Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/151642
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 59 in 2007. on 16 January (pr. Nr. 4 45) amendments to the Cabinet of Ministers of 22 January 2002, the Regulation No 34 "regulations on the emission of pollutants in the water" Issued in accordance with the law "on pollution" in article 11 paragraph 2, second subparagraph, article 18, paragraph 1, second subparagraph, article 45 of the first subparagraph and the second subparagraph of article 46 do Cabinet of 22 January 2002, the Regulation No 34 "regulations on the emission of pollutants in the water" (Latvian journal , 2002, nr. 16) the following amendments: 1. Replace the text of the provisions: 1.1., the words "the protection of the environment and regional development Ministry" (fold) with the words "Ministry of environment" (fold);
1.2. the word "application" (the fold) with the word "submission" (fold);
1.3. the words "Latvian Environment Agency" with the word "agency";
1.4. the words "environmental impact assessment national Office" (fold) with the words "environmental monitoring national Office" (fold);
1.5. the word "sludge" (fold) with the words "sewage sludge" (fold).
2. Express 1.4. Sub-paragraph as follows: "1.4. the order in which the Latvian environment, geology and Meteorology Agency (hereinafter Agency) provides information to the public."
3. Replace paragraph 4, second sentence, the words "regional environmental administration" with the words "national environment service regional environmental administration (hereinafter regional environmental administration)".
4. To supplement paragraph 5 follows the words "the substances" by the words "or regulations on characteristics of surface ūdensobjekt type in certain priority substances (hereinafter referred to as priority substances)".
5. Add to the introductory part of paragraph 15, after the words "assess" these rules with a number and the word "and". 1.
6. Replace paragraph 17, the words "particularly dangerous substances and dangerous substances" with the words "especially hazardous substances, hazardous substances or priority substances".
7. Make points 18 and 19 by the following: "6. the particular hazardous substances or hazardous substances, emissions of priority substances in surface water, the operator may not exceed the emission limits set out in the permit (A) or (B) the category of polluting activities (hereinafter licence).
19. The application for the authorization of the operator indicates the following: 19.1. all relevant equipment already used or produced in the production process or there are particular dangerous substances, substances or priority hazardous substances;
19.2. the substance of what the operator intends to use, and you may encounter pollutants polluting process, if the action has not yet started or planned major changes to the existing polluting activities;
19.3. the results of the monitoring carried out by the operator of this rule 19.1. the substances mentioned in points, which is found in the effluents it discharges instead. If the water does not contain (or is predictable that does not contain) specific dangerous substances, dangerous substances or priority substances and they are not or will not be discharged to waters of the tribunals, it should be based on documented test results or the calculation method according to the mass balance of raw materials;
19.4. effluents found particularly hazardous, dangerous or concentrations of priority substances or predictable concentrations of accepting water upstream and downstream of the effluent discharge. "
8. Make the paragraph 23 the introductory paragraph as follows: "23. regional environmental authority may authorise the direct emissions in underground waters, if emissions do not impair the quality of groundwater, the operator has carried out a preliminary study according to the approved by the Agency and the research programmes developed by operators, the Agency has approved the results of the research, and if the operator has received authorization for the drainage and pollution of the subsoils of license use the following:" 9. the express 43.1.2. subparagraph by the following : "43.1.2. substances which are intended to be issued, including all especially dangerous substances, substances or priority hazardous substances found in effluents or which operator has predicted fed;".
10. Add to paragraph 45 of the introductory paragraph after the words "degradable substances" by the words "and not containing especially dangerous substances, dangerous substances or priority substances".
11. Replace the 52.2 in the words "emissions limits, which may be calculated" with the words "the results of calculations, which are obtained '.
12. Supplement with 53.3 points following below: "accepting water quality 53.3.-under the legislation on the quality of surface waters must meet at least the karpveidīg water quality standards."
13. the express 54 as follows: "54. Ministry of the environment shall assess the need to change this provision in annex 3 and 5 above, if the emission limit values: 54.1. received the natural or legal persons, the proposal based on information about the impacts of emissions;
54.2. changes required, taking into account the latest information on contaminant exposure or advanced treatment technology of pollution;
54.3. it is necessary to achieve the receiving waters at certain environmental quality objectives;
54.4. it is necessary, having regard to Latvia's international obligations. "
14. Express 55 and 56 points by the following: "55. Ministry of the environment the person is informed of the results of the assessment not later than 12 months after receipt of a proposal for change.
56. regional environmental administration permit shall include the requirements for the monitoring and the operator determines the frequency of monitoring, taking into account the requirements laid down in these rules, the law of surface water, ground water and monitoring of protected areas and legislation on environmental monitoring and pollutant emission register, as well as the nature and type, and accepting the quality of the waters. "
15. Make introductions to paragraph 57, 57.1 and 57.2. following paragraph. ":" 57. Operator that issued or intends to issue especially dangerous substances, dangerous substances or priority substances, in the development and monitoring of these substances is added in the application for authorization. In the description of the sampling procedures, especially used of hazardous substances, hazardous substances and the establishment of priority substances, as well as the flow of waste water and other relevant measurement procedure, taking into account the following conditions: 57.1. samples are taken and the waste water flow measured at the point where the emission limit values shall apply. If these actions are to be carried out before the point of application of the emission limit values, the operator provides: 57.1.1. to measurement in this paragraph covers all waste water generated in the company, which could be contaminated with controlled substances;
57.1.2. regular analysis to demonstrate that the results obtained in this point coincides with the point of application of the limit values for the quantities of substances or issued is always greater on them;
57.2. flow of waste water are collected in proportion to the 24 hours of accrued sample; ".
16. in paragraph 61 of the following expression: ' 61. National environmental service shall forward to the Agency the operator made the monitoring data. The Agency collects and stores data received. "
17. Make 63 the second sentence as follows: "the necessary analyses shall be carried out in a laboratory that is accredited by the national agency" Latvian National Accreditation Bureau "to the standard LVS EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005" the competence of testing and calibration laboratories-General requirements ", or another Member State notified body under the Ministry of Economic Affairs has published a notice in the newspaper" Gazette "(laboratory)".
18. Make 66 as follows: "66. to inform the public and public authorities for the protection of the aquatic environment against hazardous substances, hazardous substances, priority substances and urban waste water pollution emissions, the Agency shall prepare annually information on particularly hazardous substances, hazardous substances and emissions of priority substances, the discharge of urban waste water and the use of sewage sludge and disposal in the territory of Latvia, as well as a summary of the provisions made in accordance with the results of the monitoring."
19. To supplement the rules with the informative reference to European Union directives as follows: "Informative reference to European Union directives, the regulations include provisions resulting from: 1) Council and the Parliament on 15 February 2006, Directive 2006/11/EC on pollution caused by certain dangerous substances discharged into the aquatic environment of the Community (codified version);
2) 1979 the Council of 17 December Directive 80/68/EEC on the protection of groundwater against pollution caused by certain dangerous substances;
3) Council of 22 March 1982 of Directive 82/176/EEC on limit values and quality objectives for mercury discharges by the chlor-alkali electrolysis industry;
4) Council of 26 September 1983 Directive 83/513/EEC on limit values and quality objectives for cadmium discharges;
5) Council of 8 March 1984 by Directive 84/156/EEC on limit values and quality objectives for mercury discharges by sectors other than the chlor-alkali electrolysis industry;
6) Council of 9 October 1984 by Directive 84/491/EEC on limit values and quality objectives for discharges of hexachlorocyclohexane (with changes);
7) Council of 12 June 1986 Directive 86/280/EEC on limit values and quality objectives for discharges of certain dangerous substances included in list I of the annex to Directive 76/464/EEC;
8) Council of 16 June 1988 Directive 88/347/EEC amending Annex II to Directive 86/280/EEC on limit values and quality objectives for discharges of certain dangerous substances included in list I of the annex to Directive 76/464/EEC;
9) Council of 27 July 1990 directive 90/415/EEC amending Annex II to Directive 86/280/EEC on limit values and quality objectives for discharges of certain dangerous substances included in list I of the annex to Directive 76/464/EEC;
10) Council of 21 May 1991 Council Directive 91/271/EEC concerning urban waste water treatment. "
