Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/162008
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 555 in Riga in 2007 (14 august. 45.5, §) cableway installations technical supervision order Issued in accordance with the law "on technical supervision of dangerous equipment" 3. the second paragraph of article 1 General questions 1. establishes the requirements to be met, maintaining and using the people intended for the carriage of cableway installations (hereinafter referred to as the cableway), not to create a threat to human life, health, property and the environment, as well as a cableway technical supervision procedures.
2. Depending on the design of the Cableway are classified as follows: 2.1 the funicular railways and other transport equipment, fitted with wheels or piekarierīc and pull provided by one or more cables;
2.2. the cableway ropeway with air cab (car) passengers, also a cableway for the movement of people through the air or pusvagono chairs;
2.3. ski and tractor units, if the users and their equipment is moved using a rope.
3. These provisions shall not apply to: 3.1 the lifts, governed by laws on lifts;
3.2. the traditional construction of the rope drive trams;
3.3. cableway installations used in agriculture;
3.4. fixed or mobile cableway installations used for fairs and amusement parks, and intended for use as transport;
3.5. fixed cableway installations used in industry;
3.6. rope driven ferries;
3.7. the rack rail type;
3.8. the chain drive.
4. The Ministry of economy in cooperation with the relevant technical standards Committee recommends limited liability company "Latvian standards" in connection with these terms, reliance and designing standard applicable list.
5. Limited liability company "Latvian standard '' submit published away newspaper" journal "the Latvian National Standard, a list of applicable requirements of these regulations (hereinafter referred to as the applicable standards).
6. the cableway of the technical examination shall be entitled to take an accredited institution, for which the economic Ministry has published a notice in the newspaper "Gazette" (hereinafter referred to as the inspection authority) if it: 6.1 is an accredited national agency "Latvian National Accreditation Bureau" in the standard LVS EN ISO/IEC 17020:2005 "the main criteria for the different types of institutions that conduct inspections" and the requirements set out in these rules;
6.2. are your insure civil liability of an amount to cover the erroneous or false findings resulting in potential losses, which, in cooperation with the institutions of the selected insurer calculated the areas of activity of the institutions of the risk assessment.
7. The National Accreditation Bureau are assessed and regularly inspected by the inspection bodies of compliance with the provisions of paragraph 6 of the said requirements.
2. the cableway maintenance 8. Cableway placement, proper and safe use, maintenance and technical supervision in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions, issued in the applicable standards and requirements laid down in these provisions ensure the rope road possessor (hereinafter possessor).
9. Hiring or transferring to another person using the cableway, the provisions referred to in paragraph 8. responsibility is not delegated.
10. Use only the national labour inspection established for cableway by authorisation for their use. The use of the cableway permission issued by the national labour inspectorate, a record of cableway in the Passport.
11. Each cableway Passport required for a national language. Passport for a specific cable path () fills the possessor.
12. Sale, gift or otherwise transfer of cableway to another holder, shall also be forwarded to the cableway's passport. Data for the new possessor is indicated in the passport of the cableway. The national labour inspectorate re-registered at the cableway in accordance with legislation on the registration of dangerous equipment.
13. the holder shall ensure that the service staff available for cableway manual. Instructions shall specify at least the following information: 13.1. cableway in order of use under the proposed conditions of use and emergency situations;
13.2. the cableway to carry out maintenance and technical supervision procedures, as well as checks by the user;
13.3. the cableway of technological schemes, drawings, specifications, calculations and diagram, if they help to understand the instructions in the instruction manual.
14. it shall be prohibited to use holder cableway: 14.1. If it does not have a cableway passports;
