Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/155476
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 231 in Riga in 2007 (April 3. No 22 18) regulations on volatile organic compounds emissions from certain products Issued in accordance with the law "on pollution" article 11 paragraph 12 of part two and a quarter and the chemicals and chemical products Act article 12 the third paragraph and article 16 i. General questions 1. determines: 1.1. procedures for controlled emission of volatile organic compounds from paints, varnishes and vehicle refinishing materials (hereinafter referred to as the product);
1.2. requirements for product labelling;
1.3. specific environmental requirements for transactions with the products which contain elevated contents of volatile organic compounds.
2. the rules shall have the following terms: 2.1 volatile organic compound-organic compound having an initial boiling point temperature is 250 ° C or lower, if the reference pressure is 101.3 kPa;
2.2. content of volatile organic compounds – the mass of volatile organic compounds (expressed in grams per liter (g/l)) ready-to-use product, except for the volatile organic compound content that, during the drying to chemical reaction, forms a part of the coverage.
3. Subject to the provisions of these rules referred to in annex 1 product for those that are produced or marketed, except: 3.1 products used in equipment which, in accordance with the laws and regulations on the procedures for the inevitable, controlled and controllable air pollutant emissions from stationary sources of pollution, the environment of Latvia included, geology and Meteorology Agency list. That list publicly available in Latvian environment, geology and Meteorology Agency Web page on the internet;
3.2. the products offered on the market under the provisions of point 7 and 8.
II. Procedures for limiting volatile organic compounds in products and product labelling requirements 4. This provision 2. products referred to in annex offers on the market, if the content of volatile organic compounds in products not exceeding that set out in the annex to the volatile organic compound content limit values and they are labelled in accordance with these rules and regulations, which govern the requirements for chemical and chemical product labels.
5. the labelling of the product on the label or packaging in addition to the General requirements laid down in the laws about chemical and chemical product labelling shall bear the following information: 5.1 the product and the relevant sub-group of volatile organic compounds content limits (g/l) in accordance with the provisions of annex 2;
5.2. volatile organic compound content (g/l) for use in the finished product.
6. The rules set out in annex 2 of the volatile organic compound content of maximum limit values refer to the products ready for use, to the products ready for use which are derived, the rules referred to in annex 1 products adding organic solvent or other organic solvent-containing components.
III. Arrangements for the issue of licences for the purchase of a product or trade, which has increased the content of organic solvents 7. Individuals (traders) may be placed on the market of products containing volatile organic compounds existing content exceeds this provision 2. the limit values specified in annex if it has received a license to trade in products containing high content of organic solvents (hereinafter licence).
8. A private person (buyer) may be purchased on the market products containing existing content of volatile organic compounds of more than 2 of these rules the limit values specified in annex I, if it has received a license. The licence shall be issued when the products concerned are required to restore an antique vehicle coverage or renovated, restore or maintain cultural monuments (for example, buildings, towns and other settlements in the historic center, as well as individual parts and fragments) in accordance with the laws and regulations on the protection of cultural monuments.
9. A dealer that offers the market products with the volatile organic compound content exceeding that rule 2. the limit values specified in annex, the list of the products to the buyer. Accounting records indicate the name of the products sold and the quantities, as well as: 9.1. natural persons – the buyer's first name, last name, ID number, address and license number;
9.2. legal entities – the buyer's company, registration number, address and license number.
10. in paragraph 9 of these regulations, these records kept by traders for five years and shown at paragraph 23 of these rules control bodies referred to in the request.
11. Licences shall be issued by the national environment service regional environmental administration.
12. in order to receive a license, dealer or the buyer shall provide national environment service regional environmental management application (annex 3). If the license does not require the purchase of a product, to be renovated, restore or maintain a cultural monument, the application shall be accompanied by the national cultural monument protection Inspectorate issuing assurances on compliance with the relevant object of cultural monument status. If the license does not require the purchase of a product, to restore the antique vehicle coverage, the application shall be accompanied by the society "Latvian Antique car club" issued assurances on the status of the vehicle's conformity with the antique vehicle status.
13. for this provision the proof referred to in point 12 of the purchase of the products, the buyer shall submit the application (annex 4) in one of the following institutions: 13.1. national cultural monument protection Inspectorate, to buy the products for the restoration of cultural monuments, restoration or maintenance;
13.2. society "Latvian Antique car club" to purchase product for antique vehicle Pro coating recharges.
14. the national cultural monument protection Inspectorate or society "Latvian Antique car club" 20 days after the rules referred to in paragraph 13 of the receipt of the application, a receipt or notify the applicant about the refusal to issue a certificate, if the object does not match the cultural monument status or the vehicle does not meet the antique vehicle status.
15. National Environment services of the regional environmental authority within 30 days after this Regulation referred to in paragraph 12 of the receipt of the application, shall issue the license (add 5 Kuma) or a reasoned refusal to issue a license.
16. The national environmental service manages a register of licences issued. The register is publicly available national environmental service website on the internet.
17. National Environment services of the regional environmental authority shall not grant a licence in the following cases: 17.1. application does not contain all the required information or provides false statements;
17.2. the purchaser has not submitted that rule 12 envelope referred to in paragraph Morrow.
18. If the control body finds that the licensee violating the licence conditions or do not follow that rule 9 or 20. the requirements laid down in paragraph 1, the license is cancelled in the following order: 18.1. the control authorities shall draw up legislation on infringements detected. The Act specifies the deadlines for the correction of the irregularity and the measures to be taken. The national sanitary inspection with a copy of the Act of infringement of the licensor – national environment service regional environmental governance;
18.2 If the infringement established, national environment service regional environmental authority shall take a decision on the withdrawal of the licence and shall carry out the appropriate entry in the register of licences issued;
18.3. the unused products within three months following the cancellation of the licence, shall be transmitted to the person with the appropriate license, or managed according to laws and regulations governing the management of hazardous waste.
19. National Environment Service regional environmental regulatory decisions taken with respect to the requirements of this regulation, may be challenged by environmental monitoring national Office in the administrative procedure law.
20. the licensee: 20.1. each year, before 1 February, submitted to the State Environment Service regional environmental management report for the preceding year, marketed or purchased used products (annex 6);
20.2. is responsible for the compliance with the conditions of the licence and shall not be entitled to transfer the license to other parties or put the products to persons who do not have the appropriate license.
IV. Requirements for products manufacturer 21. product manufacturer ensure that the volatile organic compound content of products, to comply with the rules referred to in annex 2 of the volatile organic compound content of maximum limit values.
22. The manufacturer of the product information on the volatile organic compound content of these rules laid down in annex 2 products indicates the production of the product in the technical documentation.
V. control bodies 23. compliance with these rules according to the competency control: 23.1. State sanitary inspection, the marketing of products;
23.2. The national environmental service-product production and professional use.
24. The non-compliance of the party is called to administrative responsibility in accordance with the Latvian Code of administrative offences.
25. the national sanitary inspection controls the products with the requirements of these provisions and examine the activities of persons associated with the marketing of products. Each year up to February 1, the national sanitary inspection services shall submit the national environment to gather information about products to control the results of the previous calendar year.
26. the National Environment Department prepared an informative report on the implementation of the requirements of these regulations. The report contains the following information: 26.1. details of control institutions examinations and their results in accordance with the provisions of article 23 and 25;
26.2. details of licences issued in accordance with paragraph 16 of these terms;
26.3. the preceding year or purchased, the quantity of products marketed under licence the reports submitted by the recipient.
27. The national environmental service information report submitted to the Environment Ministry the following time limits: 27.1 to 1 May 2008 – for the period from 1 January 2007 to 31 December;
27.2. until May 1, 2011-for the period from 1 January 2010 to 31 December 2010;
27.3. starting with January 1, 2011,-every five years – until 1 May next year.
28. Volatile organic compound content of products allowed the laboratories that are accredited by the national agency "Latvian National Accreditation Bureau" to the standard LVS EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005 "the competence of testing and calibration laboratories-General requirements" and for which the Ministry of Economic Affairs has published a notice in the newspaper "Gazette", as well as the European Union and the European economic area accredited laboratories. The analysis uses the rules referred to in annex 7 method of analysis.
29. the National Environment Department after coordination with the Ministry of environment inserts the information report on their website on the internet.
Vi. Closing questions 30. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet on 1 November 2005, Regulation No 833 "regulations on volatile organic compounds emissions from certain products" (Latvian journal, 2005, nr. 181).
31. products manufactured before this provision is laid down in annex 2 dates and that the content of volatile organic compounds exceeds that laid down in the annex contains limit values for organic compounds, allowed the market for no more than 12 months after the entry into force of the restriction.
32. This provision 2. products referred to in the annex to the manufacturer or dealer: 32.1. This provision 2. products referred to in paragraph 1 of this rule of counting 2. second period set out in the annex to 2009 – 31 December;
32.2. within 30 days after this rule 32.1. the expiry of the period referred to in subparagraph shall provide the relevant national environment service regional environmental administration written notice of the amount of the products listed in the inventory.
Informative reference to European Union Directive provisions included in the law arising from the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 April 2004, Directive 2004/42/EC on the limitation of emissions of volatile organic compounds, which result from the use of organic solvents in certain paints and varnishes and vehicle refinishing products and amending Directive 1999/13/EC.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Environment Minister r. vējonis Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 6 April 2007.
Annex 1: Cabinet 3 April 2007 the Regulation No. 231 products and their sub-groups, subject to rules 1. Provisions relate to paints and varnishes (excluding aerosols): the chemical products used to make coatings (preparation containing organic solvents and used for decorative, protective or other film's) buildings, their trim and elements, as well as related structures. A group of paint and varnish coatings shall be divided into the following subgroups: 1. Matt coatings for interior walls and ceilings – coatings for interior walls and ceilings and the degree of gloss is ≤ 25 @ 60 (25-degree of gloss, 60-the angle at which a certain degree of gloss);
1.2. the glossy coatings for interior walls and ceilings – coatings for interior walls and ceilings and the degree of gloss is 60-25 @ > (25-degree of gloss, 60-the angle at which a certain degree of gloss);
1.3. basic inorganic coating of external walls – coatings for masonry, brick or stucco on the exterior walls;
1.4. internal or exterior trim and cladding paints for wood, metal or plastic-coatings for coating layer and the last starpklājum, which designed for application to trim and cladding which produce an opaque film (a continuous layer resulting from the basis whereby one or more rounds);
1.5. Interior and exterior trim varnishes and woodstains-coatings for wood, metal and plastic decoration and protection of and which produce a transparent or semi-transparent film, as well as opaque woodstains-coating wood decoration and protection against moisture, which form an opaque film (in accordance with the standard EN EN 927-1:2000 "paints and varnishes-coating materials and systems external wood work-part 1 : Classification and choice ") on average stable concentrations;
1.6. smalkbeic – stain whose average thickness (in accordance with the standard EN EN 927-1:2000 "paints and varnishes-coating materials and systems external wood works-part 1: classification and selection") is less than 5 µm (the test used in the standard LVS EN ISO 2808:2000 "paints and varnishes-determination of thickness of coating" method above 5A);
1.7. primer, coatings with sealing or blocking properties designed for use on wood, the walls or the ceiling;
1.8. binding primers, coatings designed to stabilise loose substrate particles or impart hydrophobic properties, as well as to protect wood against blue stain;
1.9. the one-performance coatings – coatings based on film-forming material and special quality, for example, the artificial material primer and topcoat, iron basic primer, reactive metals (such as zinc, aluminium) primer, anticorrosion finishes, wood and cement floor coating, protection against graffiti, fire suppression, health conditions for the production of food or health care;
1.10.-coatings-this annex referred to in point 1.9. coatings, which before use, add a second component (e.g. tertiary amines);
1.11. multicoloured coatings – coatings, which creates a two-tone or multiple-colour effect, directly from the primary application;
1.12. decorative coatings – coatings, which creates special aesthetic effects over specially prepared pre-painted substrates or base coats before and especially during the drying process.
2. Rules relating to vehicle refinishing materials used in industrial or commercial vehicle or part of the outside coating production equipment, vehicle repair, surface, measures of protection or decoration time by doing the following: 2.1. coating activity on road vehicles or parts of vehicle repair, conservation or decoration (excluding vehicles and industrial production of that part);
2.2. the original coating of road vehicles, or take parts, using refinishing materials (other than vehicles and parts for industrial manufacturing);
2.3. coating activity category O trailers (including semi-trailers).
3. vehicle refinishing coatings of materials group broken down into the following subgroups: 3.1 surface preparation and cleaning products that are designed for the old coating and rust removing mechanical or chemical, to prepare the surface as the basis for a new coating: spray and 3.1.1 equipment cleaners, degreasers, paint strippers (also the degreasers are artificial antistatic material degreasing) and Silicon-containing compound strippers;
3.1.2. priekštīrītāj-cleaners for removing surface dirt, preparing the surface coating material use;
3.2-bodywork-bodyfiller thick bodied compounds designed for surface roughness for completion of the deep surface imperfections prior to the application of fillers – use;-
3.3. primer-coated surface before gruntējoš in the treatment of the use of material for use on bare metal or existing finishes to provide surface protection against corrosion. Gruntējošo coatings are broken down as follows: 3.3.1. surface treatment materials-filler – coverage that just before the topcoat application fills the smallest surface roughness to ensure adhesion of the topcoat, protection against corrosion and the formation of a homogeneous surface;
3.3.2. General metal primer-coverage intended for priming, such as adhesion promoters, sealing materials, surface treatment materials and for the penultimate round on top of the plastic bottom "wet on wet", bezsmilš of PuTTY, PuTTY sprays;
3.3.3. Jet-wash primer coatings containing at least 0.5 percent of the mass of phosphoric acid and is intended to be applied directly to bare metal surfaces to ensure adhesion and increase resistance to corrosion, as well as the use of primers and mordant dyeing of welding solutions galvanized zinc surfaces;
3.4. – any pigmented topcoat coating intended for use as a single layer or as one of the layers to provide gloss and durability. They include: 3.4.1 primary colors-pigmented coatings designed for color (tone) and optical effect you want to achieve, but not coating systems Sheen or surface protection;
3.4.2. varnishes – transparent coatings, coating system, which is intended to make a final gloss and protection properties;
3.5. Special finishing coatings-products intended to be used as a topcoat, if one layer to achieve the particular characteristics, such as metallic or Pearl effect high quality colored or transparent varnishes (for example, pretskrāpējum or fluorinated Lake), reflective color, struktūrapdar coating, anti-skid finishing coating, ūdensnecaur laidīg of the sealing substances the body bottom trim, the guard impact varnishes, varnishes and internal finishing sprays.
Minister for the environment r. vējonis annex 2 Cabinet 3 April 2007 the Regulation No. 231 volatile organic compound content limit values maximum 1. Volatile organic compounds (VOC) content limit values the maximum of paints and varnishes set in table 1 of this annex.
table 1 no PO box
Product sub type of solvent I period, from 1 January 2007 to the VOC limit values (g/l) (1) (II) the period from 1 January 2010 the VOC limit values (g/l) 1 1.
Matt coatings for interior walls and ceilings (gloss 25 @ 60) ŪB is 150 400 100 100 3.
Coverage for inorganic basic external walls is ŪB 75 450 40 430 4.
Internal or external decoration cladding paints for wood and metal ŪB is 150 400 130 300 5.
The inner or exterior trim varnishes and woodstains (including opaque woodstains) ŪB is 150 500 130 400 6.
Internal or external finishing of ŪB smalkbeic is 150 700 130 700 7.
A primer on ŪB is 50 450 30 350 8.
Binding primers is ŪB 50 750 30 750 9.
One-performance coatings is ŪB 140 600 140 500 10.
The-spec of the ALA is the reactive coatings ŪB 140 550 140 500 11.
Multicoloured coatings is 150 400 100 100 ŪB notes.
1 the solvent concentration in the product ready for use.
2 ŪB – water-based coating materials-coatings, the viscosity of which is adjusted with water.
3-is the solvent base coating materials, coating material viscosity which are regulated by the organic solvent.
2. Volatile organic compound content limit values for vehicle refinishing materials specified in table 2 of this annex.
2. table no PO box
Product sub type of coating From 1 January 2007 VOC concentration (g/l) 1.
Surface preparation and cleaning līdzekļi1 surface preparation products to 200 2 850 priekštīrītāj.
Bodywork-bodyfiller all 250 3.
Primer surface treatment materials-filler and General metal primer to the surface of the Jet wash primer 780 4 540.
All topcoat 420 5.
Special finishing coatings all 840 note.
1 water content in the product ready for use, only this product.
Minister for the environment r. vējonis annex 3 Cabinet 3 April 2007 the Regulation No. 231 licence application operation with paints, varnishes and vehicle refinishing products which contain elevated contents of organic solvent Environment Minister r. vējonis annex 4 Cabinet 3 April 2007 the Regulation No. 231 the application for attestation of conformity of cultural monument objects or antique vehicle status Environment Minister r. vējonis annex 5 cabinet 3 April 2007 regulations no 231 license transaction with colors , varnishes and vehicle refinishing products which contain elevated contents of organic solvent Environment Minister r. vējonis annex 6 Cabinet 3 April 2007 the Regulation No. 231 the report on transactions with paints, varnishes and vehicle refinishing products which contain elevated contents of organic solvent, _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ __, the Minister for the environment r. vējonis annex 7 Cabinet of 3 April 2007 the Regulation No. 231 analysis methods to determine the content of volatile organic compounds in products no PO box
Parameter determination method of analysis the unit of publication date 1.
Volatile organic compounds content in g/l LVS EN ISO 11890-2 2001 "paints and varnishes, volatile organic compound content-part 2: Gas chromatographic method" 2001 2.
The content of volatile organic compounds, if added to the reactive diluents g/l ASTMD 2369 2003 Minister of environment r. vējonis
Search Translated Laws of Latvia