Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/164268
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 657 of 2007 in Riga in October (2. No 55 13) career development College Regulations Issued under the University Act 10.1 the first paragraph of article i. General questions 1. Limited liability company "career development College" (College) is a legal person established in the company, which after the acquisition of secondary education provides the opportunity to get first level professional higher education and professional qualifications in the fourth level.
2. the name of the College is: Latvian language-2.1. limited liability company "career development College (abbreviation: KIK);
2.2. in English-Career Growth College;
2.3. the Russian language – Колледж карьерного роста.
3. the registered office of the College-bomber Street 3-47, Riga, LV-1012, Latvia.
4. the founders of the College is: 4.1. limited liability company "Baltic Business College", registered in the companies register on 18 May 2005, the unified registration no 40003744520, registered office-bomber Street 3-47, Riga, LV-1012, Latvia;
4.2. limited liability company "Jucom", registered in the companies register of 7 March 2003, the unified registration no 40003621921, registered office-bomber Street 3-47, Riga, LV-1012, Latvia.
5. College governing body representation and authority is the College Council (hereinafter Council) and College (hereinafter referred to as the Director). The Council is a collegial decision-making body of the staff of the College of education and research. The Director is the highest officer of the College, the College of General Administrative and business management and represent the College in all its affairs. The supreme governing body of the College and authority in strategic, financial and economic issues are the founders, the executive body – the Board of founders (hereinafter the Board).
6. the College can have its own flag, coat of arms, Crest, motto and anthem.
7. the College may establish associations and open branches.
II. activities of the College and the basic task of College activity 8 axes are as follows: 8.1. develop and implement the first level professional higher education programs in the social sciences, and Commerce (Honours) from the area of information technology;
8.2. in the implementation of the educational process, promote student personal development and provide an opportunity to get first level professional higher education and a fourth level of professional qualifications;
8.3. to provide for the possibility for the student to prepare for the continuing education for the second level professional higher education and professional qualifications at level 5.
9. College objectives are the following: 9.1 develop vocational study programmes according to the standards of the profession and the national vocational standards and organize the implementation of those programmes;
9.2. in cooperation with employers, organize teaching practice, to develop the examination content and methods, as well as organize the qualification examinations;
9.3. in theory and practice to prepare qualified competitive specialists, observing work in Latvia demand and supply;
9.4. ensure the study process and the quality of the test to the vocational college education and professional qualifications recognised in Latvia and abroad;
9.5. the studies according to the study, promote student profile of scientific research work;
9.6. to organize the College activities the axes of the appropriate measures;
9.7. in interact with Latvian and foreign educational institutions and employers in the field of vocational training;
6.1. to inform the public about the activities of the College and professional education opportunities in College;
9.9. the economic activities and other activities that do not conflict with the laws and actions of the axes of the College;
9.10. raise the College's specialist professional qualifications.
III. the Council 10. Council elections organised by the Management Board. The Council further, by secret ballot. Representatives from the Council to work more academic and general staff, by secret ballot. Student representatives in the work of College Student Council delegate authority. Deputy Director of studies and the representatives of the founding members (Board members) be included in the Council without election. Board members include the Executive Council decision. Representatives of non-governmental organizations at the request of the Board include the organisations concerned in the Council decision. The Council's term of Office is three years. The composition of the Council is approved by the Executive Board.
11. the Council is composed of 14 members of the Council: 11.1 Director;
11.2. the Deputy Director of the Studio work;
11.3. the limited liability company "Baltic Business College" representative;
11.4. the society with limited liability "Jucom" representative;
11.5. the three academic staff representatives (in academic positions elected persons);
11.6. two general staff representatives;
7.3. the three student self-government representatives;
11.8. two representatives of non-governmental organizations under the study programme-specific.
12. the Council from among the members of the Council elect a Chairman and a Secretary, by secret ballot. The Director may not be the President of the Council. The work of the Council chaired by the President of the Council. The work of the Council and the management of the Protocol manages the Secretary. Election of the Council and of the rules of procedure shall determine the action of the Council regulation in question. The composition of the Council and Council regulations of operation approved by the Executive Board.
