The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law of food surveillance in food surveillance Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1998, no. 7; 2002, nr. 2, 20; 2003; 2004, nr. 24, no. 14, 2006, 23; 1. No; 2007, nr. 3, 21; 2008, 3, 5 no, 14, 24, 2009. no; Latvian journal, 2009, 200. no; 2010, 91.178. no; 2012, no 154) the amendments are as follows: 1. Article 3, first paragraph: Add to subparagraph following the words and figures "of the European Parliament and of the Council of 28 January 2002, Regulation (EC) No 178/2002 on general food law principles and requirements, establishing the European food safety authority and laying down procedures in matters of food safety" with the words and figures "(European Parliament and Council Regulation No 178/2002); Add to subparagraph following the words and figures "of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004, Regulation (EC) No 853/2004 laying down specific hygiene rules for food of animal origin" with the words and figures "(European Parliament and Council Regulation No 853/2004)". 2. in article 4: turn off the sixth; make part of this version 10.1: "(101) the Cabinet of Ministers shall lay down the procedure by which: 1) issue and revoke the permission for distribution of natural mineral water market; 2) dietary supplements, suspend or restrict their movement and withdrawing registration; 3) Dietetic food, suspend or restrict its movement and revoke the registration. "; make the 13th part as follows: "Cabinet of Ministers (13) lays down animal carcasses of the classifier training and skills, as well as the qualifications of the classifier of issue of the certificate and the cancellation procedure."; to make the 15th part of the first sentence the following wording: "for protected geographical indications, protected designation of origin, traditional speciality guaranteed registration of the application, the statement of opposition to the issuance of the decision and the amendment of the specification of the registration duty payable."; to supplement the article with the seventeenth part as follows: "Cabinet of Ministers (17) determines the maximum amount of trans fats in foods."
3. Replace article 5, second paragraph, the words and figures "of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004, Regulation (EC) No 853/2004 laying down specific hygiene rules for food of animal origin" with the words and figures "European Parliament and Council Regulation No 853/2004".
4. in article 8: express the fifth subparagraph second sentence as follows: "Cabinet of Ministers determines the order in which the food chain employed persons of the trainees in the field of food hygiene, as well as the requirements for the training and the certificate."; to complement the ninth part of the sentence the following wording: "the parallel model is tested in a laboratory accredited with the equivalent method used under the control of the sample for testing according to remove food regulatory regulations."; to supplement the article with the thirteenth part as follows: "(13) food company has the obligation to provide food and veterinary service information in accordance with the European Union are directly applicable legislation in the field of the food chain to be the institutions of the European Union."
5. To supplement the law with article 9.1 of the following: ' article 9.1. The person shall ensure that the food, which it is grown and used for consumption in your diet, their family members and persons with whom it shares a farm, as well as other persons in the household, comply with the safety requirements in accordance with the laws and regulations in the field of the food chain. "
6. in article 10: make the third paragraph as follows: "(3) pollution, including pesticide residues in food must not exceed the directly applicable European Union legislation the maximum levels laid down in the rules. The Cabinet of Ministers shall determine the order in which you remove and prepare samples and evaluate the results of the study to control pesticide residues in products of plant and animal origin. "; to supplement the article with the sixth part as follows: "(6) food company application on new food additives, flavourings or enzyme production shall be submitted to the food safety, animal health and the environment" BIOR "Scientific Institute or the European Commission, subject to the requirements laid down in European Parliament and Council of 16 December 2008, Regulation (EU) no 1331/2008 establishing a common authorisation procedure for food additives, food enzymes and food flavourings in article 3, and the Commission's 10 March 2011 in Regulation (EU) No 234/2011, implementing European Parliament and Council Regulation (EC) no 1331/2008 establishing a common authorisation procedure for food additives, food enzymes and food flavourings, as well as the European Parliament and of the Council of 10 November 2003, Regulation (EC) no 2065/2003 on smoke flavourings used or intended for use in or on foods as in article 7. "
7. To make article 13, third subparagraph by the following: "(3) the cabinet shall determine the requirements: 1) the labelling of prepackaged foodstuffs; 2) information on bulk foods; 3) additional marking of food products. "
8. Article 21, second paragraph: make paragraph 5 by the following: "5) by the competent national authority or the food company requires that exports of food or animal feed, to assure compliance with its competence;" make paragraph 10 by the following: ' 10) to determine the risk management temporary measures to reduce threats to the scientific assessment of risk and development of risk management measures, if it is determined the possible risks to human or animal health and the risk analysis has not been carried out; " Replace in paragraph 14, the words "and article 10.1" referred to by the words "monitoring of existing objects and products"; 19. turn off the point.
9. in article 21.2: replace the first paragraph, the words "National Research Institute for food safety, animal health and Environmental Research Institute" "with the words" food safety, animal health and Environmental Research Institute "BIOR"; Add to the second and third subparagraph following the words ' food safety, animal health and Environmental Research Institute "with the word" BIOR "; to supplement the article with the fourth paragraph as follows: "(4) the food safety, animal health and Environmental Research Institute" BIOR ": 1) of the European food safety authority's national contact points functions in accordance with European Parliament and Council Regulation No 178/2002; 2) evaluated by the European Parliament and Council Regulation No 178/2002 article 36 cooperation institutions in Latvia and to coordinate their cooperation with the European food safety authority; 3) collect and analyse data and information necessary for the evaluation of risks which have a direct or indirect impact on food and feed safety, as well as in relation to human nutrition, animal health and welfare and plant health; 4) scientific assessments of risk in their areas of competence; 5) directly applicable European Union legislation in the field of the food chain in the cases examined and sent to the European Commission and the European food safety authority of the companies received applications for new raw materials and production processes; 6) carried out the competent authority the tasks laid down in respect of cooperation with the European Commission and the European food safety authority according to the requirements of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 December 2006, in Regulation No 1924/2006 on nutrition and health claims made on foods. "
10. in article 22: make the second subparagraph of paragraph 4 by the following: "4) according to the food business regulation regulations, suspend or restrict food chain recognize food for distribution and prohibit movement when there is reasonable suspicion about food safety for man, the environment or the life or consumer deception. The decision is enforceable immediately; " Add to article 2.1 part as follows: "(21) food and veterinary officers in relation to the supervision and control of the country have the right to do mystery shopping. If food does not comply with food regulations regulatory requirements, expenses associated with the pursuit of brevity, shall be borne by the food business. " turn off the eighth part, the word "national".
11. Supplement article 24, first paragraph, the words "and, where provided misleading information about the origin of food products, the composition and the use of inappropriate instructions regarding health claims".
12. transitional provisions be supplemented with 21, 22, 23 and 24 as follows: "Cabinet of Ministers to 21, 2015 November 30 issue 4 of this law, article 10.1, the thirteenth and seventeenth paragraph, fifth subparagraph of article 8, article 10, third paragraph, and article 13, paragraph 3 of part three provisions referred to. 22. Article 4 of this law and the thirteenth part 10.1 article 8 in the fifth subparagraph, and article 13, paragraph 3, of the third part of the Cabinet of Ministers referred to the date of entry into force of the provisions, but no longer than up to 2015 of 30 November of the following is applicable to the Cabinet of Ministers regulations, in so far as they are not inconsistent with this law: 1) the Cabinet of Ministers of 13 March 2001, Regulation No 118 of "intended for infants and young children in food composition, minimum safety requirements and its label and distribution requirements"; 2) Cabinet of 27 March 2001, Regulation No 144 of "minimum safety requirements for dietary foods with reduced energy value and its marking '; 3) Cabinet 3 April 2001 Regulation No. 155 of "minimum safety requirements for dietary foods for special medical purposes and requirements marking '; 4) the Cabinet of Ministers of 8 July 2003 Regulation No 377 of "quality, classification and labelling requirements for the different types of sugar"; 5) Cabinet of Ministers of 8 July 2003 Regulation No 378 of "quality requirements for the classification and labelling of fruit jams, jellies, marmalade, jam and sweetened chestnut puree"; 6) Cabinet of 16 September 2003, the Regulation No. 522 "quality, classification and labelling requirements for honey"; 7) the Cabinet of Ministers of 25 November 2003, the Regulation No. 661 "classifications and labelling requirements of quality cocoa and chocolate products"; 8) the Cabinet of Ministers of 20 April 2004 the Regulation No 323 "minimum safety requirements with ionizing radiation-processed food and additional requirements for the labelling of"; 9) the Cabinet of Ministers of 20 April 2004 the Regulation No 334 "rules on food contamination and corrosive chemical substances in the food packaging and marking '; 10) Cabinet of 22 February 2005, Regulation No 140 of "quality, classification and labelling requirements for coffee and chicory extracts"; 11) Cabinet of 31 May 2005, Regulation No 381 of the "provisions on the classification, quality and labelling requirements of dehydrated milk products and procedures to assess the conformity of the products to these requirements"; 12) the Cabinet of Ministers of 14 June 2005, the provisions of no. 409 "food chain of professional qualifications of persons employed"; 13) the Cabinet of Ministers on 21 June 2005 Regulation No. 435 "rules of edible caseins and caseinates quality, classification and labelling requirements and conformity assessment procedures; 14) Cabinet of Ministers of 5 July 2005, the provisions of no. 488 "minimum safety, quality, hygiene and labelling requirements for human consumption salt and salt distribution and use in food production"; 15) the Cabinet of Ministers of 20 September 2005, the Regulation No 725 "rules on dietary supplements"; 16) Cabinet 8 august 2006 no. 646 of the rules "rules for the labelling of fisheries products for use in the species name"; 17) Cabinet of 31 October 2006, the Regulation No 893 "minimum safety and labelling requirements for Apple and PEAR cider"; 18) Cabinet of 24 March 2009. Regulation No 257 of the "provisions on the labelling of meat obtained from bovine animals aged 12 months or less"; 19) the Cabinet of Ministers of 25 June 2009.-Regulation No. 613 "for fresh fruit and vegetables, the quality of the classification and labelling requirements and the fresh fruit and vegetable standards of conformity assessment procedures; 20) the Cabinet of Ministers of 13 October 2009. the Regulation No. 1171 "rules on the processing of animal carcasses quality, classification and labelling, as well as the order in which the animal carcases is assessed compliance with the processing quality and classification requirements and collect and collect information about the animal carcases"; 21) Cabinet 9 February 2010 No. 127 rules "rules for the labelling of sheep meat"; 22) the Cabinet of Ministers on 16 November 2010 by Regulation No 1053 "regulations on special dietary food requirements, the order in which the recorded dietary foods, and the State fee for the registration of dietary food"; 23) the Cabinet of Ministers of 21 December 2010 regulations No. 1130 "rules on natural mineral waters and spring water minimum safety and labelling requirements, and procedures for issuing permits to distribute natural mineral water and covers the costs of service". 23. The Cabinet of Ministers until 2014 30 November issue this law, article 13 of the third subparagraph of paragraph 1 and 2 of these provisions. 24. Article 13 of the law until this third part referred to in paragraph 1 of the Cabinet from the date of entry into force of the provisions, but no longer than up to 2014 30 November is the applicable Cabinet of 23 November 2004, the Regulation No 964 "food labelling provisions", as long as they do not conflict with this Act. " The Parliament adopted the law in 2014 on October 23. The President a. Smith in Riga 2014 on November 12.