14.2. If it does not have this provision in paragraph 13 of the instructions for use;
14.3. If the time limit laid down in these provisions and technical examination has not been carried out;
14.4. If there is no designated authority responsible and staff;
14.5. If it is not installed or is damaged, the safety and signalling devices;
14.6. If no cableway risk analysis in accordance with these rules.
15. the possessor maintains cableway provides order and operating: 15.1 the cableway service to a sufficient number of staff that is trained and instructed in accordance with the laws and regulations on the protection of health, the use of work equipment, as well as staff training of the cableway service issues, taking into account the cableway design and conditions of use;
15.2. the cableway in the maintenance and instruction work the development and issuance of ancillary staff, as well as the staff was working instruction development, validation and updating according to the manufacturer's instructions;
15.3. the written post the appropriate qualification technician who is responsible for the technical condition of the cableway, the correct use and maintenance (responsible specialist);
15.4. cableway risk analysis in accordance with the provisions of this subchapter 3.2;
15.5. cableway passports and that the reporting State labour inspection officers and representatives of the bodies of inspection regulations for cableway installations in the order;
15.6. timely cableway technical inspection in accordance with Chapter 4 of these rules;
15.7. reporting to the National Labour Inspectorate for accidents or accidents which have taken place using the cableway, the legislation on accidents at work investigation and accounting procedures.
16. the possessor shall ensure the responsible specialist with cableway pass, the cableway to the instructions for use and servicing of safety instructions.
17. The responsible officer has the following responsibilities: 17.1. maintain cableway in accordance with technical condition;
17.2. to ensure this provision paragraph 16 of corresponding documentation referred to in s storage;
17.3. to monitor the staff's qualifications match this rule 15.1. the requirements set out in subparagraph;
17.4. to prepare the cableway to the requirements in these regulations for technical checks and be present for these checks;
17.5. If found unacceptable defects or irregularities of the instructions using the cableway, to stop its activity and to ensure the gap;
10.9. instructing assisting personnel work and organize repeated and extraordinary aptitude tests;
17.7. specify the cableway pass all the data on the cableway maintenance and servicing measures taken that affect the safe use of cableway, as well as in these regulations provided the results of the technical examinations;
11.1. stop the cableway if its use endangers human life, health, property or the environment, as well as for the time limits have not undergone technical checks of cableway.
18. Cableway operating personnel has the following responsibilities: 18.1. According to the work instructions and responsible professional orders and instructions follow all safety, fire safety and environmental protection requirements of cableway during use;
18.2 stop the cableway's activities and to report to the responsible officer or the holder, if the further use of the cableway endangers human life, health, property or the environment, as well as in the following cases: 18.2.1. damaged cableway safety devices, which detect any cableway equipment defects that pose a threat to the cableway to users, and warn you about it, as well as responding to any anticipated external developments that may compromise cableway users or ancillary staff;
18.2.2. damaged cableway ropes;
18.2.3. cableway in the bearing or support structure is found in the cracks, damage or rupture;
18.2.4. is power failure in automated control systems, control instruments, alarm, and automatic safety devices;
18.2.5. There has been an accident or an accident using the cableway;
18.2.6. is fire or any other emergency situation that threatens the safe use of the cableway;
18.2.7. in other cases provided for in the staff work instructions;
18.3. to maintain the agenda of boarding and disembarkation area;
18.4. to regulate passenger access and TRANS portēšan in accordance with the instructions for use and the instructions to passengers.
19. Run cableway without the staff's direct presence prohibited.
3. Safety requirements for cableway for use 3.1 cableway safe use
20. the cableway is used, taking into account the cableway design, the areas terrain characteristics, atmospheric and meteorological factors, as well as possible obstacles and objects located near the cableway on the ground or in the air, to using the cableway or conducting rescue operations, do not create a threat to human life, health, property and the environment.
21. each rope path is equipped with a safety device which enables any time cableway off, using the manual control. Cableway cannot be started again until you have taken the necessary security measures.
22. Between the cableway vehicles, vilcējierīc, Rails, cables, as well as objects and obstacles located in the vicinity of the cableway on the ground or in the air, observe the safety distances, the light of ropes and vehicle vertical and horizontal motion to the front or sides of the most unfavourable foreseeable conditions of use.
23. the cableway vehicles or towing devices, the maximum speed, minimum distance between vehicles or vilcējierīc, as well as acceleration and braking mode chosen to guarantee safe use of the cableway in accordance with the provisions of subsection 3.2.
24. the cableway of the movement of vehicles and towing devices organized so as not to risk people, taking into account their possible impact on the active vehicles and towing devices in motion.
25. This rule 18.2. in the cases referred to have the opportunity at any time to stop the cableway at unfavourable conditions in terms of authorised load and pulley adhesion during operation. The stopping distance is so short that is necessary for the safe use of the cableway.
26. Cableway installations maintain control so that they can be safe, meet the intended use load and external factors, moisture, high or low temperatures, electromagnetic interference effects and create dangerous situations, even if the failed.
27. the cableway is maintained in working order using a suitable communication equipment, which allows the service staff to communicate with one another, as well as inform users in emergency situations.
28. the cableway towing devices shall keep it under the foreseeable conditions of use prevent depictions of humans, as well as ensure the safety of workers servicing them in accordance with the labour protection laws and regulations.
29. If, in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions for use of the rope path for children and people with disabilities, cableway provides them with adequate facilities.
30. the cableway embarkation and disembarkation areas easy way deploy the following information for the safe use of cableway: 30.1. cableway name;
30.2. security requirements;
30.3. the cableway's working time.
31. the references relating to the safety requirements of cableway for passengers, which may constitute as pictograms.
32. Areas in which users are forbidden to enter, bounded by impermeable barriers or, where this is not possible, with warning tape.
33. the possessor of cableway supports to the cableway displayed the cableway's registration number, the manufacturer's specified maximum number of passenger service, as well as the date of the next technical inspection (article marks the height of not less than 50 mm).
3.2. Risk analysis of cableway 34. before each use, the as well as the possessor of the guest strukcij rekon inspection authorities competent person carries out risk analysis that includes the cableway safety and environmental impact assessment using the cableway. The competent person shall, on the basis of experience, determine the potential risks of cableway during use.
35. the cableway's risk analysis results and conclusions in the document, as well as the measures to be adopted to the subsystems of cableway and the composition of the security parts of the suit that rule 3.1. section.
36. The Risk analysis shall be carried out on each rope path use specified by the manufacturer, as well as providing environmental and disadvantaged situation. The analysis used in the standards applicable to a specified method, taking into account the cableway's technical capabilities and complexity.
37. the Risk analysis shall also carry out the rules referred to in paragraph 18.2.1. safety devices. The risk analysis shall provide security appliances to the cableway and related subsystems, to be sure: 37.1. safety devices can respond to the originally identified interference or failure and saves the State in guaranteeing security, if necessary move to acting less active mode;
37.2. the safety device allows to estimate the probability of interference and it meets the level of safety that is equivalent to that provided by safety devices that meet this rule 37.1. and in 37.2.
3.3. the cableway repair or reconstruction 38. Cableway repair is replacement of key elements without changing the cableway design and technical characteristics or elements welding or replacement, which limit values are used in the calculation of the loads (repair).
39. the cableway is the reconstruction of the cableway: 24.3. the main working parameters-cableway length, type of towing devices for lifting speed, the distance between the vilcējierīc, the service, the number of passengers – change of engine power;
24.4. changing controls;
39.3. the safety components replacement safety components;
24.5. the entrance and increasing the number of exit or transfer.
40. in carrying out the repair or reconstruction, respect the laws and regulations on the transportation of persons for cableway installations in certain essential safety requirements.
41. After the cableway was before reconstruction started using the possessor of cableway supports emergency technical inspection in accordance with Chapter 4 of these rules.
42. All records of the cableway repair or reconstruction, as well as technical checks carried out after the repairs or reconstruction, documented and added to the cableway's passport.
4. the cableway of the technical inspection of the cableway 43. technical inspection are the following: 43.1. a first technical inspection carried out prior to the logging cableway of the national labour inspectorate;
43.2. the regular technical inspections carried out by the use of the cableway;
43.3. emergency technical inspections carried out this provision in paragraph 50 the cases.
44. the cableway's technical verification after the possessor or its authorized representative for the inspection shall be carried out at the request of the institution in accordance with the applicable standards and rules in this chapter 4 requirements.
45. a first and emergency technical inspection: 45.1. evaluate this rule 11 and 13 above documentation and its compliance with these rules and regulations concerning the transportation of persons for cableway installations, as well as test new equipment the conformity certificate;
45.2. visually assess the cableway component, subsystem, input and output, secondary containment structures, constructions and metālkonstrukcij, check the technical condition and compliance with that rule 11 and the documentation referred to in paragraph 13;
45.3. the cableway ropeway with air cab (car) performs static test with a load of 2.0 of the nominal load for 30 minutes and the dynamic test with loads of the nominal load 1.1;
28.2. the cableway, which is designed to move people through the air or pusvagono chairs, make a dynamic test with load 1.25 from nominal load, if the designer is not determined by the different types of inspection;
28.3. make wiring and ground insulation resistance measurements of compliance;
45.6. check operation of cableway to verify the cableway part funkcionētspēj the conditions foreseen by the manufacturer;
28.4. the checks carried out by means of risk analysis data in line with the actual circumstances.
46. During the technical inspection: 46.1. visually assess the cableway components, subsystems, inputs and outputs, containment structures, constructions and metālkonstrukcij, check the technical condition;
46.2. the cableway ropeway with air cab (car) performs static test with a load of 2.0 of the nominal load for 30 minutes and the dynamic test with loads of the nominal load 1.1;
46.3. the cableway, which is designed to move people through the air or pusvagono chairs, make a dynamic test with load 1.25 from nominal load, if the designer is not determined by the different types of inspection;
46.4. the wiring and ground insulation resistance measurements of compliance;
46.5. the cableway operation check to verify the cableway part of funkcionētspēj in the circumstances provided for by the manufacturer.
47. the cableway current test is carried out once a year. Dynamic check of cableway installations to move through the air or pusvagono chairs, carried out every three years.
48. Ski cableway for the check before the start of the season, every fourth technical verification shall be carried out in the summer period.
49. the cableway emergency technical inspection shall be carried out after: 30.5. cableway repeating storyboard, if you set up the rope path in another location;
30.6. the cableway reconstruction;
30.6. the State Labour Inspectorate officials reasoned request, investigation of accidents that have occurred due to the use of the cableway.
50. The inspection body of the cableway to the passport shall record on the cableway of the results of the technical examination and issue the holder or his authorised representative technical inspection protocol. If the inspection body shall check reveals that the rope path conform to these rules and the applicable requirements set out in the standards, the inspection body to verify the cableway displayed next to the cableway of the manufacturer's data plate affixed to the dangerous safety checks.
51. If the inspection body shall check reveals cableway is not compliance with these provisions, and the applicable requirements set out in the standards, the possessor is obliged to prevent inconsistency and call upon inspection body checking again.
52. If the cable path after repeated inspections do not meet these rules and the applicable requirements set out in the standards or pose a threat to human life, health, property and the environment, the inspection body shall promptly give notice to the possessor, and shall notify the law "on technical supervision of dangerous equipment ' referred to in article 12.
5. the cableway State monitoring and control 53. State labour inspectorate carried out under the supervision and control, or cableway is registered in the national labour inspectorate and are used according to the requirements of this regulation.
54. the State Labour Inspectorate by cableway on the supervision and control of it during use, revoke the permission to use a track cableway passports in point 6, if it finds that: 54.1. the possessor of the year has been repeatedly punished administratively for cableway installations in the technical monitoring of the regulatory law violations;
54.2. the possessor is not commanded the specialists responsible in accordance with the provisions of section 15.3;
54.3. cableway has undergone technical inspection this provision in Chapter 4.
55. The provisions referred to in paragraph 54 of decision appeal does not release the possessor of the decision for enforcement and does not give the right to continue the use of the cableway.
6. concluding issues 56. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet of Ministers on 24 February 2004, Regulation No 95 of "technical rules for monitoring air with cableway ropeway cab (car) passengers" (Latvian journal, 2004, nr. 32).
57. If the passenger cableway ropeway scheduled air with cab (cars) carried out a technical examination and opinion on the issue up to the date of entry into force of the rules, an opinion is valid until the expiry of the period specified in it.
58. the rules shall enter into force by 1 January 2009.
Prime Minister a. Halloween economic Minister j. Malcolm Editorial Note: regulations shall enter into force by 1 January 2009.
Annex to the Cabinet of Ministers of 14 august 2007 regulations No 555 economic Minister j. Malcolm
Search Translated Laws of Latvia