Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/153379
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 129 in Riga in 2007 (13 February. No 12 59) of the Council of national development, regulations Issued under the public administration facilities article 13 of the law 1. National Development Council (hereinafter Council) is the Cabinet of Ministers created a collegiate consultative body whose purpose is to ensure the coordination of national development planning and monitoring.
2. The Council shall have the following functions: 2.1 to oversee the national development planning system by ensuring the coordination of development planning process at the national, regional and local authorities and the national development planning and budgeting coherence, promoting the country's sustainable development and economic growth;
2.2. monitoring the national long and medium term planning document for the development and implementation process;
2.3. ensuring communication and coordinated action between the institutions of the public administration, regions, business operators, researchers and the public.
3. the Council shall have the following tasks: identify the State 3.1 strategic planning document development guidelines, to provide their feedback and to monitor the progress of implementation;
3.2. to make recommendations to the national long-term planning document is Latvia's sustainable development guidelines, "design, implementation and monitoring process;
3.3. The Cabinet of Ministers before submission to review annual progress report on the Latvian National Development Plan 2007-2013 implementation;
3.4. to give proposals to the Cabinet on new development planning documents and legislation, as well as the necessary amendments to the development planning documents and legislation, to the successful implementation of certain strategic objectives and national priorities;
3.5. to coordinate and monitor national strategic analysis and research system, ensuring the coordination of national and sectoral development planning.
4. the Council shall have the following rights: 4.1 establish working groups to ensure public security and national interests of the State coordination of sustainable development process in the country;
4.2. to request and to receive through the Secretariat of the Council of State and local authorities to carry out its functions, the necessary information;
4.3. to invite the State, municipal and other officials of the institutions and non-governmental organisations, as well as Latvian National Development Plan 2007-2013 expert working groups to participate in the Board meetings in an advisory capacity.
5. The President of the Council is the Prime Minister. Deputy Chairman of the Council's regional development and local Government Minister.
6. the Council shall consist of: 6.1. Minister of Economic Affairs;
6.2. the Minister of finance;
6.3. the Minister of education and science;
6.4. Minister of culture;
6.5. the Minister of welfare;
6.6. traffic Minister;
6.7. the Minister of health;
6.8. the Minister of environment;
6.9. the Minister of agriculture;
6.10. the children and Family Affairs;
6.11. the special task Minister for electronic Government Affairs;
6.12. the Minister with special responsibility for European Union funds learning matters;
6.13. the Director of the State Chancellery;
6.14. Kurzeme Regional Development Council Chairman;
6.15. the planning of Latgale region Development Council Chairman;
6.16. Riga planning region Development Council Chairman;
6.17. Vidzeme planning region Development Council Chairman;
6.18. Zemgale planning region Development Council Chairman;
6.19. the Chairman of the Union of local authorities;
6.20. the President of the Bank of Latvia;
6.21. The Parliament's education, culture and science in the National development plan of the Commission monitoring the implementation of the Chairman of the Sub-Commission;
6.22. the President of the Academy of Sciences;
6.23. the Latvian Chamber of Commerce and industry President;
6.24. The employers ' Confederation of Latvia's President;
6.25. The Latvian free trade union Chairman;
6.26. the Civil Alliance Director;
6.27. Strategic Analysis Commission President.
7. The work of the Council chaired by the President of the Council, or in his absence, the Deputy Chairman of the Council. The President of the Council shall be convened and chaired by: 7.1 the Council meeting;
7.2. confirms the Council meeting agenda;
7.3. the representative of the Council;
7.4. signature of Council decisions Council meeting minutes, and other documents.
8. the Council meetings to meet not less than four times a year.
9. The Council shall meet on the initiative of the President of the Council or at the request of more than half of the members of the Council.
10. The first meeting of the Council shall be convened by the President of the Council.
11. the Council meetings are open to the public. The meetings of the Advisory Council of the right to participate in the Council's Chairman, his Deputy, or the members of the Council invited (by matching with the Council Chairperson or his alternate), representatives of the institutions and experts.
12. the Council are valid if they are sitting on more than half of the Board members.
13. the Council decisions, the open vote, with a simple present Council members. If the vote splits equal, the Chairman of the Board shall have a casting vote.
14. The decisions of the Council's recommendations.
15. the minutes of the Council and Council decision shall be recorded in minutes. The Protocol specifies the meeting agenda, meeting participants, and the people who commented on the matter, and the decisions taken. If a member disagrees with the decision, the Council Member's views, at his request, be recorded in the minutes. The minutes shall be signed by the Chairman and the Registrar.
16. the functions of the Secretariat of the Council shall take the regional development and local government Ministry. Regional development and local government Ministry: 16.1. no later than five working days before the Council meeting Council members electronically Council meeting agendas and related materials;
16.2. no later than five working days after the Council meeting to all members of the Council shall forward the minutes of the proceedings of the Council, as well as all concerned bodies and officials – the decisions of the Council;
16.3. provide information and documents among the members of the Council, public administration bodies and other partners involved;
16.4. performs other tasks related to the management of the Council's work and logistic.
Prime Minister a. Halloween regional development and local Government Minister a. Štokenberg Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 23 February 2007.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia