Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/156709
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 296 in Riga on May 2, 2007. (pr. No 26 28 §) rules on industrial fishing in the territorial waters and economic zone waters issued under the Fisheries Act, in article 13, first paragraph, point 1 i. General questions 1. determines the order in which industrial fishing: 1.1. natural and legal persons of the Republic of Latvia's territorial waters, its economic waters and other waters of the economic zone in the Baltic Sea;
1.2. foreign natural and legal persons of the Republic of Latvia's economic zone waters.
2. The Republic of Latvia's territorial waters is a specific part of the waters-coastal-where the depth does not exceed 20 metres.
3. On the water located on the sea side of the coast line, but the mouth of the river channel and the Baltic Sea (including the Gulf of Riga)-sea side of the line, which connects the river and the opposite shore of the channel at the stated points further out to sea (ports, rivers and channels on opposite sides of the waterworks or other structures at the stated points further out to sea), to a line from which is measured in the territorial waters of the Republic of Latvia, are subject to the same requirements as those provisions provide for coastal fishing.
4. the Republic of Latvia natural and legal persons (hereinafter referred to as the Latvian fishermen) are allowed to fish in this provision 1.1. waters referred to in part a, or if: 4.1. commercial fishing have received a special permit (license) for the purpose of commercial fishing, but fishing for domestic consumption, natural persons are registered in the national environmental service in marine and inland waters Administration (hereinafter referred to as the national environment authority);
4.2. the fishing vessels of overall length is 10 m or more, the species fished in the Baltic Sea or the waters of the Gulf of Riga is received additional authorization (permission), which, on the basis of the fishing rights leases in the annual fishing limits laid down by the Protocol and for fishing vessels, approved by the State Board of fisheries (hereinafter referred to as the fisheries authority). Such additional mandates (special authorization) also need less length of fishing vessels if the following requirements set out in the European Union are directly applicable legislation in the field of fisheries (hereinafter referred to as the laws of the European Union);
4.3. conclusion of fishing rights, lease agreements, under which the catch or fishing gear, the number limit, if necessary, also the fishing period or the number of fishing days (hereinafter referred to as the fishing limit) and received the national environmental guard fishing permit (license), but this provision referred to in paragraph 7, the Ministry of environment conservation Administration (hereinafter referred to as the nature protection Office) fishing permit (license). Fishing rights leases do not have to shut down if the fishing is carried out in accordance with the Cabinet of 7 august 2001 Regulation No. 359 of "licensed commercial fishing order.
5. foreign natural and legal persons (hereinafter referred to as foreign fishermen) fishing by fish and transhipment of Latvian economic zone waters based on: 5.1 European Union legislation, procedures and Member States of the European Union fishing rights laid down in accordance with the laws of the Member State concerned the competent institution has received additional authorization (permission) and a fishing permit (license);
5.2. the conclusion of the European Union or the international agreements with third countries (countries that are not Member States of the European Union), subject to the laws of the European Union to third countries set the agenda for the fishing and fishing rights, if you have received the national environmental authorities or competent institutions of the European Union's fishing permit (license).
6. The provisions referred to in point 1.1 of the waters or to any part thereof Latvian fishermen allowed to fish: 6.1 in accordance with the established fishing limits, which are determined each year by the fisheries administration in coordination with the Ministry of the environment, taking into account the European Union's legislation for Latvia allocated catch quotas, as well as Latvian fish resources in the Agency's recommendations;
6.2. the fishing vessels, of which a list shall be adopted each year in accordance with the fisheries administration of the fisheries and fishing areas, if necessary, the appropriate fish species of commercial fish, which is to be obtained, as well as in domestic consumption, fishing, if it uses vessels which length is 10 m or more;
6.3. the fishing vessels of overall length less than 10 m, which are not equipped with electric or hydraulic gear release and lifting appliances and used only for undifferentiated fishing coast.
7. Republic of Latvia's territorial waters and economic zone waters allowed to fish for scientific research purposes, and for other specific purposes (such as fish farming, acclimatization) after the relevant fisheries programme or project coordination with the fisheries administration and Ministry of environment, as well as under the following conditions: 7.1 is fishing with specialised research vessels or of Latvia the Latvian fishing vessels that have received environmental management fishing permit (licence) in accordance with the laws and regulations on the procedures for in which the question is to permit (license) for fishing research purposes and other special purposes, or foreign research vessels which have received the permission of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs research works;
7.2. The Fisheries Department after coordination with the Ministry of environment under the fisheries programmes or projects for which such fishing may allow exceptions to fishing gear and the use of a minimum length of fish, fish catches, the fishing ban time and place;
7.3. biological tests and other scientific studies used catches are not credited to the fishermen in the fishing limits, if it is intended for the fisheries concerned in the project or program. Fish caught in that fishery is allowed to sell, if the length of these regulations 19 and 20.
II. obligations of the Fishermen 8. Latvian fishermen responsibilities: 8.1. use commercial fishing only fishing vessels, which included fisheries management approved the list of fishing vessels, as well as fish only with a fishing permit (license) the specified vessels. Requirements for inclusion in that list also apply to fishermen who fish for domestic consumption by fishing vessels of overall length is 10 m or more;
8.2. do not exceed the fishing rights lease fishing limits set;
8.3. to register the data of fishing fishing magazines: 8.3.1. following the vessel's return to the shore and before the sale or transport of fish when fishing coastal fishing vessels of overall length less than 10 m (1 or 2);
8.3.2. According to the European Union's directly applicable legislation in the field of fisheries and of the procedures laid down in the logbook of the approved specimen when fishing beyond the coastal waters, as well as coastal vessels of overall length is 10 m or more, and others less the length of the ship, if it is defined in the laws of the European Union;
8.4. collecting data (ascending) on catches to fish species in each fishing sub-area or coastal fishing site and submit report on fishing (annex 3) national environmental services not later than the month following the reporting month, the sixth date;
8.5. the fisheries management and national environment service's request to provide information that describes where the fishermen fishing in certain waters or refers to the identification and characterisation of the ship;
8.6. fishing in coastal waters highlight dreifējošo and floating anchorage fishing gear according to European Union legislation, but to observe the coastal fisheries of this provision, paragraph 14;
8.7. the role of the lift shall immediately release the fish in the sea, if the by-catch exceeded European Union legislation or the provisions laid down in point 22 of by-catch, and make the corresponding entries in the log;
8.8. to prevent such fishing, fish processing and fish in the sea transport related activities, causing environmental pollution at sea, in ports and shores. Releasing the catches (discarding at sea) Regulations of the European Union and in the cases provided for in these rules will not be considered;
8.9. to provide opportunities for scientific research institutions after the conclusion of the contract to carry out biological analysis of fish;
8.10. to report to the State Agency "Latvian fish resource agency" (hereinafter referred to as the Latvian fish resource agency) on the marked or rare species of fish and birds, and marine mammals (such as harbour porpoises, seals) catching and make appropriate entries in the log;
8.11. in accordance with the laws of the European Union to the Member States for the total fishing fleet engine power and tonnage of the common reference levels in line with the fisheries management engine replacement of fishing vessels, fishing vessels, construction of new fishing vessels and other ships in the conversion of fishing vessels, taking into account the particular fishing vessel engine power and tonnage (except private fishing vessels used in the overall length of less than 10 m) given that:
8.11.1. the approval for the purchase of fishing vessels (shipbuilding, conversion) or the fishing vessel engine replacement with or without the increase in tonnage or engine power increase or not it is valid for one year since the date of its receipt, fishermen, the fisheries administration has not submitted a request already for this extension and the extension of the approval is received. After the period (period) end of the tonnage and engine power is included in the total engine power of Latvia and the common reference levels of gross tonnage;
126.96.36.199.1.4. these provisions in these conditions do not apply to European Union laws and requirements which affect fishing vessel tonnage and engine power, compliance with the specifications and conditions specified can be implemented only by the enforcement of such requirements;
188.8.131.52.1.4. This provision conditions referred to in the principles apply also to the fisheries management of fishing vessels included in the list of fishermen, fishing vessels outside the waters of the Baltic Sea;
8.12. to allow State environmental officers (the other country's economic waters in the Baltic Sea, including the national fishing control authorities officials) check all the rooms of the vessel, fishery, fish caught and treated, finished products, fishing gear and fishing-related documents and to allow the discharge of those necessary data, and also provide inspection necessary assistance in accordance with the laws of the European Union. Such assistance should also be provided on board ships to European Union legislation that the observer does not interfere with activity and residence;
8.13. to install satelītraidītāj to the laws and regulations of the European Union in a given length of fishing vessels and to ensure the necessary data transmission from the fishing vessel to the national environmental service's fisheries monitoring centre under the laws of the European Union;
8.14. before a fishing permit (license) the receipt to submit national environmental service a copy of the contract for the transmission of data on the State of the environment monitoring of fishing vessels of the Service Centre;
8.15. fish resources to pay damages resulting from the violation of the laws of the European Union and the requirements of this regulation, notwithstanding other legislation provided for penalties and adapted. Loss calculation pamattaks (annex 4) want the triple if the following irregularities: 8.15.1. fishing without holding a fishing permit (license);
8.15.2. the fish species fishing prohibited time and place;
8.15.3. relevant fish species fishing by its fishing limit full use, except for those species of fish by-catch allowed;
8.15.4. illegal fishing gear and catches, as well as a fishing permit (license) does not specify fishing gear and catches;
8.16. the State environmental officers (the other country's economic waters in the Baltic Sea, after the national fishing control authorities at the request of officials) to get to the point of sale or storage gear and floating means used in fishing, in breach of European Union law and the requirements of this Regulation as well as with the gear caught fish;
8.17. stored on the vessel's fishing authorisation (licence), but with fishing vessels of overall length is 10 m or more, the additional mandates (special permission). Additional authorisation (permit) must be kept well on smaller vessels of length, if it is provided for in the laws of the European Union;
8.18. all vessels with a length of more than 10 m, and also other, less the length of the ship, if it is defined in the laws of the European Union, to report on catch and vessel for its expected arrival time in port, according to European Union legislation, not less than two hours before the arrival of the vessel in port. Prior to entry into ports of Latvia have the necessary details (annex 5) send the national environmental service, by electronic or mobile (SMS) communication. The report shall also be forwarded if the ship returns without a catch;
8.19. to ensure clear identification marks of the vessel legibility and their compliance with European Union legislation;
8.20. to ensure fishing vessels used in the registration procedure laid down by the legislation and does not exceed the capacity stated on the shipping of the allowable distance to the shore, while respecting the lease fishing rights treaty fisheries;
8.21. to immediately notify the national environmental services for this rule 10.1.2. force majeure referred to the exceptional conditions that result when the fishing ban period, was not removed in the gear;
8.22. submit the Central Statistical administration with fishing and fishery business related information according to national statistics, regulations governing the requirements review forms and time limits laid down.
9. The Republic of Latvia's economic zone waters, foreign fishermen are obliged to respect the laws and regulations of the European Union requirements and limits on fishing, as well as to keep on board the relevant competent authorities of the Member State issuing the authorisation of additional (specific permission) and a fishing permit (license), but the vessels of third countries – Latvia and competent institutions of the European Union issued a fishing permit (license).
III. conditions of use of fishing gear for fishermen banned from 10:10.1. keep on Board no fishing gear intended for the laws of the European Union, as well as to be in the sea coast and the cables bar with gear that fishing period and instead use restricted or which are not listed in a fishing permit (licence), noting that: 10.1.1. such fishing gear stored on board separately from the easy-to-use gear pursuant to the laws of the European Union requirements;
10.1.2. violations of these rules are not considered when the gear is left in coastal waters or other Latvian territorial waters when the prohibition period, if it is due to force majeure, exceptional circumstances (in the case of natural phenomena, accidents, dangerous hydrological conditions), which cannot be predicted in advance and prevent;
10.2. use noenkurojamo and the floating gear without marking or labelling which does not comply with European Union regulations and paragraph 14 of these regulations;
10.3. attach gear device that could obscure a mesh or reduce their size, with the exception of European Union laws permitted cases;
10.4. wired for towing ashore using motor vehicles;
10.5. coastal fisheries deployed: 10.5.1. networks and network lines, longlines, pots and lucīš lucīš of trap lines closer than 100 m in any direction from any other gear or closer than 100 m from the shore, except smelt specialized fishing with herring (smelt) networks from 1 December to 31 March;
10.5.2. herring fixed gear, fish traps and pots closer than 700 of sīkzivj m lateral direction from one another or any other gear and closer than 100 m in other directions.
Vi. characteristics of fishing gear, and the permissible number 11. it shall be prohibited to use the gear, the characteristics of which differ from the laws of the Union State and the coastal fishing gear defined parameters (annex 6).
12. If the coast fishing origin for personal consumption, allowed to use no more than one fish, one herring, lucīš of network one pot or 100 hooks, light gear parameters (annex 6). If the fishing gear, the number is higher, it is considered a commercial fishing and to extend law governing commercial activities and commercial fishing.
13. Private domestic coast may fish at the same time with only one of these rules referred to in point 12 of the fishing gear.
V. coastal fishing gear marking 14. Coast fishing, fishing gear shall be provided as follows: 14.1 marking sign made of styrofoam, Cork or other waterproof material, and its size may not be less than 5 x 10 cm. It can be made also from baltmetāl (aluminium or other light metal) with plate size 3 x 6 cm; 14.2. the label shall show the following: 14.2.1. fishing authorization (licenses) number;
14.2.2. the name of the legal person or physical person's name, initials and last name as well as the contact telephone number of the fishermen. Inscriptions and markings must be clearly legible, in view of the size of the letters and numbers and the extent of wear;
14.3. the label shall be affixed: 14.3.1. stand-alone network and network lines at both ends of the upper cord not more than one metre from the end of each network mesh;
14.3.2. trap and riser-at one of the objective of the offing feet above the water and at the Central buoys;
14.3.3. lucīš trap-both ends at anchor buoys;
14.3.4. line-to pamataukl, not more than one metre from each end;
14.4. network, a network of lines and long lines at both ends and the two furthest advanced Murda paragraphs added to the fixed or floating vertical marker buoys (cards) with the same colors (except white) flags, all of which are not less than 30 cm. of Those above the surface of the water or ice in addition to attach the marking of fishing gear is also a sign, as well as the furthest from the coast to the sea for those nominated shall another flag;
14.5. the tools, in accordance with the agreements, are used in research, in addition to the labels with a study investigator and research a year or term.
Vi. Prohibition of fishing times and locations 15. Prohibited European Union regulations the specified species of fish in the fishing ban them for times and places.
16. the coastal waters and other Latvian territorial waters in addition to prohibited: 16.1. trawling in areas where the depth does not exceed 20 m 16.2. any turbot fishing in coastal waters, it recycling or storage vessels-from June 1 to July 31, while the other territorial waters – throughout the year.
16.3. transhipment at sea turbot for other ships;
16.4. directed fishing of lucīš: 16.4.1. trawling – throughout the year.
16.4.2. the pots-from 1 October to 30 April;
16.5. all types of fishing gear in coastal waters: 16.5.1. throughout the year the Venta River area 2000 m radius from the mouth of the river Daugava, Gauja, and the river Lielupe Salatsi, estuarine area of 1000 m radius from the mouth, while the rest of the river and flows into the channel area 200 m radius from the mouth. The radius of a circle sector measured sea side in all directions from the midpoint of the line joining the river and the opposite shore of the channel at the stated points further out to sea (ports, located on opposite sides of the waterworks or other structures at the sea below the stated points);
16.5.2. from 16 April to 15 may, except for herring and lucīš specialized fishing, as well as fishing with nets of fish from the Ovīš Horn to the southern border of the Republic of Latvia;
16.5.3. from 1 October to 15 November, except for: specialized fishing flounder 184.108.40.206. with wires around the coast flounder;
220.127.116.11. fishing with nets of fish that fall to the bottom and a height not exceeding 2 m in the places where the depth is greater than 10 m-coastal waters from kolka Horn to the southern border of the Republic of Latvia;
18.104.22.168. herring herring fishing with specialized networks – around the coast;
22.214.171.124. fishing with fish hooks-around the coast;
126.96.36.199. fishing with herring to open the top of the riser cage, the Riga Gulf Coast;
16.6. fishing with fish nets coast from 1 January to 3 April and 1 October to 30 November in addition to the provisions laid down in paragraph 16.5.1. prohibition: 16.6.1. Gauja, the river Lielupe, Venta River and Salatsi area 3000 m radius from the mouth of the Venta River, except for fishing in the estuary area more than 2000 m radius from the mouth of the Venta River in the sea with fish nets that fall to the bottom and a height not exceeding 2 m When fishing in areas where the depth is greater than 10 m, partridges 16.6.2. Holders/sales, Pēterup, Rīv, Rojas, Say, Svētup, and estuaries of the užava Vitrup area 500 m radius from the mouth;
16.7. directed fishing of flounder flounder with cables in places where the depth does not exceed 5 m, all year round. These tools allow fishing in coastal waters deeper than 5 m and deeper waters beyond the coastal waters ptarmigan in Strait West of a line joining Cape Kolka (57 ° N 22 ° 45.60 '; 36.40 ' E) with Kāvinin Lighthouse (57 ° N 22 ° 11.77 58.95 '; '), and on the Baltic Sea to the southern border of Latvia subject to the provisions relating to coastal fishing;
salmon and sea trout of 16.8. directed fishing of coastal waters with drifting nets and drift-line – all year round.