13. the Council: 13.1. approve the College's long-term and medium-term operational strategy;
13.2. approval of study programmes and subprogrammes, as well as changes thereto;
13.3. develop and approve the main directions of scientific research and practical Conference the annual scientific topics;
13.4. determines the studies for the preparation of the inspection and approval of the agenda;
13.5. draw up proposals on student enrollment and new study programmes;
13.6. approve, after consulting the Board rules on academic and administrative positions in college and election procedures in these posts;
8.5. by matching with the Board approves the regulations on the study and test procedures in College;
13.8. consider and adopt the annual report of the activities of the College;
13.9. support and promote the activities of the Student Government, the student self-government regulations approved;
13.10. accepts the proposals of the College Department and the establishment of branches, reorganizing and dissolution and after consulting the Management Board approved the by-laws;
13.11. the development of the College's internal rules;
13.12. Approves the College flag, coat of arms, emblem, motto and anthem;
13.13. propose the question on the college name or legal status;
13.14. decide on other issues that are within its competence under this Statute.
14. The Board of Governors shall be convened by its Chairman, Director or at least five members of the Council. The Council meets at least once every two months.
15. the Council is valid if its meeting at least nine members of the Governing Council. The Council's decisions shall be taken by a simple majority, or by secret ballot. Vote by secret ballot if requested by at least five members of the Council. If the votes of the Council members divided into similar, the President of the Council shall have a casting vote. Council decision shall enter into force by order of the Director. If within one month of the Council decision, the Director shall not issue the order in issue be re-examined at the next meeting of the Council.
16. the Director has a suspensive veto rights in respect to the decisions of the Council. After the veto question of application of the harmonisation, the Commission examined the Council. The Conciliation Commission shall consist of the Director, the President of the Council, members of the Management Board and one academic staff, general staff and student representative. Council decision shall enter into force if, by secret ballot, on the vote of at least five members of the Council. The Reconciliation Commission decision approving the next Council meeting.
17. Council decisions taken in strategic, financial and economic matters will enter into force after their approval by the Board.
18. some of the issues the Council may establish advisory boards and approve the regulations.
19. the Board may withdraw its staff group meeting that the Council members elected. The members of the Council at prosecution rules shall lay down the procedure for the Council's operation. A reference to a member of the Governing Board of the decision of the Board of Directors. Non-governmental organisations representative of the Council on a proposal from the reference or the organization with this Organization's decision.
IV. 20. Director, Director for five years, the Council shall elect by secret ballot. Director of recruiting and released from the Labour Board. The Director needed a higher education and at least five years of pedagogical or scientific work experience, as well as at least three years experience in a leading position.
21. the Director: 21.1. recruiting and dismissal of the College academic and general staff and Deputy Director position;
21.2. the issue of College staff and student of binding orders;
21.3. after consulting the Board, determine the number of units of the Office of the College;
21.4. According to powers decide on college resources;
21.5. organised by academic staff and department heads of the elections according to the regulations on academic and administrative posts in College;
21.6. present to the Council an annual report on the operation of the College;
21.7. perform other tasks as set out in these provisions.
22. the Director shall leave office upon the initiative of the Council or the Board, if the work of the Director, significant violations of the laws and actions of the College of Justice. Director of rules shall lay down the procedure for academic and administrative positions in college.
V. College departments and branch 23. Educational process, research, organizational, economic and operational work of the College can create departments and branches.
24. The departments and branches, functions and tasks right down the unit and affiliate rules. Units and the Branch Manager is responsible for departments and branch work.
25. Education and research work of the College is pamatstruktūrvienīb. The organizational, economic and operational work of the College can also consist of other departments.
26. The Department is the Department implementing the related profile first level professional higher education programs. The task of the Department is to implement educational programs, conduct research, interact with other College departments, educational institutions, employers and non-governmental organizations.
27. the head of Department, elect according to the regulations on academic and administrative positions in college.
Vi. College staff 28. College staff (staff): 28.1. academic staff;
28.2. overall staff;
29. the Staff College shall be entitled to use the facilities, equipment, inventory, library, and other objects, in accordance with the internal rules of the College.
30. it is the duty of the Staff contribute to the activities of the College and to support transparency in its administration. Personnel shall have the right to order the Council to participate in the management and governance decisions and internal rules, as well as in making decisions affecting staff interests, participate in collegiate management organ of the College meetings and to submit proposals for the operation of the College.
31. Academic staff consists of: 31.1. Assistant Professor;
31.2. the lecturer;
31.3. the Assistant.
32. persons in academic positions elected by open competition in accordance with the rules of the academic and administrative positions in college. The contest is advertised for at least a month before the election, the publication of a notice in the newspaper "journal". Charter, the requirements referred to in academic staff education and qualifications is determined in accordance with the Universities Act.
33. Administrative positions Director and other officials, which are basic administrative work.
34. academic positions may elect a person with doctorate or master's degree.
35. The professional study programme profile subjects of the post of Assistant Professor may hold a person with higher education without degree, if it is appropriate for the subject matter concerned at least seven years seniority in practice. Requirements for Assistant Professor positions following adoption applicants, approved by the Council. Professional study programme profile subjects or Assistant lecturer posts can take a person with a university degree without masters degrees, if it is the subject matter appropriate for at least five years ' seniority in practice.
36. After consulting the Board of Directors with an elected person conclude work contracts at the time of the election, six years ago.
37. academic staff have the following responsibilities: 37.1. creative and responsible participation in the implementation of the programme of study;
37.2. constantly improve their professional qualifications;
37.3. abide by the rules of professional conduct;
23.2. to answer for their actions and their results;
37.5. ensure the student opportunities to exercise their rights in college.
38. academic staff have the following rights: 38.1. within the study programme according to the regulations on the study and test procedures to determine the free courses and test content, forms and methods;
38.2. the research work, freely choose research methods, evaluate and publish research results;
23.8. submit proposals for action relevant to the objective of the College events;
23.9. to offer new courses and propose to start a new study programme implementation;
38.5. the proposals on College development and internal policing;
24.0. half a college representative, management institutions and decision-making bodies.
39. the obligation to respect the student's College Charter, Council approved regulations and internal rules.
40. College student have student self-government. Authority works in accordance with its designed and approved the Council regulation.
41. The student authority have the right to request and receive from the College representative, management bodies and heads of departments shall be information and explanations on matters that affect the interests of the student.
42. The student self-government representatives have the right to participate in the College authority. The student self-government representatives in the Council have suspensive right of veto in matters that affect the interests of the student. If necessary, create a Conciliation Commission, the Council and the issue be re-examined at the next meeting of the Council. The Reconciliation Commission decision approved by the Council. Council decision shall enter into force if, by secret ballot, on the vote of at least nine members of the Governing Council.
43. The student self-government decisions are subject to approval by the Council is binding to all student.
VII. Programme development and approval process of Studio 44 is governed by regulations approved by the Council.
45. To develop and provide to sign up for courses of academic departments of might.
46. Study Programme and changes approved by the Council. The decision on the new programmes of study initiation and termination of the existing program shall be adopted by the Management Board.
VIII. Internal procedures governing documents 47. College internal procedures of regulatory documents issued by the Director.
48. The College departments of internal procedures of regulatory document issued to the head of the Department, and this document shall enter into force when it is approved by the Director.
49. on matters which are not within the competence of the Director of regulation, decisions approved by the Council, taking into account the recommendation of the Director.
IX. Administrative provisions and the actual action for appeal 50. College activities rule of law provides the Director.
51. College officials issued administrative provisions and actual action may be challenged, by submitting the submissions to the Director. Decision of the Director may appeal to the Court.
52. the Director of the administrative acts issued and actual action may appeal to the Court.
X. college funding sources 53. funded the College's founders, under the Cabinet of Ministers established the education programme minimum cost per learner.
54. the College is for a fee. Tuition and other fees for services shall be determined by the Management Board. After consulting the Board of undergraduate colleges in the order may fully or partially exempt from the fees.
55. The College's financial resources shall consist of: 55.1. tuition fee;
55.2. revenues for the services and other revenue;
55.3. foreign financial resources;
55.4. legal and physical person donations and gifts;
55.5. banks and credit institutions, the DTI.
XI. College international relations 56. College is entitled to participate in international cooperation, organized by the Ministry of education and science, other State, local and non-governmental organizations, as well as to build bilateral (multilateral) international communication.
57. The College may invite other National University Faculty and professionals for viesdocētāj or guest speaker individual reading course.
58. The College staff may organise fact-finding trip in Latvia and abroad.
XII. The College Charter and its amendments, the initiation and development 59. Proposals for amendments to the Statute of the College Development Council created the Commission. The Commission shall lay down the procedure for the Council approved the Charter.
60. Proposals for amendments to the regulations of the Commission College may submit to the Director, the members of the Council, Student Government, the same department heads, as well as one tenth of the total number of staff of the College.
61. the Executive Board shall coordinate the College's by-laws and amendments.
XIII. reorganization and liquidation of the College 62. Decision on the College and its branch reorganization or liquidation after a proposal of the Management Board shall adopt the founders.
Prime Minister a. Halloween, Minister of education and science Rivž B Note: the wording of the entry into force of the provisions by October 6, 2007.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia