Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/152070
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 67 in Riga in 2007 January 23rd (Mon. 6. § 6) rules for complex tourist service of the preparation and implementation of, the customer information and package the service provider and the customer's rights and obligations Issued in accordance with article 11 of the law of tourism in the fifth and the fourth article 16 part i. General questions 1. determines the order in which prepare and implement complex tourist service (hereinafter service) and provides information to the client, as well as the merchant and the customer's rights and obligations and the customer paid the cash security deposit.
2. the service prepares the tour operator or service provider or an independent tourist agency providing the service.
II. Informing the consumer of the service 3. If the customer service program, it shall indicate in writing the following information: 3.1. travel destination and residence time;
3.2. services to be provided;
3.3. type of vehicle (vehicles), category, and description of amenities;
3.4. the classification of tourist accommodation in the country concerned, location (region, City) and comfort characteristics;
3.5. for the meals included in the price of the service;
3.6. travel itinerary;
3.7. the price of the service and payment procedures;
3.8. necessary for the travel documents (passport, Visa) and other requirements related to the entry and exit of the country concerned;
3.9. the health formalities that are associated with the trip and stay in the country concerned;
3.10. the date until which the operator notifies the client about the cancellation of the trip if traveling to be in a certain number of participants and it is not sufficient;
3.11. other information about the service.
4. Service program is binding on the trader, except when: 4.1 the client prior to the conclusion of the contract is in writing warned of changes in service, and these changes are clearly included in the programme;
4.2. changes to the programme are made under a written agreement between the Contracting Parties.
5. The merchant until the conclusion of the contract in writing or in any other manner acceptable to the client (for example, using e-mail) provides the following information: 5.1. passports and visa regime countries is associated with the provision of a service and visas, time;
5.2. the medical formalities connected with the trip and stay in the country concerned;
5.3. expenditure that occurs if the Customer terminates the service.
6. Merchant in good time before the provision of the service in writing or in any other manner acceptable to the client (for example, using e-mail) provides the following information: 6.1. stopping and transfer time and place, the vehicle will move, and, if possible, the location of the customer and the type of the means of transport;
6.2. Merchant representative or, failing that, travel agency name and phone number in the country where the customer can, in an emergency, to go for help;
6.3. the phone number that you can, in an emergency, contact the operator 24 hours a day, if your country is not a merchant representative or travel agencies;
6.4. opportunities to interact with the minor or the minor's parents (guardian), or their authorized persons, if the customer is a minor;
6.5. the possibility of buying an insurance policy to cover expenses related to medical services (including the conveyance of home accident or illness), as well as the policy conditions of use;
6.6. information on the possible risks that may endanger the health of travellers;
4.2. other requirements (including the most important of the public policy rules) to be observed while traveling through the country and staying in it.
III. Treaty 7. Merchant and the customer for the service contract.
8. Agreement specifies: 8.1. service the organizer's name, address and registration number of the tourist service provider database;
8.2. service the organizer's representative (if any) name, address and registration number of the tourist service provider database;
8.3. the client paid in cash of the insurer or guarantor's name and address, as well as those that apply to travel time, if the tour operator or service provider or actual insolvency insolvency is not possible in the execution of the program;
8.4. the trip destination;
8.5. provision of the service, as well as the specific dates of the place of stay in accordance with the route;
8.6. the date up to which the operator notifies the client about the cancellation of the trip if traveling to be in a certain number of participants and it is not sufficient;
8.7. the travel itinerary, as well as departure and return times and places;
5.5. type of vehicle (vehicles) and convenience;
8.9. the classification of tourist accommodation, the location (city, region) and experience;
8.10. guided tours and other activities included in the price of the service;
8.11. the service price (indicate possible changes), as well as details of the taxes, duties and other charges not included in the price of the service;
8.12. service payment terms;
8.13. the date up to which you may opt out of the service, and the ieturamo interest from amounts paid;
8.14. the customer's selected insurance types;
8.15. the specific requirements of the client, for whom he has informed the merchant making the order, and both of which the Contracting Parties have adopted;
8.16. the statutory deadline, the customer is entitled to lodge a claim on the terms of the contract without the appropriate service provision, as well as the recipient, having submitted the claim;
8.17. the order in which the agreement enters into force.
9. If the customer service is provided to the program, its description is an integral part of the contract. The merchant is entitled not to specify in the contract the services of the information in the programme.
10. the tour operator or service provider is entitled to make a reservation and to conclude the contract with the customer at the last moment before the start of the service, if it can ensure that the client prior to the conclusion of the contract is informed of all terms of the contract.
11. Before traveling to the customer's specific deadline may notify the forwarding service to another person. The client and the person to whom the service is diverted, is jointly and severally liable for payment of the additional expenses associated with forwarding.
12. The operator shall not be entitled to change the price specified in the contract, if these rights are not provided for in the Treaty and there is no specific order in which the calculated price.
13. the price of the service can be changed in the event change: 13.1. costs associated with the use of the vehicle (such as the fuel price);
13.2. the fees, taxes or similar fees charged for certain services (e.g. airport taxes, port charges and other taxes);
13.3. the exchange rate that is defined on the service in question.
14. the service specified in the contract, the price may be raised not later than 20 days before the beginning of the trip, except for this provision, paragraph 22.
IV. rights and obligations of economic operators 15. Separate bills on one of the various components of the service does not exempt the operator from the agreement and the regulations prescribed duties and responsibilities.
16. the merchants who sell services, support client paid in cash security guarantee for a period of not less than one year, and the amount of eight percent next year from a projected turnover of services, but not less than 20000 dollars.
17. the tour operator or service provider not later than one week after the receipt of proof of the client's cash security deposit guarantee, the document recorded tourism development agency. Tourism Development Agency for documents registered in the five days, inform the consumer centres.
18. The merchant twice a year (up to 20 January and 20 July) by the consumer protection Center Overview (annex) for the sale of services during the previous half year.
19. The merchant is responsible for the service to be provided under the contract, except where the performance of a contract or in the execution of proper is not to blame the operator or other service provider and contract conditions: 19.1. the customer's fault;
19.2. the third person (who is not related to the services provided for in the Treaty) unforeseeable or unavoidable actions;
19.3. the extraordinary (unusual, unpredictable and uncontrollable) conditions;
19.4. the event which the Organizer, its representative or service provider could not foresee or prevent, taking all the necessary precautions.
20. This rule 19.2, 19.3 and 19.4. in the case referred to in paragraph below the operator's responsibility to provide the necessary assistance to the customer.
21. paragraph 19 of these rules in these conditions can not be changed with the disclaimer contained in the Treaty.
22. where the economic operator before the provision of the service requires a significant change some essential terms of the contract, it shall immediately notify the customer and provide him an opportunity to get acquainted with 22.1 contract: additional and accept them;
22.2. to require the replacement of the service of equivalent or higher quality service (if the economic operator can provide it). Customer, and the merchant will mutually agree on the order in which the customer pays (cover the price difference) for higher-quality service. If the service offered is of lower quality than expected, a trader the price difference in the cost of the customer;
22.3. unilaterally to withdraw from the contract. In this case, the merchant pay to the customer the entire client paid a sum of money, as well as documentary certified client direct expenses resulting from getting into the opening of the service.
23. the customer shall immediately inform the economic operator of a decision to use any of these rules referred to in point 22.
24. If the contract does not provide any economic operator of the services referred to in the Treaty or not be able to provide, the operator is obliged to offer a suitable alternative for the customer service, requiring no additional payment from the customer, and to compensate the customer for the price difference if the alternative provided the service price is lower than the price of the service replaced.
25. If it is not possible to offer this provision referred to in paragraph 24 of the alternative service or customer of them refuses, the merchant by agreement with the customer at no additional charge, provide the customer an equivalent transport back to the starting location or travel to another location agreed with the customer, as well as paid him compensation for unused or partially used the service.
26. If the customer has a complaint about the service: 26.1. the merchant or its representative (if the country concerned is) obliged immediately to eliminate the shortcomings;
26.2. the operator or his representative and the customer draws up the Act, showing the date, location, time, and claims against the service, contract number and contract, on the basis of which the claim is brought, the customer's name, merchant or representative's name and registration number. The legislation both parties evidenced by signature;
26.3. the customer is entitled to the laws in order to sign up for the service provider claims for services does not comply with the terms of the contract.
27. If the customer does not comply with the payment of the services specified in the contract, the trader shall be entitled to withdraw from the contract, if these rights are provided for in the contract.
V. rights and obligations of the client 28. If a merchant from a customer any independent reason, cancel the service before the due date, the customer has the following rights (optional): 28.1. require to replace the services of equivalent or higher quality service (if the economic operator has to offer). Customer, and the merchant will mutually agree on the order in which the customer pays (cover the price difference) for higher-quality service. If the service offered is of lower quality than expected, a trader the price difference in the cost of the customer;
28.2. to receive back all the paid amount of money.
29. The customer is entitled to receive from the merchant rewards for losses incurred in the performance of a contract or without proper execution, except in the following cases: 29.1. the service is cancelled within the period provided for in the contract, insufficient number of participants;
29.2. the service is cancelled in the event of an emergency (unusual, unpredictable and uncontrollable) the circumstances or events, which the Organizer, its representative or service provider could not foresee or prevent, also taking all the necessary precautions.
30. If the departure day, customer will promptly appear on the vehicle or in any other way his fault of not using the services provided for in the contract, he is not entitled to claim compensation for the unused service.
31. the customer at the time of travel has the following responsibilities: 31.1. to comply with the legislation requirements for border crossings;
31.2. to follow the route of national laws and regulations;
31.3. to come to agreement at a specified time and place, as well as to comply with the hotel, transport and other services;
19.5. the shortcomings found during the performance of the service, immediately in writing or in any other manner acceptable to report on them to the merchant representative or the service provider customer location;
31.5. immediately notify the merchant indicated in the contract, if the customer representative is not expected to join the Group at the time of the provision of the service.
Vi. Closing questions 32. Be declared unenforceable on Cabinet 2 May 2000 Regulation No 163 "rules for complex tourist services" (Latvian journal, 2000, 161./163.nr.; 2002, nr. 106; 2004, nr. 171).
33. Economic operators in the first review of the package sales in the first half of 2007 I submitted to 20 July 2007.
Informative reference to European Union Directive provisions included in the law resulting from the Council of Europe on 13 June 1990 directive 90/314/EEC on travel, vacation and tour package.
Prime Minister a. Halloween economic Minister j. Malcolm Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on the January 27, 2007.
Annex to the Cabinet on 23 January 2007 the Regulation No 67 economic Minister j. Malcolm
Search Translated Laws of Latvia