Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/174716
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 312 in Riga 2008. on 28 April (pr. No 27 19) climate change financial instrument Advisory Council regulation Issued pursuant to the public administration facilities of article 13 of the law i. General provisions 1 the question determines: 1.1. climate change financial instrument Advisory Council (hereinafter Council) functions, tasks and rights;
1.2. the order in which the Works Council.
II. the Council functions, tasks and rights 2. The Council has the following functions: 2.1 to promote the climate change funds financing instrument for the economic and environmental efficiency;
2.2. on matters related to climate change, the implementation of the financial instrument to promote cooperation and the exchange of information between the national regulatory authorities, individuals and society as a whole.
3. in addition to the law "on the participation of the Republic of Latvia, the flexible mechanisms of the Kyoto Protocol in the" article 12 in the second and third tasks set in part the Council provides environmental Ministry proposals for the reallocation of funds according to priorities, obtained by selling state-owned greenhouse gas emission units.
4. the Council shall have the following rights: 4.1. familiarize yourself with the Environment Ministry and other government institutions to prepare the draft legislative acts and policy planning documents related to the climate of financial instruments;
4.2. According to competence to request and receive from the national regulatory authorities Council tasks the required information;
4.3. to invite to meetings of Council, Environment Ministry officials and industry experts;
4.4. to provide recommendations on the necessary amendments to the legislation relating to climate change in a financial instrument;
4.5. to inform the public about current events related to climate change in the implementation of the financial instrument;
4.6. to propose measures for climate change projects funded by financial instruments objectives.
III. Activities of the Council of the President of the Council is 5 Environment Minister. The President of the Council in the absence of the Chairman of the Council's duties, she posted a representative of the Ministry of the Environment Council.
6. the functions of the Secretariat of the Council to provide the Ministry of the environment. The Secretary of the Board is not a member of the Council.
7. The Council shall hold its meetings not less than once every three months. A decision on the convening of the meeting of the Council shall be adopted by the President of the Council.
8. the Council meeting venue and time for the Secretary of the Board informed the members of the Board not later than 10 working days before the regular session of the Council and at the same time electronically and send them by post to the Council meeting agenda.
9. Proposals for Council consideration, issues and results in documents or document projects Council members electronically and by mail send to the Secretariat not later than six days before the Council meeting.
10. the agenda of the Council, as specified in accordance with the rules referred to in paragraph 9 of the proposal, and materials related to the meeting of the Council of the issues under consideration, the Secretary of the Board electronically to the members of the Council no later than five working days before the Council meeting.
11. extraordinary meetings of the Council shall be convened by the President of the Council, on its own initiative or at the initiative of the members of the Council, if, by the President of the Council by article submission required by the Board not less than one-third of the members of the Council.
12. The Council's emergency session of the venue and time of the Secretary of the Board informed the members of the Council no later than five working days before the extraordinary meeting of the Council and at the same time electronically and by post, send them to the emergency Council meeting agenda.
13. Proposals for Council extraordinary meeting on the issues under consideration and the documents or document results in projects Council members electronically and by mail send to the Secretariat no later than three working days before the Council meeting.
14. The Council meeting agenda, specified in accordance with the provisions referred to in paragraph 13 of the proposal, and materials related to the consideration of the Council asked the Secretary of the Board offered to electronically transmit to the members of the Council no later than two working days prior to the Council meeting.
15. the Council meetings are open to the public.
16. the Council are valid if they participate in the hearing, more than half of the members of the Council.
17. the Council decision shall be taken by the members of the Council present a simple majority. Each Council Member has one vote. If the vote splits equal, the Chairman of the Board shall have a casting vote.
18. The decisions of the Council's recommendations.
19. the minutes of the Council. The Council decision shall be recorded in minutes.
20. The Secretary of the Board within five working days electronically transmit to the members of the Council Coordination Council meeting minutes. The members of the Council within three working days electronically coordinate draft minutes of the hearing or at the appropriate revisions. The minutes shall be signed by the President of the Council and the Secretary.
21. The Secretary of the Board shall, on request, provide information on Council decisions.
IV. final question 22. Regulations shall enter into force on 1 May 2008.
Prime Minister i. Godmanis Environment Minister r. vējonis Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 1 May 2008.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia