The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law of chapter I of the railway. General provisions article 1. The terms used in the law, the law is applied in the following terms: 1) security certificate: a document that gives the carrier the right to access to the railway infrastructure;
2) railway — an action that supports the functioning of the railways, also for the use of railway infrastructure, maintenance, development and use of the rolling stock;
3) rail infrastructure development — the package, which according to the national transport development programme distributes to significantly increase railway speed, improve safety, quality and other technical facilities of the railway;
4)-railway infrastructure capacity rail infrastructure to provide the technical possibility of a certain type, frequency, regularity and extent of the railway;
5) rail infrastructure: service by the railway infrastructure manager provides contract carrier, by granting rights to use railway infrastructure for transport;
6) rail infrastructure maintenance-package that you continually make the railway infrastructure manager, to ensure that the use of railway infrastructure in compliance with the railway technical operation rules;
7) railway — services for passenger and freight rail;
8) railway order: passenger and freight rail transport and other services related to them that are wholly or partly paid for with State or local funds;
9) rail specialist — a person whose work is directly related to rail traffic and which has a special education or who are specially trained;
10) railway technical operation rules, the Cabinet issued regulations governing the operation of railway technical requirements;
11) railway land partition bar: rail infrastructure for the deployment of land, whose task is to ensure the development of the railway infrastructure and safe operation, as well as to protect people and the environment from the adverse effects of the rail;
12) rail infrastructure manager-enterprise (company), which manages the railway infrastructure (railway infrastructure maintenance, development, plans and controls the trains and other rolling stock on the railway infrastructure (track) and its connections to the rail infrastructure; 13) — previously designated route rolling stock motion path between the two endpoints of the movement;
14) carrier: company (the company) which received the license for the railway carrier and who for this purpose used traction;
15) the right of access to the railway infrastructure, carrier use the public-use railway infrastructure after the conclusion of the contract with the railway infrastructure manager and receive a security certificate;
16) rolling stock, locomotives, carriages, motorvilcien, multiple units, manned pašgājējvagon, road repair machinery, cranes, other machines and mechanisms of their technical characteristics, the ability to move or moves on Rails;
17) traction features — multiple units and locomotives, rolling stock, similar to the first power (electrical, mechanical or fluid flow energy) is converted to mechanical energy of train movements;
18) train — and articulated wagons obtained or other rolling stock with one or more traction, which the train number and fitted with special warning devices;
19 — tariff rates) system, which determines the charges for rail or other rail services.
2. article. The task of the law this law governs the operation of the railway and road safety, as well as the railway administration order.
3. article. Rail transport is the concept of the railroad system, which as institutional technical complex includes: 1) railway infrastructure;
2) rolling stock and its functioning of necessary buildings and structures;
3) persons carrying out railway and manages the railway infrastructure and the Latvian economy and the interests of citizens guaranteed by the passenger and freight transport of the safe.
Chapter II. Article 4 of the railway infrastructure. Rail infrastructure (1) rail infrastructure (track) are complex structures, which includes: 1) railway superstructures (Rails, sleepers, turnouts are transported, ballast and other elements of the bodywork), level crossings and crossings;
2) grade with land, engineering structures (bridges, overpasses, culverts, drainage installations, communication channels, supports wall or down the URu.tml.);
3) railway land partition bar, landmarks and aizsargstādījum;
4) railway signalling, centralization and blocking the line equipment train security, switches and signal controls, traffic lights, signālrādītāj and signālzīm;
5) specialized railway telecommunications networks;
6) rail power supply and cables overhead lines, transformer and the catenary, traction substation;
7) stations and stopping points;
8) buildings and structures necessary for the railway infrastructure maintenance, repair and use.
(2) the railway infrastructure includes the air space and the Earth's land partition the rail band, in so far as this is necessary for the operation of the railway infrastructure, protection and rail traffic.
5. article. Rail infrastructure divisions depending on its use and the home (1) rail infrastructure depending on its use led to the following: 1) public use railway infrastructure. It is open for the carriage of goods and passengers, and the carriers there are equal rights;
2) private use of rail infrastructure. The track used by the owner or other persons in the order laid down in the law and in the contract concluded with the owner.
(2) the use of the railway infrastructure community or separate infrastructure objects can belong to the State, the municipality, the other legal or natural person.
6. article. The State public-use railway infrastructure (1) the State public-use railway infrastructure (State owned railway infrastructure) are created according to the needs of the economy and its development, in the interest of a stable traffic, as well as environmental protection requirements.
(2) the State public-use railway infrastructure is a public joint stock company established. With the Cabinet decision of individual national public rail infrastructure objects can put the other person in the administration.
7. article. Public-use railway infrastructure by its functional and technical ability (1) public-use railway infrastructure by its functional meaning divided as follows: 1) strategic (national) significance of the railway infrastructure (serving the main passenger and freight traffic);
2) regional significance of the railway infrastructure (it has local importance).
(2) the strategic and regional significance of the railway infrastructure in its technical capabilities may be divided into categories. Methodology by which fall into the category of railway infrastructure, develop the traffic Ministry.
(3) the importance of strategic and regional railway infrastructure shall be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers.
8. article. Registration and records (1) all railway infrastructure in Latvia are subject to state registration and accounting.
(2) the register of the railway infrastructure and records according to the breakdown of the infrastructure is provided by the cabinet order.
9. article. Rail infrastructure maintenance and development (1) public-use railway infrastructure maintenance and development is funded according to its functional role, category, and in accordance with the railway technical operation rules.
(2) On national public rail infrastructure maintenance and development is the responsibility of the State founded a limited liability company (national public-use railway infrastructure manager). Municipal, company (companies), other legal or natural person rail infrastructure funded by their owners.
(3) the State public-use railway infrastructure development under the national investment programmes ordered by the Ministry of transport of the country party.
10. article. The rail infrastructure Fund (1) the State public-use railway infrastructure maintenance and development funded from the rail infrastructure fund.
(2) the rail infrastructure fund: 1) the fee for national public rail infrastructure;
2) deductions from oil products excise tax imposed on diesel fuel used for rail transport in the relevant laws and regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers and in the specified order;
3) revenue from the State public-use railway infrastructure, land leases (article 15, paragraph 2);
5) State budget.
(3) the rail infrastructure fund are State special budget.
(4) the holder of the rail infrastructure fund is the Ministry of transport.
(5) the rail infrastructure fund governed by the Cabinet of Ministers approved the rail infrastructure fund rules.
11. article. The principles for determining the public railway infrastructure usage fee (1) fees for public rail infrastructure railway infrastructure owner or State public-use railway infrastructure manager (article 6, paragraph 2), on the basis of this law, in article 12 of the said public use railway infrastructure charging methodology.
(2) may require different fees for the use of railway infrastructure from carriers under the same conditions to provide equivalent rail transport services.
12. article. Public-use railway infrastructure charging methodology (1) public use railway infrastructure charging methodology after consultation with public-use railway infrastructure managers of the Railway Administration (article 30).
(2) in developing the public railway infrastructure usage fee calculation methodology, the following basic criteria: significant 1) market conditions, optimal use of the railway infrastructure, the promotion of competition between modes of transport;
2) service nature, time, frequency, and speed;
3) the infrastructure of technical and physical characteristics;
4) rolling stock technical indicators, speed, and total mass of load per axle;
5) traction features used form of energy;
6) rail infrastructure depreciation;
7 the amount of stations) operations;
8) rail infrastructure management services and costs;
9) incremental costs associated with the operation of the rail infrastructure and infrastructure management;
10) rail infrastructure maintenance and development costs.
(3) the fee for the public use of the railway infrastructure, railway infrastructure must be taken into account for the maintenance of the national budget.
(4) the fee for the use of railway infrastructure shall be charged of the rail infrastructure.
(5) the State public-use railway infrastructure manager received a fee for national public-use railway infrastructure shall be paid into the railway infrastructure fund.
13. article. Some sort of settlement account if the public railway infrastructure manager is also a carrier, it must provide a separate accounting records and separate checking account opening and sorting.
14. article. Suspension of train movements and track during closing (1) public-use railway infrastructure manager is entitled, when the railway technical operating rules or other technical reasons of non-compliance can be or is compromised safety, human life, health or the environment, to temporarily suspend the movement of trains on the tracks and station work or reduce the period of track capacity, to carry out civil engineering works (reconstruction and repair works) and as soon as possible to restore normal traffic. On the suspension of train movements infrastructure manager notify carriers of railway administration, the railway technical inspection (article 33), as well as the relevant local and regional authorities.
(2) if the private use of the rail infrastructure do not comply with the technical rules of railway operating, public use of the rail infrastructure, based on the order of railway technical inspection, disconnect the relevant private-use railway infrastructure directly join the track.
(3) if the State public-use railway infrastructure manager considers necessary to close uneconomical track road or track during which technical condition of insufficient financial means, it is not possible to keep current with the railway technical operation n o in which the sentence, and there is no way to guarantee traffic safety, it shall submit to the railway administration and the district authorities a reasoned proposal for the track phase closure by adding the railway technical inspection.
(4) where it is proposed to close the public track, railway administration and the district authorities within two months, giving the opinion of the Cabinet. Decision on the conclusion of the track adopts the Cabinet.
15. article. Public-use railway infrastructure (1) land national public rail infrastructure land partition zone is in the public domain. State land transfers possession of State public railway infrastructure manager traffic Minister.
(2) the State public-use railway infrastructure managers in the State-owned land can be rented or saddled it with easements on buildings and premises, surface and subsurface communications for construction or other economic activity. These transactions of the rail infrastructure Act on behalf of the State.
(3) Public-use railway infrastructure manager shall have the right to servitude to other legal and natural persons owned the land on which the railway infrastructure. If the servitude is not agreed with the landowner, on the establishment of an easement on a case-by-case basis by the Cabinet of Ministers. Land user its owner pays compensation for servitudes, in accordance with the agreement, but no more than five percent a year from land cadastral values.
(4) Public-use railway infrastructure manager, subject to the decisions taken in matters of land laws and other legislation, have the right to cross land partition zone hinterlands never owned land, to gain access to the infrastructure.
16. article. Railway land partition (1) rail land border teritoriālplānojumo bar bin determines appropriate et seq.
(2) the railway land partition zone operating rules in drafting the traffic Ministry.
(3) in cases where the railway land partition zone overlaps with other forms of land partition zone or the protection zone, the effect is more stringent requirements and the highest minimum width. All types of activities at these sites match the interested institutions.
Article 17. Limitation of the railway land partition bar (1) railroad land partition bar other legal and natural persons of any activity must be carried out only with the permission of the rail infrastructure and its control.
(2) If, due to legal and natural persons authorised works, reconstruction works and repairs or other activities you need to perform the conversion of the railway infrastructure, it is carried out and funded by interested parties.
(3) any Communications deployment, relocation and reconstruction of the railway land partition bar must not impair the operation of the railway infrastructure quality and traffic safety.
(4) the railway land partition bar communications maintained their owner.
18. article. Rail lines (1) to protect the railways from unwanted external effects, protect people and the environment from the harmful effects of railway, as well as ensuring efficient and safe railway operations and development opportunities, in accordance with the Established law of railway protection zone is created.
(2) the railway lines maintained the railway infrastructure managers concerned at their own expense, but if the right to use the land is transferred to another person, the land user.
(3) the maintenance of the railway infrastructure, as well as the land owner of the cordon operation must not impair the hydrological regime of the railway protection zone, interfere with the protection zone and adjacent or melioratīv crossing the border system and structure.
(4) the railway lines land owner or user may not refuse the railway infrastructure manager use the roads or access to the railway infrastructure maintenance specialist vehicle access to railway infrastructure maintenance and control it. Using the right to access to the railway infrastructure, railway infrastructure manager shall be required to do so as gently, without damaging the volume and cutting down trees.
(5) any damage caused by the railway infrastructure manager through their actions have caused the land owner to pay the rail infrastructure managers concerned.
19. article. Station (1) station is railway infrastructure which takes a specific part of the railway land partition zones and ensure railway operations.
(2) station opened, switch and assigns them names a Cabinet.
20. article. Level crossings and transition
(1) Crossing is with the necessary devices and automotive trains traffic safety equipped to track and road junction in one level.
(2) depending on its level crossings of roads crossing the home divided as follows: 1) public crossing (the track crosses the national road, county roads or city streets);
2) individual user level crossings (the track crosses the business or home, and this crossing is used in accordance with the agreement concluded with the rail infrastructure managers).
(3) transition is specially built and equipped a place where the track crosses the pedestrians or pets.
(4) the transitional divided as follows: 1) the transition to public (installed in public needs, through the track crosses the pedestrians or pets);
2) individual user transitions (installed at the request of individuals for private use and is used in accordance with the agreement concluded with the rail infrastructure managers).
(5) new single user installation of crossing and the transition and fitting is made for the parties concerned.
(6) a public crossing and the installation of the transition and maintenance of railway infrastructure shall be financed from the resources of the Fund and the State Highway Fund.
(7) installation of crossing and transition, outfitting, maintenance and closure procedures shall be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers.
21. article. The obligation of the track alignment of different levels of engineering structures and utilities across the construction matched the Cabinet issued a būvnoteikumo in the railway.
22. article. Construction of rail infrastructure railway infrastructure agenda items under construction law is a specialized shipbuilding. Rail infrastructure design and construction order is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers issued railway ….
Chapter III. Carrier article 23. Carrier's operating principles (1) the carrier shall operate in accordance with this law, the law "On business" and other laws and regulations.
(2) carrier in its activities is administratively and economically independent, also establishing your own piedāvājamo of rail transport services and transport charges (rail tariffs).
24. article. State or municipal railway order contracts (1) a State or municipal railway order contracts concluded pursuant to this law, the law "on State and municipal order" and other laws and regulations.
(2) State and local government (hereinafter referred to as the Subscriber) is entitled to be in the public interest to require that the carrier using the railway order, provides: 1) railway service in compliance with the criteria set by the client with respect to speed, regularity, frequency, volume and other indicators;
2) reduced fare (rail tariffs) and special conditions for certain categories of passengers or on certain rail routes in the region;
3 adaptation of the service) by the real market demand and other factors.
(3) a railway carrier enforcement orders on a contractual basis.
(4) the railway, on behalf of the Subscriber may be interested, on behalf of the Ministry of local government, where several municipality or municipalities.
(5) the railway project contract drawn up in coordination with the principal carrier, the interested ministries and institutions or the appropriate authorities.
(6) the railway project contract must be submitted to the coordination of railway administration.
(7) the rail transport contracts concluded on behalf of the Cabinet of Ministers in the order, but on behalf of local authorities (municipalities) authorised institution.
(8) the carrier is not entitled to withdraw from the railway order contract, if the customer shall compensate for the difference between the carrier's actual railway delivery expenses and revenue for carriage.
(9) the railway order the conclusion of the contract in case the carrier opens a separate checking account payments for a railway order.
(10) closed a railway contract shall be recorded and executed control of railway administration.
25. article. The railway contract of content (1) railway contract shall specify: 1) types of services and their technical specifications;
2 services) order;
3) carrier for payment for services rendered or compensation for losses incurred in connection with the provision of the services;
4) or compensation arrangements;
5) responsibility for the implementation of the contract;
6) the principal charge of transport (railway tariff), those discounts.
(2) railway contract may include provisions on national or local investment or credit guarantees to the carrier, the carrier's obligation as a result of lower investment cost of the services provided, improve service quality, to restore the rolling stock, as well as other rights and obligations of the parties.
Chapter IV. Allocation of railway infrastructure capacity of article 26. Rolling stock movement coordination of public railway infrastructure manager coordinates the trains and other rolling stock on your public tracks, also joins with the private use of the railway infrastructure tracks.
27. article. The railway infrastructure capacity allocation principles (1) Public-use railway infrastructure manager is responsible for the allocation of railway infrastructure capacity between carriers.
(2) the railway infrastructure capacity to be allocated in respect of the principle of equality is respected, and ensure optimal use of the railway infrastructure.
(3) the Transport Ministers of State public-use railway infrastructure capacity allocation is entitled to grant them the priority in rail transport services, which are provided to the railway order agreement and to the services, in whole or in part are produced using special purpose (high-speed, freight and similar services) or built for the national public rail infrastructure.
28. article. The application of the procedure for viewing (1) the railway infrastructure capacity is allocated on the basis of the public-use railway infrastructure manager applications for services using the public-use railway infrastructure.
(2) applications are considered, taking into account available and already distributed rail infrastructure capacity and priorities.
Chapter v. Government rail transport article 29. The competence of the Ministry of transport railway transport sector public policy rail transport distributes traffic Ministry in accordance with its Statute and the relevant national transport development program.
30. article. The Railway Administration (1) the Government rail transport sector implements the railway administration.
(2) the railway administration is the national regulatory authority, which oversees the traffic Ministry. The railway administration is financed from the rail infrastructure fund.
(3) the railway administration is a legal entity, and its Charter, approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
(4) the railway administration is headed by a Director at the proposal of the Minister of transport appointed and released from Office by the Cabinet of Ministers.
31. article. The railway administration functions (1) the railway administration shall perform the following functions: 1) defines the public railway infrastructure usage fee calculation methodology (article 12, paragraph 1);
2) the railway contract of projects;
3) railway order contracts are recorded and monitored the performance of the contract;
4) issued by the carrier licences (article 34);
5) provides traffic Minister it requested information on the activities of the Administration and the decision taken;
6) contributes effectively to the carrier and rational activity;
7) defends the interests of consumers;
8) review the public use of the rail infrastructure and carrier dispute on charging for the use of infrastructure, infrastructure capacity, on the prohibition of the use of private rail infrastructure access to public-use railway infrastructure or access restrictions and adopt both sides binding decisions;
9) promotes competition in rail transport;
10) develop railway environmental protection policy and action programme, maintaining the environmental self-control system;
11) assess the risk posed by rail infrastructure pose to human health and the environment and shall take the necessary measures to reduce this risk.
(2) the performance of the railway administration, with this law and other laws in certain functions, the national policy in the rail transport sector and the national transport development program.
(3) the railway administration decisions may be appealed to the Court of law and in other laws.
32. article. The railway administration rights and obligations of railway administration: 1) is entitled to request from the public railway infrastructure managers and operators to carry out their functions, the necessary information;
2) after checking with authorities and the protection of the environment and regional development Ministry gives its opinion on the use of certain public road or rail track closure (article 14, third and fourth).
33. article. Railway technical operation control and management authority (1) the railway technical operation control and supervision in Latvia carried out the railway technical inspection.
(2) the railway technical inspection is monitoring by the Ministry of transport in the public administration, which operates in accordance with this Act and the by-laws approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
(3) the technical inspection of the railway's main functions are: 1) control the railway operation and its safety and other laws adopted the statutory requirements have been met;
2) control the railway system of civil protection, emergency (emergency) situation of prevention and disaster relief system readiness and performance;
3) investigate train and shunting work accidents and irregularities and participate on the accident investigation;
4) to control the rolling stock of the consequences of the accident, labor organization and execution;
5) to control new or reconstructed railway infrastructure commissioning and to check compliance with the operating rules of the railway technical and labour protection regulations.
(4) the railway technical inspection within their competence, are entitled to: 1) check the railway technical operation rules, regardless of who owns the object;
2) temporarily suspend the train traffic, reduce speed and prohibit technical means of operation, if there is a risk to human life or health, safety or the environment;
3) and the complete failures to prohibit the use of rolling stock and track, where their use could threaten or endanger human life or health, safety or the environment; 4) to give binding instructions regarding the operation of railway technical compliance with the provisions of all legal and natural persons operating the railway system;
5) verify certain categories of railway professional compliance with qualification requirements.
(5) the technical inspection of the Rail shall be financed from the rail infrastructure fund.
Chapter VI. Carrier licence and safety certificate article 34. Carrier licence (1) special permit railway (hereinafter the carrier license) eligible companies (companies) who can ensure the railway to carry the necessary framework conditions, as well as the participation of experts of the railway.
(2) Carrier licence certifies the right of a carrier to engage in the type of business specified therein. The carrier's license, issued to a railway, does not give the right of access to the railway infrastructure.
(3) a carrier licence, a non-discriminatory manner and respecting the principle of equality, to be granted to the company (the company), which submitted the application to the carrier licence (hereinafter applicant) and has an impeccable reputation and a solid financial position, checking it for this purpose: 1) the adequacy of financial resources;
2 operation and management plans);
3) previous activity, compliance and professional experience.
(4) the applicant must provide evidence of their professional match, pointing to the fact that: 1) employees have the necessary knowledge and experience to ensure the carrier's licence transactions safe management;
2) is adequately equipped and qualified rail professionals that services can be guaranteed safety and quality at a high level;
3) used rolling stock, traction means in particular, is safe.
(5) the applicant satisfies the good repute of reputation if: 1) the applicant, having been convicted by a final judgement has not been declared bankrupt;
2) host top officials-criminal convictions;
3) host leading officials are not penalized in administrative irregularities in business;
4) applicant is not violated labor laws and tax laws.
(6) the order in which to be released and the carrier cancelled license, determined by the Cabinet of Ministers. The Cabinet of Ministers may impose additional conditions for the granting of the licence to the carrier.
(7) a licence shall be issued to the carrier by rail the Administration after it has paid the State fee, the amount of which is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers. For carrier licence fees received are credited to the State budget.
(8) a licence shall be issued to the carrier for a period of five years. If the licensee shall comply with the obligations provided for in this Act and in accordance with the conditions specified in the licence, the licence after its expiry, extended it to re-register.
(9) where there is doubt concerning compliance with this law, the carrier and the carrier issued a license, the railway administration is entitled at any time to check this compliance.
35. article. (1) a security certificate for access to railway infrastructure, before the commencement of the carriage the carrier must receive a security certificate that is based on the opinion of the technical inspection, issue of the rail infrastructure.
(2) the security certificate to be issued to carriers that meet those requirements in the area of security related to the carrier's personnel, rolling stock and the internal organisation of the company.
(3) the order in which the issue, suspend or revoke the certificate of security, as well as the relevant criteria are established by the Cabinet of Ministers.
Chapter VII. Road safety article 36. Railway technical operating rules binding force companies (companies), as well as other railway operations involved in the legal and natural persons must provide railway technical operation rules and safety must be guaranteed.
37. article. Rail specialist (1) in order to guarantee the safe operation of the railway and road safety, all involved in the operation of railways rail specialists needed broad and deep knowledge of the work to be carried out according to the work of the Organization and operation of railway technical regulations.
(2) the professional qualifications of rail sliding requirements, qualifications and procedure for issue of the licence of rail specialist, extension and cancellation procedures, requirements for the person who makes the preparation of specialists, as well as training programs and technical features list determines the Transport Ministers.
(3) the Cabinet of Ministers shall lay down the list of the medical pretindikācij that prevents getting a rail specialist qualification and to discharge these functions.
(4) rail specialist shall be liable to disciplinary action in the law and other regulations.
38. article. Heightened danger zone (1) of the territory in which the train connections are carried out manoeuvres, loading and unloading works, have increased the hazard zone.
(2) increased the hazard zone, except in specific places (transition, level crossings, platforms for URu.tml.), may be the only rail staff who carry out their duties.
39. article. The railway Guard (1) the object of the legal or natural person or property owned by the rail guard of objects, also during the operation, organised by their owner.
(2) cargo railway objects and other values, the railway company's (the company), constructions, buildings, facilities, rolling stock and equipment.
(3) the State public-use railway infrastructure guard is compulsory.
(4) persons who guarded the railway objects are uniforms, distinguishing marks and certificates.
(5) persons, which guarded the railway objects, have the right to: 1) require that the person stop the violations of and follow the procedures laid down in the guarded object;
2) detain and police immediately to the offender or the person who illegally entered the guarded object;
3) check passes, or other identity documents required in accordance with the instructions of the guard, which is controlled by the respect of the person that the guard rail;
4) to check the object guarded passes points and cargo transport.
(6) if the offence is committed, associated with the guarded object or other property risks, order or security violations, thus creating a real threat to human life or health, the guarded object or person who guarded the railway objects, railway experts have the right to require the party to stop violations of the law and comply with the procedures laid down in the guarded object, but in the event of non-compliance shall immediately deliver the offending police premises in order to ascertain his person and draw up a protocol.
40. article. The rail accident investigation
(1) the railway accident is a rail transport accident occurred involving at least one rail vehicles and which died a man or he suffered personal injury, or loss suffered by the legal or natural person or the environment.
(2) the territory of Latvia took place in a railway accident investigation procedure shall be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers.
Article 41. Action in the event of an emergency on the rail (1) legal and physical entities that are associated with the railway operation in emergencies, act according to the law "on civil protection", other laws and traffic arrangements for the Minister.
(2) the rail carrier and the infrastructure manager must immediately eliminate the consequences when the crash occurred during railway operation.
Article 42. International treaties carriers and rail infrastructure managers have the right to represent themselves and to enter into contracts with international railway organizations, foreign companies (companies) and their associations.
1. Transitional provisions this law 10, 30, 31, 32, 33 and 34 article applicable to January 1, 1999.
2. The requirement for a carrier licence (article 34) until March 1, 1999 would not apply to undertakings (companies), in accordance with the Statute, the date of adoption of this law actually started to rail transport.
3. the Cabinet of Ministers regulations for issuing the law applicable to the execution of the laws in force, in so far as they do not conflict with this Act.
4. Until 1 July 1999, the Cabinet of Ministers to create a railway technical inspection.
The law shall enter into force on 1 November 1998.
The law adopted in 1998 the Saeima on 1 April.
The President g. Ulmanis in Riga 1998 April 17.