Meat, Minced Meat, Mechanically Separated Meat, Meat Preparations And Meat Products Labelling Provisions
Original Language Title: Gaļas, maltas gaļas, mehāniski atdalītas gaļas, gaļas izstrādājumu un gaļas produktu marķēšanas noteikumi
Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/153852
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 156 in Riga in 2007 (27 February. 43. § 16) meat, minced meat, mechanically separated meat, meat preparations and meat products labelling rules Issued in accordance with the law of the food chain monitoring 13. the third paragraph of article i. General questions 1. determines the health and identification marking requirements for meat, minced meat, mechanically separated meat, meat preparations and meat products obtained in Latvia and distributed by the local market.
2. compliance with the provisions of the control of the food and veterinary service (hereinafter service).
II. General labelling requirements 3. health marking shall be marked With the animal's carcase shall be declared fit for human consumption, if the service authorized veterinary doctor before an animal health inspection carried out in accordance with the requirements established by the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004, Regulation (EC) No 854/2004 laying down specific rules for products of animal origin intended for human consumption for the organisation of official controls (hereinafter regulation 854/2004).
4. health marking shall be marked With the animal (except poultry and zaķveidīgo) the carcases in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 854/2004, using colours, authorised in accordance with the legislation on minimum safety requirements for the use of food additives.
5. The health mark may, in letters at least 0.8 cm in height and the height of at least 1 cm. 6. identification mark label cut meat, minced meat, mechanically separated meat, meat preparations and meat products in accordance with European Parliament and Council of 29 April 2004, Regulation (EC) No 853/2004 laying down specific hygiene rules for food of animal origin (hereinafter Regulation No 853/2004) as well as poultry and meat zaķveidīg.
7. the information on the label is legible, comprehensible and indelible.
III. Specific labelling requirements 8. Meat cut meat, minced meat, mechanically separated meat, meat preparations and meat products obtained or manufactured from all species of livestock food companies that are authorized to distribute only the products in the domestic market, marked by a rectangular health or identification mark. Information placed on the label as follows: 8.1 – at the top of the name or the abbreviation;
8.2.-food at the bottom of the approval number of the establishment.
9. If the House and the meat of wild swine be examined by a trihineloskopij (compression) method to determine the presence of Trichinella in accordance with Commission of 5 December 2005, Regulation (EC) No 2075/2005 laying down specific rules on official controls for Trichinella in meat, the meat is marked with rectangular health marking, which cross the horizontal axis of two parallel stripes, located at least 1 cm away from each other. Information placed on the label as follows: 9.1 – at the top of the name or the abbreviation;
9.2.-food at the bottom of the approval number of the establishment.
10. These regulations 8 and 9 the health marking referred to in paragraph 1 shall be at least 4.5 cm wide and at least 6.5 cm long.
11. meat of domestic ungulates (hoofed agricultural and meat from solipeds) obtained, animal emergency, battle outside the slaughterhouse in accordance with the requirements referred to in Regulation No 853/2004 shall be marked with the health mark diamond. Diamond edge length is at least 4.5 cm. place the following label information: 11.1. top-the name of the country or its abbreviation;
11.2.-food at the bottom of the approval number of the establishment.
12. minced meat obtained pursuant to Regulation No 853/2004 requirements but does not meet the Commission's December 5, 2005, Regulation (EC) no 2076/2005 laying down transitional rules for the European Parliament and Council Regulation (EC) No 853/2004, 854/2004 and (EC) No 882/2004 and amending regulations (EC) No 853/2004 and No 854/2004, the criteria for the percentage of fat, connective tissue and meat protein ratio shall be marked with a square identification marks. Information placed on the label the following: 12.1. top-the name of the country or its abbreviation;
12.2.-food at the bottom of the approval number of the establishment.
13. Poultry and meat zaķveidīg (small amounts), which is deemed fit for human consumption in accordance with the laws and regulations on minimum safety requirements for poultry and meat zaķveidīg movement on a small scale, marked with regular triangular form of the identification marks. Information placed on the label as follows: 13.1. top: name or abbreviation;
13.2.-food at the bottom of the registration number of the establishment.
14. Wild game meat (small amounts), which is deemed fit for human consumption in accordance with the laws and regulations on the quality of the animals or their meat hunted by Hunter obtained, stored and transported directly to the final consumer on a small scale, marked with a regular Pentagon type marking. Information placed on the label as follows: 14.1. top: name or abbreviation;
14.2.-at the bottom of the food chain stakeholders registration number.
15. use meat by infectious animal disease-related restrictions, in accordance with the laws and regulations on animal and animal product circulation and procedures issued by the veterinary health certificates, marked with the relevant type of marking according to these rules 8, 9 and 13. Mark cross the two dashes, which, without affecting the perception of the information, the label in the middle of the four angles.
IV. Closing questions 16. point 8 of these regulations shall apply to food companies that farming until January 1, 2006.
17. These rules 8, 9, 10 and 12 shall remain in force until 31 December 2009.
Prime Minister a. Halloween farming Minister, Minister with special responsibility for the acquisition of funds from the European Union's Affairs n. Brok Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on March 3, 2007.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia