The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law of vocational training in the vocational training Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1999, no. 14) the following amendments: 1. Add to article 1, the second part with 10, 11, 12 and 13 as follows: "10) first level professional higher education (College of education) — the highest grade vocational training that enables you to get a fourth level of professional qualifications;
11) second level professional higher education — the highest grade vocational training that enables you to get the fifth level of professional qualifications;
12) vocational training: vocational education in special way that adults with previous education and professional experience to enable you to have a certain level of professional qualifications;
13 professional development) — a special type of vocational training that individuals, regardless of age and previous educational or professional qualifications giving access to the labour market requirements in a more professional knowledge and skills. "
2. Make the second subparagraph of article 4 (1) of the following: "1) first level professional higher education (College of education);".
3. Supplement article 6, with the fifth and sixth the following: "(5) the learner, who mastered the educational program of professional development, licences are issued for professional development education.
(6) the learner, who learned of the vocational education program, is issued a certificate of vocational education. "
4. in article 7: paragraph 2 expressed as follows: "2) determines the standards of the profession and the development of the agenda;"
turn off paragraph 3;
make paragraph 5 by the following: "5) a recognized form of vocational training qualifications, issuing criteria and procedures, as well as professional development and vocational guidance education certificate form and procedure;";
turn off paragraph 6;
to supplement the article with the new point 7 by the following: ' 7) determines the order in which to be accredited to the examination Center that centralized the sort of professional qualification exams; "
consider the current point 7 of paragraph 8.
5. in article 8: supplement article with a new paragraph 3 as follows: "3) organises professional standards;"
consider the past 3, 4 and 5 on 4, 5 and 6 but 6-9;
to supplement the article with points 7 and 8 as follows: "7) examination centre accreditation cabinet order;
8) approved by the College and the Ministry of education and science of the State vocational education institutions regulations. "
6. Supplement article 9 with a new paragraph 5 as follows: "5) organizes adult further vocational training and professional development, as well as training and retraining of unemployed persons;"
consider the current paragraph 5 of point 6.
7. Make the second subparagraph of article 11 (1) of the following: "1) provides the organizational and methodological assistance in the development of standards of professions, educational programme development and implementation, professional orientation and other training related matters;".
8. in article 15: to make the first paragraph by the following: "(1) the professional activities of an educational institution is the legal basis for this law, education law, other legislation and the relevant professional education institutions regulations. Professional education institutions regulations confirm its founder. College rules adopted its founder and approved by the Ministry of education and science. College can start its operations after its Charter, approved by the Ministry of education and science, and it is registered in the register of educational institutions. ";
to supplement the article with the fourth, fifth and sixth the following: "(4) If the Minister of education and Science determines the State College or vocational training institutions or its regulations operational compliance with laws and regulations, he may suspend the operation of the Statute to the amendment or the failures of his deadline.
(5) if the Minister of education and Science determines a municipality or private education institutions, except College, the Charter, or its operation without compliance and regulations, he may propose to the authorities to suspend the institutions founders Charter operations to the relevant amendment or elimination of the deficiencies specified by him.
(6) If the Minister of education and science during a specified educational institution did not do the relevant amendments to the Charter or not prevented failures indicated, the Minister is entitled to temporarily suspend the operation of an educational institution or institutions withdraw the certificate of registration, to the exclusion of this educational institution of education registry. "
9. in article 16: make the first paragraph by the following: "(1) name of vocational education institutions, depending on the degree of education be implemented to include one of the following: 1) school (school or other educational institution, which shall implement vocational education or vocational secondary education part of the program, which gives the opportunity to get a first or second level of professional qualification);
2) secondary school (vocational high school or other educational institution, which shall implement vocational secondary education programs that enable you to have a third level of professional qualification);
3) College [education authority, which implements the first level professional higher education (College of education) programs and enable you to have a fourth level of professional qualifications]. ";
to supplement the article with the third part as follows: "(3) the vocational training authority is entitled to exercise different degrees of education professional education programs. The name of the educational institution is determined according to the relevant higher education institution to be implemented to the degree of education, if the proportion of the relevant educational programmes shall not be less than 30 percent. "
10. Turn off the second subparagraph of article 20.
11. Add to article 24 of the third part as follows: "(3) professional standards organized by the Ministry of education and science in cooperation with the vocational training Council of cooperation."
