The Saeima has adopted and promulgated by the President of such a law: the Education Act Chapter I General provisions article 1. The terms used in the law, the law is applied in the following terms: 1) academic education: theoretical foundations of science studies and their results; 2) higher education: degree to which the General secondary education takes place in science or the arts, or science and art rooted in the personal development of the successful academic or professional, or academic and professional field of study, preparation scientific or professional activities; 3) interest education — a person's individual educational needs and desires the implementation regardless of age and educational; 4) education — in particular, the acquisition of skills and knowledge and attitudes of a process and its result. The educational process includes training and education activities. Education is the result of knowledge, skills and attitudes; 5) educational support institution: State, local and other legal or natural person established a body that provides guidance, psychological, scientific, informational and other intellectual support to educators, learners, parents, learners and educational institutions; 6) educational document: a document certifying person for education to suit a certain degree of education, and the educational program or partial; 7) educational institution, State, local government or other legal or natural person established authority, which is responsible for the implementation of the programme of education, or an undertaking (company) that education programmes is one of occupation; 8) degree, education terminated phase, which includes organized and sequential implementation of education; 9) education authority — the State or local government authority, which shall perform the functions of education administration; 10) education programs accreditation — acquisition of educational institution issue a nationally recognized educational document for specific educational programs appropriate for education. In the course of the accreditation assesses the education quality of the implementation of the programme; 11) education programs licensing, granting educational institution to implement specific education programmes; 12) learner — student, pupil, student or listener, undergoing training program educational establishment or at private teacher working in (a); 13) subjects or course program — education programs component which includes a subject or course goals and objectives, content, content learning programming, educational evaluation criteria and procedures, as well as for the implementation of the programme the necessary methods and the list of features; 14) subjects or course standard — national education standards, which define the subject or course objectives and main tasks, subjects or course content, compulsory education achievements evaluation forms and procedures; 15) primary education: degree in which the preparatory education mean grade or vocational activity, and human society in the individual life, the necessary basic knowledge and basic skills learning, the vērtīborientācij formation and participation in public life; 16) — outside the self-education educational institutions for education; 17) adult education — diverse education of persons in the process that a human life provides personal development and competitiveness in the labour market; 18) preschool education: degree in which the child's personality, health comprehensive building, preparation of primary production; 19) private educational institution — legal or natural persons founded an educational institution, other than a State or municipal educational institution, as well as company (the company) with a State or local Government of the capital, where one of the occupation is the implementation of educational programmes; 20) vocational training: practical and theoretical preparation for a particular profession, the acquisition of professional qualifications and advancement; 21) professional qualifications, a certain profession appropriate educational and professional mastery of documented evaluation; 22) professional orientation: information about vocational training and higher education options according to student interest and abilities; 23) professional qualification document, the document that certifies the person's professional qualifications and are eligible for a specific profession and qualification degree position or the certificate to work in private practice; 24) — special education for persons with special needs and disabilities or special needs or disabilities adapted General and professional education; 25) continuing education — educational advance and continuing professional development of mastery of specific professions; 26) distance learning — distance educational variant form, which describes the particular training materials, structured individual learning pace, particularly organized educational achievement assessment, as well as various technical and electronic means; 27) national education standard: a document which, according to the degree and type of education determines curriculum objectives and main tasks of compulsory education pamatsatur, educational evaluation criteria and general policy; 28) secondary education: degree in which the versatile personality development, targeted and in-depth growth consciously selected General or professional education or General and vocational education, preparatory studies in higher education degree or vocational activities, involvement in public life; 29) general education — human, nature and the diversity and unity of society, humane, free and responsible personality formation process and its result.
2. article. The purpose of the law this law aims to ensure every resident of Latvia the opportunity to develop their mental and physical potential, for the formation of autonomous and develop the personality of the Latvian State and democratic society member. According to the age and needs of the learner allows: 1) acquire knowledge and skills the humanitarian, social, natural and technical sciences; 2) gain knowledge, skills and attitudes to participate in the experience society and public life; 3) aesthetic, intellectual, moral and physical development, facilitating efficient and competent and accomplished personalities.
3. article. The right to education for every citizen of the Republic of Latvia and the person who is entitled to a Latvian citizen's passport not issued, the person has been issued a permanent residence permit, as well as citizens of European Union countries, which issued termiņuzturēšan permits, and their children have equal rights to education irrespective of economic and social status, race, ethnicity, gender, religious and political beliefs, health condition, occupation and place of residence.
4. article. Educational 53 minimum is five-year-old and the preparation of the basic education of children sešgadīg learning and the acquisition of basic education or the acquisition of basic education up to 18 years of age to continue.
5. article. Educational level (1) the following educational degrees: 1) pre-school education; 2) basic education; 3) secondary education; 4) higher education. (2) the learner has the right to education in the next grade each successive transition from one educational level to another.
6. article. Types of Education Education are: 1) general education; 2) professional education; 3) academic education.
7. article. Target group the target group of education education is a set of individuals with similar needs, particular interests and abilities, the education or the acquisition of certain compulsory education by law. The main educational focus groups consist of: 1) pre-school children; 2) compulsory schooling age children and young people; 3) young people; 4) persons with special needs; 5) adults.
8. article. Educational form (1) has the following educational forms: 1) presence; 2) distance; distance variation form — distance learning; 3) self-education; 4) education in the family. (2) the educational institution shall be entitled to implement the education program by distance learning, as well as by distance form. (3) educational content learner can learn form of self-education. Assessment of the following learning education program can be obtained by passing exams education authority which implemented the program.
9. article. Educational (1) State and local educational institutions, education in the national language. (2) other language education can be obtained at: 1) private educational institutions; 2) State and local education institutions to implement minority education programmes. The Ministry of education and Science determines these educational programs in subjects that are taught in the national language; 3) other statutory education institutions. (3) any learner, for elementary or secondary education, learn the language and the country round the State language proficiency exams, Ministry of education and science within the scope and in order. (4) professional qualification exams are arranged on the language of the country. (5) academic (Bachelor, master) and Science (PhD) degrees required for the job to develop and defended their national language, except in the cases provided for in other laws. (6) the qualifications and retraining, which are financed from the State budget and local budgets takes place in the language of the country.
10. article. Education and religion (1) education system provides the freedom of consciousness. Trainees learn the optional teaching of the Christian faith or ethics or the Christian faith and ethics training at the same time. (2) educational institutions and religious organizations for religious organizations are regulated by law.
11. article. Educational documents (1) the specific levels of learners (excluding pre-school education degree) and type of education to issue the appropriate certificate of qualification: diploma or diploma,. (2) the State recognized educational document is issued learner who has obtained an accredited educational program for the education. (3) an educational institution may issue a document about the education part of the program.
12. article. The fee for education (1) fees for pre-school education, primary and secondary education in State or local government educational institution founded to be covered from the State budget or local budgets for the Cabinet. Private educational institution may set fees for education. (2) the higher education programs, the State bears the cost of education for a certain number of study according to the year in public order. the other study places each higher education institution may determine the fees for education. (3) studying in higher education programs, the student may receive State credit. The credit refundable or erasable Cabinet. (4) a foreign national or stateless person pays for education, in accordance with the signed agreement with the educational institution. (5) the European Union's citizens and their children, to education in Latvia, the education is determined and settled in the same order as the Latvian citizens and permanent residents.
13. article. International cooperation in education (1) the Republic of Latvia in cooperation with other countries and international organisations in the field of education by international treaties. (2) the educational institution shall be entitled to cooperate with foreign educational institutions and international organizations.
Chapter II organisation of education article 14. Cabinet's competence in education cabinet: 1) defines the State recognized educational form, education of service criteria and procedures; 2) determines the order in which the foreign educational documents issued in the Republic of Latvia shall be assimilated to education issued documents; 3) determines the order in which State and local governments can finance a private pre-school education, primary education, secondary and higher education establishments; 4) determines the credit receipt, refund, and delete procedures for studying higher education programs; 5) defines the age of compulsory education of the children of the accounting procedures; 6) approved by the University (excluding universities) constitutional; 7) setting up, reorganize and eliminate public education institutions after the Minister of education and science, or other Ministers of the proposal; 8) requires educational institutions and accreditation procedures of registration; 9) defines the State or local government or the established primary education secondary education of Heads of the attestation procedure; 10 University accreditation) is governed by rules and procedures; 11) determines the educational curriculum to be implemented licensing and accreditation procedures; 12) approves the position of the teaching profession and list; 13) according to the teachers ' profession, the teaching staff requirements approved the necessary education and professional skills; 14) defines the procedure for the certification of teachers; 15) determines the order in which the State finances the development of training tools, approval and acquisition; 16) determines the pay of teachers and pay; 17) determines the funding arrangements for special education institutions and general education institutions for special education classes; 18) every four years to develop and submit for approval by the Saeima the education development programme for the next four years; 19) sets the national standards in education; 20) determines the education funding and material support minimum; 21) determines the order in which learners are provided preventive health care and emergency medical assistance institutions; 22) determines the workload of teachers.
15. article. The Ministry of education and science competence in education (1) the Ministry of education and Science: 1) implemented a uniform national policies and development strategies in education; 2) develop normative acts projects in education; 3) creates and updates educational institutions, educational programmes and teaching records; 4) licensing of educational programmes; 5) educational programmes and accreditation of universities in the Cabinet in the order; 6) organizes teacher training and professional development of mastery of work, coordinate research methodological work; 7) develop national educational standards; 8) develop proposals and submit a request in the manner laid down in the national budgetary allocation for education, science, sport and Youth Affairs; 9) controls the national education budget for legal use of the existing educational institutions; 10) coordinate public education institutional cooperation in education with foreign countries and international organisations; 11 national education) develop standards appropriate subject or course in the samples; 12) developing educational institutions and educational institutions approves the aid; 13) organise public education framework programmes appropriate textbooks and teaching resources development and issue; 14) determines and coordinates the educational and teacher professional development; 15) organised by teachers and education managers assessment of professional qualifications; 16) determines the order of the quest accredited educational programs; 17) organizes the educational standard of textbook content development; 18) controlled by the Government-funded educational institutions the results of the learning process, draw up and implement measures for improving the quality of the learning process; 19) establish, maintain and monitor the educational support public authorities; 20) implemented a national policy in education; 21) approved national standards of education appropriate education program models; 22) approved educational institutions, educational programmes and educators register rankings; 23) submitted proposals to the Cabinet of Ministers on State educational institutions and educational institutions support the creation, reorganization or liquidation, in coordination with the relevant authorities; 24) approved the national education authorities and education institutions in support of regulations; 25) recruiting and released from the Labour Ministry of education and science in educational institutions (excluding University); 26) propose to the municipal education authorities the driver release from work. Coordinate local educational administrations Manager recruitment and dismissal from work.
16. article. Other sectors of competence in education ministries other ministries: 1) in coordination with the Ministry of education and science, submitted proposals to the Cabinet on the National Education Foundation, reorganisation or liquidation; 2) defines the content of the training in special subjects, develop a special subject or course programs and standards; 3) develop and approve programs of vocational training standards and the supervision of compliance with them in their hands to the existing educational institutions; 4) provides in its educational institutions held activities; 5) controls in its educational institutions under the financial and economic activity; 6) in coordination with the Ministry of education and science, national test procedures accredited educational programs.
Article 17. Local competence in education (1) each municipality is obliged in its administrative territory the children living in ensuring access to preschool education and primary place of residence of the child near a training institution, providing young people the opportunity to get a secondary education, as well as provide the opportunity to implement the interest education and support extra-curricular activities, including camps for children. (2) in order to ensure in its administrative territory the possibility of living children to attend the educational institution by the free choice of the municipality under the Cabinet of Ministers of the procedures laid down in the contracts and participate in their local government educational institutions in the financing of maintenance expenditure, which manages the existing educational institutions enrolling its administrative territory of living children. (3) district municipality: 1) in coordination with the Ministry of education and science, reorganize and eliminate, boarding schools, special schools and classes for children with special needs, vocational training institutions and interests of educational institutions, except for public and private education institutions. District municipal education authorities established in its custody; 2) recruiting and released from work the managers of educational institutions, in coordination with the Ministry of education and science; 3) keeps the education institutions not less than the amount set by the Cabinet and controls the use of the financial resources; 4) supports the education authorities and education institutions to support the salaries of teachers assigned to the national budget of educational institutions transfer accounts; 5) provides the catering for special educational institutions and boarding school in the Cabinet and in the order; 6) provides the learners preventive health care and emergency medical assistance in the educational institutions in the Cabinet and in the order; 7) provides children and young people in vocational guidance; 8) organised adult education; 9) organizational help in its administrative territory of existing educational institutions providing them with teaching and methodical literature, other learning resources; 10) organised by teachers ' mastery of developing, coordinating and providing methodological work; 11) coordinated by the age of compulsory education to the child records in the order of the Cabinet of Ministers; 12) create and maintain a knowledge base of education; 13) down from local government funds paid to the number of places in higher education institutions. (4) local government: 1) in coordination with the Ministry of education and science, established, and reorganize the eliminates the preschool educational institutions, primary schools, primary and secondary schools; 2) provides in its administrative territory of encouraging education in the age of sasniegušo children with places education in preschool education, universal primary and secondary education; 3) recruiting and released from work the managers of educational institutions, in coordination with the Ministry of education and science; 4) determines the order in which the educational institutions financed from the municipal budget; on the basis of the contract between the participating national, other municipal and private educational institutions in financing; distribution and municipal budget funds allocated to educational institutions and control their rational use; 5) maintains the existing pre-school, primary, elementary, high school and other educational institutions, noting that the financial security shall not be less than the Cabinet's financial security; 6) provides the education authorities, teachers ' salaries allocated in the national budget and the national budgets and subsidies mērķdotācij transfer education accounts; 7) provides the education authorities of (technical) staff payment financing; 8) provide learners preventive health care and emergency medical assistance in the order of the Cabinet and set them to trainees during that feeding costs shall be borne by the municipality; 9) provides transport student getting to school and back home, if it is not possible to use public transport; 10) provides the protection of the rights of the child in the field of education; 11) provides consultative assistance to families raising children; 12) promotes the interests of young people in education and vocational guidance, issued a license interest education programmes; 13) during compulsory schooling age children tracking Cabinet. (5) of the City Government of this article, the third and fourth part particular functions to local authorities.
18. article. The municipal educational administration (1) municipal education administration creates a district or municipality of the Republic to exercise his jurisdiction in education. (2) municipal education heads of Government, in coordination with the Ministry of education and science, the appointing authorities. The head of the administration of education requires education or education management work of the accumulated experience. (3) municipal education administration funded from the municipal budget. (4) the local education Administration Act in accordance with the regulations, which are approved by the municipality.
19. article. Educational assistance authority (1) the educational assistance authority is the State, local governments, as well as other legal and natural persons founded institution, the purpose of which is to provide methodological, scientific, informational and other forms of intellectual support for learners, educators, parents, learners and educational institutions. (2) educational support can also be provided such legal entities whose Charter (Charter) for support of education as one of the activities.
20. article. Education State Inspectorate (1) of this Act, the General Education Act, vocational education law, University of law, and other education-related regulatory compliance educational institutions controlled by the State Inspectorate of education. (2) the State Inspectorate of education is the education and Science Ministry in monitoring the existing authority. Its action is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers approved regulations. (3) the State Education inspection: 1) control the educational process the compliance with this law, other laws and regulatory education laws and regulations in every educational institution regardless of its founder; 2) analyzes the activities of educational institutions, develop proposals for the amendment of laws and educational institutions work better; 3) proposes an employer disciplinary punishment or educational institution or teachers to break with their employment contracts concluded where found law or violation of law; 4) in accordance with the procedure prescribed by law and administrative punishment; 5) while education authorities have not considered the founder of the matter concerned and has made the decision to suspend the officers ' orders and suspended from their duties by officials to be at risk to the health or life of the learners, as well as in other cases of infringement of the law.
21. article. Public participation in education (1) the company participates in the organisation and development of education, promoting all forms of education, making education and enhancing the quality of education by creating educational programs, learners and educators in protecting the rights and interests of education and work in creating educational and training institutions and the support of public bodies. (2) State and local education authorities provide the first part of that task, the necessary information, advice and guidance. (3) State and municipal separate them down the education administration and educational support functions in the procedure prescribed by law may be delegated to public organizations, by providing appropriate funding.
Chapter III, article 22 education authorities. Educational institutions the legal basis (1) State, municipal and private educational institutions, except for the undertakings (companies) and universities, working on the basis of this law, other laws and regulations, as well as the regulations of the authorities concerned, the Authority's founder. (2) the State, municipal and private undertakings (companies), with the exception of the school, an educational activity is carried out on the basis of this law, other laws and regulations, as well as their founding Charter, approved on an educational activity. (3) the University operates on the basis of this law, University of law, other laws and regulations, as well as on the school Constitution. The University approved the constitutional Parliament. The rest of the University approved by the Constitution, the Cabinet of Ministers.
23. article. Educational Foundation, reorganisation and liquidation procedures (1) the national education authorities establish, reorganise and eliminates the Cabinet by the Minister of education and science or another industry Minister's proposal. (2) the municipal education authorities establish, reorganise and eliminates the authorities, in coordination with the Ministry of education and science, or other sectors of the Department. (3) Private education institutions establish, reorganize and eliminate the legal and natural persons. National and local authorities can participate in private enterprises (companies). (4) the foreign legal person may establish, reorganize and liquidate education in accordance with this law and other laws, as well as international agreements.
24. article. Education register and the documents required for registration (1) any educational institution is to be registered in the register of educational institutions a month from its founding days. Educational institutions registered in the Ministry of education and science. (2) the educational institution provides the registration of institutions founder. The application for registration shall be submitted to the educational institution, founder of an authorised person and shall include the following information: 1 name of the educational institution), its registered office; 2) educational institution founder, legal status; 3) decision on the establishment of an educational institution; 4) educational space area, technical equipment; 5) funding sources and arrangements. (3) the application for registration of an educational institution attached to the education authorities, founder of approved educational activity Charter (Constitution). (4) a month from the second and third subparagraphs of the document referred to in the submission of the educational institution are included in the register and issue a certificate of registration. (5) a decision on the reorganization of the educational institution or the winding up 10 days of education authorities to be notified to the registry. (5) everyone is available to educational institutions included in the register.
25. article. Educational activities (1) the educational institution started its activities with its registration day. (2) an educational institution has the right to pick up only after receiving trainees during training for the implementation of the programme.
26. article. The name of the educational institution (1) the name of the educational institution and educational departments for the title with this statutory educational degrees and types of names. (2) an educational institution in accordance with its historical traditions may be used by the Minister of education and science permit another name that is not in contradiction with this law, other laws and regulations.
27. article. Accreditation of education institutions educational institutions, except those that implement only the interest and adult education programs are accredited by the Cabinet of Ministers. Accreditation is to be carried out within five years of the educational activities.
28. article. Educational institutions autonomy educational institution is an independent education programme development and implementation, staff selection, financial, economic and other activity in accordance with this law, other laws and regulations and educational institutions rules or the Constitution.
29. article. Educational institutions founder competence educational institutions founder provides educational institutions for continuous operation the necessary financial and material resources, subject to the provisions of the Cabinet of Ministers on education financial and material support.
30. article. Educational institutions (1) the educational Manager is responsible for educational activities and its results, for this law, and other educational institutions the governing legislation, as well as on intellectual, financial, and material resources rational use. (2) the head of an educational institution within the mandate to independently decide on educational, intellectual, financial, and material resources, and establish educational institutions employees pay, which is less than the Cabinet down the pay. (3) educational institutions are obligated to provide driver education authorities, when self-government suggests trainees, educators or student parents. (4) The head of an educational institution is eligible to work for the person who has the education and the necessary professional qualifications. State or municipal elementary or secondary educational institution Manager sorts the attestation of the Cabinet of Ministers.
31. article. Educational authority (1) the educational authority is established as a collegiate body which operates under the authority of the Statute. (2) the primary and secondary educational institutions self-government works agencies, founder, learners, their parents and authorities delegated representatives of employees. (3) the primary and secondary educational institutions authority: 1) proposes the development of an educational institution; 2) provides the educational cooperation with student parents; 3) submit proposals to the educational managers for body of work organization, budget allocation and implementation of education programmes. (4) higher education institutions in the correspondence action is determined by the University law and other laws.
Chapter IV education standards and educational programs, article 32. State education standards (1) the national education standard is a document, which, according to the degree of education, training and target group determines: 1) education program strategic objectives and main tasks; 2) minimum education content; 3) learner educational evaluation principles and procedures. (2) compliance with national education standards is mandatory for each legal and natural person who develop and implement the training program.
33. article. Education programs (1) the educational program is an educational institution of the governing document which, according to the degree of education, education, population, national educational standard and the Cabinet of Ministers regulations are established: 1) education program goals, objectives and planned results; 2) the requirements for education of trainees in advance; 3) educational content as a single subject or course content; 4) education program implementation plan; 5) education programs needed to implement the personnel, financial and material resources, assessment and justification under the Cabinet of Ministers regulations. (2) educational programs with national education standards and regulations drawn up educational authority, in coordination with its founder. (3) any educational program to be accredited by the cabinet order within two years from the date of commencement of its implementation and not less frequently than every six years.
34. article. Subject or course programs (1) the subject or course programs have the right to develop or to designate these programs by teachers under the education programme. (2) the subjects or courses approved by the education authorities.
35. article. Educational evaluation (1) educational evaluation criteria and procedures set out in the national education standards. (2) the accredited educational programs appropriate education institution closes with country. (3) the procedure for the award of professional qualifications is determined by the vocational education Act. (4) academic education evaluation conducted in accordance with the Universities Act.
Chapter v educational programs and their implementation of article 36. Educational programmes (1) education programs are implemented in the educational institution, public organisation, post masters workshop or Studio. The General, vocational and academic training for the implementation of the programme must obtain a license. The implementation of educational programmes initiated within one year from the date of receipt of the license. (2) the educational institution shall be entitled to exercise a number of education programs.
37. article. Educational programmes (1) education programs have set the duration of the implementation. (2) educational work time units are training or study, semester, annual training week, training day and training classes (academic hours).
38. article. Education program (1) the following are the types of education programs: 1) general education programs; 2) professional education programs; 3) academic training programs; 4) continuing education programs; 5) interest education programs. (2) education program specific types are: 1) the minority education programmes; 2) special educational program; 3) social adjustment training programs; 4) adult education programs. (3) detailed breakdown of education programs is determined by the Ministry of education and Science approved education program classification.
39. article. Education program (1) the data for all licensed and accredited education programs within one month after receipt of the licence or the credentials entered in the register of educational programmes. (2) the register of education program is available to everyone. Licensed and accredited education programs list is published once a year, no later than 1 March.
40. article. General education programs (1) general education programs provide the student a general mental and physical development, prepared for the continuation of their education and life in society. (2) general education for the implementation of the programme shall be determined by the General Education Act.
Article 41. Minority education programs (1) minority education programs with national educational standards in educational institutions, the development is based on the Ministry of education and Science approved the general education program. (2) the minority education programmes in addition to include the ethnic cultural learning and integration of national minorities in Latvia needed content. (3) the Ministry of education and Science determines the minority education in subjects who learn the national language.
Article 42. Special education programs (1) persons with special needs can obtain special education educational institution, if the learner has to ensure access to health and developmental disabilities to the nature of the appropriate education. (2) special education programmes implemented, taking into account the health situation of the trainees. (3) special education program for the implementation shall be determined by the General Education Act, vocational education law and other laws.
43. article. Social adjustment of education programs (1) social education learns of the adjustment for people with social behavioural anomalies. (2) social adjustment education programs implemented in social adjustment in education or social adjustment classes of general education institutions.
44. article. Professional education programs (1) Professional education programs provide learner mental and physical abilities, practical and theoretical preparation for professional activities in a specific profession and life in society. (2) vocational training programme shall lay down the procedure for implementing the vocational training law.
Article 45. Academic educational programs (1) academic training or study programme implemented by the University. (2) academic education in the University is determined by law.
Article 46. Adult education programs (1) adult education programs is determined these educational content and their compliance with the State and employers, as well as personal growth interests and those for adults have the right to learn throughout their lives regardless of the above educational. (2) in each of the types of adult education can offer formal and informal education programs. (3) adult education program content, the development and approval of the agenda, adult education standards, funding and other issues regulated by adult education Act and other laws.
47. article. Education programs of interest (1) interest in education is voluntary, its launch is not required for certain education degree education. (2) a State or municipal education institutions established are entitled to implement the interest education programs without a licence. (3) the interest education programmes may also implement other legal and natural persons, after appropriate licence authorities. (4) the vocational education programs of interest to the General elementary education and general education programs are implemented by licence of the Ministry of education and science.
Chapter VI educators and trainees article 48. The right to work as a teacher (1) to work as a teacher is the right person that has a pedagogical education or acquire pedagogical education that meets the Ministry of education and science established a professional qualification requirements. (2) the arrangements for the opening of the educator is to receive the certificate of the Ministry of education and science. (3) all educational institutions and educators in private workers are registered in the register of Teachers.
49. article. Teacher education and professional qualifications in the extraction and development (1) educator for the education institutions that implement relevant accredited professional and academic degree programs. (2) the professional qualifications of Teachers certified by the diploma of higher education or the teaching certificate. (3) it educators professional development takes place in the form of self-education and the institutions that implement the appropriate continuing education programs. (4) the teachers ' education development is funded by the Cabinet of Ministers, in accordance with the procedure laid down in the education programs in which teachers work.
50. article. Restrictions to work as educators For educators may not work: 1) a person convicted of a deliberate crime and is not rehabilitated; 2) person whose capacity is limited by the laws of the order; 3) State and local government education institutions established — a person who is not a document certifying the State language skills at the highest level, with the exception of University academic staff and other countries ' nationals and stateless persons who participate in specific educational programmes on international contracts, as well as foreign educational establishment established the branch office workers or educators; 4) person with a court decision deprived of parental power.
51. article. The general responsibilities of the teacher (1) General obligations of the Teacher training process are the following: 1) creative and responsible participation in the education program; 2) nurture good, good faith people — Latvian Patriots; 3) constantly upgrading its education and professional mastery; 4) to observe the rules of professional conduct of teachers; 5) to ensure the learners opportunities to exercise the right to education; 6) follow the rights of the child; 7) implement educational programmes, in cooperation with the student in the family. (2) the directors of educational institutions, educators and mentors are responsible for their own work, so the methods, techniques and results.
52. article. Rights of teachers Educators shall have the right to: 1) participate in educational institutions self-government; 2) receive State guaranteed paid annual leave of eight weeks in the order of the Cabinet of Ministers; 3) on the basis of a contract for the development of training tools, get paid to three months in a creative work or leave up to six months of unpaid leave in the order of the Cabinet of Ministers; 4) maintaining basic education institution in which the educator working in the main job, 30 calendar days within a period of three years to use their education and professional development of mastery; 5) get the pedagogical material needed for your work.
53. article. Teacher pay (1) teacher's wage is determined according to the teacher's professional qualifications and workload. (2) Teacher with the lowest professional qualifications the minimum wage for a single load may not be lower than the minimum monthly salary for two.
54. article. Responsibilities of the learner in the learner is responsible for the following: 1) get basic education; 2) adhere to educational institutions rules or the Constitution and internal rules; 3) with respect to treat State and society.
55. article. Learner rights learner has the right to: 1) to the national or local government-funded preschool education, primary and secondary education; 2 training and education) process and to defend the freedom to express their thoughts and opinions; 3 use in education) educational institutions, libraries and other repositories of information, reading, learning resources; 4) receive scholarships, loans, allowances and other forms of material assistance to the Cabinet in the order; 5) receive State and local governments paid for preventive health and dental care, and emergency medical assistance to the educational institution; 6) propose to establish educational institutions self-government and to participate in its activities in accordance with this Statute or the Constitution of the authority and the Authority's rules; 7) to participate in social activities; 8) to receive information about all education related matters; 9) personal effects protection education.
Article 56. The orphans and children without parental custody rights of the children remaining in the field of education (1) children's orphan and without parental custody of the orphaned child has the right to education in any State or local government educational institution. (2) a child is an orphan and without dependent children of parents left in educating the public. (3) minors and orphans of one family without parental custody of the remaining children educated in one of the general basic education institution and is inseparable, except when one of them is placed in a special educational institution, class or social adjustments of educational or class.
57. article. Parents (the person who exercises the parental) rights of the child in the education of children (persons who exercise parental power) have the right to: 1) choose pre-school education and primary education, in which a child acquires education, taking into account the child's wishes; 2) propose to establish educational institutions self-government and to participate in its activities in accordance with this Statute or the Constitution of the authority and the Authority's rules; 3) close to the educational institution of the Treaty on the child's education and care institution; 4) receive information related to the education of children; 5) to propose national education inspector to carry out inspections of educational institution; 6) propose to change the teacher, if he does not comply with this statutory general duties of teachers; 7) to implement the laws and other rights of the child's education.
58. article. The child's parents (the person who exercises parental authority) obligations (1) the child's parents (persons who exercise parental authority) must: 1) its ability and financial capabilities to ensure the education of children in the family, health, development and the necessary conditions for household appliances; 2) to collaborate with the educational institution in which the child learns, and educators of the child; 3 to respect the rights of the child). (2) the child's parents (persons who exercise parental authority) is responsible for the child to get compulsory education.
Chapter VII education system financial and material resources article 59. Source of financing of the education system (1) public educational institutions financed from the State budget according to the annual State budget law. Local educational institutions are financed from municipal budgets. The country participates in the financing of local education authorities in the cases provided for in this Act. (2) private educational institutions financed by their founders. State and local governments may participate in the financing of private educational institutions, if these institutions are implementing State accredited education programs in the State language. (3) the special educational institutions, as well as special education classes and groups in general education institutions funded from the State budget to the Cabinet. (4) educational institutions may receive additional financial resources: 1) donations and gifts; 2) providing paid services authority rules or in the cases specified in the Constitution; 3) from other revenues. (5) educational support institutions funded by their founders.
60. article. Education funding arrangements (1) founders of educational institutions providing this funding institutions, following: 1) Cabinet of Ministers determine the educational programmes the minimum cost per student; 2) education maintenance and operational expenses, including the salaries of staff in the business, as well as with international cooperation in associated costs; 3) student living expenses of educational institution. (2) in certain administrative areas of the Cabinet of Ministers may establish different programmes of education cost per student. (3) educational institution for the education program costs include the expenses necessary for the implementation of the programme of education in teacher pay, the education authorities with learning resources, its economic costs, as well as other necessary expenditure. State or municipal educational institutions teacher's pay is provided from the State budget or the budget of the State mērķdotācij. Preparation of training tools in accordance with national standards of education funded by the State. (4) where the educational institution implemented several educational programs, financial resources are scheduled for each of the educational programs in accordance with its implementation costs. In one educational institution can implement a number of education programs, and they can be financed from various sources, from State, local, and other legal and natural persons. (5) the State budget and local budget allocations for education institutions planned under the education expenditure estimates submitted projects (budget request). National educational authorities and the local authorities concerned (with regard to municipal budget allocation) approved educational expenditure by the State budget and local budget approval. Determining the annual State budget and local budget allocations to follow the inflation rate during the previous budget year. (6) educational institutions and their economic activities as a result of the services provided, revenues and other income does not affect the State budget and municipal budgets annual appropriations. (7) article 59 of this law is referred to in the fourth subparagraph, financial resources should include the relevant education institutions special budget account and used only: 1) educational institutions; 2) for the purchase of teaching aids; 3) authorities for the acquisition of equipment; 4) educators and learners to the stimulus material.
61. article. Education Innovation Fund to support the education system is created for Educational Innovation Fund, which is funded by deductions from payment of excise duty on alcohol and tobacco. The Fund is governed by a special law.
62. article. Educational institutions and educational institutions support the material features (1) education and support materials for education authorities is managing the property, or use the immovable and movable property. If a State educational institution, with the exception of State universities, posted public immovable property, this property will be registered in the land registry on behalf of the Ministry of education and science of the person. National University passed the management of the national property register to state the name of the school the person concerned. (2) educational institutions are built according to the property in an education programme to be implemented and used in education programmes and educational institutions. (3) educational institutions and institutions of education support materials and resources developed through the founding of the institutions assigned funds and additional funding sources. (4) the State and local governments in the management of educational establishments or buildings in use, parts and land use in the educational process and the other objectives of this Act. Educational institutions in the management or operation of the existing building, or that part of the land-use third parties allowed if it does not endanger the health, life learner, and security, is not contrary to the moral and ethical rules and does not interfere with the educational process, as well as other actions provided for in this Act. The building, part of the land or the use of third parties permitted under a written contract that is to be recorded in the Ministry of education and science, Ministry of industry or other relevant authorities. (5) the agreement concluded with the education authority of the legal or natural person managing the education authorities or to use the land, building or individual parts thereof, be included in a provision that provides that, if the object does not need to use the education authority in the education process or other actions provided for in this Act, or if this use endangers the student health, life and safety, or is contrary to the moral and ethical norms the education authority may terminate the contract, one month notice to users about it.
Transitional provisions 1. Law shall enter into force on 1 June 1999.
2. With the entry into force of this Act shall terminate Education Act of the Republic of Latvia (Republic of Latvia Supreme Council and Government Informant, 1991, 31/32.nr.; The Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1995, no. 18; 1997, no. 3).
3. Up to 1999 September 1, Minister of education and science ensure that law related legislation and submit it to the Cabinet for approval.
4. Article 53 of this law, the second part shall enter into force on 1 January 2000.
5. Article 48 of this law, the first subparagraph shall enter into force on 1 September 2000.
6. A State or local government educational institutions, which launched an educational and appropriate education for the profile implementation of this law into force, may continue the implementation of the programmes, within three years of receiving a license for the education programme.
7. private education institution, which until this date of entry into force of the law has received a licence to open an educational institution is entitled to continue the implementation of the education program to license expiration.
8. To this law, the date of entry into force of an accredited educational institution, if it is not an accredited education programs, are entitled to accreditation deadline to issue a national recognized educational documents on educational programs appropriate education.
9. Article 9 of this law in the first part and the second part of paragraph 2 shall enter into force gradually: 1) 1999 September 1 — for institutions of higher education; 2) 1999 September 1 — State and local education authorities with other mācībvalod launches minority education programmes or transition to teaching in the national language; 3) 2004 September 1 — State and local general secondary education institution in tens of classes and national and local training institutions teaching first courses are held only in the national language.
10. During the year, from the date of entry into force of the law to all educational establishments and other institutions that implement education programs shall be submitted to the Ministry of education and science, all the data required for the recording in the register of education, educational institutions and educators in the register, and the register of educational institutions under the names in the register of education and training institutions, the classification of the registry.
11. Out-of-school institutions established before the entry into force of the law, maintain their status, and their activities during the year is consistent with the provisions of article 47, which meets the interests of education.
12. Educational institutions established before the entry into force of this law the day and continue to work until 1 March 1999 to register in the register of educational institutions pursuant to this law, article 24 and 39.
The law adopted in 1998 the Saeima on 29 October.
The President g. Ulmanis in Riga in 1998 on November 17.