20. Replace annex 2, paragraph 8, the word "the" with the word "acrylonitrile acrylonitrile".
21. Delete paragraph 13 of annex 2.
22. Replace annex 2, paragraph 19, the word "polihlorinēt" with the words "polychlorinated".
23. Amend paragraph 21 of annex 2.
24. To supplement the annex to 24.1 and 24.2 point as follows: "120-12-7 anthracene 24.1 24.2 206-44-0 fluoranthene" 25. To supplement the annex to the 26, 27, 28 and 29 the following: "26.25154-52-3 Nonylphenol isomers of 27.1806-26-4 4-octylphenol 140-66-9 28 4-tert-octylphenol 29.88-06-2-2, 4, 6 trichlorophenol" 26. Replace table 1 of annex 3 of the numbers lations of nosa "56-3-2" with numbers "56-23-5". 27. Replace annex 3 table 2 numbers in the title of the "59-29-3," by the numbers "50-29-3". 28. the supplement to annex 3 paragraph 12, second sentence, after the words "endrin" with the words "or use". 29. Replace table 6 of annex 3 of the nosa Kuma legend "(HCBD)" with "(HCB)". 30. Replace paragraph 21 of annex 3 in number and the words "1 kg a year" with a number and the words "30 kg in a year". 31. Replace annex 3 paragraph 31, the words "not exceeding" with the word "exceeds". 32. Replace paragraph 37 of annex 3, the words "up to" with the words "more than". 33. Replace annex 3 Note 3 the words "Aldrin is the chemical substance" with the words "C12H8Cl6 Aldrin is the chemical C12H8Cl6". 34. Replace annex 4. Note the words "dieldrin is the chemical substance" with the words "C12H8Cl6 dieldrin is the chemical C12H8Cl6". 35. Replace annex 5. Note the words "endrin is the chemical substance" with the words "C12H8Cl6 endrin is the chemical compound C12H8Cl6". 36. Replace annex 6. Note the words "Isodrin is the chemical substance" with the words "C12H8Cl6 Isodrin is the chemical compound C12H8Cl6". 37. the text in annex 4 to replace the word "gas" by the word "gas". 38. Replace annex 4, paragraph 4, second sentence, the words "and the number 4 µ g/l for the aquatic environment" with a number and the words "4 nanograms/l for the aquatic environment". 39. Make 5. table 1 of the annex as follows: "the requirements of table 1 of the settlements of the urban waste water treatment plants issued waters for biological oxygen demand, chemical oxygen demand and suspended substances, no PO box parameter equivalent to the concentration of people or purification technology for pollution reduction percentage to the reference method of analysis 1. Biochemical oxygen demand (Bod5), if the temperature is 20 ° C (without oxygen) < 200 appropriate treatment-homogenized, unfiltered, undecanted sample. Dissolved oxygen before and after incubation period of five days at 20 ° C ± 1 ° C in the dark. add 200-2000 truant nitrification treatment according to the 50-70 2000-10000 mg/l 25 70-90 > 10000 25 mg/l in 70-90 2. Chemical oxygen demand (COD)
< 200 appropriate treatment-homogenized, unfiltered, undecanted sample potassium dichromate use 200-2000 according to clean up 50-75 2000-10000 mg/l 75 125 > 10000 125 mg/l, 75 3. Suspended-the total amount up to 10000 less than 35 mg/l in a representative sample of 90 through 0.45 μm filtering membrane filter. Drying and weighing 105 ° C "and more less than 10000 35 mg/l 90 40. Replace paragraph 2 of annex 5, the words" total chemical oxygen demand "with the words" chemical oxygen demand ". 41. Make 5. table 2 of the annex as follows: "the requirements of table 2 settlements issued a waste water treatment plant for total phosphorus and total nitrogen no BC people equivalent parameters concentration or purification technology percentage reduction of the reference method of analysis 1. total phosphorus (Pkop) < 2000 appropriate treatment-molecular absorption spectrophotometry 2000-10000 appropriate treatment 10-15 10000-100000 2 mg/l 80 > 80 2.100000 1 mg/l total nitrogen (Nkop) appropriate treatment-< 2000 molecular absorption spectrophotometry" 2000-10000 appropriate treatment 10-10000-100000 15 mg/15 l 70-80 > 100000 10 mg/l of 70-80 Prime Minister a. Halloween Environment Minister r. vējonis
Search Translated Laws of Latvia