Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/161642
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 530 in Riga august 7, 2007 (pr. 15. § 44) Civil alert and notification system, and funding arrangements made under the Civil Protection Act, article 15, second subparagraph, and article 9 of the law on the mobilization of i. General questions 1. determines the alarm notification of civil and systems (hereinafter the system), and the financing arrangements, the system's objectives and tasks, as well as State and local authorities responsibilities in ensuring the functioning of the system.
2. the purpose of the system is the system of civil protection and mobilization system to warn and inform people of the disaster or threat, as well as the exceptional situation, exceptional condition or notification in the event of mobilisation.
3. According to this provision, in paragraph 2, the stated purpose: 3.1 civil mission is to ensure the alarm the alarm siren to warn of population activities;
3.2. communication is: 3.2.1. to report on the disaster, call for emergency, derogation or mobilization;
3.2.2. to inform the public about the conduct of the disaster, declared emergency, exceptional condition, or in the event of mobilisation.
II. agenda of the system the system includes 4 (annex 1): cities of the Republic, the 4.1 district centers and in other populated places (cities, peine) deployed to alarm sirens, controlled and actuated from the central control console under the alarm siren management scheme (annex 2);
4.2. mobile alarm siren command center with acoustic siren equipment;
4.3. subordinated to the Ministry of the interior public administration and other national and local government bodies, as well as electronic communications operators, alarms and warning equipment and national armed forces and the alarm notification equipment;
4.4. electronic means of communication of the public (e.g. radio, television);
4.5. the broadcasters and electronic communications merchant providing electronic communication networks.
5. national and local government bodies, as well as commercial companies are involved in the system in accordance with the relevant authorities or the company and the State fire and rescue service contracts or arrangements between departments, on the basis of the relevant civil protection plans.
6. Alarm sirens installed on the State and local authorities, economic operators and owners of buildings and other structures. State and local government bodies shall be transmitted to the State fire and rescue service to their property or possession of the object on the roof and parts of the space charge in use alarm siren and the installation of the control unit.
7. The industrial accident risk and other explosive, fire and important objects form the object alarm and warning systems to warn of danger in the event object's employees and citizens who are in danger of exposure to the hazardous factors in the area, and informed of the protection measures to be carried out.
III. National and local government bodies ' obligations in ensuring the system 8. State and local government authorities in ensuring the functioning of the system has the following responsibilities: 8.1. keep it on-hand and engage in electronic communications networks and electronic communications services user terminal equipment technical procedure;
8.2. in accordance with the relevant civil defence plans and mobilization plans to establish and maintain in the territory of the municipality of living persons be mobilized, public institutions and citizens warning schemes;
8.3. ensuring communication activities involved staff training courses organised by State authorities;
8.4. the hazards of extreme situations, exceptional condition or mobilization in the event of a tender conscience this rule 8.2. the persons referred to in the subparagraph.
9. when the system is triggered, the national and local government bodies operating under the national civil defence plan tasks.
IV. procedure of use of the system's 10. Information on the possible threat to the State fire and rescue service received from legal or natural persons, but on call for emergency, derogation or mobilization, from the relevant public authorities.
11. the decision on activation of the system adopt: 11.1. across the country, or multiple cities and districts of the Republic, the territory of the State fire and rescue service Chief Officer or his replacement;
11.2. the Republican town or district — State fire and rescue service's territorial unit (Commander) or official who replaces him.
12. the risk of industrial accidents and other required objects, ugunsbīstamo and particularly important objects on the object alarm and notification systems activation takes the object of civil protection plan.
13. the system activates and it works as follows: 13.1. national fire and rescue service: 13.1.1 before alarm siren power under interdepartmental agreements, contracts or send the electronic means of communication of the public for information on risk, advertised the special legal regime or mobilization of the population and recommended actions;
13.1.2. the area in question turn on the alarm siren and sends out three minutes long sound signal;
13.2. the rules referred to in point 4.4. electronic means of communication of the public broadcast channel State fire and rescue service information;
13.3. the alarm siren signal, turn on the radio and television for people to get the information you need.
14. the risk of industrial accidents and other required objects, ugunsbīstamo and particularly important objects in the event of threats to activate the alarm and warning of an object system to alert employees to the object, as well as citizens who are in danger of exposure to the hazardous factors in the area, and informed of the protection measures to be carried out. The object of the notification system alarms and triggering an object or person, his replacement, immediately notify the State fire and rescue service.
15. in accordance with the agreements concluded by the State fire and rescue service's demand that broadcasters referred to in 4.5 and electronic communications operators are granted by the State fire and rescue service for temporary use in additional subscriber line and numbers.
16. the willingness to work according to competence control of regional development and local government Ministry, the Ministry of transportation, the national armed forces and the State fire and rescue service.
17. Alarm siren readiness test (start the alarm sirens for three minutes) carried out not less than twice a year (May and November). For alarm siren readiness test (with alarm siren actuation) citizens inform the media (newspapers, television and radio), three days before and immediately after the alarm siren power by providing information to residents about the alarm siren readiness test.
V. Financing of the scheme framework 18. alarm the alarm siren the siren and the central console, mobile command center, national armed forces, the Interior Ministry's subordinated to national regulatory authorities and other State institutions, electronic communication, alarms and warning equipment acquisition, installation and maintenance, as well as informing the public about the system financed from the State budget.
19. This provision of the means referred to in paragraph 18 the public authorities require electronic communications, alarms and warning equipment purchase, installation and maintenance of financing, as well as to inform the public about the system, after checking with the State fire and rescue service is planned and included in the Ministry's total demand, which is being prepared for the annual State budget and the preparation of the draft review process.
20. the object of the notification system of the anxiety and of the establishment and maintenance of the owner of the object financed from its own funds.
21. If the alarm sirens installed on public property in the possession of institutions or existing buildings, moved to other buildings, the costs of disassembly and Assembly jobs bear alarm sirens go agent.
VI. final question 22. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet of Ministers of 30 august 2005, Regulation No 660 "civilian alert and notification system, and funding arrangements" (Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2005, nr. 22; 2007, no. 1).
Prime Minister a. Halloween Interior Minister i. Godmanis Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 11 august 2007.
1. the annex to Cabinet of 7 august 2007 the Regulation No 530 Civil warning alarms and system scheme of Interior Minister i. Godmanis annex 2 Cabinet 2007 august 7, Regulation No 530 alarm siren control scheme of Interior Minister i. Godmanis
Search Translated Laws of Latvia