The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: for public service regulators, chapter I. General provisions article 1. The purpose of the law this law aims to ensure the opportunity to receive continuous, safe and high-quality public services that tariffs (prices) to match economically justifiable costs, as well as promote development and economically justified competition in the sectors, setting the agenda for the public service regulatory and legal relations in the public service.
2. article. The scope of the law (1) this Act establishes the public service regulatory procedures and the General control of the creation and operation of the system.
(2) the regulation of the public service as a business in the following sectors (hereinafter referred to as the State controlled industries): 1), with the exception of heating energy, which the production process is not designed for electrical energy;
4) rail transport (including transport of passengers by rail).
(3) one of the statutory functions — permanent public utility organization, in its administrative territory governed by the public service as a business in the following sectors (hereinafter the municipal sector adjustable): 1) municipal waste management, excluding municipal waste processing;
water supply and sewerage, 2);
3) heating, which the production process is not designed for electricity.
(4) The types of public services the provision of which need to be regulated, the State controlled industries determined by the Cabinet of Ministers, but local industries-adjustable the local authorities concerned under this Act and other legislation.
(5) regular passenger road transport (except by road international routes), which is allocated from the State budget or the budget of the country, the special State or local regulation, respectively, within their competence, in accordance with the laws of the Road. The law "on regulators of public services" in the order determined by the tariff calculation methodologies and maximum fees for robežtarif passengers.
3. article. Adjustable adjustable public services public services (public services), the provision of which is regulated under this Act, is the production of goods and provision of services to national industries and municipalities controlled adjustable sectors (hereinafter also – adjustable sectors).
4. article. Public service providers and users of public services (1) public service is a businessman who, given market from the economic (financial) in exceptional condition, adjustable sectors provide public services in a given area and which public services are regulated under this Act.
(2) public service users (hereinafter users) are natural or legal persons, that of the public service providers receiving public services.
5. article. Public service regulatory framework for public services regulated under this Act established the public service regulatory authority that operates independently and autonomously, performing the functions set out in this Act, make decisions and issue regulations to protect the interests of users and promote the development of the public service in accordance with the principles of fairness, transparency, impartiality, equality and proportionality.
Chapter II. Public service regulatory authority — the regulator 6. Public service regulatory authority (1) the public services sectors regulated controlled state or municipal public service regulatory authority (regulator).
(2) the Regulator independently fulfil the functions transferred by law and within their competence independently make decisions and issue administrative acts, which are binding to specific public service providers and users.
7. article. State regulators adjustable sectors (1) the public sector regulators adjustable is the national authority that monitors, to public service in these sectors had been complied with this law, as well as the State of the special adjustment laws.
(2) the Parliament after the Cabinet's proposal, the State controlled industries creates a single regulator — the public service Regulatory Commission.
(3) the Commission's authority is the Council. On behalf of the Commission, the Council shall adopt decisions and issue administrative acts, which are binding to specific public service providers and users.
(4) the Parliament on a proposal by the Cabinet of Ministers for a period of five years shall be appointed Chairman of the Commission, who is also the President of the Council (hereinafter the Chairman), and four Council members. The Cabinet of Ministers of the Council members shall be selected by tender the tenderer.
(5) if the term of Office of a member of the Council for any reason ceases before the expiration of the term, the Parliament on a proposal by the Cabinet of Ministers appointed another Member of the Council.
(6) the Commission is a legal entity. The Commission is separate property, the balance on the account and an independent State.
8. article. Regulator adjustable local industries (1) adjustable sectors of local public services in accordance with this law and the law "On local governments" governed by the municipal authority, the Governor created.
(2) the municipality may, by mutual agreement, to set up a joint municipal Governor, acting on the basis of regulations approved by local authorities.
(3) the decision of the local Government shall determine the composition of the Governor and the Executive structure.
(4) the municipality with its decision for four years in the Governor's Office of the Chairman and at least two members. The post of local Government shall designate applicants tender. More local Government jointly created the Governor may appoint a member to either each municipality or joint municipal representatives generated the regulators meeting. To the Governor, the President of the municipal members and candidates apply this law limits laid down in article 38.
(5) the Chairman and members of the regulators in their term is irrevocable. The municipality with its decision to the President or a member of the regulators leave office before the expiration of the term only in the following cases: 1) is received by the person concerned an application for resignation;
2) the relevant person more than six consecutive months of illness or other reasons not able to perform his duties;
3) is discovered or any of this to the article 38 of the law of limitations.
(6) the local government sectors adjustable regulator within their competence, to public service in these sectors had been complied with this law, as well as the local branches of the special adjustment laws.
(7) On the operation of public service regulators for the regulation of municipal sectors adjustable apply all the provisions of this law governing the Governor's activities, tasks, rights, duties and responsibilities, except for public service tariff (price) (hereinafter the tariff) calculation methodology.
(8) local adjustable sectors tariff calculation methodology is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers (project development for the industry in the responsible Ministry) after consulting the municipalities law "on local governments" in the order, but the tariffs determined by the regulators in this local law.
9. article. Controller functions (1) the Commission and the local Governor performs the following functions: 1) defends the interests of users and promote the development of the public service;
2) determines the tariff calculation methodology (this function does not perform local Governor);
3) determines the tariffs, if sectoral laws do not provide other special charging arrangements;
4) licenses for public service;
5) prior out-of-court dispute;
6) promotes competition in the sectors, and monitors compliance with the public service license, certain quality and environmental requirements in technical regulations, standards, as well as the provisions of the treaties;
7) provides adjustable sectors responsible ministries, at their request, information and proposals for public service regulatory issues;
8) inform the public about its activities and about the public service activities of the public service;
9) perform such other functions, in particular industry in special laws.
(2) the Governor in matters within their competence, shall act independently and shall issue administrative acts, which are binding to specific public service providers and users.
(3) the Governor shall ensure the protection of the information that is available on the public service providers and their activities.
10. article. The regulators the right to (1) the Governor in the exercise tasks defined in the law, is entitled to request and receive from the smooth public service providers and users, from State and local authorities as well as officials from performing these tasks for the required information.
(2) the President of the Commission shall participate in the Cabinet meetings of the Committee. The Commission shall submit to the legislative acts of the Cabinet of Ministers. Institutions that submitted to the Cabinet with the regulation of public services related to regulatory acts, they also have to be submitted to the Commission.
(3) the Governor shall consider the submissions and complaints about public services.
(4) the President of the Commission or his authorized officer is empowered to draw up public service provider of administrative offences that are dealt with in accordance with the procedure prescribed by law.
(5) the Commission, the law "on local governments" duly empowered authorities run central heating control functions and can empower municipalities to meet other public service tuning function adjustable sectors of the country, where the local authorities concerned agree. Such authorisation the Commission publishes the newspaper "Latvian journal" and at least one of the municipal local newspaper.
(6) the authorities of the public services regulatory functions adjustable sectors of the country carried out by the municipality in the order specified in this Act to the Commission with respect to the regulation of public services the State controlled industries. The public service Commission, the regulatory functions of the municipalities comply with the features that are provided for in the budget of the Commission released public service tuning function.
11. article. The independence of the regulators (1) Regulator is the independent statutory functions.
(2) the Commission, in the performance of its functions in decision making or issuing administrative acts not subject to Government or its institutions.
(3) the Governor in the performance of its functions, decision-making or administrative action is subject to the issuance of local government or its institutions.
(4) the decisions taken by the Governor and published administrative provisions on unlawful by nature can be recognised only by the Court. Governor cancels its decisions and administrative acts issued by that Court has declared illegal by nature, with a court judgment enters into force.
12. article. The responsibility of the regulators (1) Regulator is responsible for the legality of their actions.
(2) that the public service providers and industry companies controlled directly by unlawful injury caused the Governor's decision shall be in accordance with the procedure prescribed by law to the extent members of the NRA's civil liability insurance, and about such damages, recourse to the agenda shall recover from members of the regulators.
(3) a member of the Regulators, upon taking office, shall take out civil liability insurance. Members of the regulators on insurance against civil liability in respect of the minimum amount is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers.
(4) a member of the Regulators, who voted against the decision of the Governor, if sufficient grounds for such a vote marked the relevant regulators in the minutes of the hearing or written reasons annexed to the Protocol, which it made on the record, exempted from damages driven recourse procedures.
13. article. The activities of regulators, transparency (1) the decisions taken by the Regulators have been discovered, and they are published in accordance with the procedure laid down in this Act.
(2) the Governor shall provide information to State and local authorities and institutions, as well as the recommendations to users and take other measures to ensure the transparency of its operations, explain the public service and understand public attitudes towards it.
14. article. The regulator controls the activities of (1) the Commission shall annually up to 1 June shall be submitted to the Parliament a written report on its activities for the previous year and sworn auditor check the full financial statement.
(2) the municipal Governor once a year until June 1 to submit a written report to the relevant authorities about his activities during the previous year and sworn auditor check the full financial statement.
15. article. Consumer protection adjustable sectors (1) the Governor shall cooperate with consumer protection public organizations set up consumer protection law and protect consumer rights sectors, as well as adjustable with consumer protection supervision and control authorities.
(2) a representative from the consumer rights protection centre or other competent and authorized authorities, as is consumer protection supervision and control of the relevant industry, entitled adjustable to take the regulator meeting with advisory capacity, if regulators meeting are dealt with questions about public service or provisioning in the controlled sector.
Chapter III. Public service licensing article 16. Public service license (1) the public service licence (hereinafter licence) gives the public service provider capacity to undertake similar commitments at the same time against several users in the territory specified in the licence (hereinafter activity licence) and establishes the public service obligation to ensure these users to public services quality and quantity specified in the table of charges.
(2) the cabinet shall determine the order in which the Governor on public services and the sectors controlled, as well as the licence application is lodged, if it is fixed in special legislation in the sectors.
(3) the Governor shall be issued for a specified period and the public service sector companies administered license, indicating the types of public services.
(4) the Governor's decisions on the issue of licences, cancellation of licences granted, refusal to grant a licence, as well as on the amendment to the licence terms, if they apply to the public service, the term of the licence or the licence area, within 30 days after the adoption of the relevant decision shall be published in the newspaper "journal".
(5) the Governor shall monitor the fulfilment of the conditions of the licence and compliance with the public service licence conditions.
(6) the local government regulator, a licensed public service provider, account must be taken of the municipal administrative territory development plans relating to sectoral development and administered local government regulations.
Article 17. License conditions (1) the licence specifies the nature of the public service, license expiration and the licensed area as a geographical territory, and it is also included in the special conditions, which provides adjustable sectors special laws.
(2) the license terms must be objectively justified, fair, equitable and transparent.
18. article. Amendment of the conditions of licence and licence revocation (1) Based on the proposal to amend the conditions of a licence issued, or to revoke the license of the public service shall submit to the regulator in the same order that the Cabinet of Ministers identified the licence application is lodged.
(2) the Governor may amend the licence conditions issued in the following cases: 1) has entered into force, amendments to legislation relating to administered public service;
2) otherwise it is not possible to provide a commercially reasonable public service license area;
3) public service provider submits a reasoned proposal according to the first paragraph of this article.
(3) the Governor informing the concerned Ministry or sector controlled the local governments could void the public service operator license issued in cases where the public service provider: 1) does not comply with or violates the conditions of the licences issued to it;
2) violated the laws and requirements of the public service;
3) declared in liquidation or insolvent;
4) submitted a proposal based according to the first paragraph of this article.
(4) On the amendment of the license in writing regulators warned the public service for at least 30 days in advance.
(5) on the withdrawal of the licence in writing regulators warned the public service for at least six months in advance.
(6) where a licence is cancelled, the public service will not be reimbursed in accordance with this law, article 29 and 30 of the State fee paid for public service.
Chapter IV. Charging article 19. Charging procedure (1) the public service tariffs, adjustable sectors of the public service shall be calculated in accordance with the tariff calculation methodology and submit to the regulator calculated tariff, together with the draft tariff calculation project costs that make up those tariffs.
(2) the Commission has assessed the public service presented by the estimated tariff projects within 90 days of receipt of the draft tariff.
(3) the Governor shall assess the public service presented by the estimated tariff projects, 50 days after the receipt of the draft tariff.
(4) if the projects submitted are not calculated in this tariff in accordance with the procedure prescribed by law, the Governor 10 days sent the applicant a reasoned refusal.
(5) the Governor shall decide on the need for additional information if the public service presented by the estimated tariff and tariffs cost justification for forming the documents is not sufficient objective news calculated the tariff for approval or rejection of the project. In this case, the regulator sends a public service announcement about the decision and request additional information or documents.
(6) the Governor may, if necessary, the assessment of the project or the tariff for the provision of explanations upon the public service representatives or independent experts.
(7) the Commission assessed a tariff projects approved or rejected within 30 days after the hearing.
(8) the Governor assessed the tariff projects approved or rejected within 20 days after their review.
(9) where a tariff assessed projects rejected by the Governor within 10 days after the adoption of the relevant decision provides reasoned rejection of public service provider.
(10) the tariff in the case of approval of projects the Governor about it 10 days notify the public service provider.
(11) the Governor each year up to the end of January, the Ministry of Finance informed about predictable tariff shift.
(12) the local regulators every year until the end of January shall inform the relevant authorities about the predictable tariff shift.
20. article. The size of the tariff rates be determined to an extent by the users to the tariff charges cover the cost of public services and ensure the viability of public services pursuant to the license terms in the period when the industry special laws do not provide for other charging principles. A change in factors affecting profitability, may propose the revision of the tariff.
21. article. Tariff transparency (1) state regulators set the adjustable sectors tariff calculation methodology shall be published in the newspaper "Latvian journal" 10 days after its discovery.
(2) the Governor shall determine the order in which the users may be familiar with the provider of the public service of the tariffs submitted projects, to submit their proposals and recommendations to the regulator and the public service. Information about the order of these public sectors adjustable publish in a newspaper "journal", but the local government controlled areas — at least one of the municipal local newspaper 10 days after the discovery of these arrangements.
(3) the State controlled industries public service providers information about the estimated tariff projects published the newspaper "Latvian journal" 10 days after submitting it to a regulator or local authority that is empowered to execute the function of State regulators adjustable in the industry.
(4) adjustable sectors of local public service providers information about the estimated tariff projects shall be published in at least one of the municipal local newspaper 10 days following their submission to regulators.
(5) the public sector regulators adjustable certain tariffs shall be published in the newspaper "Latvian journal" 10 days after the adoption of the relevant decision.
(6) the local government controlled areas and in cases where the municipality has the power to determine fares in the State controlled industries, approved tariffs shall be published in at least one of the municipal local newspaper 10 days after the adoption of the decision on the tariff.
(7) the approved tariffs shall bring into force the provisions of the administrative Governor of the day, but not earlier than the 30th day following that of their publication.
Chapter v. Public service activities of article 22. Public service continuity, safety and quality (1) of the public service to ensure the opportunity to receive continuous public services throughout the term of the licence pursuant to the license terms in its area.
(2) public service providers in the relevant sector specific controlled public service security requirements and the qualifications of your employees.
(3) the public service provides the technical regulations, standards and conditions of the contract, the quality of public services. If the public service is a period of time can not provide technical regulations, standards and conditions of the contract, the quality of public services, it shall indemnify the user for damages in accordance with the terms of the contract or the regulator's decision.
(4) the public service use and facilitates the efficient, economic and safe technologies and working methods for the introduction of public service quality assurance and improvement.
(5) the public service of the Cabinet of Ministers order can stop public services to people who are not paid for or received public services have not fulfilled another commitment to public service.
23. article. Public service transformation and dissolution (1) the public service transformation, if it results in a change in the conditions contained in the licence, the State controlled industries public service company can start after the regulator's written permission, but local industries by regulators adjustable and the municipality's written authorisation. The following permissions are granted for a period which may not be longer than six months.
(2) the Governor in accordance with a permit issued by the public service to make the relevant amendments to the transformation of the public service license terms.
(3) the public service activities of the State controlled industries may suspend, interrupt or terminate after the regulator's written permission, but local industries by regulators adjustable and the municipality's written authorisation.
24. article. Public service request (1) the public service provider license area to ensure public services by beneficiaries and other persons if a reasoned request, the service provider's financial and infrastructure objects or technical capacity allows it.
(2) the public service the public service considered the request, evaluate its merits and requested public service costs and required no later than 30 days after receipt of the request is registered shall inform the applicant of the public service.
(3) the public service provider registered within 30 days after the receipt of the request shall provide the applicant a written reasoned refusal, if the public service is not possible, and inform the regulator.
(4) the public service provider may agree with the applicant that it covers the public service launch-related additional expenses.
25. article. Information assurance (1) of the public service will provide the requested information to the regulator the regulator within the time and in order.
(2) the public service provider provides the regulator free to get any information on public services and the necessary information about the business, which will make the public service a free competition and market conditions, as well as the possibility to consult the public service accounting documents.
(3) the public service provider provides the regulator the ability to perform public service tuning function necessary for the performance of inspection and control, as well as access to equipment and instruments, subject to the safety requirements.
26. article. The separation of the services to the public (1) of the public service can be controlled at the same time to provide the sector with several types of public services.
(2) the public service should be separate accounting records for each of the services to the public to provide information on regulators of public services in the industry and adjustable overview the public service business in General.
27. article. Public service business of free competition (1) of the public service outside adjustable sectors free competition can do business, which in article 26 of this law established a distinction should be made between the action of the public service.
(2) the public service does not have the right to use the tariff revenue to cover the costs associated with its business in a fully competitive environment, or any other form of activity which is not directly related to the public service, including sponsorship, donation or charity.
28. article. Public service license area of (1) the Governor shall take a decision on the need to take over public service license area: 1) six months in the case of public service provider will void the license;
2) if six months after the end of the public service license expires and the service provider does not wish to continue the provision of public services, which require a new licence;
3) where the public service provider for some reason are not able to provide a continuous, safe and high-quality public services.
(2) If the Governor makes a decision about the public service licence areas of it within 10 days notify the relevant sector Ministry responsible adjustable or relevant municipality. Adjustable sectors concerned responsible Ministry or a municipality, which is located in the administrative territory of the public service, at the time appointed by the public service provider license as defined by the public services responsible for implementing measures to encourage businesses (companies) to take over public service license area.
(3) the Person responsible for a public service license as defined by the public service, inform the regulator or local authority for their tasks and have the right to choose the auction, tender or applicant selection methods to ensure the activities specified in this article.
Chapter VI. Financing of the activities of regulators, article 29. Financing of the activities of regulators Regulator activity funded from revenue generated by charging duty on adjustment of public services.
30. article. Stamp duty on adjustment of the paying public service and (1) of the public service for all adjustable control of public service pay State fee for public service regulation.
(2) the State fee for the regulation of public services the State sectors provided a controlled state budget and in the accounts of the Commission are credited to the Treasury. The State paid the fee for the regulation of public services in the country in sectors controlled only the activities of the Commission.
(3) the State fee for the regulation of municipal public services in sectors controlled by the municipal securities to budget and use only the local operation of the regulator.
(4) special laws may provide other business sector adjustment payments for the operation of the regulator, which is in proportion to the services provided or the regulators use the State resources.
31. article. Stamp duty on adjustment of public service rate (1) State fees for public services regulating rate in dollars separately for each adjustable sector public service type each year up to October 1, the Cabinet of Ministers is determined on the basis of the public service annual net turnover and regulator for the operation of the necessary expenditure.
(2) State fees for public service annual rate adjustment may not exceed 0.2% of the company's net public service provided by the turnover in the preceding financial year.
(3) the cabinet shall determine the rate (amount) of the company adjusted payments for services provided or the regulators use the State resources.
Chapter VII. Disputes article 32. The previous extrajudicial dispute (1) the Regulator as required preliminary extrajudicial body appearance of public service relations ensuing disputes and other disputes that this law passed by regulators, with the exception of the disputes concerning the enforcement of the user on the public services.
(2) the public service provider and user disputes concerning enforcement of beneficiary's public services received in court in accordance with the procedure prescribed by law.
33. article. Dispute procedure (1) the applicant shall provide in writing to the Governor details of the substance of the dispute, the parties and the defendant, against whom the action this turn, indicating that person's address. The application from the applicant for all the materials and documents available on the issues of the dispute.
(2) the Governor shall consider the dispute, ensuring transparency and the rights of the parties and interested third parties to receive information and to be heard, provide explanations, submit materials and their other interests and objective examination of the dispute that information.
(3) the Governor may, if necessary, call upon independent experts for an opinion on the dispute, as well as to request documents and materials, or other information that is necessary for an objective examination of the dispute.
(4) if necessary, the Governor all the members or their representatives may be invited to sit, which is considered the dispute, as well as to take a decision on the resolution of the dispute without the parties or their representatives.
34. article. Settlement of disputes (1) of ADR should start no later than two weeks after the receipt of the application. For the initiation of a dispute, the Governor shall notify the parties.
(2) the Governor shall assess the dispute after its essence and character, finds the decision the necessary facts and adopt a decision on the dispute in the following terms: 1) a month from the initiation of the proceedings, if the dispute is not complex and it does not require additional review materials or information gathering and gathering additional investigations or expert opinion;
2) within three months from the initiation of the proceedings, if the dispute is complex and it requires consideration additional material or information gathering and gathering additional investigations or expert opinion, as well as other activities of the fair and impartial dispute trial.
35. article. The Governor's decision and the appeal (1) the Governor in case of dispute settlement shall decide and determine the order and terms. Such a regulator's decision shall enter into force on the twenty-fifth day following its adoption, and three days after making the decision to send out parties.
(2) the decision of the Governor in case of dispute resolution can be a challenge and appeal to the Court of law during the month following its adoption of a person whose legal interests in this decision.
(3) If the decision of the Governor on a resolution of the dispute is not disputed and the appeal court, its execution is provided in accordance with the procedure laid down in the decision and timeless.
Chapter VIII. The composition and functioning of the regulators article 36. The composition of the Commission (1) the Commission shall consist of the public services regulatory Board (hereinafter the Board), which is part of this law in the President-elect and four members, and the executive body that is exposed to the Council and the Secretariat and the expert functions to prepare questions and documents for consideration by the Council and implement Council decisions and administrative acts issued for the implementation.
(2) the Executive shall consist of each country according to the industry body adjustable, as well as other necessary departments.
37. article. Candidates For Council members Council members may appoint a citizen of Latvia, which has a corresponding higher education and whose knowledge and experience provide the statutory tasks.
38. article. Restrictions on board members and candidates (1) for a Council member or the nominee may not be personal: 1) which are or have been with the laws of the Republic of Latvia, the Supreme Council decisions or rulings of the court banned members (members) by prohibiting these organizations;
2) who are the subject of an intentional criminal offence;
3) which previously committed a crime, but of parole released due to statute of limitations, amnesty or pardon;
4) against which prosecuted.
(2) the members of the Council of business, income generation, job connect, work restrictions, as well as performance related other restrictions and obligations, insofar as these are not laid down in this law shall be determined by the anti-corruption law.
(3) the Council may not be a parliamentary or local Government Council (Council) member or take elected posts in political organizations or parties.
(4) a member of the Council, three years after members of the expiry of the mandate can not be the public service owner, shareholder or employee who is entitled to take decisions and to act with the public service or funding, on which he has made his decision.
39. article. Council members took office a member of the Council into the post and taking up his duties with the day set to enter her Office. Council member after his appointment, up to the date of taking up his duties, to prevent any law concerning the limits imposed on him.
40. article. Dismissal of the members of the Council or the release from the post (1) the Council in its term of Office is irrevocable, and they can be removed from Office only in the cases laid down in this article.
(2) the Parliament after the Cabinet's proposal, the Council members leave office before his term expires only in the following cases: 1) is received by the person concerned an application for resignation;
2) the relevant person more than six consecutive months of illness or other reasons not able to perform his duties;
3) is discovered or any of this to the article 38 of the law of limitations.
Article 41. The President of the Council (1) the President of the Council is also a member of the Council and is responsible for the statutory regulatory functions.
1) hosts and organizes the work of the Governor and representative of the Governor;
2) directs the Council meeting;
3) is the regulator of financial means and managing quarterly provides information to the Council on the implementation of the budget;
4) gives direct orders of the executive staff.
(3) in the absence of the President, his duties shall be designated by the President of the Council, but if such assignment is not, the former Chairman of the appointed member of the Council.
(4) the individual can perform the duties of the President in his designated Council member.
(5) the President shall have the right to give instructions to the members of the Council only to the exercise of the related organizational issues.
Article 42. The Council meeting is convened and eligibility (1) the Council shall convene and chair the Chairman.
(2) the President shall convene a meeting of the Council shall, at the request of at least three members of the Governing Council.
(3) the Council is entitled to make decisions when participating in the hearing not less than three members.
(4) Council meeting and the agenda for the issuance of all the members of the Council not later than three working days before the meeting.
(5) to add to the agenda of a Council meeting of the matters dealt with copies of documents.
(6) the Council recorded in writing. The minutes shall be signed by all members of the Council who participated in the meeting.
43. article. The adoption of the Council decision (1) the Council shall take decisions by voting, and the decision shall be signed by the President.
(2) the decision shall be adopted, if you vote at least three Council members.
(3) voting shall be open, and the results of the vote recorded in the minutes, showing each of the members of the Council vote separately for each meeting addressed the issue with "for", "against" or "abstain".
(4) the members of the Council to sign the minutes, it can record their views on the issues to be dealt with, or make reference to your own point of view written justification to the Protocol of accession.
44. article. The Commission's work organisation and structure (1) the Council shall determine the internal organization of the Commission's agenda and the structure of the executive body.
(2) the Council shall approve the regulations that govern the activities of the Commission, the executive body of the Organization of work and the appointment of Heads of departments shall determine the procedure for the hearing of the Council decision provided for the consideration of the project, and other documents.
Article 45. Restrictions on the provision of information (1) the Chairman, the members of the Council and executive employees as well as the activities of regulators, outside parties are prohibited in public or otherwise disclose details or other regulatory functions relating to the implementation of restricted access information, to them their duties or otherwise, become known for public service activities or their business as a whole, except in specific legislation.
(2) the members of the Board and executive officers, as well as the activities of outside regulators are entitled only to the Chairman's permission to disclose information to them their duties, become known for public service activities or business in General and in accordance with the law is identified.
Article 46. The Executive Council members and their remuneration shall be determined by the Council Chairman and Council members, as well as Executive salary remuneration of staff in the annual State budget appropriations for remuneration within the Cabinet of Ministers, in accordance with the approved wage rules.
47. article. The members of the Council and of the Executive Body, the legal protection of employees and service card (1) On members or employees of executive influence or delays realize they statutory rights for him and human dignity perpetrated against them, as well as facing threats or violence or threat to life in the context of professional duties, the perpetrators are prosecuted in accordance with the procedure prescribed by law.
(2) Council members and executive staff is service card that must be presented in the course of their duties.
Transitional provisions 1. Cabinet of Ministers until July 1, 2001:1) defines the types of public services that need to be regulated at the State controlled industries;
2 submit proposals to Parliament for) Public Service Commission of the Council of the members of the applicants in article 7 of this law in the order;
3) issued the rules laid down in this law.
2. the public service Regulatory Commission launched the action in 2001 and up to September 1, 2001 October 1 takes over from energy regulation Council, railway administration and traffic control, Ministry of public service functions in the respective national adjustable sectors.
3. Public Service Commission of adjustment to the 2001 October 1 takes over from telecommunications tariff Council regulation of telecommunications and is the successor to the relationship with SIA "Lattelecom". Public Service Commission regulates the tekomunikācij under 4 May 1993 adopted law "on telecommunications" until this law shall cease to have effect.
4. the authorities until September 1, 2001, to ensure the public service regulatory authorities initiation adjustable sectors.
5. Licences issued by the other body or authority before the date of entry into force of this Act, shall remain in force until the license expires.
6. these tariffs, which under this law comparable to public service tariffs, but definitely in accordance with other laws and regulations in force on the date of entry into force of this law shall remain in force until the end of the set time limit or until the entry into force of this law, in accordance with the public service set out in the tariff.
7. Article 10 of this law the fourth part shall enter into force after the amendments to the administrative offences code.
The law shall enter into force on 1 June 2001, but the fourth part of article 7, article 37 and 38 — March 1, 2001.
The Parliament adopted the law of 19 October.
State v. President Vaira Vīķe-Freiberga in Riga 2000 November 7