17. the fishermen in the Gulf of Riga in addition to the provisions of paragraph 16 of these terms prohibited: 17.1. trawling, if attached, gruntrop – throughout the year.
17.2. specialist sprat trawling – throughout the year, subject to the by-catch of herring fishing for sprat shall not exceed 50%;
17.3. trawling-ptarmigan all year in the Straits between the lines that connect the Ovīš Lighthouse (57 ° 34.1234 ' N; 21 ° 42.9574 ' E) with the Load of the lighthouse (57 ° 57.4760 ' N 21 ° 58.2789 ' E;) West and Cape Kolka (57 ° N 22 ° 45.60 '; 36.40 ' E) with Kāvinin Lighthouse (57 ° N 22 ° 11.77 58.95 '; ' E) in the East, as well as the area bounded by a line joining the following geographical coordinates of points : 17.3.1. 57 ° 00 ' N; 23 ° 50 ' E;
188.8.131.52 ° 10 ' N; 23 ° 50 ' E;
184.108.40.206 ° 10 ' N; 24 ° 10 ' E;
220.127.116.11 ° 20 ' N; 24 ° 10 ' E;
18.104.22.168 ° 20 ' N; 24 ° 25 ' E;
17.3.6. This provision is specified in paragraph 17.3.1 connection along the shoreline of this provision in subparagraph 17.3.5. point;
17.4. fishing with Danish seines in the Gulf of Riga coastal waters – throughout the year, except for the fishing of flounder Ovīš the lighthouse to Cape Kolka and fishing with bait fish cord;
17.5. herring trawling – from 12 May to 10 June. The fisheries administration can change the start date of this prohibition, without altering the total ban duration, if appropriate in 1997 signed the February 6, the Government of the Republic of Latvia and the Government of the Republic of Estonia agreement on mutual fisheries relations is in agreement on the two countries joint fishing ban period of discovery in the Gulf of Riga in the year in question;
10.9. specialized for salmon and sea trout fishing with drifting and floating nets and drift at anchor and the anchor of the line beyond the coastal waters – throughout the year.
17.7. specialist fish technical needs and animal feed.
18. These rules 16 and 17 above fishing is considered a specialist in European Union legislation, as well as coastal and other Latvian territorial waters fishing for certain species of fish with this fish species to the fishing gear and fish species and fishing gear are recorded in the fishing permit (licence).
VII. the minimum length of the fish and the amount of by-catches 19. it shall be prohibited to exceed the European Union directly applicable legislation in the field of fisheries down undersized and other types of fish by-catch.
20. the fishermen fishing in the Gulf of Riga and other Latvian territorial waters, in addition to the provisions referred to in point 19 of the European Union's legislation must be observed that it is prohibited to exceed the provisions mentioned in paragraph 22 of the undersized fish by-catch, as well as to accept, handle, transport, store and sell the following species, if they are fresh and unprocessed, is less about: 20.1. 19 cm-perch (Perca fluviatilis);
20.2.30 cm-vimb (Vimb-vimb);
20.3.30 cm – ālant (Leucisc id);
20.4.35 cm, whitefish (Coregonus lavaretus);
20.5.45 cm, pike perch (Stizostedion lucioperc);
20.6.50 cm, Pike (Esox Lucia).
21. the length of the fish in accordance with the laws of the European Union specified fish measuring procedures. If Latvian fishermen caught and processed (salted, smoked or dried) fish, then directly applicable European Union legislation in the field of fisheries and the rules laid down in paragraph 20 of the fish length is reduced by 4%, but gutted and gutted COD salmon actual catch volume is used for determining the factor used in the country where economic zone waters fish is caught. The Republic of Latvia's territorial waters and economic zone waters of the cod caught in the gutted with head uses the weight factor of gutted COD 1.17 and without head-1.6, but gutted salmon with head-factor 1.1. Cod without head minimum size may not be less than 28 cm, measured along the side line to the end of the tail fin.
22. in addition to the laws and regulations of the European Union for the undersized and other types of fish by-catch level of Latvian fishermen in the Gulf of Riga and other Latvian territorial waters are for the following levels of by-catch fish volume: 22.1. undersized vimb, ālant, and Zander catches when fishing with traps and nets may not exceed 5% of the total number of fish species;
22.2. the rest of the rules referred to in paragraph 20 of undersized fish species (other than those mentioned in this rule 22.1 and 22.3 in.) total catch must not exceed 5% of the total weight of the catch;
22.3. by-catches of turbot fish of other species must not exceed 10% of the total weight of the catch, in addition to adhering to this rule 23.1 and 23.2. requirements set out in paragraph;
22.4. If fully used in certain fish species (excluding COD) fishery limit, other fish species in directed fishing for the species of fish by-catch must not exceed 5% of the total weight of the catch. The volume of by-catch of cod by fishing limit full utilization should not exceed the European Union legislation, pursuant to this rule 23.3. the conditions referred to in paragraph.
23. Not allowed: 23.1. undersized turbot, salmon, sea trout and whitefish catch;
23.2. the by-catches of turbot fishing ban from June 1 until July 31, and by-catches of salmon and sea trout on the coast from 1 October to 15 November;
23.3. the by-catch of cod fishing on the coast, as well as in domestic consumption, commercial fishing, if the Latvian fisherman not to limit the cod fishery (catch);
23.4. This provision 20. fish species referred to in point (regardless of length) catch bait fish fishing with bait fish.
24. If the by-catch exceeded European Union legislation or the provisions laid down in point 22 of the act according to the laws of the European Union requirements for the release of the fish into the sea.
25. These rules for by-catches of the species is considered to be the particular role of fish for which fishing period, instead of, or with the appropriate gear is prohibited, as well as small fish and fish for which fishing is not for fishing permission (licence).
26. If the role is large (1 ton and more), the amount of by-catch is determined at least three samples from multiple locations. The percentage of by-catches shall be calculated as the average of a sample of individual interest.
VIII. Fisheries management and fisheries control authorities of the rights and obligations of the fisheries administration, 27, subject to the laws and regulations of the European Union requirements, as well as on the basis of Latvian fish resources in the Agency's recommendations, after coordination with the Ministry of environment: 27.1. has the following responsibilities: 27.1.1. in accordance with decisions adopted in accordance with the laws of the European Union, to determine the current measures to regulate fisheries for the year;
27.1.2. issue the additional authorisation (authorisation) in accordance with the provisions of annex 7 of the fish species in the Baltic Sea or the Gulf of Riga in the waters;
27.1.3. determine measures to regulate fisheries on the coast and the other in the territorial waters of the Republic of Latvia, Latvian fishermen to stop fishing in some locations in the Baltic Sea and the Gulf of Riga in the waters as well as to decide on certain species of fish, the fishing suspension, if fully used or exceeded limits and quotas fixed amounts;
27.1.4. According to this provision, section 8.11. to assess the submissions submitted by fishermen for engine replacement, acquisition of fishing vessels, new shipbuilding and ship conversion for other fishing vessels and reconciliation, if Latvia for total engine power and tonnage of the common reference levels are greater than the fisheries administration-approved list of fishing vessels included in the total engine power of the vessels and the level of gross tonnage, fishing vessels, making the list previously included the replacement of the fishing vessel or fishing vessel engine replacement fishermen may qualify for fishing vessel capacity or tonnage increase, subject to the following conditions: 22.214.171.124. for vessels or deleted deleted from the list of fishing vessels, has not received and will not receive support that is provided for the withdrawal of fishing vessels;
126.96.36.199. change of the fishing vessel or fishing vessels existing in the rebuilt ship tonnage of fishing vessels not exceeding the list deleted ship (ship) tonnage by more than 25%;
188.8.131.52. change the engine power of a vessel or vessels the ship in the list change, engine power of fishing vessels or vessels of the hatched rebuilt (ship) or the previous engine power of the vessel in the list change in engine power more than 25%;
184.108.40.206. coordination of notified vessel tonnage or engine power can not be associated with other fishermen and requested the Board already approved tonnage or engine power shall be determined in the context of the fishing vessel from the fishing vessels without the aid of receipt, except where the fishermen concerned waives these rights voluntarily and in writing;
27.2. the following rights: 27.2.1. depending on air conditions change these rules determine the fishing ban, the start time of a maximum of 15 days, without altering the total duration of the ban, and saving them the time of prohibition provided for in the laws and regulations of the European Union;
27.2.2. subject to the laws of the European Union for Latvia allocated catch quotas, establish fishing limits and catch fish volume of exchanges with other countries around the Baltic Sea, as well as to define the allowable number of fishing vessels and type (fishing vessels) fishing in the Baltic Sea and Gulf of Riga divided into Latvian waters fishermen fishing fishing limits and beyond the coastal fishing;
27.2.3. not to conclude commercial fishing rights lease, as well as not to grant additional fishing limit and will not issue a permit (license) for the purpose of commercial fishing, in the event of non-compliance with this provision in paragraph 8.11.
28. The national environmental Guard officials, controlling fishing in the territorial waters of the Republic of Latvia and the economic area: 28.1. have the following rights: 28.1.1. before a fishing permit (license) issued (a licence is issued in accordance with the fishermen's fishing rights concluded lease annual conditions provided for in the Protocol, the fishing limits) make registration of fishermen fishing for domestic consumption, and to verify this rule 4.1 referred to special permissions (licenses) of the period of validity of the fishermen fishing for commercial purposes;
28.1.2. stay on board fishing vessels, the vessel premises be checked, fish caught and processed, finished products, fishing gear, fishing and fishing-related documents, as well as write needed information from those documents;
28.1.3. request information from fishermen for fishing;
28.1.4. after the arrival of the ship in port to take fish landing and first sale documents and records;
28.1.5. temporarily suspend or withdraw a fishing authorisation (licence), or refuse the issuance of Latvian fishermen, if it is in violation of the requirements of these regulations or the fisheries administration is received or the municipal notice of fishermen-commercial fishing rights: obligations of the lessee, or the Central Statistical Bureau received information on this provision in point of 8.22. failure;
28.1.6. If these provisions have been made in the said infringement 8.15, or they are committed repeatedly during the year, counting from the date of the previous administrative offence committed or the offender has not paid the administrative fines imposed and the loss caused to the fishery resources in return, ask the fisheries administration or the coastal authorities to refuse the granting of fishing limits next year fishing rights or terminate the rental agreement with the Latvian fishermen;
28.1.7. require offenders to be delivered to the place of sale or storage of fishing gear and floating means used in fishing in violation of requirements of this Regulation as well as with those tools fish caught;
28.1.8. get another national fishing control authorities of official documents on the European Union for infringement of the laws that are made by the Latvian fishermen, fishing in national economic zone in the Baltic Sea, to take a decision on the Latvian legislation appropriate sanctions for violations;
28.1.9. to the fisheries monitoring centre to monitor the Latvian fishing vessels of the European Union's economic zone waters.
28.2. has the following responsibilities: 28.2.1. issue a Latvian fishermen fishing magazines;
28.2.2. where Latvian fishermen is suspended or cancelled fishing authorisation (licence), inform or the management of fisheries in coastal municipalities;
28.2.3. off Latvian fisherman's catch limit the amount of fish caught in the absence of such provisions, as well as the amount of fish which is seized of this offence, irrespective of the place of the irregularity was discovered;
28.2.4. ensure the fisheries monitoring centre's activities;
28.2.5. use fisheries monitoring centre database information only in compliance with these rules of control;
28.2.6. each quarter until the 20th of the month following the date you submit the registration in the management of fisheries data for the fishermen who fish for domestic consumption.
29. National Environment services, subject to this provision 4.3 and 7.1. section and based on a fisherman's fishing rights entered into the lease and then issued a special permit (license) for the purpose of commercial fishing in the fishing permissions (licenses) to fish beyond the coastal waters, as well as fishing on the coast with ships of the greatest length of 10 m or more (annex 8) and vessels of overall length less than 10 m (annex 9).
IX. Closing questions 30. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet of Ministers of 11 January 2005, the provisions of no. 41 "regulations on industrial fishing in the territorial waters and economic zone waters" (Latvian journal, 2005, no. 11).
31. Annex 1 shall enter into force on 1 July 2007.
32. To 30 June 2007 is effective this annex 2 provisions.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Minister of Agriculture m. Roze Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 6 May 2007.
1. the annex to Cabinet on May 2, 2007.-Regulation No. 296 coastal fishing magazine no _____ Minister of Agriculture m. Roze annex 2 Cabinet on May 2, 2007.-Regulation No. 296 coastal fishing magazine no _____ Minister of Agriculture m. Roze annex 3 Cabinet on May 2, 2007.-Regulation No. 296 report on fishing 20 _____ of _____ and Minister of Agriculture m. Roze annex 4 Cabinet on May 2, 2007.-Regulation No. 296
Pamattaks for the purpose of calculating the amount to be recovered for a loss, one natural and legal persons was caused when illegally obtaining fish no PO box
Species Loss compensation in dollars the unit 1.
Salmon, whitefish, sea trout 100 1 PCs.
2. Eel 50 1 PCs.
3. Ālant, Pike, Zander, vimb 20 1 PCs.
turbot, COD 4 10 1 kg 5.
Grouper, flounder 5 1 kg 6.
Sprat, herring, smelt 0.5 1 kg 7.
Other species of fish 1.0 1 kg 8.
Fish eggs 100 100 g Minister of Agriculture m. Roze annex 5 Cabinet on May 2, 2007.-Regulation No. 296 of the contents of the message Board before the ship at the port of entry 1. Vessel name.
2. the name and the port of Unloading berth number or name.
3. estimated time of arrival at the port (Latvian time).
4. identification of the caught fish (herring, sprat, HERE-SPR, cod, COD, salmon, sea trout, THREE ISLANDS, flounder, turbot, FL – THERE, smelt-SM, pout-BREATH) and weight in kilograms.
5. By-catches of fish identification code and the weight in kilograms.
Minister of agriculture m. Roze annex 6 Cabinet on May 2, 2007.-Regulation No. 296 element of design of gear parameters acceptable coastal fisheries (in addition to the gear that adjusts the parameters of European Union legislation in the field of fisheries) i. Active gear no PO box
The name Wing length (m) of mesh size (mm) 1.
Fish wire is not limited to a minimum of 60, subject to the relevant fish species in the European Union provided for in the legislation of mesh size ranges 2.
Flounder cord not more than 20 subject to the legislation of the European Union provided for by the mesh size range 3.
Bait fish towed wire is not greater than 10 from 12 to 24 II. Passive gear no PO box
The name of the farm or the network length (m) fence mesh, mesh or hook size (mm) design linuma1 size (mm) 1.
Herring is no larger than 600 riser from 32 to 60 1 from 28 to 50 2.
Fish trap not greater than 600 from 60 to 240 1 not less than 60, except cod or consist tail 3.
Sīkzivj trap not greater than 600 from 36 to 60 1 of 32 to 36 4.
Lucīš trap not greater than 30 from 36 to 40 1 of 36 to 40 except cod or tail consist 5.
Fish network is not greater than 100, the line network of Riga Bay – 300, the rest of the line network coast-800 from 80 to 180-6.
Herring and smelt network not greater than 100, the line network of Riga Bay – 300, the rest of the line network coast-800 from 28 to 50-7.
Longlines for catching cod, flounder (not more than 500 hooks)-hook size less than 15-8.
Longlines (not more than 200 hooks)-hook size less than 10 – note.
1 any structural element mesh Twine diameter of not less than 1 mm. Minister of Agriculture m. Roze annex 7 Cabinet on May 2, 2007.-Regulation No. 296 Minister of Agriculture m. Roze Annex 8 Cabinet on May 2, 2007.-Regulation No. 296 Minister of Agriculture m. Roze attachment 9. Cabinet of Ministers of 2 May 2007 the provisions of no. 296 Minister of Agriculture m. rose
Search Translated Laws of Latvia