12. Supplement article 25, first subparagraph after the word "standard" with the words "and vocations standard".
13. in article 26 (4): express the following:
"4) first level professional higher education (College of education) programs;"
to supplement the article with points 6 and 7 by the following: "6) professional development education programs;
7) vocational guidance education programs. "
14. Article 27: in the fourth paragraph, replace the word "continuing" with the words "development education";
to supplement the article with the sixth, seventh, eighth and ninth subparagraph as follows: "(6) professional continuing education programs that enable learning to get the second level of professional qualifications, the person is taken without prior education.
(7) the vocational training programmes of learning makes it possible to obtain third level of professional qualifications, the person is enrolled by vocational education or secondary education.
(8) professional continuing education programs that enable learning to get a fourth level of professional qualifications and which are implemented by the College or University, a person is taken, if it is at least the first level professional higher education.
(9) the terms of admission of the vocational education in the curriculum. "
15. in article 28: adding to the second subparagraph of paragraph 1, after the words "two years" with the words "(with pedagogical correction — up to three years);
to make the second part of paragraph 2 as follows: "2) duration of vocational education mining — not more than three years;"
to make a fifth by the following: "(5) professional continuing education program includes no less than 30 percent of the country's vocational education or vocational secondary education State standards set minimum amount of professional content or not less than 30 percent of the country's first level professional higher education standard, the minimum amount of contents.";
to supplement the article with the sixth part as follows: "(6) professional development and professional educational patterns of duration and content of education and the educational program."
16. Article 29: to complement the second paragraph after the word "started" with the words "professional or basic education";
to make the fourth subparagraph by the following: "(4) the Centralised professional qualifications exams according to the vocational education standard requirements are listed in accredited institutions of vocational education or akreditēto examination centres. Professional education and examination centres, which are sort of professional qualification exams, determined by the Minister of education and science, in conjunction with the founder and the cooperation Council. Institutions of vocational training and examination Center for the examination process organized in cooperation with the vocational education support bodies, sectoral ministries and professional organizations. Examination centres to be accredited in the Cabinet. "
17. Article 30: make the first paragraph by the following: "(1) authorized vocational training programmes and vocational training institutions and to be accredited education register in accordance with the procedure prescribed by law.";
express the fifth and sixth the following: "(5) Professional education programs, with the exception of the professional development and vocational guidance education programs, education to be accredited in accordance with the procedure prescribed by law.
(6) the accredited municipal and private vocational training and vocational guidance education authorities are entitled in law to qualify for public funding for professional continuing education, professional development and vocational guidance education program. "
18. Make article 31, second subparagraph by the following: "(2) the Ministry of education and science and the Ministry of industry determined State-funded seats in State, municipal and private educational institutions in accredited professional education program."
19. Make the text of article 32 as follows: "accredited first level professional higher education learners, to cover the cost of tuition, student loans can be obtained from the State budget or funds of the credit institution with State guarantees. Repayment of credit granting and delete applied to the procedure laid down in law for the University accredited courses for the student. "
20. the transitional provisions be supplemented with 3, 4 and 5 of paragraph by the following: "3. the national vocational basic education, vocational education and vocational secondary education establishments to accreditation, but not later than September 1, 2004 shall have the right to issue vocational education and professional qualification supporting documents according to this law, the provisions of article 6, and to organize the centralizēto qualification exams.
4. the national vocational training institutions, founder of obligations law article 15, in the first paragraph of article 25 and 29 in the second part of the fourth paragraph of article in those cases carried out by the Ministry of education and science or other Ministry, which passed the vocational training authority.
5. non-accredited private vocational training institutions to their accreditation, but not later than 1 January 2003 is eligible for the Act article 30 of the sixth State provided for in financing. "
The law shall enter into force on 1 September 2001.
The law adopted by the Parliament in the July 5, 2001.
State v. President Vaira Vīķe-Freiberga in Riga, 20 July 2001, the Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force by 1 September 2001.