Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/153846
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 147 in Riga in 2007 (27 February. No 16 26) Riga Technical College Regulations Issued under the University Act 10.1 the first paragraph of article i. General questions 1. Riga Technical College (the College) is a State founded by the Ministry of education and science, under the supervision of an educational institution, which after the acquisition of secondary education provides the opportunity to get first level professional higher education and the fourth level of professional qualifications.
2. College name: Latvian language 2.1 – Riga Technical College (abbreviation: RTK);
2.2. English language – Riga Technical College.
3. the registered office of the College-Ford 16 Street, Riga, LV-1035, Latvia.
4. College representation, management and decision-making bodies is a College Council (hereinafter Council), the head of the College (the Director) and the internal audit Commission (hereinafter referred to as the Audit Commission). The Council is the College staff and the governing body of collegiate decision-making body. The Director is the highest officer of the College, the College of General Administrative and business management and without specific authorisation by the representative College. The supreme governing body of the College and authority in strategic, financial and economic issues are the Ministry of education and science.
5. the College has its own flag, coat of arms, Crest, motto and anthem.
II. activities of the College and the basic task of College activity 6 axes are as follows: 6.1 develop and implement the first level professional higher education programs in engineering, information technology, social studies and transport services;
6.2. to implement the educational process, promote student personal development and provide an opportunity to get first level professional higher education and a fourth level of professional qualifications, as well as the laws and regulations in order to issue diplomas for first level professional higher education;
6.3. to provide for the possibility for the student to prepare for the continuing education for the second level professional higher education and professional qualifications at level 5.
7. College objectives are the following: 7.1. cooperation with employers to develop a professional study program according to the profession mass standards and national standards of vocational training and organize its implementation;
7.2. in cooperation with the social partners to develop the content and methods of examining sausage, as well as organize the qualification examinations;
7.3. ensure the study process and the quality of the test to the vocational college education and professional qualifications recognised in Latvia and abroad;
7.4. to perform research in engineering, information technology, social studies and transport services;
7.5. to organize the College activities the axes of the appropriate measures (Mayor, public courses, lectures, conferences);
7.6. to cooperate with Latvian and foreign educational institutions and employers in the field of vocational training;
7.7. to inform the public about the activities of the College and professional education opportunities in College;
7.8. take economic and other activities which are not contrary to the laws and actions of the axes of the College.
III. the Council 8. Council elections organised by the Director. The Council further, by secret ballot. Representatives from the Council to work more academic and general staff and student middle category concerned only staff members. The Director and Deputy Director shall be included in the Council without election.
9. the Council is composed of 15 members: 9.1 the Director;
9.2. the Deputy Director;
9.3. the six academic staff representatives (the College is their main job place);
9.4. two general staff representatives;
9.5. three student self-government representatives;
9.6. the two authorized employer or professional organizations, or vocational training and employment of the trilateral cooperation apakšpadom delegated representatives.
10. the Council shall elect the Chairman and the Secretary of the Council. Representatives and the President of the Council shall lay down the procedure for the regulation of activities of the Council.
11. the composition of the Council and Council regulations on the approval of the Ministry of education and science. The Council's term of Office is three years.
12. The Council shall: 12.1. approve the College's long-term and medium-term operational strategy;
12.2. the approved courses;
12.3. Approves the research directions;
12.4. draw up proposals on student enrollment and new study programmes;
12.5. decide on the formation of the departments of the College, and reorganize and approve the regulations;
12.6. Approves the Charter of academic and administrative posts in College;
12.7. Approves the regulations on the study and test procedures in College;
12.8. This provision confirms the 20 elected in accordance with the procedure prescribed by the Audit Commission and its rules;
12.9. approve the internal rules of the College;
12.10. accepts the Audit Commission report;
12.11. adopt the Director's report;
12.12. support and promote the activities of the Student Government, as well as the student self-government rules;
12.13. Approves the College flag, coat of arms, emblem, motto and anthem;
12.14. establish college regulations and amendments;
12.15. proposes that the question about the college name or legal status;
12.16. decide on other issues which, in accordance with this regulation within its competence.
13. The Board of Governors shall be convened by its Chairman, Director or at least five members of the Council. The Council meets at least once every two months.
14. the Council is valid, if the hearing at least 10 Council members. Decisions shall be taken by a simple majority vote, or by secret ballot. Vote by secret ballot if requested by at least one third of the present members of the Council. If the votes of the Council members divided into similar, the President of the Council shall have a casting vote.
15. the Director has a suspensive veto rights in respect to the decisions of the Council. After the veto question of application of the harmonisation, the Commission examined. The Commission shall set up a Coordination Council. It shall consist of the Director, the Chairman of the Board and one representative of the academic staff, general staff, and studying the interpretative. The Reconciliation Commission decision approving the next Council meeting. Council decision shall enter into force if, by secret ballot, on the vote not less than two-thirds of the present members of the Council.
16. some of the issues the Council may establish advisory boards and approve the regulations.
IV. The Director 17. tender of the Director recruiting and released from work by the Ministry of education and science.
18. the Director shall be responsible for the operation of the College, the College implemented a tratīv admin and economic management and without specific authorisation by the representative College.
19. Directors: 19.1. recruiting and exempt from the Darba College academic and general staff and Deputy Director position;
19.2. issue a binding order of the staff college;
19.3. in accordance with its mandate, shall decide on the resources of the College;
19.4. organizes the Audit Commission elections;
19.5. organizing, academic staff and administrative staff still on the horse;
12.2. present to the Council and the Ministry of education and Science College activities annual report and provides opportunities for staff to consult the annual report;
19.7. upon coordination with the higher education Council to approve the additional requirements with regard to prior special education, special fitness and preparedness for membership in specific courses.
19.8. the responsibility for the use of the financial resources of the College;
12.4. to fulfil other tasks defined in this regulation.
(V). Audit Commission. the Audit Commission of 20 three-person elected by the College in the composition of the staff of elections by secret ballot. The Audit Commission is composed of one elected representative of the academic staff, one elected representative of the General staff and one elected student government representative. The Audit Commission representative in the category of more staff members. The election of the representatives is determined by the order of the Court of the Commission's regulations. The Audit Commission term of Office is three years.
21. the Commission must not be employees who have administrative position or the Council.
22. the Commission has the following rights: 22.1. to check the College complying with laws and regulations of the College, as well as the Council and the decisions of the Director;
22.2. to acquaint themselves with all documents relating to the College's financial and economic activity.
23. The Audit Commission inspection at least once a year and report on the results of the audit Council and staff.
Vi. College departments in the education process, 24 research, organizational, economic or job College consists of the departments.
25. the Department tasks, functions and structure of the unit right down the regulations. The Unit Manager is responsible for the work of the Department.
26. the College pamatstruktūrvienīb education and research will take the nai's Department. The organizational, economic and operational work of the College can also consist of other departments.
27. The Department is a Department in the exercise of the related profile first level professional higher education study programmes. The task of the Department is to implement the program of study, conduct research, interact with other College departments, educational institutions, employers and non-governmental organizations.
28. The Department has at least eight academic staff representatives holding elected positions. Chair shall be elected according to the provisions of 12.6 below. above rules.
29. the College's departments of Riga technical college vocational high school "in the exercise of professional secondary education programs. The structure of the administrative work of the unit headed by the Deputy Director, and is organisationally and financially separate from the College.
VII. The College personnel 30. College personnel (hereinafter? staff): 30.1. academic staff;
30.2. the General staff;
31. the Staff College shall be entitled to use the facilities, equipment, inventory, library, and other objects, in accordance with the internal rules of the College.
32. the staff are obliged to promote the College and action to support the launch of its dark. Personnel shall have the right to participate in management and governance decisions and internal rules and in making decisions affecting staff interests, participate in collegiate management organ of the College meetings, submit proposals, as well as to be heard.
33. Academic staff: 33.1. Assistant Professor;
33.3. the Assistant.
34. the Person elected in academic and administrative positions elected by open competition in accordance with the provisions of the regulations referred to in paragraph 12.6. The contest is advertised for at least a month before the election, the publication of a notice in the newspaper "journal".
35. academic positions may elect a person with doctorate or master's degree.
36. The professional study programme profile subjects of the post of Assistant Professor may hold a person with higher education without degree, if it is appropriate for the subject matter concerned at least seven years seniority in practice. Requirements of the following associate of sliding position applicants, approved by the Council. Professional study programme profile subjects or Assistant lecturer posts can take a person with higher education without degree, if it is the subject matter appropriate for at least five years ' seniority in practice.
37. the elections in academic and administrative posts are elected by secret ballot. The person elected Director shall conclude work contracts to the ku-election six years ago.
38. academic staff have the following responsibilities: 38.1. creative and responsible participation in the implementation of the programme of study;
38.2. constantly improve their professional qualifications;
23.8. to observe the rules of professional conduct;
23.9. to answer for their actions and their results;
38.5. ensure the student opportunities to exercise their rights in college.
39. academic staff have the following rights: 24.3. the study programmes according to the regulations on the study and test procedures to determine the free courses and test game content, forms and methods;
24.4. the research work, freely choose research methods, evaluate and publish research results;
39.3. submit proposals for action relevant to the objective of the College events;
24.5. to offer new courses and to propose new courses;
24.5. proposals on College development and internal policing;
24.6. to be elected for representation, Management College, institutions and decision-making bodies.
40. Persons admitted to a College in accordance with the regulations laid down in the student admissions requirements and the additional requirements of the College.
41. it is the responsibility of the student to successfully learn the chosen study programme to comply with the Statute, the Council of the College approved regulations and internal rules.
42. the College Student creates student self-government. The student administration work in accordance with its designed and approved regulations. Regulations of the Board.
43. The student authority have the right to request and receive from the College representative, management bodies and organs shall administer the ERS information and clarification on the issues that affect the interests of the student.
44. The student self-government representatives have the right to participate in the activities of the decision-makers in the College. The student self-government representatives in the Council have suspensive right of veto in matters that affect the interests of the student. If necessary, create a Conciliation Commission, the Council and the issue be re-examined at the next meeting of the Council. The Reconciliation Commission decision approved by the Council. Council decision shall enter into force if, by secret vote, the vote of not less than two-thirds of the present members of the Council.
45. Student self-government decisions after they have been approved by the Council are binding on all students.
VIII. Programme development and validation studies process 46. Governing Council approved regulations.
47. the development of courses and enroll in the academic departments of might.
48. On the content of the study programme and be responsible for the implementation of the study.
49. In conclusion the State test. National test component is skill development and advocacy.
50. the study programme and the decision on the termination of the implementation of the programme shall be adopted by the Council.
51. If the program is eliminated, the College provided the student an opportunity to continue studies in another college courses or courses in another college or University.
IX. Internal procedures governing the adoption of documents 52. College internal practices in regulatory documents approved by the Director.
53. The College departments of internal procedures of regulatory documents approved by the head of the Department in accordance with the Statute of the unit, but if the unit is not defined in statute law, departments of internal procedures governing the documents approved by the Director.
X. Administrative and factual conduct opposition procedures 54. College activities rule of law provides the Director.
55. The college officials issued administrative provisions and actual action may be challenged, by submitting the submissions to the Director. The Director's decision on the college officials issued regulations and actual action may appeal to the Court.
56. the Director of the administrative acts issued and actual action may be challenged in the Ministry of education and science. The Ministry of education and science of the decision may be appealed in court.
XI. College funding sources 57. College financial resources: 57.1. State budget grant from the general revenue;
57.2. revenues for the services and other revenue;
57.3. foreign financial resources;
57.4. legal and physical person donations and gifts.
XII. The College Charter and its amendments, the initiation and development of 58. Proposals for amendments of the regulations, the development of the College Council created the Commission. The Commission shall lay down the procedure for the Council approved regulations.
59. Proposals for amendments to the Statute of the College College of education and Science Ministry submitted.
XIII. reorganization and liquidation of the College 60. Decision on reorganization or liquidation of the College by the Minister of education and science in the Cabinet of Ministers adopted the proposal.
Prime Minister a. Halloween, Minister of education and science b. Rivž Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on March 3, 2007.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia