Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/166986
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 764 in Riga in 2007 (13 November. 64. § 3) special task Minister for society integration Affairs Secretariat Regulations Issued pursuant to the public administration Act, article 16 of the equipment the first part i. General questions 1. Special task Minister for society integration Affairs Secretariat (hereinafter referred to as the Secretariat) is the leading national regulatory authority in the field of social integration. The Secretariat is in public policy development and implementation in the field of social integration, civil society development, racial and ethnic discrimination, combating discrimination and the eradication of cross-sectoral issues and promote tolerance in society, minority rights, cultural traditions and Liv, Latvian diaspora support conservation, as well as the integration of immigrants.
2. the Secretariat is directly subject to the special task Minister for society integration Affairs (hereinafter: the Minister).
II. Secretariat functions, tasks and responsibilities 3. Secretariat functions are the following: 3.1 develop policy for social integration;
3.2. to organize and coordinate the laws and other normative acts;
3.3. perform other functions in accordance with the legislation.
4. in order to ensure the fulfilment of the functions of the Secretariat shall undertake the following tasks: 4.1 according to competency developing law and policy planning documents in the field of social integration;
4.2 according to the competence of other ministries shall give opinions on the developed policy planning documents and draft legislation;
4.3. implement and coordinate policy planning documents that are within the competence of the Secretariat;
4.4. promoting the development of civil society;
4.5. implement and coordinate activities related to racial and ethnic discrimination, the eradication of all forms of discrimination against the cross-sectoral issues and promote tolerance in society;
4.6. implement and coordinate national support for minorities and non-governmental organizations;
4.7. promote the culture and tradition of the Livonian;
4.8. implement and coordinate the support of the Latvian diaspora and its societies, associations and centres;
4.9 implement and coordinate activities related to the access to integration programmes for immigrants;
4.10 according to competency provides binding for Latvia international contracts and participation in the international programs and the work of the Organization, as well as participating in the development cooperation policy development and implementation;
4.11. inform and educate the public in the area of integration of society;
4.12. promote the integration of the development and implementation of programmes in municipalities;
4.13. developed and the Cabinet in the order presented on the State must put budget allocations for social integration, as well as organise the secretariat allocated state budget funds spent for the intended purposes appropriately and ensure that use control;
4.14. National behalf by private transactions that are required for the operation of the Secretariat;
4.15. the laws and carry out other tasks.
5. the Secretariat shall have the following rights: 5.1. to cooperate with other public administration authorities and institutions, non-governmental organizations, as well as with foreign and international institutions;
5.2. to participate in the international organization held events, to conclude international cooperation agreements, and coordinate international cooperation;
5.3. to request and receive, free of charge from ministries, local authorities and other governmental and non-governmental institutions, the secretariat tasks required for the implementation of the information and documents;
5.4. implementation of other legal rights.
III. structure of the Secretariat and executive competence 6. head of the Secretariat to ensure the implementation and function of the Secretariat has responsibility for it, as well as manages the administrative work of the Secretariat, ensuring its continuity, efficiency and the rule of law, according to the State administration of machine's statutory competence.
7. the Secretariat Manager is a civil servant with the Secretary of State's rights.
8. the head of the Secretariat may be alternates. Deputy Head of the Secretariat are civil servants. Deputy Head of the Secretariat of the competence of the Secretariat.
9. The secretariat shall consist of the Prime Minister's Office, the Office of the head of the Secretariat, departments, their divisions and stand-alone chapters.
10. the Office of the head of the Secretariat, departments, their divisions and stand-alone section creates, reorganize and eliminate the head of the Secretariat. The head of the Secretariat, the Office of the Department and an independent chapter of the tasks, functions and rights of the subjects of the Department. Regulations by matching with the head of the Secretariat shall issue the relevant head of unit structure.
11. the composition of the Cabinet is the head of the Office of the Prime Minister and the Minister's advisers. Office staff shall be engaged by the Minister for the Minister's mandate. The Office of the Minister for the performance of functions provided for by the Minister is responsible.
12. duties of the civil servants and the right to have certain job descriptions. Employee responsibilities and rights are defined in the employment contracts.
13. the Department, the substantive Department and the Office of the head of the Secretariat are at the head of the Secretariat.
14. the Department and independent work of the section is headed by a Department Director and Division Manager. The Director of the Department may be alternate.
IV. activities of the Secretariat in ensuring the rule of law and the reporting of the activities of the Secretariat rule 15 provides the Secretariat. The head of the Secretariat shall be responsible for the management decisions for the creation and operation of the system.
16. The Secretariat Manager is entitled to cancel the official prettiesisko of the Secretariat of the decisions and internal regulations.
17. the head of the Secretariat shall act as the Secretariat of the individuals officials issued the contested administrative act or actual action.
18. the head of the Secretariat to succeed administrative or actual action of an individual may appeal to the Court.
19. the secretariat will report on the implementation of the sectoral policy, the Secretariat's functions and the use of budget resources, as well as prepare a public annual report on the implementation of the policy to the public.
20. the head of the Secretariat shall provide quarterly reports to the Minister on the implementation of the policy to the public.
21. The Minister shall have the right at any time to request a review of the implementation of public policies in the area of integration and functioning of the Secretariat.
V. closing question 22. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet of 27 December 2002 Regulation No 612 "special task Minister for society integration Affairs Secretariat in the Charter" (Latvian journal, 2003, no. 2).
Prime Minister a. Halloween special task Minister for society integration O. Kastēn Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 29 November 2007.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia