Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/168381
Updated 22.01.2008., Latvian Journal No 11 (3795) Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 1048 Riga, 2007 December 18 (Mon. No 70 35) hygiene and minimum safety requirements for the movement of cows ' milk in bulk Issued under the food surveillance law in the second paragraph of article 4 and article 8 of the tenth part i. General questions 1. determines the minimum health and safety requirements of the cows ' milk (milk) small scale production, pretreatment, stored away, transportation and distribution, if the producer directly supplying milk to the final consumer or trader who deals with retail and marketing the milk directly to the final consumer in the territory of Latvia (hereinafter referred to as the least of trade).
2. the requirements of these regulations are controlled and monitored by the food and veterinary service (hereinafter service).
3. the milk producers who get milk delivered directly to the final consumer, or retail, is responsible for the conformity of the milk set out in these provisions and minimum safety requirements.
4. During the year, the quantity of milk marketed, should it not exceed 7000 kg, is considered a small amount.
5. the right to supply milk in bulk to the final consumer or trade may be of small milk producers who service the Department has received marketing authorisation in the milk. To get the milk marketing authorisation, the manufacturer of the territorial unit in service in paper form or electronically submitted application. Service within 10 working days of the application, check the appearance shed, takes a sample of the minimum milk (milk samples) and assess the compliance of the manufacturer of the milk requirements of these provisions.
6. when the milk producer meets the requirements of these provisions and holds direct sales quota, service within five working days of the issue of the marketing authorization of the milk. Milk marketing authorisation valid for one year. Milk producer retail location on demand show milk marketing authorisation.
7. in the event of failure to comply with the requirements laid down in these rules, the service stops the milk marketing authorisation. Milk marketing authorisation may be renewed, if milk producers shall provide laboratory test results, showing that the milk complies with the requirements of this regulation.
II. Requirements for the animal health and animal production to 8. Animals whose milk is supplied directly to the final consumer or retail vanity is: 8.1 investigated according to the law on infectious disease surveillance and control;
8.2. clinically healthy;
8.3. the marked and registered according to the law on animal herds and the registration of holdings and identification of animals, to the requirements of the order.
9. Milk production comply with the requirements of the laws and restrictions in the use of the medicinal product in animals and in animals and products of animal origin, where the animals enter restriction of the use of the medicine.
10. milk manufacturer provides different marking of animals who are sick or are being treated.
11. Animal accommodation where the milk is produced: 11.1. is registered according to the law on animal herds and the registration of holdings and identification of animal procedures;
11.2. comply with laws and regulations on animal welfare requirements.
12. Animal housing: 12.1. not less frequently than once every three months, pest extermination and disinfection carried out pest control. The measures taken to maintain written records;
12.2. disinfection, pest extermination, pest control and detergents, as well as veterinary medicinal products are stored in a locked location or room;
12.3. washing, disinfection, pest extermination and pest control products are used and stored in accordance with the instructions.
13. the service at least once a year check the accommodation, checks out the milk sample and issue an opinion to the manufacturer of the milk (checklists) for milk collection, pre-treatment and storage requirements.
III. requirements for milk production, pretreatment, storage and transport of 14. before each milking cow wash udder and teats, if not difficult, also adjacent parts of the body.
15. Before the milking of dairy ieslauc the first jet in a separate container with a dark base, evaluating the characteristics of milk, referred to the provisions of paragraph 25.
16. immediately after milking, the milk is cooled to a temperature of not more than 8 ° C, and distributes to the final consumer after 24 hours izslaukšan.
17. In rooms where the milk has been working pirmap (dairy filter and cool the horse) and store the milk: 17.1. floors, walls and work surfaces are easy to clean and disinfect, if necessary;
17.2. the ventilation and lighting is provided;
17.3. the milk contamination is avoided.
18. Equipment that come into contact with milk: 18.1 is made from materials that comply with the legislation on minimum safety requirements for the materials and articles in contact with food;
18.2. is in good condition, easy to clean, wash and disinfect, if necessary;
18.3. are washed after each use and, if necessary, disinfected in advance;
18.4. used only for its intended purpose;
18.5. storing conditions that eliminate the possibility of contamination.
19. in all actions relating to the use of milk, water, complying with the regulations on the minimum drinking water safety and quality requirements.
20. the producer shall ensure that: 20.1. milk extraction and pre-treatment is employed persons who are not ill with the diseases or disease agents are not the host, which can be redistributed;
20.2. persons performing any actions with milk, use suitable and clean clothing and observe personal hygiene.
21. the location of animals is not permitted on the premises in which milk or a milk stored in the first treatment.
22. The milk used for the transport of clean dishes, made from materials that comply with laws on minimum safety requirements for the materials and articles in contact with food. Containers are tightly sealed.
23. during transport, the temperature of the milk must ensure that no higher than 10 ° c.
24. storage and transport milk banned from the freeze.
