Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/178348
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No 535 in Riga in 2008 (14 July. 49. § 6) dangerous equipment in the crash investigation order issued in accordance with the law "on technical supervision of dangerous equipment" article 3, fourth paragraph 1. establish procedures for investigating hazardous equipment in an emergency.
2. dangerous equipment accidents (hereinafter referred to as the crash) is a case related to a sudden and total or partial damage of the equipment in the hazardous installation, use or maintenance, if the damage immediately or after a period of time constitutes a threat or harm to human life, health, property or the environment.
3. Crash investigation aims to find out their causes, develop recommendations on measures needed for the prevention of similar cases and dangerous equipment for enhancing the level of security, as well as to find out the person who committed the technical supervision of dangerous equipment or labour protection laws and requirements, and other stakeholders, which has crashed.
4. Crash būvinspekcij State officials investigate, by means of dangerous equipment or his authorized representative and, if necessary, appropriate specialists and experts.
5. If the accident classified as industrial accidents, to investigate in accordance with the legislation on industrial accidents procedures for risk assessment and risk reduction measures.
6. emergency record and it records the State of būvinspekcij. Crash investigation materials stored and transferred to the archives law "on the archives".
7. If an accident, dangerous equipment ancillary staff are obliged to act in accordance with the instructions for use of the equipment, if necessary, call the appropriate emergency services (for example, the State fire and rescue service, emergency medical assistance, gas emergency service), as well as the crash to report immediately to their supervisor to direct and dangerous equipment holder.
8. dangerous equipment by means of the accident without delay: 8.1. State būvinspekcij, as well as the one presented during the public days būvinspekcij in a written report;
8.2. The national police unit, in the territory of which the accident has taken place, and the State labour inspection, if the crash was caused by a serious accident that injured or dead people;
8.3. National Environment services to regional environmental administration and local authorities concerned, if the damage to the environment or harm directly;
8.4. the State fire and rescue service, if the crash is associated with fire or the need to perform rescue operations;
8.5. the State fire and rescue service, the same Government, public service and other environmental legislation on industrial accidents procedures for risk assessment and risk reduction measures, if those crashes classified as industrial accidents.
9. dangerous equipment by means of this provision in the report referred to in point 8.1 indicate information about a company, institution or organization in which the accident has taken place, the date and the time of the accident, contact information, news about the dangerous facilities, the location of the event means and its address, the type of equipment, dangerous jobs to be performed and the emergency conditions, as well as the number of victims (if any).
10. If an accident, dangerous equipment means: 10.1 implemented emergency measures to limit and eliminate or reduce its effects;
10.2. in all possible ways captures the situation after the crash (accident site plan, scheme, witness statements, photographs, videos);
10.3. save the damaged parts of the equipment to ensure an unbiased investigation of dangerous equipment accidents.
11. If the crash was caused by a serious accident that injured or dead people, national police officers arriving on the scene, decide on further action.
12. State officials investigating the crash of the būvinspekcij within 10 working days from the receipt of the written report. In exceptional cases, if it is not possible for the right time to get the necessary documents (such as a complex and prolonged inspection, delayed receipt of the certificate, State of health or absence can not receive explanations from witnesses, officers, staff), the time limit may be extended by the construction of State inspection chiefs.
13. emergency in the course of the investigation, State officials shall have the right to būvinspekcij according to competency: 13.1. to receive free of charge from the possessor of the equipment in a hazardous, crash witnesses, dangerous equipment operating staff and State and local government institutions in the investigation the necessary written and oral information;
13.2. request the possessor of dangerous machines: 13.2.1. prepare and submit the crash site plans, diagrams, photos, and other informative material or copies thereof;
13.2.2. dangerous equipment submitted technical documentation and other documents or copies of them (presentation of the originals) required for emergency circumstances.
14. the emergency investigation related costs shall be borne by the possessor of the equipment in hazardous.
15. the results of the investigation of the crash būvinspekcij officer of State draw up an emergency investigation of dangerous equipment Act (annex). If any outside parties does not agree with the content of the Act, it shall carry out the appropriate mark on the person's participation in the investigation, indicating that the person does not consent to the Act drawn up and signed by the person concerned added explanation that it explains the reasons for such position.
16. State registers the būvinspekcij crash investigation materials. The crash investigation materials are: 16.1. emergency investigation Act;
16.2. the crash site plan, scheme or the photos and other information material or copies, information on dangerous equipment;
16.3. the particulars of victims (if any);
16.4. emergency officials and witnesses, the dangerous equipment servicing written explanations;
16.5. the news on dangerous equipment the staff training, certification and instruction;
16.6. accredited laboratories, certification or inspection bodies prepare hazardous equipment inspection documents (laboratory tests, technical calculations, legislation), as well as specialists and experts;
16.7. orders, decisions, instructions, and other documentation, which is the cause of the accident was.
17. the būvinspekcij State within three working days after the holder's receipt of the written report sent to the crash investigation, a written copy of the acts: 17.1. dangerous equipment holder;
17.2. If the accident is caused by a serious accident that injured or dead people: 17.2.1. the corresponding territorial unit of the national police;
17.2.2. the State labour inspection, adding expertise in the present opinion.
18. dangerous equipment means: 18.1. the results of the investigation with emergency personnel, which introduces the serving of hazardous installations;
18.2. the time-limits laid down in the legislation, take measures to prevent emergency causes and eliminate the consequences of accidents;
18.3. the written notice to the national būvinspekcij on: the emergency causes 18.3.1. prevention measures;
18.3.2. the emergency relief measures;
18.3.3. measures stemming from the results of a risk assessment carried out in accordance with the laws and regulations on the protection of health.
Prime Minister Godmanis economic Minister i. k. Gerhard Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 17 July 2008.
Annex Cabinet 14 July 2008 regulations no 535 Economy Minister k. Gerhard
Search Translated Laws of Latvia