The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law on Plant Protection Act terms used in plant health-plant sector, which explores the damaging crops and competing organisms, biological and ecological factors, develops and carries out the control and eradication measures.
Plant protection machinery-specially designed and made for use of plant protection products (miglotāj, aerosol generators, pesticides, pesticide device into the working fluid preparation and etching machines, etc.).
Plant protection-biological, physico-chemical or mechanical means plants of the harmful organism and weed control or reduce its negative impact.
Plant protection measure of human exposure to harmful organisms of plants or plant physiological dysfunctions agents to protect them, ensure their normal growth and development and avoid possible crop loss.
Plant infection-disease onset occurs with the fitopatogēn into the plant and continue until between fitopatogēn and host a parasitic relationship stable.
Plants of the harmful organism-animal or plant (plant pests, plant diseases, weeds proponents) which directly or indirectly killed plants or cause them death, thereby reducing crop yields.
Plant pests-animals during their lives directly or indirectly damaging plants, thereby reducing the crop yield and quality.
Plant pest (disease)-plant pests (disease agent) known occurrence of specimens in a set period of time.
Plant quarantine-organized set of measures to ensure the protection of the plants, not allowing to import and distribute the quarantine objects and other plants particularly dangerous organisms that determines the national authorities concerned.
Plant diseases-plant, its organs or cell metabolic disorder that causes adverse growing conditions or fitopatogēn organisms (fungi, bacteria, viruses, etc.), thereby reducing the plants ' productivity or causing them to collapse.
Growth regulator-biologically active substance affects plant growth or development.
Natural environment-natural factors that directly or indirectly affect the people's lives and economic activities.
Fungicide-chemical mushroom plant proposed to combat the disease.
Herbicide-chemical weed control.
Insecticide-chemical insects control substance.
Kultūrsubstrāt-artificially created in the substrate.
Mycotoxin-microscopic mushroom of life processes to create plants, humans and animals poisonous metabolic products.
Not the parasitic plant disease-plant physiological dysfunctions in adverse conditions. The main factors that adversely affect the development of the plant, is a meteorological and soil conditions (temperature, humidity, soil structure, nutrient support, etc.), as well as crop breeding site selection and blakusaug.
Pesticide-a chemical agent for various plants of harmful organisms and weed control.
High-the chemical that increases plant resistance to veldrēšano.
Medium-nutrient environment, which live in different organisms. Chapter I General provisions article 1. Plant protection plant protection tasks tasks are: 1) ensure the plant, especially the crop and the harvest, protection against pests, diseases and weeds, as well as protect plants from infection with parasitic diseases;
2) protect crop production of mycotoxins and other human and animal health the harmful impurities in dangerous quantities;
3) prevent plant protection measure adverse effects on the natural environment and the use of pesticide residue accumulation in the product produced in soil and water above my norm. 2. article. Plant Protection Act (1) scope for the protection of Plants against pests, diseases, weeds and not parasitic adverse affects are subject to all of the land regardless of the land user (owner) (property) the existing area the size and type of use.
(2) on plant protection measures in response, but leased the land areas-land the tenant if the land lease agreement provides otherwise. Chapter II the plant protection services in article 3. Plant protection service structures (1) national plant protection organises, manages and controls the Ministry of agriculture under State authority-the national plant protection station, which has legal personality. Charter of the national plant protection station approved by the Minister of agriculture.
(2) national plant protection station is headed by a Director, who is with the Latvian plant health the main State Inspector. He appointed and released from Office by the Minister of agriculture.
(3) the National Director of the plant protection station: 1) responsible for plant protection measures that the country and plant protection service shall operate in a legislative or regulatory requirements of work, health, environmental protection and other fields;
2) provides law and Cabinet regulatory compliance in the area of plant protection and plant protection service. 4. article. The competence of the Ministry of agriculture plant protection in the Ministry of agriculture plant protection area: 1) prepare laws and Cabinet documents for plant protection issues;
2) issued instructions and suggestions for use of plant protection products and appropriate measures are taken;
3) monitors the plant protection in Latvia;
4) control of pesticides in the country, not the reserve allows you to buy and hoard not justified. quantities that become illiquid, toxic threat to the natural environment, human and animal health; about the national budget shall set up a national reserve and pesticides, in coordination with the National Center for environmental health, said their preparations and an assortment of quantity required to combat harmful organisms, it is not intended and especially dangerous attacks from parasites;
5) repealing the State plant health Director of the station's statement, if it violates the national plant protection stations in this Charter and statutory powers and if the following statement is executed may be harmful to human and animal health, the environment or contribute to the plant pests and diseases, as well as the deterioration of the quality of plant products. 5. article. National plant protection station of competence (1) national plant protection stations are obliged to establish a timely of plant pest and diseases in the country, to predict their development and contribute to 4 plant protection and quarantine measures are taken, to the extent that limit plant diseases, pests and weed spread and minimise negative impacts.
(2) the purpose of This national plant protection station has the right to: 1) create a register of plant protection products;
2) confirm the plant quarantine regulations;
4) to issue phytosanitary certificates for export of plant products;
5) organize the land user (owner) of the plant protection training activities, identify plant protection issues the required minimum amount of knowledge and to issue them licenses, which give the right to good and use the plant pest, disease and weed control for pesticides;
6) view and check the crops and crop products, vehicles, warehouses, manufacturing facilities, as well as the land regardless of the type of occupancy, property forms, and other circumstances of the year;
7) without paying remuneration to the holder or land user, take the plant products, crops, plant material, soil and other samples for analysis of plant quarantine in the Statute;
8) to request and receive from land users (owners) for information on the occurrence of harmful organisms, plants, and the measures taken to combat it;
9) ask the land users (owners) and plant products processors provide the plants of the harmful organism or the destruction of endangered objects, substrate and soil disinfection and disinsectisation of premises, of certain plant protection products, devices and techniques;
10) prohibit the cultivation of certain plants, plant harmful organisms the use of polluted soils, temporarily or permanently, infected seed or planting material, as well as some of the infected plant parts for propagation, the use of plants or plant products and transport, as well as unregistered, prohibited the importation of plant protection products and use;
11) establish, where necessary, quarantine in a separate holding area or parish, across the country, in coordination with the relevant local authority or Government (if the quarantine is established all over the country). Chapter III the plant protection products, and machinery 6. Use of plant protection products
(1) in the Republic of Latvia can only use plant protection products entered in the register of plant protection products. Instructions for registration of plant protection products on the agenda approved by the Minister of agriculture in coordination with the environmental protection and regional development Ministry and the national environmental health centre. This procedure does not apply to plant protection products that are intended for export or transit: 1) and is located in the free port or customs supervision as customs goods;
2) for use as cut ornamental plant growth regulators;
3) micro-factories and businesses to combat a closed premises, or for use in sanitary piping.
(2) the registered plant protection products may be imported into and used only by the national plant protection station licence and in coordination with the national environmental health center in the following situations: 1) studies, trials and degradation dynamics of pesticides;
2) If is at risk of certain harmful organisms.
(3) the second paragraph of this article referred to in paragraph 1 of the pesticides residues in the treated crop yields before the sales to consumers in control of national environmental health center.
(4) seeds and substrate, containing plant protection products or on which they caught up, may be imported and, if these funds are registered, or if the active substance or its effects one of the registered plant protection products. The name of the pesticide must be indicated on the product packaging. 7. article. Information on plant protection products (1) national plant protection station enables all stakeholders to get information about the register of plant protection products and the use of the preparation.
(2) On the marketing of plant protection products in the package must be clearly legible name of the plant protection product, the registration number, the name of the active substance and its concentration in a preparation, expiry date, instructions and guidelines for first aid provision.
(3) plant protection products may be imported, if the data are indicated on the packaging referred to in the second paragraph of this article.
(4) advertising of plant protection products in the information provided must not be in conflict with the register of plant protection products. 8. article. Control over the marketing of plant protection products and use (1) to exercise other pesticides and plant protection products may be undertakings (companies), which received the national plant protection station licence issued.
(2) use bad chemical plant protection products disposed of in accordance with the law "on hazardous waste".
(3) the marketing of plant protection products and the control of the national plant protection station. 9. article. Plant protection machines Allowed to operate a plant protection equipment, which meets the national minimum requirements for human life and health as well as environmental protection and operational rules. 10. article. The land user (owner) of the obligations in the field of plant protection the land user (owner) must be carried out conscientiously plant protection measures ensure pesticide records and on plant diseases and pests occurrence must inform the national plant protection station. 11. article. Plant quarantine measures at customs checkpoints (control stations) national plant protection station, together with the interested public authorities organise the import and export of plant products as well as the following tranzītprodukcij phytosanitary control of customs checkpoints (control stations). 12. article. Liability for violation of this law this law, non-compliance of the guilty person is called to account in accordance with the procedure laid down by law. The Parliament adopted the law on 5 October 1994. The President g. Ulmanis in Riga 1994 October 20