IV. Milk quality and safety requirements and the mandatory milk sampling 25. Milk may be exercised if it is: 25.1. white or white with a yellow hue;
25.2. the milk-specific taste and smell;
25.3. liquid, with a smooth consistency, without mechanical or other impurities.
26. Dairy manufacturer provides milk sampling and testing to determine the total number of bacteria: 26.1. – two times a month;
26.2. somatic cell count – once a month;
26.3. inhibitor (drug residue, detergent and disinfectant) presence – once a month;
26.4. the freezing point of milk – quarterly;
26.5. pathogenic microflora presence – quarterly.
27. Milk samples tested in the laboratory, which is accredited by the national agency "Latvian National Accreditation Center" to the standard LVS EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005 "the competence of testing and calibration laboratories-General requirements", which made this provision in paragraph 29 of the testing of these indicators, for which the Ministry of the economy published a notice in the newspaper "Gazette" (hereinafter referred to as the accredited laboratory).
28. milk producer milk samples taken from Cannes, coolers or containers of laboratory accredited in a sterile tube, issued under the following conditions: 28.1. before sampling of milk milk tank mix thoroughly until a homogeneous consistency;
28.2. the milk sample taken immediately after mixing;
28.3. sample takes 35-40 ml of milk;
28.4. milk sample labelled;
28.5. milk sample is stored and transported at a temperature between 0 ° C and 4 ° C; 28.6. storage and transport of samples of milk protects from direct sa les rays;
28.7. milk sample in a laboratory accredited to deliver 24 hours of milking;
17.9. storage and transport of the milk samples should not be frozen.
29. the milk may be accomplished by the testing laboratory are obtained if the following results: the total number of bacteria 29.1.30 ° C per ml of milk does not exceed 100000;
29.2. somatic cell count per ml of milk does not exceed 400000;
29.3. the presence of inhibitors have been found;
29.4. drug residues do not exceed regulations on minimum safety requirements and maximum allowable drug residues in animal products specified amount;
29.5. milk freezing temperature no higher than-0.520 ° C; 18.4. in determining the presence of pathogenic micro-organisms, obtained the following scores: 29.6.1. Staphylococcus aureus the number of colony-forming units per ml of milk meets the following indicators: n = 5, m = 500, M = 2000, c = 2, where n-number of individual sample unit;
m – threshold value for the number of bacteria. The result is considered satisfactory if the number of bacteria in all sample units does not exceed m; M – the maximum value for the number of bacteria. The result is considered unsatisfactory if the number of bacteria in one or more sample units is M or more;
c – sample the number of units that the result may be greater than m, but less than M. overall, is considered satisfactory if the number of bacteria in the other sample units is m or less;
29.6.2. milk is not detected the presence of salmonella.
30. If the producer finds that milk does not conform to this rule 25 and 29 of those requirements, it immediately stops the milk marketing.
31. If the service accommodation is found during the inspection violations of these rules, it shall determine the measures to be taken in the dairy safety performance-enhancing. If necessary, the service determines the product sales restrictions.
32. Dairy manufacturer services decisions may be challenged or appealed for food surveillance law and administrative procedure law.
V. requirements for disposal of milk delivery dairy retail 33., milk producers added this provision to the accompanying document referred to in the annex. The accompanying document shall be drawn up in duplicate. Submit one copy to the place of delivery of the milk, other dairy stores instead.
34. retail, get the milk from the dairy producer: 34.1. the size and the temperature of the milk in the registry (if it is higher than 10 ° C, the milk does not accept);
21.3. milk shall be assessed according to these regulations, paragraph 25;
3. record the milk delivery date;
21.4. catering company in it now are pasteurized by heating in at least 72 ° C for not less than 15 seconds, or use a different combination of temperature and time to obtain an equivalent effect, if the milk is not intended for the cooked food. After heating the milk for no longer than two hours to cool and stored at 2-6 ° C for no longer than 36 hours.
35. the provision of milk producers at the bottom paragraph 8.1, 29 and paragraph 33 of that stores information in three years after the end of the quota year and presented at the request of the Inspector of the service.
36. At the point of retail sale to this provision, the information referred to in paragraph 34 and annex accompanying the milk stored in one year and presented at the request of the Inspector of the service.
37. The retail site provides the storage of milk 2-6 ° C.
38. The retail site indicates a farm, which produced milk, milk expiration date and add "fresh milk, bring to the boil is recommended before use".
39. The milk marketed in the retail space of the buyer at the buyer's request, containers or single-use packaging that complies with the laws and regulations on minimum safety requirements for the materials and articles in contact with food.
VI. final question 40. Regulations shall enter into force by 1 January 2008.
Prime Minister a. Halloween farming Minister – the Minister of the environment r. vējonis Editorial Note: regulations shall enter into force by 1 January 2008.
Annex to the Cabinet of Ministers of 18 December 2007 regulations no 875 accompanying Minister of Agriculture for milk, the Minister for the environment r. vējonis
Search Translated Laws of Latvia