documents approved by the Director.
55. the provisions which regulate matters not within the competence of the Director, be approved by the Council, taking into account the recommendation of the Director.
IX. College international relations 56. College is entitled to participate in international cooperation, organized by the Ministry of education and science, other State authorities or non-governmental organizations, as well as to build bilateral (multilateral) international communication.
57. The College may invite other National University Faculty and professionals for viesdocētāj or for individual guest speakers lecture or series of lectures for reading.
58. the College may organize personnel exchange trips to foreign countries and Latvia.
X. college funding sources to finance its 59. College founder, pursuant to Cabinet of Ministers determine the education programme minimum cost per student.
60. Studies in college going for a fee. Tuition and other fees for services shall be determined by the Management Board. After consulting the Board of college student in the order may be fully or partially exempted from tuition fees.
61. The College's financial resources shall consist of: 61.1. tuition fee;
61.2. own revenue;
38.1. foreign financial resources;
61.4. legal and physical person donations and gifts;
61.5. banks and credit institutions, the DTI.
XI. the College Charter and its amendments, the initiation and development 62. College rules and amendments Development Council created the Commission. The Commission shall lay down the procedure for the Council approved regulations.
63. the proposals for amendments to the regulations of the Commission College may submit to the Director, the members of the Council, student self-government, Department managers, as well as one tenth of the total number of staff of the College.
64. the Executive Board shall coordinate the College's by-laws and amendments.
XII. reorganization and liquidation of the College 65. Decision on reorganization or liquidation of the College at the suggestion of the Board shall be adopted by the founder.
Prime Minister a. Halloween, Minister of education and science Rivž B Note: the wording of the entry into force of the provisions by 4 November 2006.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia