Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/155225
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No 209 in Riga in 2007 (March 27. No 21) Environmental Advisory Council in accordance with the regulations issued by the State administration of machine article 13 of the law i. General question 1. Environmental Advisory Council (hereinafter Council) is an advisory body which koor dinējoš actions aim to promote public participation in environmental policy development and implementation.
II. the Council functions, tasks and rights 2. The Council has the following functions: 2.1 to promote legal and policy planning document drafts and issues affecting environmental policy;
2.2. to encourage cooperation and exchange of information in the field of the environment between individuals and society as a whole, as well as State authorities and municipalities.
3. the Council shall have the following tasks: 2.1. According to the public interest to provide the Ministry of the environment and other sectoral ministries, proposals for legislative projects and policy planning document projects, as well as the European Union's international law projects that focus on environmental policy;
3.2. to inform the public about current events in the field of the environment, the placing of the information notified to the Ministry of environment website on the internet.
4. the Council shall have the following rights: 4.1 request from the Ministry of the environment and its subordinated bodies to the Council the information required for operation;
4.2. create working groups to prepare the meetings of the Council of the escalated issues and draft documents, and invite experts-professionals of the sector concerned;
4.3. to invite to meetings of Council, Environment Ministry officials and industry experts;
4.4. the mandate of the representative of the Council to express their views of the Council of State and municipal institutions;
4.5. to inform the public about current events in the field of the environment.
III. delegation of the representatives of the Council and Council building arrangements 5. delegated representatives To work in the Council, and the foundations of the society once a year (until April 1) submitted to the Ministry of the environment: 5.1 an application for delegation of the representative Council;
5.2. the society and Foundation Board (meeting) a decision is delegated one representative member of the Governing Council. The decision shall specify the representatives contact information (address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail address);
5.3. the Association and Foundation's registration certificate and a copy of the statutes.
6. If you have received at least six applications for delegation of the representative Council, Ministry of the environment: 6.1 creates a Council of three members of the Electoral Commission of people;
6.2. within 10 working days of organizing elections of the members of the Council. On the vēlēš of Albania, in writing and electronically notify the associations and foundations, which delegated their representative.
7. election of the members of the Council are blocked. Election by election, the representative of the Commission. From each society and Foundation elections one point 5 of these regulations in accordance with the procedure laid down in the delegated representative.
8. the Commission shall prepare a ballot. Newsletters that all society and Foundation names that have delegated their representative.
9. the representative of the society and Foundation on the ballot in no more than 20 associations and Foundation. The bulletin noted more than 20 foundations, created terror and considered invalid.
10. the Electoral Commission count the votes and by the vote results organize society and Foundation in descending order. Elected is not less than six and not more than 20 associations and foundations, which received the most votes.
11. If the vote splits equal and exceed this provision laid down in paragraph 9, the number of Council members, the Council shall elect the associations or foundations, which last longer. If there are a number of associations and foundations, which election results are the same and equal time, elected by the Association or Foundation, with the greatest number of members.
12. the results of the vote in the minutes (the first working day following the results of the vote puts the Environment Ministry's website on the internet).
13. The members of the Council approved manpower Minister of environment, based on associations and foundations during the elections. Ministry of the environment shall convene the first meeting of the Council.
14. The members of the Council at the first meeting of the Council of the members of the Council nominated by no less than two candidates for President of the Council. The President of the Council shall be elected, open vote. If the vote splits, hold the same repeated nominations and voting.
15. The members of the Council at the first meeting of the Council of the members of the Council nominated by no less than two Council candidates. Deputy Chairman of the Council shall be elected by open vote. If the vote splits equal, the Chairman of the Board shall have a casting vote.
IV. Activities of the Council of 16 Council Secretariat functions shall be the Ministry of the environment. An sekr tariāt Council has the following functions: 16.1. to ensure the technical work of the Council;
16.2. to provide systematic correspondence of the Council, the current lag and movement document information;
16.3. to summarize the proposals of the members of the Council on the Council's agenda to include issues, as well as preparing draft documents to the Council meetings;
16.4. to prepare Council meetings agenda and send it to all the members of the Council, as well as insert, Ministry of the environment website on the internet;
16.5. to ensure the Council is sitting, the meeting participants register;
16.6. to record the sessions of the Council;
16.7. to follow the implementation of the decision of the Council and regularly inform the Council;
16.8. within five working days after the meeting of the Council to prepare and electronically send the minutes of the proceedings of all the Council members;
16.9. annually prepare a report on the work of the Council (report in the Ministry of the environment website on the internet).
17. The Council meeting chaired by the President of the Council. Council in the absence of the President, his duties shall be carried out by the Council's Vice Chairman.
18. the Council meetings are open to the public. The President of the Council shall be convened at least once every two months. On hearing of the time and place of the Council Secretariat will notify all members of the Council no later than five working days before the Council meeting. Information about the Council and its agenda of five working days before the meeting placed the Ministry of the environment website on the internet.
19. The Council escalated issues may propose any member of the Council.
20. the Council extraordinary meeting shall be convened by the President of the Council, with the consent of not less than five members of the Council.
21. the Council are valid if they are sitting on more than half of the Board members.
22. the Council decision shall be adopted by a simple majority. Each Council Member has one vote. The vote also included votes that are cast in writing before the hearing "for" and "against". If the vote splits equal, the Chairman of the Board shall have a casting vote. The decisions of the Council's recommendations. Outside experts have Advisory rights.
23. the minutes of the Council. The minutes of the sitting of the Council indicate the agenda, discussions and decisions, as well as persons who participated in the meeting, and the people who commented on the matter. The minutes shall be signed by the President and the Secretary.
Prime Minister, the Defense Minister a. Slakter a Minister of environment r. vējonis Editorial Note: regulations shall enter into force by 31 March 2007.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia